• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Elon Musk buys 10% of Twitter

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

‘Amazing coincidence!’ SEC and DOJ swoop in to investigate Tesla as Musk mulls Twitter takeover; report​

WTF !!! WHY ISN'T HALF OF THIS MUCH OF HARASSMENT APPLIED TO THE "SON OF A BIDET"????? :don't    know2::don't    know2::don't    know2::totally steamed::totally steamed::totally steamed:
Yeah, same tactics the Bolsheviks in Congress user to neuter Trump and keep him busy fighting endless push back from the uniparty for 4 years.

None of this should be a surprise.

1650040983882.png

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
this is lmao hilarious -- musk exposing the satanist/communists

twitter was in the dumpster, stock in low 30's, dead money. then elon got involved. he's now offering 54 dollars for the whole thing

(communists) on tv are losing their minds. this will be another example of -- they are not about the money. the shareholders are set to handsomely profit if they take the deal. but they wont -- (they) will use all kinds of lies/tortured logic/corruption to block his move

(communist) agenda again trumps profit. this time on a grand stage for all to see

musk is a madman!
I'm no expert on Elon Musk. My daughter keeps telling me he is very big into wanting to plant computer chips into our body. Obviously Mama is old time Illuminati. What choices is he making? I guess we will find out.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, same tactics the Bolsheviks in Congress user to neuter Trump and keep him busy fighting endless push back from the uniparty for 4 years.

None of this should be a surprise.

View attachment 254523
"Joint" investigation of Musk. Now THAT"S funny.

feat-elon-musk-420-reference-in-twitter-takeover.jpg

Last edited:

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you 100% positive about that? The guy is making the elites preferred electric car and all the commie environtal whackdos support it endlessly even though there is strong arguements on it not being "green" (whatever the fuck that means). Tesla is the elitist car of choice.
Yep. And now he's rich as fuck while he waves his dick in their faces and urinates on their twitter bird.
Who cares if the car is green or not? It's fast, it actually works, and people are buying it. Is he the first guy to pretend something was more green than it actually is to make money? Hell no. That's the world we live in.

If he can make a capable truck that I can charge in my garage, sign me the hell up. I want it for me, not the planet. Before Telsa, electric vehicles looked like something a ballet dancer would drive with their poodle to the pet groomers.

The neural link stuff is happening with or without him. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad, it's happening.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

‘Amazing coincidence!’ SEC and DOJ swoop in to investigate Tesla as Musk mulls Twitter takeover; report​

WTF !!! WHY ISN'T HALF OF THIS MUCH OF HARASSMENT APPLIED TO THE "SON OF A BIDET"????? :don't    know2::don't    know2::don't    know2::totally steamed::totally steamed::totally steamed:

The $EC has been LONG AGO compromised and most of us knew as much. The DOJ, well certainly with certainly POTUS they are just as bad.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
From Brian Cates on Telegram

[Forwarded from Brian Cates]
Something to consider, however this goes down.

1. If Elon gets control of Twitter, he's the owner. That means all the source code, algorithms, he just bought control of them. Any attempt to erase/destroy/hide company assets from him would be tantamount to fraud.

2. It's the same if Elon's offer is rebuffed, Twitter stock tanks, the company implodes, and DWAC moves in and acquires it.

Trump and TMTG/DWAC then become the owner. Same exact scenario if Twitter staff hurriedly tries to destroy/alter/hide company assets from the new owners.

[Forwarded from S33K3r Jr]
Just read Vangaurt/Vanguard (sp?) now has controlling interest

This is not true. Vanguard is a handling accounts from clients that own Twitter stock. Add up all their client's stocks an yes you end up with 10%.

But Elon Musk is still the largest INDIVIDUAL STOCKHOLDER.

Only Jack Dorsey comes close at 2%.

Many of the mainstream media outlets that are pushing the Vanguard Twitter Stock narrative know this. They are deliberately MISLEADING you.

Just like they pretended it was a HUGE FREAKING DEAL that Talal Bin Alaweed rejected Musk's bid, because he's some huge stock owner in Twitter.

