• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Federal appeals court orders judge to drop charges against Michael Flynn

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
BOOM!

Federal appeals court orders judge to drop charges against Michael Flynn
BY STEFAN BECKET, ROBERT LEGARE, GRACE SEGERS

UPDATED ON: JUNE 24, 2020

Washington — A federal appeals court has ordered a district judge to grant the Justice Department's request to drop the criminal case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn, bringing the extraordinary legal battle over the department's handling of the case closer to an end.

A panel of three judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit granted Flynn's motion to force U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan to drop the case in an order on Wednesday. The ruling was 2 to 1, with one judge dissenting.

The Justice Department moved to dismiss the case against Flynn in May, asking Sullivan to drop the criminal charge despite Flynn's guilty plea. Sullivan declined to immediately rule on the motion, and instead indicated he would review the decision and appoint a retired judge as a "friend of the court" to argue against the government. Flynn filed an emergency appeal to the D.C. Circuit to force Sullivan to accept the motion and drop the charge.

The decision does not bring the case to an immediate end, according to Stephen Vladeck, a professor at the University of Texas School of Law and a seasoned Supreme Court litigator. If Sullivan chooses to, he can ask the D.C. Circuit to rehear the case "en banc," or before all 12 active judges. The court can also decide to rehear the case if a majority of the judges vote to do so. Any decision by the full circuit court could then be appealed to the Supreme Court.

"The dispute may be between a judge and DOJ, but the rules are the same," Vladeck told CBS News.

In an opinion explaining the ruling, Circuit Judge Neomi Rao, who was nominated to the bench by President Trump, argued that forcing the Justice Department to explain its reasoning for seeking to drop the case would infringe on the authority of the executive branch.

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
1593044894007.png
https://twitter.com/RepDougCollins/status/1275797958726946821

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
think of that though,
Here he be

Obama Appointed DC Circuit Court Dissenting Judge Wilkins:

ROBERT L. WILKINS

1593049341873.png

Judge Wilkins was appointed to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit on January 15, 2014. A native of Muncie Indiana, he obtained a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in 1986 and a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1989. Following law school, Judge Wilkins served as a law clerk to the Honorable Earl B. Gilliam of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. In 1990, he joined the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia, where he served first as a staff attorney in the trial and appellate divisions and later for several years as Special Litigation Chief. In 2002, he joined the law firm of Venable LLP as a partner, handling white-collar defense, intellectual property and complex civil litigation matters. During his tenure with the Public Defender Service and in private practice, Judge Wilkins served as the lead plaintiff in Wilkins, et al. v. State of Maryland, a landmark civil rights lawsuit that inspired nationwide legislative and executive reform of police stop-and-search practices and the collection of data regarding those practices. Judge Wilkins also played a key role in the establishment of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (opened in September 2016 on the National Mall), serving as the Chairman of the Site and Building Committee of the Presidential Commission whose work led to the Congressional authorization of the museum and the selection of its location. As a practicing lawyer, he was named one of the "40 under 40 most successful young litigators in America" by the National Law Journal (2002) and one of the "90 Greatest Washington Lawyers of the Last 30 Years" by the Legal Times (2008). In 2019, Judge Wilkins received the Harvard Law School Association Award and the Washington Bar Association Charles Hamilton Houston Medallion of Merit. On December 27, 2010, Judge Wilkins was appointed United States District Judge for the District of Columbia, where he served until his appointment to the D.C. Circuit.

https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/home.nsf/Content/VL+-+Judges+-+RLW

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
John M. Reeves, Founder and Member, Reeves Law LLC. Appellate Practitioner, deserves a follow

This guy is an incredibly good writer on law. He is following the Flynn case very closely, and the linked thread is a beautiful summary of the DC Court of Appeals ruling to grant Flynn writ of mandamus.

TL;DR: Reeves explains in detail how Judge Rao eviscerates dissenting Judge Wilkins!

https://twitter.com/reeveslawstl/status/1275936249266700294

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
What a show. One big distraction event after another.

