• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

FDA's war on NAC (N-acetyl-L-cysteine)

LufT97

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
NAC (N-acetyl-L-cysteine) has been a part of my daily supplementation since Covid began.

I needed to pick up a few bottles recently and historically I've found that GNC had the best price, although it has been a few months since I've needed to resupply. I went in to my local GNC and was told that a month or two back they were asked to pull all of the NAC from the shelves and send it back to the warehouse... Then I went online to Amazon to order a bottle Prime and now I find that just a few days ago Amazon has barred the sale of NAC..

Amazon reportedly removes NAC-containing dietary supplements​

It seems GNC and Amazon have done this as a result of the FDA issuing a warning letter 9 months ago stating that "NAC couldn’t be lawfully sold in a dietary supplement because the ingredient was first approved as a drug in 1963."

I have read they issued the letter because someone or company had marketed it as a hangover cure? I find that a little hard to believe.

NAC has been proven to inhibit virus replication and expression of H5N1 influenza A virus.

According to the below recently published study "NAC has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating characteristics that may prove beneficial in the treatment and prevention of SARS-Cov-2."

I have to wonder what their real motivation is in this attempt to take this off the market.

At this point Vitamin Shoppe still has it available and I have placed a sizeable order myself, those of you who also take it might want to do the same.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
They want us all sick or dead.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I take NAC, helps with asthma and allergies.

I just looked around to my favorite online stores (NOT Amazon), there is plenty for sale at regular prices.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

LufT97

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I take NAC, helps with asthma and allergies.

I just looked around to my favorite online stores (NOT Amazon), there is plenty for sale at regular prices.

Yes, but two major retailers pulling it is disturbing. I would imagine those combo pills will be pulled down soon on Amazon. The regular 600mg and 1000mg are no longer listed there.

I usually buy 600mg myself.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
NAC good for pain, too.
It's a precursor to glutathione, so taking glutathione might have many of the same effects.

LufT97

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
My order shipped today, so I should be good for a few years. :2 thumbs up:

Never thought I would NEED to stack supplements.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Canceled Amazon yesterday. I do need to make another vitamin purchase. Does anyone here refrigerate their NAC? I've had one bottle in the fridge for quite some time. Just forget to take it very often that way.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
NAC (N-acetyl-L-cysteine) has been a part of my daily supplementation since Covid began.

I needed to pick up a few bottles recently and historically I've found that GNC had the best price, although it has been a few months since I've needed to resupply. I went in to my local GNC and was told that a month or two back they were asked to pull all of the NAC from the shelves and send it back to the warehouse... Then I went online to Amazon to order a bottle Prime and now I find that just a few days ago Amazon has barred the sale of NAC..

Amazon reportedly removes NAC-containing dietary supplements​

It seems GNC and Amazon have done this as a result of the FDA issuing a warning letter 9 months ago stating that "NAC couldn’t be lawfully sold in a dietary supplement because the ingredient was first approved as a drug in 1963."

I have read they issued the letter because someone or company had marketed it as a hangover cure? I find that a little hard to believe.

NAC has been proven to inhibit virus replication and expression of H5N1 influenza A virus.

According to the below recently published study "NAC has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating characteristics that may prove beneficial in the treatment and prevention of SARS-Cov-2."

I have to wonder what their real motivation is in this attempt to take this off the market.

At this point Vitamin Shoppe still has it available and I have placed a sizeable order myself, those of you who also take it might want to do the same.

Also, it absolutely helps for hangover's. But you have to take it the night before. Be warned once, I took a capsule one night and drank a little more than usual and got really sick from alcohol poisoning. It reacts with the leftover compounds that cause the headache.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Canceled Amazon yesterday. I do need to make another vitamin purchase. Does anyone here refrigerate their NAC? I've had one bottle in the fridge for quite some time. Just forget to take it very often that way.

As long as the bottle is sealed or closed tightly, it should be good. Moisture inside the bottle might be a problem.

LufT97

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Also, it absolutely helps for hangover's. But you have to take it the night before. Be warned once, I took a capsule one night and drank a little more than usual and got really sick from alcohol poisoning. It reacts with the leftover compounds that cause the headache.
Interesting, that's good to know.

I can only think that either NAC is to effective in combating the Covid and they want it controlled OR drug companies are behind this and want the profits to themselves.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
This could have gone in 4 different threads but more anti-christ attacks on health articles.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score