EVERY SINGLE MAINSTREAM MEDIA OUTLET THAT PUSHED THAT STORY KNEW ALAWEED NO LONGER HAD ANY TWITTER STOCK.

He was forced to sell it all in 2019 when he was put under house arrest and fined billions of dollars for subversive activity by Mohammad Bin Salman.

Are you beginning to catch on?

[Forwarded from TruthHammer ⭐⭐⭐️ (TruthHammer888)]
IMHO this whole setup allows Elon to PROVE that Twitter's Board has been running the company for ONE REASON, and that has been to control speech for political reasons.

If they reject his offer, he dumps his shares, and the price tanks, and Twitter is sued until the end of time by shareholders who missed out on the profit.

Twitter execs are right now trying to decide if they can "ride out that storm" and still deny a platform for conservative speech.

Twitter might be MORE valuable to them if it DIES because of their allegiance to their ideological interests.

"If we can't have it, we'll destroy it so nobody can have it" - Twitter Board

photo_2022-04-15_11-44-23.jpg

[Forwarded from Qtah]
JUST IN: Elon Musk confirms during talks with Twitter execs that there is a 'Plan B' if Twitter rejects his current offer to buy the company.

He is boxing them in to a spot where they can either accept “free speech” or it seems he’s going to crush the platform by dumping shares.

Cheers to Elon Musk

(hint, if you're already sick of hearing about Twitter news... maybe take a couple days off from Telegram? there's gonna be a LOT more as we watch Elon screw with a major pillar of the NWO's narrative engine)

[Forwarded from MK Corbin]
There is supposedly another buyer that is looking to buy Twitter.

They better hurry.
And it'd have to be somebody who'd be willing to TOP Elon's offer of $54/share.

Elon's already offering $24/share OVER what Goldman put as the sell point, $30.

Who has pockets that deep that they have 35+ billion they can put together in less than a week for a deal like this?

A lot of you don't understand asset management. You have to have a liquid or cash $35 billion dollars just sitting ready to launch this deal with. Elon is ready. NOBODY ELSE IS. And it will take a while for all these others to pony up $35 billion or more to try to top his offer.

T hose of you thinking this is done with a few phone calls don't know how it works.

Elon spent months setting this up. He didn't just buy 9% of Twitter over night. He bought under the table, incrementally for months, there was no tip off he was doing it, there was no warning until he was ready to pounce.

You're thinking he did the poll on Twitter about Free Speech, waited for the results and THEN started buying Twitter stock.

The truth is, he already had the Twitter stock.

He bought small amounts of stock increments until he had 9.2% and he pooled his $33 billion in cash. Remember when he sold that Tesla stock and the other puzzling stock moves he made the last 6 months or so?

Are you starting to figure it out?

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
From Brian Cates on Telegram

Something to consider, however this goes down.

1. If Elon gets control of Twitter, he's the owner. That means all the source code, algorithms, he just bought control of them. Any attempt to erase/destroy/hide company assets from him would be tantamount to fraud.

2. It's the same if Elon's offer is rebuffed, Twitter stock tanks, the company implodes, and DWAC moves in and acquires it.

Trump and TMTG/DWAC then become the owner. Same exact scenario if Twitter staff hurriedly tries to destroy/alter/hide company assets from the new owners.

[Forwarded from S33K3r Jr]
Just read Vangaurt/Vanguard (sp?) now has controlling interest

This is not true. Vanguard is a handling accounts from clients that own Twitter stock. Add up all their client's stocks an yes you end up with 10%.

Many of the mainstream media outlets that are pushing the Vanguard Twitter Stock narrative know this. They are deliberately MISLEADING you.

Just like they pretended it was a HUGE FREAKING DEAL that Talal Bin Alaweed rejected Musk's bid, because he's some huge stock owner in Twitter.

EVERY SINGLE MAINSTREAM MEDIA OUTLET THAT PUSHED THAT STORY KNEW ALAWEED NO LONGER HAD ANY TWITTER STOCK.

He was forced to sell it all in 2019 when he was put under house arrest and fined billions of dollars for subversive activity by Mohammad Bin Salman.

