• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Federal Reserve Announces Day of Issue of Redesigned $100 Note

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday announced that the redesigned $100note will begin circulating on October 8, 2013. This note, which incorporates new security features such as a blue, 3-D security ribbon, will be easier for the public to authenticate but more difficult for counterfeiters to replicate.

The new design for the $100 note was unveiled in 2010, but its introduction was postponed followingan unexpected production delay. To ensure a smooth transition to the redesigned note when it begins circulating in October, the U.S. Currency Education Program is reaching out to businesses and consumers around the world to raise awareness about the new design and inform them about how to use its security features. More information about the new design $100 note, as well as training and educational materials, can be found at www.newmoney.gov.

For media inquiries, call 202-452-2955.

http://www.newmoney.gov/

Attachments

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member
Who pay for the cost of introducing the new redesigned note, the Fed or the US treasury ?

I bet the we the taxpayer does.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Who pay for the cost of introducing the new redesigned note, the Fed or the US treasury ?

I bet the we the taxpayer does.
bet on it ? u can count on it !

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I suspect we are going to be getting something else along with this new $100 fiat note

Surprises await us just around the corner...

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Is there an RFID chip or other tracking device in them? Or is the NSA involved? :rolleyes:

Cornelius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I suspect we are going to be getting something else along with this new $100 fiat note

Surprises await us just around the corner...
Wouldn't it be easy to simply put a stack of notes, inside of a microwave oven (with a glass of water) and cook it a little to remove any such devices?

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Is there an RFID chip or other tracking device in them? Or is the NSA involved? :rolleyes:
I think the strips have detection capabilities IE: the govt can within a certain distance pick up on em. even years ago the govt busted a lady with 1 million stashed under her cement garage floor..the bills had the strips.. its nothing new perhaps easier to pick up at greater distance . FTS

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So the talk of all the gold on the new $100 bills means a return to the gold standard is just that....talk. Not surprised.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Wouldn't it be easy to simply put a stack of notes, inside of a microwave oven (with a glass of water) and cook it a little to remove any such devices?

Thanks for the tip and for safety, I'll me nuking all my new $100's in the future..........afterall it's just paper, right ?

*Ooops, I bet that inkwell turns black !

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
They should have put some snazzy graphic on it celebrating 100 years of Fed tyranny!
I think you are on to something here:

100 years of fed tyranny celebrated by issuing, not a more robust (honest) currency like Au, Ag, and Cu, but more flashy fiat to complement the 90% of "circulating money" that consists of ethereally conjured e-FRNs.

How long until the old $100 bills need to be redeemed for the new ones, or electrons, I wonder?

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
The Bureau is 3 years behind, lost $260 some million in bad notes already printed, problem STILL is the Crane paper with the security strip.....many of my old neighbors worked for them, as a footnote, they have been working 24 hrs , 3 shifts printing, and printing, and printing....many pulling in over $140,000 a year with OT, those 13 machines keep turning, and turning....

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
QWAK,As long as the old more easely counterfited bills are accepted then this new bill adds NO actual security to people and businesses who accept $100.00 bills!:idea::thumbs_down:

What it does do is set them up as BAG HOLDERS when the FED sets a DATE when all LAWFULLY held $100..s can be exchanged and after that date they will no longer be honored! :ahhhhh::thumbs_down:

They did it in NAM with MPC to burn all the people in the black market!:thumbs_down::mad:

I think :idea: that is what they got planed!:thumbs_up:

They flood the banks with CASH people are hiding in there matresses BUT they must PROVE ware the GOT the stacks of $100.00s they want to exchange for the new bills!

It is very diabolical and would for shure help the banks BUT every drug dealer in the country would go on the WAR PATH and justify MARTIAL LAW too. :ahhhhh::thumbs_down:

the DUCK :s9:

Last edited:

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
On October 8th, 2013 the new $100 bill will promptly be worth $50 in buying power, if we are lucky. Less if we are unlucky.

B00B001000

Seeker
Seeker
The Printing Presses Bill Clinton sold to N Korea are busy printing our new bills.After all it is just paper. How about the 260 Million the Treasury Department printed wrong, that are now sitting on the floor of the Bureau of Engraving. Not even under guard. Just walk in and grab a hand flu ll.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
So the talk of all the gold on the new $100 bills means a return to the gold standard is just that....talk. Not surprised.
Agreed...
Propaganda works and there is no better billboard than on currency

Talk is cheap

QWAK,As long as the old more easely counterfited bills are accepted then this new bill adds NO actual security to people and businesses who accept $100.00 bills!:idea::thumbs_down:

What it does do is set them up as BAG HOLDERS when the FED sets a DATE when all LAWFULLY held $100..s can be exchanged and after that date they will no longer be honored! :ahhhhh::thumbs_down:

They did it in NAM with MPC to burn all the people in the black market!:thumbs_down::mad:

I think :idea: that is what they got planed!:thumbs_up:

They flood the banks with CASH people are hiding in there matresses BUT they must PROVE ware the GOT the stacks of $100.00s they want to exchange for the new bills!

It is very diabolical and would for shure help the banks BUT every drug dealer in the country would go on the WAR PATH and justify MARTIAL LAW too. :ahhhhh::thumbs_down:

the DUCK :s9:
Don't forget the Tax that could be collected on these "probable ill-gotten gains"...un-convertible and Taxable

The Printing Presses Bill Clinton sold to N Korea are busy printing our new bills.After all it is just paper. How about the 260 Million the Treasury Department printed wrong, that are now sitting on the floor of the Bureau of Engraving. Not even under guard. Just walk in and grab a hand flu ll.
Gotta link on the "Unguarded" fiat?

"Walk in and grab a handful"? Not likely

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
100 years of fed tyranny celebrated by issuing, not a more robust (honest) currency like Au, Ag, and Cu, but more flashy fiat to complement the 90% of "circulating money" that consists of ethereally conjured e-FRNs.
Yes, and don't forget the secret writing of the illuminati that can only be viewed with special glasses (ref - National Treasure).

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The day they start adding colors to the notes other than green, that is the day the party is over.

Kingfisher

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Thanks for the tip and for safety, I'll me nuking all my new $100's in the future..........afterall it's just paper, right ?

*Ooops, I bet that inkwell turns black !
Probably charged with defacing American currency if there is such a law. If it (Fed) were me, I would have it set up to go blank if messed with. Just blank sheaves of currency paper. That is probably against the law as well.

earplugs

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
all that gold symbolism on the right...just a coincidence and it looks purdy. :cry1:

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The feds are warehousing this gold for me, along with a few thousand ounces of Ag.

This gold cert has actual Au embedded in the paper.

I sold this cert on ebay a few years back, and I had to refund the buyer's e-FRNs because I have yet to locate it.