• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Engelhard bar error

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
You guys ever see these types of engelhard bar errors? I just happened to notice it. I imagine at least someone would be willing to pay more than spot for it. (I'm keeping it.) lol

You guys have any error bars?

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
LOL
They stamped the bar upside down

:belly laugh:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I'll give you 50 bucks for it..

You guys ever see these types of engelhard bar errors? I just happened to notice it. I imagine at least someone would be willing to pay more than spot for it. (I'm keeping it.) lol

You guys have any error bars?

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi Southfork, been quite a while :O

Think I'll hang onto this. I've been collecting for quite a while, and haven't seen one of these. Even on ebay. Normally on ebay, there's something of everything listed, even if it's at obscene prices.

Was talking to one of the guys at the below site today, basically said value is really hard to establish unless sold through auction. He SWAG that it is likely to be $100+ given rarity, ease of identification as an error, and collector interest in engelhards in general.

http://allengelhard.com/definitive-pages/engelhard-1oz-class-2/

Last edited:

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
^
Nice! likely to be an error where they duplicated a run or something. As long as they're both authentic, its an error all right :)

See how the "2" on the bar on the left is a little lower than the other number? I suspect the other poster that said the die got stuck on that number is correct. It didn't roll to the 3.

Last edited:

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Just think of them as a matched set. ;-)

R.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
20180301_212347.jpg
DM4.jpg

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah, it just sold.... I'm probably going to list mine up and see if I have any takers. If it sells, it sells, if not, it doesn't. If people have stupid money to spend on these things, 75X spot price or trading 1 ounce of silver for .9 ounces of gold, that's fine with me.