• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Fake 5g Credit Suisse bar?

enzyme

Wanted to get the collectives opinion on this bar. Yeah, I know it's only 5g but at this time in mankind's history I would not put it past anyone to make a few bucks.

First, notice the indention for the serial #. I've never seen a stamped serial # on these bars. They all seem to be etched and not stamped. Is this an older bar with a different method of getting the serial number on the bar?

On the flip side the indention carries through and makes a raised bump where the "4" (first digit) and the "2" (Last Digit)

Let me know if anyone holds Credit Suisse Bars like this who know theirs is real 9999 Fine Gold.

Thanks!

Attachments

Sheepdog

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Who's gonna go to the trouble for 5 grams? Take it to a jeweler who uses spectography. Orlando has one and it immediately shows the weight of whatever is in it. But like I said why bother with all that work for 5 grams?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Fastt called it, I have seen many versions of the CS gold bars. There are even Credit US fractional bars out there.

If you are worried the original plastic sleeve is right around 1/2 gram, so your little bar ought to hit the scale right around 5.4 to 5.8 grams.

Or cut it out and weigh.

earplugs

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
I bet it's one of those 90% fakes...they're spreading. first the canadian mint, now the makes of credit suisse....yarrrrrrr!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
It's prolly tungston, send it to me and I'll check it out for ya. You're Welcome, I'm here to help!!~:36_1_11:

enzyme

I knew I would get this type of response for a bunch of slapstick PM hoarders.
Thanks guys for the reality check on a fake 5g gold bar. I would not have bothered to make a fake...Maybe a kilo....Wait, I think someone has already cornered the market on that though.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I knew I would get this type of response for a bunch of slapstick PM hoarders.
Thanks guys for the reality check on a fake 5g gold bar. I would not have bothered to make a fake...Maybe a kilo....Wait, I think someone has already cornered the market on that though.
I take offence at that, we are very serious around here!~:haha:

funny-dog-picture-ass.jpg

jogslvr

Gold Miser
Gold Chaser
The serial numbers on mine are laser etched. The crude stamped serial number on the the one pictured would make me wonder too, especially since it doesn't look to be sealed in original mint packaging.

EDIT: I just realized mine are Pamp Suisse and are different.

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Heres a link to the Credit Suisse website. Says the bars are stamped with serial # weight and purity.
It don't look like they make the 20 gram bar anymore. Man, those were a steal on ebay back before the run up.
Nobody looked for 20 gram bars back then, so hardly anybody bid on them.

CreditSuisseBarSizes21.jpg

http://finesuissegoldbars.com/credit-suisse-gold-bars/

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
The serial numbers on mine are laser etched. The crude stamped serial number on the the one pictured would make me wonder too, especially since it doesn't look to be sealed in original mint packaging.

EDIT: I just realized mine are Pamp Suisse and are different.
Pamps are much prettier, I like the working class no frills CS best.

The statue of liberty CS bars were getting a bit of premium on some sites at one time.

Oz Waver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The bar is real.

I deal with heaps of these, small rust spot and other tell tale signs. I'd pay for this bar any day (for the right price :) )