• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Falcon Heavy to launch today (Feb 6).

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Still waiting on confirmation of landing the centre core.
KEEP WAITING.

That "Oh" by the white guy help covering the recoveries is where the Center Core crashed.
SpaceX attitude - Hey 2 out of 3 aint bad.
That first & second verse has so much esoteric connection.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Elon Musk’s Tesla won’t reach the asteroid belt as claimed.

Elon Musk’s Tesla Roadster, which launched on top of SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy on Tuesday, is going farther out into the Solar System than originally planned. The car was supposed to be put on a path around the Sun that would take the vehicle out to the distance of Mars’ orbit. But the rocket carrying the car seems to have overshot that trajectory and has put the Tesla in an orbit that extends beyond the Red Planet’s path. However, the Tesla won’t be making it to the asteroid belt, as SpaceX CEO Elon Musk originally claimed.

Astronomers online noticed some discrepancies with the numbers Musk tweeted, and SpaceX ultimately sent a revised orbit to NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory on Wednesday (You can find it by selecting “target body” -143205.) The new orbit shows that the car will indeed travel farther out than the orbit of Mars, but not far enough to make it to the asteroid belt. The belt begins about 329 million miles from the Sun, and the Tesla will reach a distance about 160 million miles away from the Solar System’s star.

The Verge

Aw — I'm disappointed. I was hopin' for some new minerals from the asteroid belt to stick in my rock collection.

BF

Last edited:

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Elon Musk’s Tesla won’t reach the asteroid belt as claimed.

Elon Musk’s Tesla Roadster, which launched on top of SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy on Tuesday, is going farther out into the Solar System than originally planned. The car was supposed to be put on a path around the Sun that would take the vehicle out to the distance of Mars’ orbit. But the rocket carrying the car seems to have overshot that trajectory and has put the Tesla in an orbit that extends beyond the Red Planet’s path. However, the Tesla won’t be making it to the asteroid belt, as SpaceX CEO Elon Musk originally claimed.

Astronomers online noticed some discrepancies with the numbers Musk tweeted, and SpaceX ultimately sent a revised orbit to NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory on Wednesday (You can find it by selecting “target body” -143205.) The new orbit shows that the car will indeed travel farther out than the orbit of Mars, but not far enough to make it to the asteroid belt. The belt begins about 329 million miles from the Sun, and the Tesla will reach a distance about 160 million miles away from the Solar System’s star.

The Verge
https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/1...y-roadster-orbit-asteroid-belt-elon-musk-mars

Aw — I'm disappointed. I was hopin' for some new minerals from the asteroid belt to stick in my rock collection.

BF
Still going farther than the Ford or Chevy....

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
They should had that girl in the movie HIDDEN FIGURES do the calculations. She was better than an IBM machine. John Glenn Approved.
:angry then happy: :2 thumbs up: :alien3: :band player 4:

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
And in other news ... Tesla posted a loss of $675.3M last quarter. Ouch. At least they got some good free advertising in.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Say... is that Tesla, by chance, an abandoned vessel? Who owns it now?

BF

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Great live stream on this topic on Reds Rhetoric right now.
Edit to add: It is Red of Reds Rhetoric along with someone who captured great footage of the operation, reviewing that and also critiquing a video from someone trying to say the whole thing was fake (despite thousands of witnesses).
Edit: Warning, language. Also live stream over of course video still available.

Last edited:

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Better go retrieve it! Hmm.. You're going to need one hell of a repo-man. :D
He should let it collect some nice space specimens first though. ;)

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
And what is the Galactic Federation going to say about this primitive piece of transport now littering their highways, for shits-and-giggles?
Maybe we should ask Arthur Dent about this. Make room for a galactic super highway.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Maybe we should ask Arthur Dent about this. Make room for a galactic super highway.
It's probably already been hauled off to a chop shop and has a new life as a Martian Miata.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Here's an aural addition to the mix

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Where's the Geico? We need a farkin geico!

When I lived with my dearly departed 97 year old "adopted mother" Betty, (She called me her third son. Her oldest boy was my best friend, both have passed.) a Geico commercial would come on she would see him and say, "Oh there's my sweetie! Hi honey! Oh I like him." and would light up grinning from ear to ear.
I miss you Betty!

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Good information but the graphic makes one thing the Roadster has already made one complete orbit of the Sun.
When it hasn't.

Sellin' the "sizzle" but light on FACTS.
Like ignoring the Center Core's crash, But celebrating the two small stage landings .

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
There is no Roadster in space. C'mon folks. Who would do this? They launched something alright but it wasn't an electric car!

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
There is no Roadster in space. C'mon folks. Who would do this? They launched something alright but it wasn't an electric car!
1). Elon Musk , The Owner, Did.
2). Yes, It could just be a Shell, Frame, and Wheels.
3). He had his rocket going up in space why not use the opportunity to hype his auto brand ?