Are you beginning to catch on?

IMHO this whole setup allows Elon to PROVE that Twitter's Board has been running the company for ONE REASON, and that has been to control speech for political reasons.

If they reject his offer, he dumps his shares, and the price tanks, and Twitter is sued until the end of time by shareholders who missed out on the profit.

Twitter execs are right now trying to decide if they can "ride out that storm" and still deny a platform for conservative speech.

Twitter might be MORE valuable to them if it DIES because of their allegiance to their ideological interests.

"If we can't have it, we'll destroy it so nobody can have it" - Twitter Board

View attachment 254534

[Forwarded from Qtah]
JUST IN: Elon Musk confirms during talks with Twitter execs that there is a 'Plan B' if Twitter rejects his current offer to buy the company.

He is boxing them in to a spot where they can either accept “free speech” or it seems he’s going to crush the platform by dumping shares.

Cheers to Elon Musk

(hint, if you're already sick of hearing about Twitter news... maybe take a couple days off from Telegram? there's gonna be a LOT more as we watch Elon screw with a major pillar of the NWO's narrative engine)

[Forwarded from MK Corbin]
There is supposedly another buyer that is looking to buy Twitter.

They better hurry.
And it'd have to be somebody who'd be willing to TOP Elon's offer of $54/share.

Elon's already offering $24/share OVER what Goldman put as the sell point, $30.

Who has pockets that deep that they have 35+ billion they can put together in less than a week for a deal like this?

A lot of you don't understand asset management. You have to have a liquid or cash $35 billion dollars just sitting ready to launch this deal with. Elon is ready. NOBODY ELSE IS. And it will take a while for all these others to pony up $35 billion or more to try to top his offer.

T hose of you thinking this is done with a few phone calls don't know how it works.

Elon spent months setting this up. He didn't just buy 9% of Twitter over night. He bought under the table, incrementally for months, there was no tip off he was doing it, there was no warning until he was ready to pounce.

You're thinking he did the poll on Twitter about Free Speech, waited for the results and THEN started buying Twitter stock.

The truth is, he already had the Twitter stock.

He bought small amounts of stock increments until he had 9.2% and he pooled his $33 billion in cash. Remember when he sold that Tesla stock and the other puzzling stock moves he made the last 6 months or so?

Are you starting to figure it out?

'IF'

It might be best if we see how things play out before we start getting too smitten over all the rest of this crap he wrote

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Nattering Nabob of Negativism.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I don’t even understand how Twitter is worth billions.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Elon Musk, Donald Trump and Putin... all three are a total mystery to me. Good guys or bad? Musk is working on technology to make people robots so who knows?????

None of them give a damn about you.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
How is being tempered and objective a negative trait? Don't you think there's enough pie in the sky vibes floating around these days? Urging folks to stay grounded isn't negative in my opinion

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
'IF'

It might be best if we see how things play out before we start getting too smitten over all the rest of this crap he wrote
Here's my take.
He did this because it's fucking funny. And look at this shit... now everyone sees some Saudi prince doesn't want to give it up because it's worth more to him that financial gain. And they want goldman to say it's a bad deal when their own guys said it was a 'sell' and going to $30 a month ago. It's an epic story of trolling.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Here's my take.
He did this because it's fucking funny. And look at this shit... now everyone sees some Saudi prince doesn't want to give it up because it's worth more to him that financial gain. And they want goldman to say it's a bad deal when their own guys said it was a 'sell' and going to $30 a month ago. It's an epic story of trolling.
100% agree; It's all theater.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It is unique in that is the only widely-available platform where you can 1v1 personally troll almost any public figure.

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
100% agree; It's all theater.
Yeah, but it's actually really good theater right? I'm not the only one really enjoying the show?
And Jack Dorsy... look at that guy! He's as cool as Dinklage (the short dude) on Game of Thrones in one picture and looks like an inmate in another.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The Senior Advisor to President Obama tweets why they all are really against Musk taking the company private....

DA220414.jpg

Can't have Trump communicating directly with the masses again.
LOL!

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Senior Advisor to President Obama tweets why they all are really against Musk taking the company private....

