• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fake VANON Chinese 20v 4.0Ah Battery Packs Being Sold, Light Pack, Missing BATTERIES

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Today, Sunday, a USPS carrier delivered, into my home box a package, it was a transfer from UPS to USPS for final delivery. No Problem, Package was O.K.
Inside was a 20V Lithium Battery Pack, rated at 4.0 Ah.

I’ve mentioned before, I’ve got a few other packs I’ve worked with now and with an adapter, my old 18v Nicad tool set can run from these packs, it’s a system I’ve got, no biggie, it works and I’ve got other batteries and chargers to compare to if problems arise, that simple.

So, I opened the package and pulled out the new battery pack, it’s in the larger case, larger than the 2.0 Ah / 3.0Ah case, yet, it doesn’t feel heavy enough. I couldn’t see through the plastic but my first thought is: where is the weight?

I picked a 4.0 pack out of my home group and weighed them on the scale…the old pack weighed nearly 1 lb 5 oz while the ‘new’ pack weighs only 14 oz
That’s a seven ounce difference, 16 oz pound + 5 = 21 - 14…That’s a lot of lithium missing

VANON is the manufacturer of these batteries, both the old pack and the new pack, so, there goes that. I read reviews and followed the bad reviews, ‘low run time’, ‘junk’, that’s what was posted, but I’ve got 4 others, VANON, but then again, I used to have 5 but one failed on me in about 17 months, I tried to ask the seller (same ebay seller, I’m personally connected, here’s their screen name I’m having to deal with : power_storm, and then again, I’ve got to add, 2 other batteries I have came from them, all VANON) - experience right there...(kinda confusing too, sorry, keep going)

But, here’s where I’m at with them, my request to use my 5 Year Guarantee for my old crapped out battery, was met with a Block, I can no longer communicate with them…

So, I outsmarted them by buying another battery to replace the old one that crapped out, but I had to use another account so I used one of my selling accounts to make this purchase, with the original intent to Return and leave Neg FB…lol

So, now, not having to use any False Claims, I no longer have to say anything that isn’t true, but, my point…

Be Aware, there are Fake 20v Battery Packs, for 20v equipment being sold on line, and yes, these batteries are all over the place, on other on-line retail sites.

VANON also has a terrible group of reviews on-line and now since I’ve learned something, it’s all stopped me in my ‘nefarious ways’…how life does that…so, here’s my solution:

I’m dealing with them straight up, I want a Total Refund, I’ve been defrauded, the weight of this battery is light and I want my money back, send me a Return Shipping Label or let me keep the battery, idc, I want my money back…

Now go and expect nothing more. . . that’s what I’m expecting with the help of ebay, but, this isn’t my first rodeo either…

These are my own experiences only shared because I can tell stories about stuff that has directly happened to me, those are my Rights, so help me God! – not affiliated with GIM for either fun or money…snark

But that leaves me with the question: I have a load tester for automotive batteries, and without having to set up pigtails and DVOMs everywhere, I wonder if anyone makes a load tester for these smaller battery groups.

And also, these packs are NOT the same as Nicads were, you can’t just go and connect them to anything, they have 4 terminals and an internal circuit board, which can burn out.

The chargers have sensors to check for heat, excessive resistance through a feedback circuit, this is all to keep these lithium babies, these packs from exploding into flames while inside your garage…all safety related stuff to make these available to us. – In Essence: They’re Not Really Safe!

And I can see into the future, with all of the bans of ICE landscape tools, peoples houses / sheds, wherever landscapers tools will be stored, one / two will burst into flames from faulty something something (of course, that's being recharged overnight, unattended...safety devices do fail)

o.k. now my 2¢ is over and I hope you found it worth your time

Last edited:

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I've already ran across this trick. I bought chin rechargeable batteries once the found out they wouldn't hold a charge. I buy only brand name rechargeable batteries now and they seem to all work as designed

Stay away from Chin crap as much as possible

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
long story, very short:
i once had a display of Ford and Chevy oil filters for customers to paw over, the old type of filter that fit multiple applications (back in the 90's)

i had cut them all open to expose the filtration media inside that can...what a huge difference

Fram was one of the worst, but you couldn't tell, as a customer, unless you had xray vision

what an eye opener that was...and people would be shocked to see what's actually inside but few would ever commit to wanting to change brands

it is what it is...i've modified myself since that time seeing as how very few others wanted to do that, i figured i'd be ahead of the curve (and i kinda am)

