• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Everything You've Ever Seen About Cuba Is A Lie

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That video was pretty accurate. Especially when you get outside of havana. The small towns are very quite farming communities for the most part. Not sure why he wanted to travel by bus. I never have. Always rented a car or hired a driver. You can hire a driver for 30-50 bucks a day. Although on some sites I see one being advertised for 100 a day.
It's easy to make friends there. They all want your money of course but they earn it. If you stay in a casa particular (Private home) It'll run you 30-40 bucks a night and the owners are usually connected with others that can help you find what you need.
Overall though you really are going back to the 1950's when you enter Cuba. Nothing has really changed there since then.
Having a hottie along must help out too.
-----------
Back of crensh, she's mine! :p

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I need a translator like his....
Just wait at the airport when you arrive. The girls will be saying goodbye to their new BF's and as they exit they will be available again. 50 or 60 bucks a day and they will be your GF for the week. Plenty of hotties available there. :blond:

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I wonder how much more successful Cuba would be if allowed to compete fairly, without all the sanctions and theft?

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
About CUBA...

Back in 2015, main stream company went to Cuba and filmed one season of a car show.
https://blog.chron.com/lavoz/2015/0...-first-u-s-reality-show-filmed-on-the-island/

Did a pretty fair job of showing Havana and occasionally went into the country side (three times if memory serves me).

ABOUT YOUR DEAD COMPUTERS. Chances are high that the disc drives in question lost their FAT (File Allocation Table) which means that it can't FIND what is on the drive and just shuts down.

Do what I did.

Take the drives out of the computers, one at a time. Then duplicate them on to a NEW disc drive (I USED SSD drives - much faster).

I used a company called STARTECH.COM and purchased a USB 3.0 SATA HDD/SSD Dock 1:1 Duplicator - cost me about $100 at Best Buy.

https://www.startech.com/HDD/Duplicators/USB-3-Hard-Drive-Duplicator-Docking-Station~SATDOCK2REU3

I started with 128GB SSD for my first drive. Copied THAT ONE over to a 500GB SSD drive in about 20 minutes. Then had to tell the new drive it had 500GB, not just the 128GB from the one I copied from.

I'm upping my storage units from 500 GB up to 1 TB SSD drives. I will back up the two smaller SSD drives over to the 1TB SSD drives (cost like $150 per drive) and have TWO back ups of my current laptop. IT should take me less than 1 hour for creating the two new drives and then just swap them into my current laptop and have a second drive to swap in after I back the other one...

You should be able to recover all three drives onto one drive (if you use a 1TB drive) and I highly recommend the SSD drives. They work great and are WAY FASTER that regular hard drives.

And yes, USB was in use WAY BACK in spring of 2000 - though it was USB 2.0, not current USB 3.0 (which IS backwards compatible)...

So for around $300 I BOUGHT the Startech Duplicator and purchased two SSD Drives (one 128GB SSD drive and one 500GB SSD drive) and spent less than $300. I did it all myself. It's not that hard AND StarTech's suppport team was super helping me the first time I used their software. Worked EXACTLY as they said it would. Now I don't have to purchase a new USB dulicator because I'll use the one I have that works. And spend another $300 for two Samsung 1 TB SSD drives and make them the ones I use every day and have the ability to back them up weekly (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)...

Last edited:

chieftain

Silver Miner
What's all that got to do with the price of fish?

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What's all that got to do with the price of fish?
I think that post was mostly for my benefit.
Here's a good documentary on Cuba and the rise of Fidel. The scary thing is it sounds a lot like our politicians today.