View attachment 254535

Can't have Trump communicating directly with the masses again.
LOL!
He's totally setting himself up for: "At least Musk can spell" replies.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

I wondered about that. Every stock I have owned at Vanguard, I vote the shares. Not Vanguard.
Jewbux. Not gold or silver troy ounces.

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wondered about that. Every stock I have owned at Vanguard, I vote the shares. Not Vanguard.

Jewbux. Not gold or silver troy ounces.
It might be worth billions in legacy money but only about 900 BTC.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this means?

Twitter is trying to stifle Elon Musk.
On Friday, the social media company unrolled a defense against Musk's unwelcome takeover bid, introducing what is known as a poison pill to fend off Musk's $43 billion acquisition attempt.
The maneuver, formally called a shareholder rights plan, essentially allows current shareholders to acquire more stock in the company at a discount, presenting Musk with a unwelcome "pill," meaning his shares would become diluted and his purchase would become more expensive. It would require that Musk negotiate directly with Twitter's board on any purchase attempt.
The poison pill will take effect once a person or entity acquires 15% or more of Twitter's shares, according to an announcement from Twitter's Board of Directors, which noted the plan will be in place until next April.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this means?

Twitter is trying to stifle Elon Musk.
On Friday, the social media company unrolled a defense against Musk's unwelcome takeover bid, introducing what is known as a poison pill to fend off Musk's $43 billion acquisition attempt.
The maneuver, formally called a shareholder rights plan, essentially allows current shareholders to acquire more stock in the company at a discount, presenting Musk with a unwelcome "pill," meaning his shares would become diluted and his purchase would become more expensive. It would require that Musk negotiate directly with Twitter's board on any purchase attempt.
The poison pill will take effect once a person or entity acquires 15% or more of Twitter's shares, according to an announcement from Twitter's Board of Directors, which noted the plan will be in place until next April.
I believe this is what Elon's plan B will come about. Jack that price up and then Musk says nvrmnd. Then watch the stock tank.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

And here my wife thought I was the king of said things. I guess there is always someone out there who is bigger, smarter, faster, etc.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I believe this is what Elon's plan B will come about. Jack that price up and then Musk says nvrmnd. Then watch the stock tank.

Can I help short this thing? Hmmm.... :ponder:

Yes, I think I can and should.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That doesn't seem like a great plan to me but I'm the first to admit I don't understand all the rules and loopholes they can use. In the end, I'm not really expecting anything to come from all this posturing. From what my gut tells me, this Musk crap is just more fodder like the McAfee drops, Q in general and those silly 'release the kracken' that were hot and heavy there for a while stories....just more distracting theater that will subside and fade into history over time just like the others have.

Where's Rudy BTW? Anyone seen him since he had his hair color malfunction?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Twitter Uses ‘Poison Pill’ To Stop Musk. Here’s How That Works And What Could Happen Next.​

By Hank Berrien
Apr 15, 2022 DailyWire.com

Twitter’s desperate gambit on Friday to stave off Elon Musk’s bid for a hostile takeover is technically known as a shareholder rights’ plan, but investors call it a “poison pill.” Here’s how it works, and what might happen next:

A poison pill allows other shareholders – but not the would-be buyer – to scoop up newly minted shares at a discount, boosting their investments while forcing the target to swallow “economic poison” by having his shares diluted. The move is an unmistakable signal that the board is not interested in the prospective hostile acquiror, despite a potential profit for shareholders. If the maneuver succeeds, shareholders are certain to flood the courts with lawsuits, accusing the directors of Twitter of breaching their fiduciary duties.

There are three possible outcomes now, none of which are ideal for Twitter’s current board: Musk could win by successfully initiating a proxy contest to remove the directors and nix the poison pill; Musk forces the company to find a “white knight,” or alternative buyer, potentially at a higher price, thus making his shares more valuable; Musk walks away and leaves the company and the board facing a pile of lawsuits as shareholders blame them for hurting the value of their stock.

