• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Explosive Lisa Page Testimony: Dossier Timeline Contradictions And DOJ Interference

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
BOOM!

Explosive Lisa Page Testimony: Dossier Timeline Contradictions And DOJ Interference
By
Sara Carter
-
March 13, 2019

Testimony provided to Congress from former FBI lawyer Lisa Page reveals contradictions as to when she learned about former British spy Christopher Steele’s anti-Trump dossier, sheds light on the “insurance policy” and exposes the Obama Justice Department’s decision not to charge Hillary Clinton with allegedly violating the Espionage Act.

Page’s testimony, which was delivered behind closed doors last July before a joint task force of the House Oversight and Judiciary committees, reveals the internal machinations between senior bureau leadership and the DOJ. Basically, her testimony adds more depth to what happened during the critical months during the FBI’s investigation into President Trump’s election campaign and the bureau’s “Midyear Exam” investigation into Clinton.

As for the Clinton investigation, Page said the bureau “did not blow over gross negligence.” She told Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, there were ongoing discussions with former FBI Director James Comey and other senior officials about the issue. She said “on its face, it did seem like, well, maybe there’s a potential here for this to be the charge. And we had multiple conversations, multiple conversations with the Justice Department about charging gross negligence,” she said.

She added “the Justice Department’s assessment was that it was both constitutionally vague, so that they did not actually feel that they could permissibly bring that charge.”

Page’s testimony does coincide with what former FBI General Counsel James Baker’s told the committee on “gross negligence.” In testimony he stated that he originally believed Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of highly classified information was “alarming” and “appalling,” as first reported at SaraACarter.com. He also believed her use of a private server to send the classified emails was sufficient enough to secure an indictment to possibly charge her for violations under the Espionage Act, for mishandling sensitive government documents.

However, her testimony focuses on the DOJ’s push not to charge Clinton, whereas Baker puts the onus on Comey. He said Comey did not believe the charges would stick and that he argued with Comey until just before the public announcement not to charge Clinton. Baker suggested he changed his mind shortly before Comey announced publicly on July 5, 2016 not to charge the then presidential candidate.

Crossfire Hurricane
Page also expands on the FBI’s controversial “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation into members of the Trump campaign and links the investigation to controversial text messages made between her and former FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok regarding the “insurance policy” against Trump. Strzok and Page were removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation after their anti-Trump text messages were discovered. Page left the FBI and Strzok was fired shortly after DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz report was made public last year.

Page expresses in her testimony that during the investigation into the Trump campaign there was a sentiment at the time among bureau officials regarding the president’s electability: nobody believed he would win.

“So, upon the opening of the crossfire hurricane investigation, we had a number of discussions up through and including the Director regularly in which we were trying to find an answer to the question, right, which is, is there someone associated with the [Trump] campaign who is working with the Russians in order to obtain damaging information about Hillary Clinton,” states Page.

She adds, “and given that it is August, we were very aware of the speed and sensitivity that we needed to operate under.”

“[W]e don’t need to go at a total breakneck speed because so long as he doesn’t become President, there isn’t the same threat to national security, right,” Page added. “But if he becomes President, that totally changes the game.”

Ohr and Page Testimony On Steele Don’t Match Up
Moreover, Page contradicts Ohr’s testimony regarding when she first knew about former British spy Christopher Steele’s dossier. She claims in her testimony that she did not know about the dossier in August 2016, however, Ohr’s testimony reveals that he delivered Steele’s information to the bureau shortly after meeting with Steele. In fact, he met with former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and specifically, Page at the bureau to deliver the information.

Ohr reveals this during an exchange with then-Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Trey Gowdy, R-SC.
“Why? Why did you meet with them,” asks Gowdy.

“To pass the latest information that I had received,” Ohr responds.

“How did you find out who to meet with? Who did you call to find out,” questions Gowdy.

Ohr explains that prior to that meeting with McCabe and Page he had met with Steele on July 30, 2016.

“After the July 30th meeting with Chris Steele, I wanted to provide the information he had given me to the FBI. I reached out for Andrew McCabe, at that time, Deputy Director of the FBI and somebody who had previously led the organized crime, Russian organized crime squad in New York and who I had worked with in the past, and asked if he could meet with me,” he said. “I went to his office to provide the information, and Lisa Page was there. So I provided the information to them. And some point after that, I think, I was given Peter Strzok, or somehow put in contact with Peter Strzok.”

Gowdy then asks when exactly did Ohr meet Strzok and Page.

“I don’t recall the exact date,” Ohr says. “I’m guessing it would have been in August since I met with Chris Steele at the end of July, and I’m pretty sure I would have reached out to Andrew McCabe soon afterwards.”

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Lisa Page said FBI discussed charging Hillary Clinton with 'gross negligence' in 2016, and DOJ told them no
by Jerry Dunleavy
| March 12, 2019 03:56 PM
| Updated Mar 12, 2019, 08:06 PM]

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page testified last year that officials in the bureau, including then-FBI Director James Comey, discussed Espionage Act charges against Hillary Clinton, citing “gross negligence," but the Justice Department shut them down.

Newly released transcripts from Page’s private testimony in front of a joint task force of the House Judiciary and Oversight committees in July 2018 sheds new light on the internal discussions about an investigation into Clinton's emails. This goes back to the FBI’s "Midyear Exam" investigation, which looked into whether Clinton committed crimes when she sent and received classified information on her unauthorized private email server while serving as secretary of state.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
This is still just the tip of the iceberg.

It will lead right to CCM (Chelsea Clinton's Momma) herself and/or Barry Soetoro.
Already has.

"POTUS wants to know everything." <--- this is in context

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
They need to wrap this woman in bulletproof bubble wrap and keep her in a concrete bunker.
I think that is where she has been since she seems not to have had an encounter with a scarf and a doorknob.

I'm also sure there are a lot of other people in the DoJ that knew about the intentional spiking of the Clinton email malfeasance that will support the take down of Lynch and company too that won't be made public until the very last moment.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
awww come on,

explosive?
never before seen?
the greatest discovery of all time?

looks like tramp himself wrote the headline

call me when someone actually swings on shoots rope

until then

YAWWWWNNNNNN
We happily will!

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
They need to wrap this woman in bulletproof bubble wrap and keep her in a concrete bunker.
They got her testimony.

She fully cooperated apparently.

Killing her might be rather difficult, if not counter-productive at this late point in the game...

Good times!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm also sure there are a lot of other people in the DoJ that knew about the intentional spiking of the Clinton email malfeasance that will support the take down of Lynch and company too that won't be made public until the very last moment.
That'll happen if/when it ever gets to the point that charges will be filed. At that point, there's no risk for people to pile on and say "me too".

I forced myself to read her testimony.
If anyone else is interested, here's direct links to the pdf's.

Day one. https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/Lisa Page interview Day 1.pdf

Day two. https://dougcollins.house.gov/sites/dougcollins.house.gov/files/Lisa Page interview Day 2.pdf

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Some highlights from her testimony along with some good commentary

She doesn't look like the typical Mata Hari Mistress.
More like a Mayberry middle aged spinster that Barney Fife would date.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.