• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Elon Musk buys 10% of Twitter

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I think that was in response to Russia saying he has made himself a military target by providing satellites for Ukraine.
EM220509.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
How does one obtain Starlink equipment?

Seems to me if the Pentagon delivered it to the Azos, then it was the Pentagon, not Elon that did the deed.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Operation Paperclip?

1652109830707.png

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The Epoch Times App
The Best Reading Experience

Elon Musk arrives at the In America: An Anthology of Fashion themed Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, New York, on May 2, 2022. (Andrew Kelly/Reuters)

Elon Musk arrives at the In America: An Anthology of Fashion themed Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, New York, on May 2, 2022. (Andrew Kelly/Reuters)

Elon Musk Puts Twitter Employees on Alert
By Jack Phillips
May 8, 2022 Updated: May 8, 2022

More than a week after it was announced Elon Musk would purchase Twitter, the world’s richest person issued a notice to Twitter employees about what they can expect.

Among several other expectations, Musk said that he values a positive work ethic. He was responding to his previous Twitter post about the direction he wants to see Twitter take after he assumes ownership of it.

“Work ethic expectations would be extreme, but much less than I demand of myself,” Musk said on Twitter over the weekend.

On April 25, the Tesla CEO and Twitter announced that the firm accepted Musk’s $44 billion offer. Meanwhile, it was reported that Musk would serve as the firm’s temporary CEO once the deal is completed, although Musk hasn’t issued a public comment on that claim.

A filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on May 5 signaled Musk raised $7.14 billion toward funding the purchase of Twitter.

In his previous post, the multi-billionaire touted Twitter under his leadership would be “super focused on hardcore software engineering, design, infosec [and] server hardware.”

“I strongly believe that all managers in a technical area must be technically excellent,” Musk also wrote. “Managers in software must write great software or it’s like being a cavalry captain who can’t ride a horse!”

When the deal was announced, Musk suggested that he would place an emphasis on free speech after the takeover, which could take weeks or months to complete. Previously, Musk has criticized Twitter’s content moderation policies.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Musk said in a statement. “I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential—I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to it.”

RELATED
Musk Says Russia's Space Chief Threatened Him Over Starlink in Ukraine
Musk Says Russia's Space Chief Threatened Him Over Starlink in Ukraine
On May 6, Twitter and Musk were sued by a Florida pension fund seeking to prevent Musk from quickly carrying out the takeover of the company. In a complaint filed in Delaware, the Orlando Police Pension Fund wrote that Musk can’t complete the takeover until at least 2025 unless two-thirds of shares that are not owned by him are approved.

The lawsuit said Musk became an “interested stockholder” after taking a more than 9 percent Twitter stake, requiring the delay. Twitter and its board, including Chief Executive Parag Agrawal, are also defendants.

Reuters contributed to this report.

Jack Phillips
Jack Phillips
BREAKING NEWS REPORTER
Follow
Jack Phillips is a breaking news reporter at The Epoch Times based in New York.
Sponsored Financial Content

Epoch TV
Featured Channels
American Thought LeadersCountercultureFacts MatterCrossroadsLarry Elder With Epoch Times
Top 10 Videos
Synthetic mRNA Suppresses Immune System, Possibly Leads to Cancer, Blood Clots, Fertility Issues, Spontaneous Abortions: Dr. Malone
Synthetic mRNA Suppresses Immune System, Possibly Leads to Cancer, Blood Clots, Fertility Issues, Spontaneous Abortions: Dr. Malone
share6204comments131
LIVE: Trump Rally in Greenwood, Nebraska
LIVE: Trump Rally in Greenwood, Nebraska
share2898comments183
Goya Foods CEO Explains the Coming Food Crisis; Roe v. Wade Leak ‘Betrayal’
Goya Foods CEO Explains the Coming Food Crisis; Roe v. Wade Leak ‘Betrayal’
share2768comments234
LIVE: Trump Speaks at Rally in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
LIVE: Trump Speaks at Rally in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
share1857comments124
Dinesh D’Souza: Enough Fraud Was Committed to Steal 2020 Election
Dinesh D’Souza: Enough Fraud Was Committed to Steal 2020 Election
share6502comments323
‘2000 Mules’ Premiere: Red Carpet Recap at Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Resort
‘2000 Mules’ Premiere: Red Carpet Recap at Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Resort
share4784comments169
Biden’s New ‘Disinformation’ Police Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
Biden’s New ‘Disinformation’ Police Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
share3878comments360
Natalie Winters: Texas Lab Agreed to Destroy Records If Asked by Wuhan Institute of Virology
Natalie Winters: Texas Lab Agreed to Destroy Records If Asked by Wuhan Institute of Virology