The Daily Wire reported Friday:
“Twitter, Inc. today announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously adopted a limited duration shareholder rights plan (the ‘Rights Plan’),” a press release from the company said. “The Board adopted the Rights Plan following an unsolicited, non-binding proposal to acquire Twitter.”
“The Rights Plan is intended to enable all shareholders to realize the full value of their investment in Twitter,” it continued. “The Rights Plan will reduce the likelihood that any entity, person or group gains control of Twitter through open market accumulation without paying all shareholders an appropriate control premium or without providing the Board sufficient time to make informed judgments and take actions that are in the best interests of shareholders.”
“The Rights Plan does not prevent the Board from engaging with parties or accepting an acquisition proposal if the Board believes that it is in the best interests of Twitter and its shareholders,” Twitter said.
“Under the Rights Plan, the rights will become exercisable if an entity, person or group acquires beneficial ownership of 15% or more of Twitter’s outstanding common stock in a transaction not approved by the Board,” the company added. “In the event that the rights become exercisable due to the triggering ownership threshold being crossed, each right will entitle its holder (other than the person, entity or group triggering the Rights Plan, whose rights will become void and will not be exercisable) to purchase, at the then-current exercise price, additional shares of common stock having a then-current market value of twice the exercise price of the right.”

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Twitter Uses ‘Poison Pill’ To Stop Musk. Here’s How That Works And What Could Happen Next.​

By Hank Berrien
Apr 15, 2022 DailyWire.com

Twitter’s desperate gambit on Friday to stave off Elon Musk’s bid for a hostile takeover is technically known as a shareholder rights’ plan, but investors call it a “poison pill.” Here’s how it works, and what might happen next:

A poison pill allows other shareholders – but not the would-be buyer – to scoop up newly minted shares at a discount, boosting their investments while forcing the target to swallow “economic poison” by having his shares diluted. The move is an unmistakable signal that the board is not interested in the prospective hostile acquiror, despite a potential profit for shareholders. If the maneuver succeeds, shareholders are certain to flood the courts with lawsuits, accusing the directors of Twitter of breaching their fiduciary duties.

There are three possible outcomes now, none of which are ideal for Twitter’s current board: Musk could win by successfully initiating a proxy contest to remove the directors and nix the poison pill; Musk forces the company to find a “white knight,” or alternative buyer, potentially at a higher price, thus making his shares more valuable; Musk walks away and leaves the company and the board facing a pile of lawsuits as shareholders blame them for hurting the value of their stock.

The Daily Wire reported Friday:
“Twitter, Inc. today announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously adopted a limited duration shareholder rights plan (the ‘Rights Plan’),” a press release from the company said. “The Board adopted the Rights Plan following an unsolicited, non-binding proposal to acquire Twitter.”
“The Rights Plan is intended to enable all shareholders to realize the full value of their investment in Twitter,” it continued. “The Rights Plan will reduce the likelihood that any entity, person or group gains control of Twitter through open market accumulation without paying all shareholders an appropriate control premium or without providing the Board sufficient time to make informed judgments and take actions that are in the best interests of shareholders.”
“The Rights Plan does not prevent the Board from engaging with parties or accepting an acquisition proposal if the Board believes that it is in the best interests of Twitter and its shareholders,” Twitter said.
“Under the Rights Plan, the rights will become exercisable if an entity, person or group acquires beneficial ownership of 15% or more of Twitter’s outstanding common stock in a transaction not approved by the Board,” the company added. “In the event that the rights become exercisable due to the triggering ownership threshold being crossed, each right will entitle its holder (other than the person, entity or group triggering the Rights Plan, whose rights will become void and will not be exercisable) to purchase, at the then-current exercise price, additional shares of common stock having a then-current market value of twice the exercise price of the right.”
Good. If it hurts those commie prick speech tyrants, no matter what happens, I’m all for it. I hope Musk gets what he wants, but if he doesn’t, they get the poison pill of their own making.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
photo_2022-04-15_16-21-47.jpg

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
photo_2022-04-15_16-30-06.jpg

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
This is further evidence that there has been a collapse in leadership at the top. Ten years ago this sort of a mish mash just wouldn't have happened.

