• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Feather time has come

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
My peacocks are shedding.

If I walk out to the mailbox, I'll find 7-10 feathers of all varieties. Most people just think of the five-foot beautiful feather ending in the colorful "eye"... but if you look at this pic, note the feathers along the bottom.

They form a flat "floor" for the display... while joining it. It requires shapes and shades not seen on the "regular" feathers. Look closely and you will note there are some feathers up to three feet long that are in the shape of a fin. Moreover, if you take note of the "eyes" that are only inches from the peacock's body, you can see the feathers there are just inches long, but each still has the full-sized "eye":
1659433063131.png

Last edited:

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Needs login Walt.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
What's the price?
Fifty twice

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
HAH!! My neighbor hit the big gong outside our front door. He wanted to present us with about fifty peacock feathers that Beau had shed on his lawn.

Fancy Pants and Beau roost about 200 yards apart each night when they are "in bloom" <-- It is a territorial thing in mating season, and Fancy Pants is the Alpha -- so he stays here. Beau only visits for meals, so while he did shed some feathers here, the double-handful were dropped over there.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
My local county zoo (free) has a couple of peacocks in it. They're not there right now over concern about some bird flu in the area. They sure are pretty when they show the feathers. It's quite a sight to see them open and close. Nature at work.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
so are ya gonna offer any up for sale to us?
I think J-dub is interested.
Sale? Jeez. Stop by and I'll give you a dozen of all different kinds. Some are five feet long, so shipping that kind is outa court.

The shorter ones would have to be boxed for sure.

In the Sneakydicker Househole, we have tall vases and short vases all over the place. Here's a shot of my katana with a vase of feathers. They are really decorative.
1659870383078.jpeg

BTW: I turned that wooden vase on my lathe. It is bare wood, polished.

LATE EDIT ADD: Pay no attention to big Monopoly banker/Delta House dude and lookit the wall art made with peacock feathers. I done that.

1659870758322.jpeg

Last edited: