• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fed raises interest rate .75bps

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Comments are great!!!

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The whole idea that the entire global financial system waits with bated breath about what these unelected unaccountable incompetent pointy heads decide about interest rates is preposterous.

ronpaulendthefed-twitter2.jpg

Last edited:

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The whole idea that the entire global financial system waits with bated breath about what these unelected pointy heads decide about interest rates is preposterous.
We can't live in "what-should-be-land." We live in what is. Like it or not. Frankly, nobody at GIM can do a single thing to change it.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
That rate rise is only if one is going into debt right?

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
well then why are we buying gold and silver?

is it all in vain?
Sometimes I wonder. Frankly I think gold is the past - we aren't going back to a gold standard. Crypto currency makes the most sense for fast trade on a global level. CBDC is the future. Like it or not. Our opinion doesn't matter to them.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder. Frankly I think gold is the past - we aren't going back to a gold standard. Crypto currency makes the most sense for fast trade on a global level. CBDC is the future. Like it or not. Our opinion doesn't matter to them.

Yeeeaaah..., still don’t like their system, much. It’s hard to not participate at all, but you can resist.

agcoacres

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
.75 rate hike and the Dow bumps up 1%? What the absolute….??? Would it have tanked with .5 or 1, but .75 is juuuusssst right?

I’m at the point of being convinced that there is no “playing” of any wealth medium for the common man, and I’m beginning to wonder if gold is the past, as SLV posited.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
The media got behind the 0.75% hike to sell it. Then the banksters juiced the markets to make it look like happy days are here again. Mark my words the stock market is going down again. Today was smoke and mirrors.

What needs to be done is the opening up of domestic oil production and the construction of new gasoline refineries. We also need to build semiconductor plants in this country. Then we can sleep better at night.

agcoacres

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The media got behind the 0.75% hike to sell it. Then the banksters juiced the markets to make it look like happy days are here again. Mark my words the stock market is going down again. Today was smoke and mirrors.

What needs to be done is the opening up of domestic oil production and the construction of new gasoline refineries. We also need to build semiconductor plants in this country. Then we can sleep better at night.

Agreed. I sold all of my company stock (oil refiner and midstream Ops) a week ago at the high. All in cash, now, in my 401k because I believe that the bottom is going to fall out of the bucket.

As to the rest of your post, again, agreed, but none of that will happen with the Dems, Libtards, and Enviros in charge.

Last edited:

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
heard a guy say that we're already at the insane inflation from the disco era

if you use today's inflation formula on that era = spits out same number - around nine percent

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
.75 rate hike and the Dow bumps up 1%? What the absolute….??? Would it have tanked with .5 or 1, but .75 is juuuusssst right?

I’m at the point of being convinced that there is no “playing” of any wealth medium for the common man, and I’m beginning to wonder if gold is the past, as SLV posited.

The hike was already priced in. The fed did what they were expected to do so the market went up a little.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The hike was already priced in. The fed did what they were expected to do so the market went up a little.
Dump what you have now to cut your losses and buy back in at the perceived bottom? I agree this is a temporary bounce as we continue to move further down. Opportunity awaits...

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Dump what you have now to cut your losses and buy back in at the perceived bottom? I agree this is a temporary bounce as we continue to move further down. Opportunity awaits...

We will move lower until inflation comes down.

Im not dumping anything, I’m buying, DCAing in. I think timing the bottom is nearly impossible.

Sell cash secured puts below what you expect things to go to and if you get assigned cool, if not collect money. Sell covered calls calls too way above your cost basis.

I see this whole situation as an opportunity.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This only hurts those applying for a mortgage or the everyday person who must use credit cards to buy everyday needs.
FJB.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
maybe for the US but not for other countries. China and Russia will have at least some type of gold backing as well as commodities in their currency. What will the US have?

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Well, Central Banks are buying gold, many countries including Russia & China are buying gold. They must not think it's an outdated barbarous relic...