:green tea:

i posted all of this just to help others by sharing my experiences

i did receive a reply this morning:
They're asking about the charger i'm using, they said i should charge this pack several times as the more i charge and use it the better it will get

LOL

I responded, how can i add more weight to this pack? I want to add a few more batteries, can they send them to me...

you know chinese people don't know engrish that well...it's kinda funny

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
A guy in a minivan pulled up along side of me, asking if I wanted to buy a tv. The back of his van was full of boxes with tv's labeled on them. I declined the offer but wonder if there were actual tv's in those boxes. You may have heard of the guy that bought a camcorder off the street. Had a similar weight but when it was brought home and opened, he found he purchased a few bricks.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Even chinky textiles are failing rapidly. My wife bought me new Reebok mens socks and the heels are wearing out with holes after only a couple of uses. This crap must be by design to where we will be out of everything and anything left will be falling apart at the seams.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Even chinky textiles are failing rapidly. My wife bought me new Reebok mens socks and the heels are wearing out with holes after only a couple of uses. This crap must be by design to where we will be out of everything and anything left will be falling apart at the seams.
you should be like me and go to ebay and start buying used tennis shoes

people wear 'em once, twice, then change their mind, they don't like the color

i've got the manufacturer and size already figured out, now to shop for quality and price (and there are vintage shoes available, they wear better than that new hollow sole crap, like walking with 2x4's strapped to my feet)

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
...so far, no other messages from these people, day one done

since they're awake at night, while we sleep, perhaps tomorrow will bring with it a new type of message, one that responds to the actual problem

we'll see

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
here's some photos of the batteries on the scale:

1637731886196.jpeg

1637731923411.jpeg

that's a lot of lithium and run time left out of this pack

Today they responded, claiming they didn't understand what i was messaging about, however, i can Return this battery pack, and they sent me a Return Shipping Label...so i sent them these pictures. . . tomorrow i'll respond again to their message, see if i can get them to commit to any 5 year warranty on this other battery i have that failed too soon...btw, this 'failed battery' is the 'old battery' in the photos, the circuit board failed on the old pack

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Buck,

don't know which one I bought from some time ago,
but tried to get replacement batts for a Makita drill

Ordered a 2 fer,
One wouldn't even take a charge, and the other one is working but no so hot

I got to pay more of that stupid tax, yet again

Haven't tried that again, and that was a couple of years ago

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
you should be like me and go to ebay and start buying used tennis shoes

people wear 'em once, twice, then change their mind, they don't like the color

i've got the manufacturer and size already figured out, now to shop for quality and price (and there are vintage shoes available, they wear better than that new hollow sole crap, like walking with 2x4's strapped to my feet)

Some brands still hold up like Skechers. This pair happens to be my favorite pair ever worn in my lifetime.

Synthetic upper mesh is light and breathable which is great in Florida. Non-slip soles are durable. Machine washable too. Only con is rain exposure.

Attachments

• 20211124_083028_resize_20.jpg
    20211124_083028_resize_20.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211124_083051_resize_88.jpg
    20211124_083051_resize_88.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211124_083039_resize_67.jpg
    20211124_083039_resize_67.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 3

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Some brands still hold up like Skechers. This pair happens to be my favorite pair ever worn in my lifetime.

Synthetic upper mesh is light and breathable which is great in Florida. Non-slip soles are durable. Machine washable too. Only con is rain exposure.
those are nicer than what i'm getting...

1637776736974.png

they keep telling me they're lightly worn,

but i can get another six months out of 'em easily

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Buck,

don't know which one I bought from some time ago,
but tried to get replacement batts for a Makita drill

Ordered a 2 fer,
One wouldn't even take a charge, and the other one is working but no so hot

I got to pay more of that stupid tax, yet again

Haven't tried that again, and that was a couple of years ago
here's a seller, on ebay, i just purchased some 6.0Ah batteries from, i bought two from them:

huaqi-power

Their batteries are Not made by VANON, i've only had them for several weeks and I've fully charged them, used one pack for a few minutes, no problems, and they weigh a relative amount, for their rated size

jury's still out but at this time, i'd go back to them for another...

and when i use my 'home tools' i use them like i'm in a shop, i don't throw them, etc, but if i gotta walk back to the box because the tool i have just doesn't seem to be large enough, i'll try the job first with what i have, before i walk anywhere

if holding onto that tool for 5 more seconds will save me a 15 second walk and a 10 second Hi to someone plus bending over to pick up that loose $1 note that fell out from someones pocket, i'm hanging onto that tool...maybe it'll break...in my hands LOL

yep...that happens, but i'm paid to work, not to bs and walk around looking lost, they hired someone special to do that job, it was the owners twin boys

: )

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
those are nicer than what i'm getting...