The real story is a severe depression is coming and the news is exactly the same as it was in early 1930... V shaped recovery, everything will be fine, anything can be a top story, anything except of course the onset of this depression, wouldn't want to derail a good show before it gets up a really strong head of steam.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
you have noticed the elite losing their collective asses during this 'pandemic'...

at least that's what the stories are telling us...

up to this point, it does appear it's affecting everyone and i don't think 'they' had that in mind when they were conjuring this game up...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Bankers couldn’t hide the coming financial collapse behind another war, so they did the next best thing, release a planndemic... if a Great Depression ensues they’ll point to CV19 as the cause... leaving them blameless.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
John M. Reeves, Founder and Member, Reeves Law LLC. Appellate Practitioner, deserves a follow
This guy is an incredibly good writer on law. He is following the Flynn case very closely, and the linked thread is a beautiful summary of the DC Court of Appeals ruling to grant Flynn writ of mandamus.
TL;DR: Reeves explains in detail how Judge Rao eviscerates dissenting Judge Wilkins!

https://twitter.com/reeveslawstl/status/1275936249266700294

First part of Reeves twitter link

https://mobile.twitter.com/reeveslawstl

chieftain

Silver Miner
What a show. One big distraction event after another.

The real story is a severe depression is coming and the news is exactly the same as it was in early 1930... V shaped recovery, everything will be fine, anything can be a top story, anything except of course the onset of this depression, wouldn't want to derail a good show before it gets up a really strong head of steam.
The narrative and the blabber might sound familiar to the musings going on before the 1929 crash but the driving forces are very different this time around. There are factors at play here that didn't exist in the 1930's that make this episode far more chaotic than any such instance in the past.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The narrative ... ...factors at play here that didn't exist in the 1930's that make this episode far more chaotic than any such instance in the past.
Yes, much worse this time. My point was the narrative they are using and the distraction techniques are very similar to what was being spewed in early 1930 right after the initial crash.

If they are following the same cycle movements, just at a larger scale, then I would expect to see a really big secondary crash to come sometime between Sept and early next year. If patterns remain similar, then we should also see at least two more followup crashes in the upcoming years.

RE should begin to take big hits beginning of course with commercial and then spreading to residential. Maybe not all that much nominally, but in real terms certainly and probably both. These early stages should see a lot of deflationary factors as well as a few very strong inflationary factors (PMs, heavy equip., specialized spare parts, ammo,...) - overall deflation should easily win out in general during these early stages.

Afterward, I would expect a very high inflation in all assets just as the depression reduces disposable income for most of the working class. This could easily turn out to be one of the worst hits to the workers they have ever seen.

If our leaders continue down the path which the technocrats and their gllobalist handlers have demanded then the big trouble we are currently in will evolve into an unimaginable catastrophic nightmare. We may not know exactly how this plays out until later this year, but had they wanted to turn this around, they would be doing things right now which they are not.

It appears the leaders of the elite's controller cult, the elite family CBs, their henchmen and technocrats and down through the political leaders and super wealthy industrialists - all believe the best approach is to create disaster now in an attempt to reduce the power and population of the working class. They have been convinced that between climate change, death of bees and topsoil erosion, the world will die if they don't kill off most of us first.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sweet. More political antics from the department of just-us. The assholes at the FBI are like junior politicians that think they know just how to run this nation...straight into the ground. Dismantle the damn thing already. The days when the FBI is perceived as a non-partisan federal law enforcement agency are long long gone...it's an absolute joke now and the problems aren't limited to a few bad actors...it's systemic. Flush it.

chieftain

Silver Miner
Yes, much worse this time. My point was the narrative they are using and the distraction techniques are very similar to what was being spewed in early 1930 right after the initial crash.

If they are following the same cycle movements, just at a larger scale, then I would expect to see a really big secondary crash to come sometime between Sept and early next year. If patterns remain similar, then we should also see at least two more followup crashes in the upcoming years.

RE should begin to take big hits beginning of course with commercial and then spreading to residential. Maybe not all that much nominally, but in real terms certainly and probably both. These early stages should see a lot of deflationary factors as well as a few very strong inflationary factors (PMs, heavy equip., specialized spare parts, ammo,...) - overall deflation should easily win out in general during these early stages.

Afterward, I would expect a very high inflation in all assets just as the depression reduces disposable income for most of the working class. This could easily turn out to be one of the worst hits to the workers they have ever seen.

If our leaders continue down the path which the technocrats and their gllobalist handlers have demanded then the big trouble we are currently in will evolve into an unimaginable catastrophic nightmare. We may not know exactly how this plays out until later this year, but had they wanted to turn this around, they would be doing things right now which they are not.

