• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

FAANG Stocks BIG Losers

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I almost posted this in the daily joke thread, then I thought about the political forum but it just made more sense here. However, I still find it quite funny!

The FAANG stocks — Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google — lost more than $1 trillion and counting

Michael Sheetz
CNBC
Tue, 20 Nov 2018 17:05 UTC

The five "FAANG" stocks collectively lost more than $1 trillion in market value from recent highs on an intraday basis Tuesday.

The stocks - Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google-parent Alphabet - all began Tuesday trading lower. Apple led the group's losses, falling 4.8 percent. The four other stocks later turned around, with Facebook and Alphabet ending the day higher.

Combined market capitalization losses since their 52-week highs hit $1.02 trillion on Tuesday:
  • Facebook: $253 billion
  • Amazon: $280 billion
  • Apple: $253 billion
  • Netflix: $67 billion
  • Alphabet: $164 billion
The five tech growth stocks, which were the favorite investments for the past decade, each closed in a bear market on Monday. Wall Street defines a bear market as a fall of 20 percent or more from a stock's 52-week high.

Goldman Sachs slashed its Apple price target on Tuesday. The firm said in a note there is a "weakness in demand for Apple's products in China and other emerging markets," as well as a disappointing reception for the iPhone XR model.

Facebook shares have slid 40 percent from their highs. A bevy of negative publicity has come since this summer, especially focused on top Facebook executives' handling of foreign influence on the 2016 U.S. election.

Amazon shares continue a fall begun when it gave a fourth-quarter outlook on Oct. 25 that was much lower than expected. Netflix and Alphabet shares, meanwhile, have largely fallen in lockstep with the rest of the FAANG stocks.

Facebook and Alphabet each hit their 52-week highs in July, at $218.62 a share and $1291.44 a share, respectively. Netflix peaked in June at $423.21 a share. Amazon and Apple were the most recent to hit 52-week highs at $2,550.50 a share in September and $233.47 a share in October, respectively.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
When the talking heads were pumping them I had a feeling it would be a good time to sell. Might be a good time to nibble at them now.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
When the talking heads were pumping them I had a feeling it would be a good time to sell. Might be a good time to nibble at them now.
The only one I’d buy would be Amazon. The rest have a bit more adjusting to do.

Even Amazon needs to worry since even though they don’t have a monopoly in any single industry their influence in connected and tangential connected industries gives them monopolistic powers from which a court case will spring and possibly a need to shed parts to avoid a consent decree or a forced break up.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Still can’t believe I was smart enough to buy 1000 shares of AMZN in 2001 for almost nothing.
Nicely done!

Are these what they call the Blue Chips these days?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Some pictures to see. I'm not the best at charting support lines.

These were 10 yrs out. Google for some reason didn't go 10 years. FWIW

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.44.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.44.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.43.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.43.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.42.41 PM.png

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode

APPLE LEADERSHIP IS ALL-IN ON THE GENOCIDE AGENDA

BOYCOTT THAT SHIT

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...k-banning-hate-division-is-right-thing-to-do/

Apple CEO Tim Cook advocated for censorship of “those who push hate [and] division” across his company’s digital platforms during an Anti-Defamation League (ADL) event on Monday in New York City, NY.

Cook was awarded the ADL’s first “Courage Against Hate Award” at the ADL’s “Never Is Now Summit on Anti-Semitism and Hate.” The ADL described Apple’s top executive as a “courageous and visionary leader” who is “dedicated to fighting hate” and “racist vitriol.”