View attachment 233985

they keep telling me they're lightly worn,

but i can get another six months out of 'em easily

thats pitiful LOL.........what size do you wear i have a family member that is in the corporate shoe industry so every year at christmas i get new tennis shoes that i dont wear out currently 2 years behind LOL .....hate to see a guy go barefoot

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
thats pitiful LOL.........what size do you wear i have a family member that is in the corporate shoe industry so every year at christmas i get new tennis shoes that i dont wear out currently 2 years behind LOL .....hate to see a guy go barefoot
you're waaaayyyyy too kind

I'm pulling on your leg a bit...but seriously, i'm buying used vans from ebay for less than$25 shipped and i'm getting once worn, twice worn, nearly brand new shoes, compare to $50 and up

and that pair i posted a photo of, that's not to the point i'm throwing them away...i'll glue the uppers, back together with the lowers, till i've got them thrashed and almost, unwearable

and have you seen what a motorcycle gear shifter does to that left shoe? it wears it out...and yes, i've done duct tape across that area for years

i'm now into hot gluing a patch of cloth onto that left shoe, where that shifter wears it out

contrary to popular belief:
...I'm still a fully functioning teenager, trapped in a body that looks like a mature adult

and poor? i know some types of poor and wearing used shoes doesn't bother me in the least...now underwear? forget about that

:green tea:Thanks Brother!

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
you're waaaayyyyy too kind

I'm pulling on your leg a bit...but seriously, i'm buying used vans from ebay for less than$25 shipped and i'm getting once worn, twice worn, nearly brand new shoes, compare to $50 and up

and that pair i posted a photo of, that's not to the point i'm throwing them away...i'll glue the uppers, back together with the lowers, till i've got them thrashed and almost, unwearable

and have you seen what a motorcycle gear shifter does to that left shoe? it wears it out...and yes, i've done duct tape across that area for years

i'm now into hot gluing a patch of cloth onto that left shoe, where that shifter wears it out

contrary to popular belief:
...I'm still a fully functioning teenager, trapped in a body that looks like a mature adult

and poor? i know some types of poor and wearing used shoes doesn't bother me in the least...now underwear? forget about that

:green tea:Thanks Brother!

LOL.........yankin your chain too........other than i do have this endless supply of highend tennis shoes here.....i wear my stuff till it gets holes anyway

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Several years ago I snagged a couple vanon batteries off ebay for my 20v Black & Decker tools. A 2 ah and a 4 ah and they both work fine, not as good as an original BD but they have been in the rotation for several years. The only odd thing is when the 4 ah battery is fully charged the little charger LED blinks red rapidly instead of turning green. Besides that quirk they have been fine for chinese junk.

I have noticed a pattern for chinee junk sellers on sleazy places like ebay. They will spend some time selling OK quality for a while and build a name that has good reviews. Then they drop the quality and the price and fecking carpet bomb the junk from 2 dozen sellers who all just happen to ship from chino California.

Then they produce some more OK quality goods, slap a new name on them and start over.

These are the feckers who own our schools, courts, police, media and government. Cheezy assed chinee junk sellers.

Throw your lessons in stupid taxation in the trash and spring for some good batteries. Peace and meaning will return to life.................

. :blond:

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
update:
I've got the battery back into the mail system and I've got them messaging with me

so, today I sent them a message about their 5 year warranty plan, told them I've got one battery that went bad

The response was: We've searched and you must have purchased them from someone else

I then responded, just a few minutes ago, with my purchase information, and told them it was from another account I have, i tried to contact them, I received no message back from them, then I added that, someone there blocked me and left me with no response regarding my original message

I then repeated my request: How can I get a warranty for this one battery

(as Chinese Time is work time, while we sleep, they've got the message by now and are probably hard at work to resolve my dilemma) snort, yeah, i could only hope

we'll see tomorrow