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or maybe the funding of Nazi Germany by the Rockefeller and Morgans? Also...makes me wonder if the whole idea of Nazi Germany was to use them to attack Soviet Russia from the get-go....rather like Ukraine is being used to weaken Russia today. Can't have a non-Rothschild bank can we?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
photo_2022-05-10_21-16-35.jpg

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 4.20.14 PM.png

[Forwarded from CognitiveCarbon Public (Cognitive Carbon)]
[ Photo ]
TSLA stock is getting hammered harder than the Nasdaq (TSLA down 8%, NDX down 2.75%.) I've said before: if "they" wanted to blow up the Twitter takeover deal, one way they could do that is to force a margin call on Elon's TSLA stock, preventing him from pledging it as collateral for TWTR.

Don't think "they" wouldn't trash the whole stock market to stop him from enabling free speech?

Think again.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 258669

[ Photo ]
TSLA stock is getting hammered harder than the Nasdaq (TSLA down 8%, NDX down 2.75%.) I've said before: if "they" wanted to blow up the Twitter takeover deal, one way they could do that is to force a margin call on Elon's TSLA stock, preventing him from pledging it as collateral for TWTR.

Don't think "they" wouldn't trash the whole stock market to stop him from enabling free speech?

Think again.

I wouldn't put it past "them" at all.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
View attachment 258669

[ Photo ]

Think again.

Is he collaterolizing his stock? I hadn’t heard that.

I think a few months ago he was reacting to leftist shrieks about billionaires not paying enough tax and took a poll whether he should sell TSLA stock to pay cap gains

INTERNET SAID YEAH and sold a large amount. That plus the investor backing should be enough.

i,think,if he’s got 250billion he ought to be able to come up with 25 regardless Of the mob‘s tactics

he‘s 10 steps ahead of them in all probability

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Another angle...

[Forwarded from Broken Anthem]
Elon is building AI. He wants Twitter for the data. What has Tore told us... DATA, DATA, DATA! The election was a data heist. Twitters data is valuable for Elon, and I would presume his joint-venture investors were sold on this future business interest.

Elon talks of transparency, because... if they don’t have transparency they will never con people to input the data for free they need to build their AI algorithms. Twitter killed their market value for the future by purging conservatives. And it looks like Elon is at the helm to fix that.

Twitter is perfect for short and brief human exchanges. Which is ideal for AI to human interactions. Why do you think Elon wants to purge the bots? Real human communication is valuable to develop future AI algorithms.

How do we defeat data mining that the AI companies want? Delete your phone and computer? Well QUX came up with a new solution that makes you invisible to these BIG TECH platforms. And they have shipped out their first wave of devices while building their network. It takes a long time to build up technology products.

Where’s my affiliate link and discount code?

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is he collaterolizing his stock? I hadn’t heard that.

I think a few months ago he was reacting to leftist shrieks about billionaires not paying enough tax and took a poll whether he should sell TSLA stock to pay cap gains

INTERNET SAID YEAH and sold a large amount. That plus the investor backing should be enough.

i,think,if he’s got 250billion he ought to be able to come up with 25 regardless Of the mob‘s tactics

he‘s 10 steps ahead of them in all probability
I believe that when he posted that poll about selling the tesla stock, he was already planning to sell to pay his tax bill so it was all posturing for the rubes.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
I believe that when he posted that poll about selling the tesla stock, he was already planning to sell to pay his tax bill so it was all posturing for the rubes.

He sold 18 billion according to cnbc over the last few years. That’s near half the purchase price and 2/3 to 3/4 covered with his fellow billionaires backing the play

They can’t touch him

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Musk tweets that the purchase of Twitter is temporarily on hold. He suddenly seems concerned that their number of users is less than Twitter claims and that more of the users are actually spam bots and fake accounts.

