• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Feds Spend Millions on Lobster, Golf Carts, and Pianos in One Month Spending Spree In an annual spree to spend money during the last month of the fisc

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I really detest this slimy tentacled mutant we've called the US Government.

Feds Spend Millions on Lobster, Golf Carts, and Pianos in One Month Spending Spree

In an annual spree to spend money during the last month of the fiscal year, the federal government spent millions on lobster tails, steak, alcohol, golf carts, and pianos in September 2018, according to a report (pdf) by OpenTheBooks.com.

Government agencies scramble to spend taxpayer money every September, lest Congress appropriate fewer funds the following year. In September last year, agencies spent $97 billion, an increase of 16 percent compared to the spending spree in fiscal year 2017, and a 39 percent increase from the same time in 2015.

The spending ballooned in the final week of the fiscal year, totaling $53 billion, more than the entire month of August. The government spent more than $10 billion per day on Sept. 27 and 28. Agencies spent 10 percent of all annual contract funds during the final week.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/feds-spend-millions-on-lobster-golf-carts-and-pianos-in-one-month-spending-spree_2834659.html

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
If only we could rid the government of all the pathetic parasitic pests. Then there might not be very many left. That might be a good thing.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Anyone who was in the military and worked with civil engineering saw this first hand. I was at Myrtle Beach Air Force Base. Towards the end of the summer we were always out planting palm trees and doing all kinds of stuff that would make the American public shriek. They called it base beautification. It was really a ploy to keep the funds coming.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
And just think:

There Will Be NO Justice

soon, there will be nothing

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
"Use it or lose it" policy has been around for decades and neither the left or right have lifted a finger to change it. It has support of the left and rhetoric against it from the right but nothing changes.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
What gets my blood in a boil is that the government services agency in my office building (1600 Stewart Avenue, Westbury, NY) pays to have reserved parking spots when there is more than enough spots in the parking lot.

Why do civil servants get reserved spots when taxpayers have to choose from the leftovers?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What gets my blood in a boil is that the government services agency in my office building (1600 Stewart Avenue, Westbury, NY) pays to have reserved parking spots when there is more than enough spots in the parking lot.

Why do civil servants get reserved spots when taxpayers have to choose from the leftovers?
IMO people go into politricks for selfish reasons and skimming our funds is a big one. We need to cut this beast down by many %.