EO 11110

(LOIS LERNER) GOT AWAY WITH IT
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
communists squirming as elon trolls the hell out of em

Twitter Board Adopts "Poison Pill" To Thwart Musk Takeover, Exposing Itself To "Titanic" Legal Liability​

Friday, Apr 15, 2022 - 10:21 AM

As was widely expected and reported in the aftermath of Elon Musk going hostile on Friday morning, on Saturday morning Twitter adopted a measure that will shield it from hostile acquisition bids in a desperate step to prevent billionaire Elon Musk’s offer to take the company private and make it a bastion of free speech.
The board set up a shareholder rights plan, also known as a "poison pill" which as we clarified yesterday for the benefit of the company's overly dramatic, overly literal and overly snowflake employees, is not literal...
Uhm, someone should probably advise employees "poison pill" is not literal...
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) April 14, 2022

... and which is exercisable if a party - read Elon Musk - acquires 15% of the stock without prior approval, lasting for one year (if the pill had expired the day after the midterms it may have been a bit too obvious). The plan seeks to ensure that anyone taking control of Twitter through open market accumulation pays all shareholders an appropriate control premium, according to a statement Friday.
For a company that has struggled greatly with value creation - on Friday TWTR stock closed at $45.08, or 18 cents higher than where it closed on its first day as a public company, or $44.90 - a poison pill defense strategy allows existing shareholders the right to purchase additional shares at a discount, effectively diluting the ownership interest of the hostile party. Poison pills are common among companies under fire from activist investors or in hostile takeover situations.
Under Twitter’s plan, each right will entitle its holder to purchase, at the then-current exercise price, additional shares of common stock having a then-current market value of twice the exercise price of the right.
Twitter enacted the plan to buy time, Bloomberg reported citing a person familiar with the matter, although it wasn't clear time for what: at $54.20, Musk's offer represents a premium to the historical TWTR price since IPO on 92% of the time.

And since the Twitter board, whose constituents are listed below...

... is about to get bombarded with a barrage of lawsuits claiming it violated its fiduciary duty, the board also said it wants to be able to analyze and negotiate any deal, and may still accept it (spoiler alert: it won't).
Twitter’s board met Thursday to review Musk’s proposal - which according to the world's richest man was his “best and final” offer and who had already accrued a stake of more than 9% in Twitter since earlier this year - to determine if it was in the best interest of the company and all of its shareholders.
Included in Musk’s securities filing disclosing the bid Thursday morning was a script of text he sent to the company. In it he said, “it’s a high price and your shareholders will love it.” Hilariously, one prominent - and former - investor said the offer was too low and the market reaction appeared to agree. Saudi Arabia’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said the deal doesn’t “come close to the intrinsic value” of the popular social media platform. Which is, well, hilarious since as we showed yesterday, it appears the Prince no longer has direct ownership of even one share of Twitter stock.

Speaking later Thursday at a TED conference, Musk said he wasn’t sure he “will actually be able to acquire it.” He added that his intent was to also retain “as many shareholders as is allowed by the law,” rather than keeping sole ownership of the company himself.
After initially surging, Twitter shares dropped 1.7% in New York on Thursday, reflecting the market’s view that the deal is likely to be rejected or to fall through.
Musk first disclosed his Twitter stake on April 4, making him the largest individual investor. At the TED conference, he indicated that he has a Plan B if Twitter’s board rejects his offer. He declined to elaborate. But in his filing earlier in the day, he said he would rethink his investment if the bid failed.
“If the deal doesn’t work, given that I don’t have confidence in management nor do I believe I can drive the necessary change in the public market, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder,” said Musk.
Previewing the poison pilll defense, on Thursday, Cameron Winklevoss, founder of the Gemini cryptocurrency exchange, tweeted (of course) that “Twitter is considering a poison pill to thwart @elonmusk’s offer." In response, Musk said that a “poison pill” move would be a "breach" of the board's fiduciary duty and could expose Twitter’s board to “titanic” legal liability.
If the current Twitter board takes actions contrary to shareholder interests, they would be breaching their fiduciary duty.