Imagine that...

Twitter stock is dropping premarket.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Musk tweets that the purchase of Twitter is temporarily on hold. He suddenly seems concerned that their number of users is less than Twitter claims and that more of the users are actually spam bots and fake accounts.

Imagine that...

thus indicating that due diligence occurs after offer, during hostile takeovers

even if he doesn’t carry through (I still think he will), he gets to Disrupt normal operations and expose nonsense, short of breaching the nda

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
thus indicating that due diligence occurs after offer, during hostile takeovers

even if he doesn’t carry through (I still think he will), he gets to Disrupt normal operations and expose nonsense, short of breaching the nda
Twitter shares were down 16% at $38.06 in pre-market trading in New York, way below the $54.20 per share deal price. Shares of Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) were up about 5%.

Tesla shares have lost about a quarter of their value since Musk disclosed a stake in Twitter of April 4, amid concerns he will get distracted as Tesla's chief executive and that he may have to sell more Tesla shares to fund the deal.

Musk isn't dumb!

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Imagine that...

The icing on the cake...

What if Elon is merely exposing the fraud...?

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Imagine that...

And in the meantime 2 of their executives got fired this week.
Twitter fired two of its top managers Friday, the latest sign of internal turmoil amid Tesla billionaire Elon Musk’s planned buyout of the company.

One Twitter general manager, Kayvon Beykpour, is leaving after seven years. In a series of tweets Thursday, Beykpour said CEO Parag Agrawal “asked me to leave after letting me know that he wants to take the team in a different direction.”

Bruce Falck, Twitter’s revenue and product lead, was also fired, according to a tweet that has since been deleted. His Twitter bio now says “unemployed.”
It seems they found their patsies.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
photo_2022-05-13_06-17-13.jpg

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
1652454748296.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not even sure how to read this? I would have thought the actual numbers would have been reversed
Don't know. Possibly only those on TWTR?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
and the gild comes off the lilly

1652455388774.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
anybody??

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 9.25.18 AM.png

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
hes probably going to lower his offer, follow through, fix it and take it public again down the road at multiples of current value

buy low - sell high

not buy high - try to sell higher

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
interesting perspective

[Forwarded from TruthHammer ★★★ (TruthHammer888)]

How do you make Twitter shareholders sue the shit out of Twitter?

1. Offer a sweet deal, more than the company is worth.
2. "Oops, what's with all these fake accounts we just found? We're gonna need evidence that the bots are less than 5% of accounts, so deal is on hold."
3. Deal dies FOR CAUSE because Twitter is a fraud and can't prove bots/spam are less than 5% of accounts
4. Shareholders have a valid claim for damages...
5. Class Action Lawsuit bankrupts Twitter
6. Twitter becomes nearly worthless
7. DWAC picks up Twitter in bankruptcy court, or just lets it die in a fire?

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Imagine that...

And supposedly the current CEO of Twitter is firing people left and right...surely that can't be related...

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Good buying opp, but don't use the kid's college fund.

this is a gamble in my opinion with three outcomes

1) Elon executes and you make -30% (40 to 54)
2) Elon uses the number of fake accounts to get a discount and you make 10-15%
3) he gets under the hood and finds it’s all smoke and mirrors and walks away, and you take a bath during the stock collapse

im a broken record about not investing in individual stocks and in always aiming for maximum diversity. Wealth building is easy by investing, at least is has been up until now, lord knows what happens in the next year or two

personally I’m taking every new exit opportunity and every new earning receipt into gold

Last edited:

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
3) he gets under the hood and find it’s all smoke and mirrors and walks away, and you take a bath during the sock collapse
I'll take number 3 for $500 Alex!

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
1652546295448.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
[Forwarded from Disclose.tv]
NEW - Bot Sentinel, a platform that monitors millions of Twitter accounts, estimates that 10-15% of all accounts on Twitter are inauthentic.

Twitter states only 5% of all accounts are inauthentic. Musk put the deal temporarily on hold to evaluate spam and fake accounts.

@disclosetv