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
If Russia decides that they will only accept gold for oil then they can price it wherever they want. 100 barrels an OZ? 1000? China dn India step right up and say yes please. All you can pump at us. And just like that gold is 200k in the east and 2k in the west. How long do you think the gold will sit in comex vaults?
Not sure if by design or sheer incompetence but Biden is pissing everyone off. Europe is pissed because they are looking at freezing to death this winter. China is pissed because Biden says he will step up to protect Taiwan. In response China locks down for cover and says, LMK how you like empty store shelves bitch. Ukraine is pissed because the US promised protection if they got rid of their nukes. Russia is pissed because the west wasn't supposed to put nukes back in Ukraine.
So, anything is possible with Biden and his merry bunch of trannies running the show. They are so fucked in the head they want to see the destruction of everything. They all belong behind bars either in criminal facilities or metal facilities.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

200 billion being spent here in the US on new facilities. One in Az and one in Ohio I think. The only problem is the supply chain to produce those is very long. 50% of the neon that is used in semiconductors is produced in Ukraine of all places. LOL.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
When the USD finally goes belly up we'll find tons of them blowing in the gutters. I doubt we'll find any gold eagles there with them

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
The obvious problem for both CBDC and crypto is energy consumption. As usual the left hasn't thought this through. The amount of energy to run computers to keep currency digital is enormous. Huge capacity burning fossil fuels is what keeps this all going. Once eliminated will there be enough energy to run digital currency when paper will do fine and real money even better?

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Should not be having this conversation. Fed should be eliminated. PERIOD.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
If we aren’t running computers we aren’t running refrigerators.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
When the USD finally goes belly up we'll find tons of them blowing in the gutters. I doubt we'll find any gold eagles there with them

For whatever it’s worth, Cheers for putting The Duke back in your avatar. Always a good choice.

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Right where they want you.

Who would have thought gold would be where it is with this dollar so high. People are just waking up to the transitory inflation lie.

99% of metal owners don't own shit. They have a piece of paper saying they have metal. That metal is promised to a 100 others as well.

When clown world blows up your tune will change. Hang in there man. This shit show has barely begun.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Tom Luongo has an interesting perspective on this. Start at the 1 hr 25 minute mark and listen for awhile. Sounds to me like Powel has put things in place so he can control the flow of dollars worldwide. Dollar should continue to for to the upside which gives him plenty of room to jkeep raising rates. At the same time, since he is raising rates it forces congress to stop spending like drunken sailers. Not that they have but notice their build back better plan of 6 trillion is dead.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Veteran investor and bitcoin bull Michael Novogratz doesn’t have a rosy outlook on the economy, which he described as headed for a substantial downturn, with the likelihood of a “fast recession” on the horizon.

“The economy is going to collapse,” Novogratz told MarketWatch. “We are going to go into a really fast recession, and you can see that in lots of ways,” he said, in a Wednesday interview before the Federal Reserve decided to undertake its biggest interest-rate hike in nearly three decades.

“Housing is starting to roll over,” he said. “Inventories have exploded.”
“There are layoffs in multiple industries, and the Fed is stuck,” he said, with a position of having to “hike [interest rates] until inflation rolls over.”
Central-bank policy makers agreed to deliver an unusual 0.75-percentage-point rate increase, concluding a closely watched two-day policy meeting with a move that would push the Fed’s benchmark federal-funds rate rising to a range between 1.5% and 1.75% as it steps up the effort to quell an inflation rate that is hovering around a 40-year high.

It was the largest increase in the central bank’s policy rate since November 1994.

Before the Fed announced its decision, Novogratz speculated — accurately, it turned out — that the central bank would lift interest rates by 75 basis points and that the market would rally on that news. He also predicted that stocks will sell off in the coming days.
“They are hiking into the popping of a bubble,” Novogratz said, referencing the soaring price tags on luxury Swiss watches and other assets.
So far, the noted investor’s prediction has played out, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +1.00% rising more than 300 points, or 1%, after briefly running its gain to 600 points, after the Fed meeting broke up and a news conference hosted by Chairman Jerome Powell got under way.

The S&P 500 SPX, +1.46% advanced nearly 55 points, or 1.5%.