The liability they would thereby assume would be titanic in scale.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 14, 2022
Winklevoss alleged in his tweet that, by adopting the poison pill tactic, Twitter was demonstrating its commitment to preserving the status quo even if it has a negative impact on existing shareholders.
“They would rather self-immolate than give up their censorship programs. This shows you how deeply committed they are to Orwellian control of the narratives and global discourse. Scary,” he wrote. Twitter has repeatedly suppressed and "shadowbanned" conservative viewpoints, allegations the company has repeatedly denied.
Adam Candeub, a law professor at Michigan State University, said that Twitter’s board could face legal consequences if they turn down an offer that’s financially lucrative to shareholders.
“Twitter’s owned by shareholders, and the directors have to act in a way that’s in their best interests, not in the way that allows them to keep control of the corporation,” Candeub told The Epoch Times.
“If they turn down a very favorable price, there will be dereliction of their legal duty, and there could be lots of legal consequences.”
Now that his original plan has been thwarted, Musk has said that he has a "Plan B" in stock for the company although he did not disclose what it is. As Mark Cuban pointed out yesterday...
Want to see the whole world lose their shit ? Get Peter Thiel to partner with Elon and raise the bid for Twitter
— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) April 14, 2022
... one possible response is for Elon to be joined by one or more like-minded, anti-censorship investors such as Peter Thiel who either build up stakes through the poison pill limit in the process making a management and board replacement by proxy vote the simple outcome, or they just raise the takeover price to a level that even the woke Twitter board can not reject.
Or skip the whale investor approach entirely, and open up twitter to a mass investor buyout, in the form of a DAO, where "token holders will get to vote on what's trending and who gets verified."
And of course a decentralized group of supporters for "the current thing" will create a DAO to buy Twitter. Token holders will get to vote on what's trending and who gets verified. Ok I'll stop now
— Mark Cuban (@mcuban) April 14, 2022
Alternatively, Musk can take his appeal directly to his 82 million twitter followers (a quarter of Twitter's total 217 million global Daily Active Users) and have them all buy several shares, then pledge them for Elon during the next proxy vote. Because as much as Twitter wants to reject any buyout offer that will prevent it from imposing the censorship its liberal board and employees love so much, there is only so much it can do.
In the end, however, the only question is how dedicated is Musk to control Twitter, because if he really wants it, he will get it.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
That's why I suggested he's gonna run for prez.
He was born in South Africa and therefore ineligible

the rule is natural born in the US or Kenya

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Twitter Responds to Elon Musk Proposal by Creating Poison Pill

April 15, 2022 | Sundance | 329 Comments

The social media and communication platform Twitter, responded to the bid by billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk by announcing Friday the Twitter board of directors has unanimously adopted a “poison pill” defense in response to Tesla CEO Elon Musk’s proposal to buy the company and take it private. [LINK to Press Release]

Elon-Musk-Twitter-War-1.jpg

Twitter said the move, formally called a “limited duration shareholder rights plan,” aims to enable its investors to “realize the full value of their investment” by reducing the likelihood that any one person can gain control of the company without either paying shareholders a premium or giving the board more time. Poison pills are often used to defend against hostile takeovers.

According to Twitter’s plan, if Musk or any other person or group acquires at least 15 percent of Twitter’s stock, the poison pill will trigger.
At that point, every other shareholder, aside from Musk, would be allowed to purchase new shares of Twitter at half the going market price, which stood at $45.08 at the closing bell on Thursday.

The flood of half-price shares would effectively dilute Musk’s ownership stake, making it massively more expensive for him to build up a controlling position. Twitter said its board had voted unanimously in favor of the plan, which will remain in effect until April 14, 2023.
Obviously, the people in control of Twitter really do not want to lose control over the platform. Elon Musk’s offer to purchase Twitter at $54.20 per share, represents a value of 38% more than his first shares purchased. The public shareholders would make a sizeable return on their investment. However, the fiduciary responsibility of a board of directors to its shareholders is really not what this is about.