It appears the leaders of the elite's controller cult, the elite family CBs, their henchmen and technocrats and down through the political leaders and super wealthy industrialists - all believe the best approach is to create disaster now in an attempt to reduce the power and population of the working class. They have been convinced that between climate change, death of bees and topsoil erosion, the world will die if they don't kill off most of us first.
I don't disagree with what you've written with respect to the gameplan, my contention has been that instruments such as the internet and the optics it provides to events previously veiled in darkness. The elite embraced the idea of social networking online as they knew full well that they could trap millions into pointless distraction with it. However the internet is a double edged sword like no other; it has not only amplified the concept of unintended consequences, but they have taken away a fair chunk of the control mechanism these slimeballs previously took for granted.

All bets are off if the central banking systems collapse due to actions not initiated by TPTB.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So I havent heard any more news on this. Surely - it will be a story if the judge actually dismisses the case...so I can only assume he hasnt yet followed the order he was given.

What is a usual amount of time a judge has to do what he is told to do? Anyone know?

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

I'm seeing more and more people I know on social media have started growing gardens. Not because they are farmers, but because they see what's coming down the pipe.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
So I havent heard any more news on this. Surely - it will be a story if the judge actually dismisses the case...so I can only assume he hasnt yet followed the order he was given.

What is a usual amount of time a judge has to do what he is told to do? Anyone know?
the circuit stopped short of removing him from the case

He can appeal to the full court or to the Supreme Court

I wish I knew How long he had to follow the order

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
the circuit stopped short of removing him from the case

He can appeal to the full court or to the Supreme Court

I wish I knew How long he had to follow the order
The delay and distract methodology continues unabated. All talk nothing more yet the 'good guys' stand silent and take no action.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I'm seeing more and more people I know on social media have started growing gardens. Not because they are farmers, but because they see what's coming down the pipe.
Count me among them, first time eva for me. Already started harvesting spinach and zucchini

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Sweet. More political antics from the department of just-us. The assholes at the FBI are like junior politicians that think they know just how to run this nation...straight into the ground. Dismantle the damn thing already. The days when the FBI is perceived as a non-partisan federal law enforcement agency are long long gone...it's an absolute joke now and the problems aren't limited to a few bad actors...it's systemic. Flush it.
solarion,

I would argue they have always been that way,
from inception,

they have never been the 'organization' as the propaganda had on full display

JMO

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
solarion,

I would argue they have always been that way,
from inception,

they have never been the 'organization' as the propaganda had on full display

JMO
You're probably correct wise white bear, it just seems much more in-your-face than at any other time in my life, or perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. Not long ago, my main problem with the FBI was that they seemed to be inventing so called "radical terrorists"(a'la the so called x-tree bomber) out of disgruntled young men. Now they never seem to do much of anything useful that doesn't focus on sewing the seeds of racial disharmony or protecting the status quo corruption in DeeCee.

The defense of HRC's clearly treasonous acts, the FISA court shenanigans to spy on candidate Trump, the bizarre focus on so called "hate crimes" when one particular protected class is attacked by a "less equal" individual or group of individuals, it's like they've completely dropped the facade of integrity at this point.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
solarion

I reminisce of hoover and what a pos he was, of JFK, of the hit job done to nixon,
hell, pretty long list when you give it a bit of time

they were front and center on all of those

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'd certainly not weep if the DOJ/FBI was dissolved. Apart from the lack of Constitutional authority to exist, they're clearly not there to accomplish what they claim. This:
Budget Request Summary: The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI’s) Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 budget request proposes a total of $9,309,322,000 in direct budget authority, of which $9,257,427,000 is for Salaries and Expenses (S&E) and $51,895,000 is for Construction. The S&E request includes a total of 35,558 direct positions and 34,085 direct full time equivalents (FTE); the positions include:  13,201 Special Agents (SAs)  3,115 Intelligence Analysts (IAs)  19,242 Professional Staff (PS)
Seems a horrendous waste of resources to my mind. What is it the American people get for that $9.2b? Less than nothing to my mind.

https://www.justice.gov/jmd/page/fi...e Federal,and $51,895,000 is for Construction.

Here's a request for $31.7b for the DOJ FY 2021. Completely insane!

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/department-justice-fy-2021-budget-request-0

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
now that Flynn isn’t a felon, maybe he’d be a good candidate to replace Ray at FBI

exactly the type of thing Trump would enjoy doing