• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fed raises interest rate .75bps

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The politicians and bankers take their cuts and leave the crumbs for everybody else. Don't expect a rocket ship in metals, but a nice slow burn up is not out of the question.
If history repeats itself there could be a huge panic buy into metals with prices that shock the world. It might be a temporary thing like in the past. Then what? Sale gold for dying dollars? Maybe sale and pay off deb or buy tangible goods. Where will it fit into the reset? Will it finally end paper gold or will they just print more to control prices? Will they slap astronomical taxes or even confiscation?
Will the US be forced to start backing its currency with something besides force and debt?

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Cant they just print the money to make the payments?
That is the problem. Of course they can print but eventually they will print to where the paper has a higher real value than the currency's face value. Hard to believe but we are just about on the "paper standard." Could this be behind the real reason for digital currency?

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Where will it fit into the reset?
I think the question is what side wins? The reset side or the awakening side. EIther way we are in for a hell of a ride.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I think the question is what side wins? The reset side or the awakening side. EIther way we are in for a hell of a ride.
As far as dollars go I suspect more than one reset. Unless a miracle happens the US will bring in digital currency that is more bullshit manufactured dollars. With no backing that will fail too. Then the real reset. Your right, fun times ahead. Where does the civil war fit into this?

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Way back in Ramblings, through Davey's rebuild, onto Foreclosure threads we have been tossing around housing. Go back and read, there are some great nuggets in there over the last couple of years, it'll help serve as a base for what is coming...

Here is the thing, this haven't completely killed it so they are not done. I'll repeat for emphasis, so the ominous music can catch up.... Housing was the only real market moving, they want to completely kill the economy, so they aren't done raising rates... more pain coming in rates. maybe double digits

Layer upon layer, healthcare, food distribution and prep, fuel, natural gas, crypto, metals..... now housing, right before they burn down the bond market leading to the largest stock market rally ever .... then they pull the plug on the USD .

clif noting, any non essential RE should have been sold 6 months ago, including income producing rentals.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
How come my wife never listens to me and I am usually right?
In you, she finally found her Mr. Right, only to discover later his first name was Always.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I watched a Jim Willie interview the other night. I think he might be right about a lot but he seems stark raving mad these days.
He does drop some cherry bombs about things that never made the news... pointing one in a certain direction....

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score