In the big picture, Twitter is a bottomless pit of financial cost. Once you understand the technology behind Twitter, it is easy to understand why the public speech platform is not a viable business model, and it never was.
Twitter is exclusively a ‘user engagement‘ social media platform with no hosted content. Twitter is massively expensive to operate because the costs of operating the technology, all of which are driven by the substantive issue of ‘simultaneous users‘, exceeds the capacity of the platform to generate revenue.

Almost all other internet websites and social media have two structures: (A) Content, and (B) User Engagement.
Content represents a small part of any internet hosting expense for a platform and represents almost 100% of the platform’s ability to generate money. User engagement on the other hand, costs massive amounts of money – due to the need for data processing to handle the engagement and simultaneous users – and provides almost no revenue.

Many news and information content providers do not even host a user engagement commenting system any longer. User engagement is just too expensive and requires monitoring, moderation and massive amounts of data processing space on the platform servers.
Twitter’s operating model only consists of ‘user engagement.’
The platform itself is a massive global commenting system – the ‘public square’ discussion.

♦CONTENT is the material that can be monetized easily. Content is the article, graphic, podcast, or video you would see and watch. Content is profitable based on advertising. Eyeballs on content means eyeballs on internet advertising. This is how websites and content providers are able to pay for expenses and operate as a business model for the continuation of content. Hosting costs for content, even on a massive scale of viewership/readership are low, and the income from advertising increases with more readers and viewers. This is the traditional business model of content providers.

♦USER ENGAGEMENT is the part that is not as easily monetized, and user engagement drives a higher cost. User engagement is the comments, likes, dislikes and discussion that takes place based on the users who view the content material and discuss. More user engagement, particularly more simultaneous users, costs more money for the platform, because the random capability of the audience to interact with the server network creates exponentially more data processing demand. Data processing, not capacity, drives the cost.

Server capacity is a relatively easy issue to solve for content providers. In order to see the content, the host needs to ensure they have enough capacity for the audience to arrive and view, read, or watch the content without overwhelming the server network. Server processing speed and data performance are a part of the construct to ensure everything is smooth.

Server capacity is not the challenge for ‘user engagement.’ Processing trillions of simultaneous user-activated functions is the tech challenge for ‘user engagement.’ It’s not the capacity, it’s the data processing. As a result, it is far more expensive to operate social media than it is to operate a simple website construct, because user engagement is the entire premise behind social media.

rabbit-hole-1-300x200.jpg

Facebook and Instagram have a more viable business model because users provide the content they host. Content can be monetized, and in the case of Facebook, Google, Instagram and YouTube they can also monetize the user that provides it. Twitter does not host content at all.

Facebook makes money by selling advertising like a traditional website. Facebook and Google have also specialized in the micro-targeting of advertising to very specific tailored advertising audiences. Advertising agencies pay a premium for the micro-targeting of a specific audience.
Facebook also makes money by selling data on users. You may remember the reference of Cambridge Analytica purchasing micro-targeting user information from Facebook for use in elections and voter targeting efforts. More recently, Facebook has cut out the middlemen and started micro-targeting for politics and getting paid directly by political campaigns for their efforts.

In almost all social media, the user is providing the content that the platform can monetize. In the Facebook example above, the platform can offset the extreme increases in user engagement costs (data processing) by making money from the hosted content, and from selling the data of the user (there are many purchasers).

However, for Twitter the business model problem is: (a) the absence of content to monetize, and (b) the extreme costs of user engagement that dwarf the “simultaneous user” data processing costs for Facebook.
As Facebook grows, they can grow their revenue. As Twitter grows, it increases their expenses massively and only moderately increases their revenue.

Twitter is not making a decision to decline the generous offer by Elon Musk because of stewardship or fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

The financials of Twitter as a non-viable business model highlight the issue of money being irrelevant. Twitter does not and cannot make money. Growing Twitter only means growing an expense. Growing Twitter does not grow revenue enough to offset the increase in expense.
There is only one way for Twitter to exist as a viable entity, people are now starting to realize this.

What matters to the people behind Twitter, the people who are subsidizing the ability of Twitter to exist, is control over the global conversation.
Control of the conversation is priceless to the people who provide the backbone for Twitter.

Once people realize who is subsidizing Twitter, everything changes.

That’s the fight.