• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Elon Musk buys 10% of Twitter

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
chief, arminius and Trader,

that is my issue with all of this,
he has never proven that he is a friendly,
now sure, many have labeled him as such, and he agrees with some things or has made some remarks that we can agree on,

but to grant this guy god status is pretty silly,

but the same people keep doing the same things, time and again,
granting people street cred as msm demands they do, only a year or 2 later to find out, awww chit, he/she wasn't what I thought

well, yes they were, the person just was wearing blinders the whole time,

for me, I consider 'ole elon to be funny as heck with his antics, but will not agree that he stands for freedom or liberty,
and if one was listening to his words, the contradictions are everywhere,

including of course post 58 here, if that isn't a photo shop

let's just watch it play out, then we can make our conclusions

100% in agreement Scorp, however the reaction of whats left of the MIC via their proxies in the form of the MSM do beg the question:

Is he the real deal and gone rogue or is this a part of the ongoing smokeshow?

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
chief, arminius and Trader,

that is my issue with all of this,
he has never proven that he is a friendly,
now sure, many have labeled him as such, and he agrees with some things or has made some remarks that we can agree on,

but to grant this guy god status is pretty silly,

but the same people keep doing the same things, time and again,
granting people street cred as msm demands they do, only a year or 2 later to find out, awww chit, he/she wasn't what I thought

well, yes they were, the person just was wearing blinders the whole time,

for me, I consider 'ole elon to be funny as heck with his antics, but will not agree that he stands for freedom or liberty,
and if one was listening to his words, the contradictions are everywhere,

including of course post 58 here, if that isn't a photo shop

let's just watch it play out, then we can make our conclusions
I think that's a splendid idea!!

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno if Musk is a Musketeer or a Mouseketeer, but anybody who has TPTB shitting in their Depends is doing something right.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Sorry, folks that are in confusion here. I merged three threads on this topic that were scatter throughout GIM.
Its about time one of you guys did:2 thumbs up:

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sorry, folks that are in confusion here. I merged three threads on this topic that were scatter throughout GIM.
Back to your regular programming...

BF
Still not a long enough thread to throw rocks at.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Long, haven't watched in full, but key point on Twitter is he wants to make the algorithm transparent so users can see why their post is or isn't getting attention.

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
but anybody who has TPTB shitting in their Depends is doing something right.

that is the point, does he really?
seriously, all we have to go on is a bunch of blathering and speculation,

we have nothing of value to make any decisions on, only perceptions of the propaganda,

so I revert back to my original point, hold the line

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

we have nothing of value to make any decisions on, only perceptions of the propaganda,

That's all we have with just about everything that isn't in our personal control.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Just seeing TPTB sweat and squirm like the worms they are is worth the price of admission.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Careful who you follow!

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
BF220417.jpg

SA220416.jpg

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why couldn't the board accept the offer, then use some of the money to just create a new site similar to twitter? All the loyal woketards would abandon Elon's twitter and they would strong-arm corps and gov agencies to do the same, lest they be labeled as racist.

For example, at Elon's price, Jack Dorsey alone would reap $900 million. That alone should be more than enough to re-create what he already made.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Why couldn't the board accept the offer, then use some of the money to just create a new site similar to twitter? All the loyal woketards would abandon Elon's twitter and they would strong-arm corps and gov agencies to do the same, lest they be labeled as racist.

For example, at Elon's price, Jack Dorsey alone would reap $900 million. That alone should be more than enough to re-create what he already made.

For the same reason that they told Donald to go create their own. It's pretty difficult and there is a lot of value in the current marketing and brand recognition. Plus, the whole problem of letting him have access to all the source code and books to see what they've been doing.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
For the same reason that they told Donald to go create their own. It's pretty difficult and there is a lot of value in the current marketing and brand recognition.
Is it though? They know exactly how to do it. Anyone else who hasn't previously done it, does not.
It's the not knowing how part, that makes it hard.

Plus, the whole problem of letting him have access to all the source code and books to see what they've been doing.
This is why they don't want Elon getting it. Imho, it's the only thing that makes sense. Especially in light of them supposedly being open to being bought by facebook on google.
Makes a person ask, why them and not him? Because they know he'll make it all publicly known, and they won't.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Might be wrong and sorry if it has already been mentioned but why would Musk buy Twitter for this price when he could create his own platform for a bit over half of what he would pay for full control of Twitter?

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Might be wrong and sorry if it has already been mentioned but why would Musk buy Twitter for this price when he could create his own platform for a bit over half of what he would pay for full control of Twitter?
maybe he did this just to blow them up

the Poison pill ultimately gets the board ousted as a result of shareholder lawsuits. Abandoned shareholder interests.

i‘m enjoying the squirm but have healthy skepticism

his hat may be white or it may be black

too soon to know

todays trolling is below ;)

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Because he can't? He could build a platform inexpensively by comparison but getting all the famous people to join and use it? Good luck. quite a few have tried and failed. twitter has the inertia. You recall the national archive ever archiving all the "tweets" from other platforms?