‘The economy is going to collapse,’ says Wall Street veteran Novogratz. ‘We are going to go into a really fast recession.’

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeeeaaah..., still don’t like their system, much. It’s hard to not participate at all, but you can resist.
People could have seized the opportunity to take the lead if they'd just started using bitcoin 7 or 8 years ago and said f' the dollar, but there were too many naysayers who scared most people away from it. The dumb asses!

Now we'll all end up being forced into using the fed coin.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
We have been in an everything bubble for a very long time. Just looking at when Trump took office the dow was at about 18k or so. 4 years later we are at 34 or 35k. Thats about theclearerst example of a blowoff top that I have ever seen. IMO 18k was over valued so going back to just 18k would be a start. Housing is another bubble that needs deflating. Recessions are good and since we haven't had one in a very long time now is the time to have a prolonged one and get rid of the excesses in the economy. I'd like to see housing cut in 1/2 and same with the market including gold and silver. It can happen if the fed can raise rates high enough. Maybe up to 5% this year and then 7 or 8% next year. If that slows inflation. At the same time state and federal governments need to layoff huge amount of people as well as cut salaries by at least 30%.
Welfare needs to be eliminated, pensions cut severely and an end to the useless government programs that funnel money back to politicians and their families. If it takes a decade to do that it would be fine by me. Mush healthier economy will follow.

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
We have been in an everything bubble for a very long time. Just looking at when Trump took office the dow was at about 18k or so. 4 years later we are at 34 or 35k. Thats about theclearerst example of a blowoff top that I have ever seen. IMO 18k was over valued so going back to just 18k would be a start. Housing is another bubble that needs deflating. Recessions are good and since we haven't had one in a very long time now is the time to have a prolonged one and get rid of the excesses in the economy. I'd like to see housing cut in 1/2 and same with the market including gold and silver. It can happen if the fed can raise rates high enough. Maybe up to 5% this year and then 7 or 8% next year. If that slows inflation. At the same time state and federal governments need to layoff huge amount of people as well as cut salaries by at least 30%.
Welfare needs to be eliminated, pensions cut severely and an end to the useless government programs that funnel money back to politicians and their families. If it takes a decade to do that it would be fine by me. Mush healthier economy will follow.

The dollar would have to be a meaningful item in order for all that to happen. It's inflate or die trying.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
They create the bubbles. They pop the bubbles. They leave unmeasurable carnage in their wake.

Sound money.

Interest rates should be set at a reasonable rate in the 7% area.

Stop all the bs every week or two.

Leave everything else alone.

It's not just the seen it's the unseen. This jerk up or down or sideways or whatever depending on what party in in charge tilts the table in insiders favor.

If this is reality setting in it's going to be ugly.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
So, when are they going to raise SS COLA and WAGES to keep up with their EXTREME rates?

Probably never, since it would defeat the purpose of fleecing the middle class in favor of the elite...

And their counter that increased income would only force rates to increase in response...

Not to mention the drop in purchasing power of the $US...

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
This only hurts those applying for a mortgage or the everyday person who must use credit cards to buy everyday needs.
FJB.
... and those who build and make the things that the everyday person has been financing with unrealistically low rates. Also anyone speculating in the stock market that has been juiced by the low rates for so long.

But make no mistake, interest rates lower than the rate of inflation are still too low.

agcoacres

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Right where they want you.

Who would have thought gold would be where it is with this dollar so high. People are just waking up to the transitory inflation lie.

99% of metal owners don't own shit. They have a piece of paper saying they have metal. That metal is promised to a 100 others as well.

When clown world blows up your tune will change. Hang in there man. This shit show has barely begun.

How many under 50 Americans do you think have value for metal? I am not arguing the historic value of gold and silver here, or that they may have their day, again, but I am probing for actual relevance to young Americans today. They grew up with everything digital and electronic. It’s what they know. Cash is even foreign to them. They know Venmo and other electronic transfer mechanisms, and they are being taught that metals are a barbarous relic. So, when people like us are largely gone from the scene, then what? What’s your junk silver or gold stacks worth to someone who has no commonality in base valuation?

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score