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Because he can't? He could build a platform inexpensively by comparison but getting all the famous people to join and use it? Good luck. quite a few have tried and failed. twitter has the inertia. You recall the national archive ever archiving all the "tweets" from other platforms?
Who else besides Trump? I signed up a few months back never even got notified.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Who else besides Trump? I signed up a few months back never even got notified.

The field is littered with people that have tried. parler, gettr, gab are just recent 3 off the top of my head.
Parler came the closest with all the right-wing bigwigs jumping on it initially. But you dont hear about it any more.

The technology behind twitter is easy; where you would have to spend money to build up a real competitor would be to pay public personalities to post and use it. You do that and you'd have a chance as the normies would follow.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Or get the government to finance the show.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

The board doesn't own any of the company, therefore have nothing to gain from selling high.

Quite the opposite they have everything to lose, Elon has basically said he'd clean house. So they are out $300k salaries as part-time board members.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The board doesn't own any of the company, therefore have nothing to gain from selling high.
The list I saw showed them owning very little, but at least some shares.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Boom Goes The Dynamite

not even using his own money so action won’t effect Tesla stock price. Must have passed the credit check

F9040892-2480-4C5F-BF19-4A0816E20778.jpeg

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I'm not up to date on the Musk-Twatter issue so grain of salt. FWIW, Charlie Kirk is suggesting to his followers to buy some Twatter shares, so that if/when the company is less of it's current commie censorship money pit, and going towards a "fair and balanced" media entity under Musk, you will be able to vote on that as a shareholder. I generally think Charlie Kirk, Candace Owens, and the rest of that crew involved with Turning Point USA is quite trustworthy, yet biased, and supporting this effort is probably a good idea. Wikipedia, of course, is a globalist outfit that slanders Mr. Kirk and has incredibly biased, leftest slander... who runs that commie Wiki operation anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong, good luck out there folks.

the_shootist

Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Bill Gates Once Issued Warning to the World About Elon Musk​

Mayukh Saha

Mayukh Saha
Freelance Writer
Updated: April 19, 2022

When you look at Elon Musk’s accomplishments it’s hard not to be impressed. Musk is at the helm of SpaceX, Tesla, and is currently the world’s richest person with an approximate worth of $267 billion. But let’s not forget, he also has a strong social media presence – and that presence has a lot of influence. Just last year Musk put out just a few pro-crypto currency tweets, that caused Bitcoin to soar. However, Bill Gates has a warning about Elon and crypto, and he wants people to listen.

In a recently resurfaced interview, the philanthropist and founder of Mircosoft warned that the cryptocurrency market is very risky for anyone with less money than Musk, which as you know, is almost everyone. Gates says that the crypto bubble may burst and that investment returns could dwindle. These are losses that Elon could easily absorb.

Bill Gates Was A Prophet When It Came To Elon Musk- Yet The World Didn’t Listen

Speaking to Bloomberg in February 2021, Bill Gates stated, “Elon has tons of money and he’s very sophisticated so I don’t worry that his Bitcoin will randomly go up or down. I do think people get brought into these manias who may not have as much money to spare so I’m not bullish on Bitcoin. My thought would be if you have less money than Elon, watch out.

Ironically, probably 99% of the world as of now has lesser wealth than Elon Musk. But shockingly, people have been investing in cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and the metaverse without considering the other side of the coin.[1]

One can easily see how Bill Gates’ words seem prophetic. In January 2021, just one month prior to the Gates interview, Elon Musk sent Bitcoin skyrocketing. And how did he do that? Simply by changing his Twitter bio to #bitcoin. Now, you need to imagine the scenario to fully comprehend how dangerous Elon can be. A single individual has the power to shift the direction of a cryptocurrency. If you had invested in Bitcoin, and Musk shared a couple of tweets where he slammed the cryptocurrency, your stocks would fall fast. Since cryptocurrencies don’t have a fixed exchange rate, it is very easy to lose all in a high-risk, high-reward goose chase.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Elon’s much better at this game than Gates. Here’s his latest. Apparently he found the male model used for Apple’s new pregnant man emoji

5C664CF7-EB0C-4D41-8040-A5C3BC9BBD5C.jpeg

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Now doubt Shoot…I don’t really trust Elon either but I’m enjoying watching them destroy each other.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Get em Elon, don’t just execute the hostile take over

Scare the crap out them and crush their souls during the process

19AA6BC1-642F-41E1-B72A-BDCD32F5D824.jpeg