• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

FerFal & Others On Preps, Survival & Other Related Topics

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Pittsburgh, Jewish Conspiracy, and the Call For Gun Control
ThePatriotNurse

Published on Oct 28, 2018

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Where Will You be During the Collapse?
Silver Fortune

Published on Oct 31, 2018
During the next crisis, will your decades worth of gains be wiped out?

Help support the Silver Fortune Channel through my sponsor, SD Bullion - 10 oz. Silver Bar at Spot! https://sdbullion.com/sf

Support Silver Fortune through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/silverfortune

Any content within this video or any other video by the Silver Fortune channel is merely one man's opinion, commentary, and analysis, or actual information obtained from elsewhere, and should not be constituted as legal, investment, or financial advice. Make your own financial decisions, or consult a professional if you'd prefer to go that route. The Silver Fortune channel disclaims any liability for legal, financial, or investment decisions made.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Special Guests, Back Country Preps and 4th Dimension Part 1
The Prepared Mind

Published on Oct 29, 2018
It was recently my honor to sit and shoot the shit with these two. Von from Back Country Preps and Caz from 4th Dimension joined me for a marathon discussion covering a range of SHTF topics and scenarios. This is Part 1 of 4.

Find these guys on YouTube:
Caz, 4th Dimension https://www.youtube.com/user/acaz51
Von, Back Country Preps https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvbq...

Come on over to Patreon. It's only $2/month and you get a daily video plus instant access to all the videos I've done since switching to Patreon almost a year ago!

https://www.patreon.com/ThePreparedMind

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Special Guests Back Country Preps and 4th Dimension Part 2
The Prepared Mind

Published on Oct 30, 2018
It was recently my honor to sit and shoot the shit with these two. Von from Back Country Preps and Caz from 4th Dimension joined me for a marathon discussion covering a range of SHTF topics and scenarios. This is Part 2 of 4.

Come on over to Patreon. It's only $2/month and you get a daily video plus instant access to all the videos I've done since switching to Patreon almost a year ago!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Special Guests Back Country Preps and 4th Dimension Part 3
The Prepared Mind

Published on Oct 31, 2018
It was recently my honor to sit and shoot the shit with these two. Von from Back Country Preps and Caz from 4th Dimension joined me for a marathon discussion covering a range of SHTF topics and scenarios. This is Part 3 of 4.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Special Guests Back Country Preps and 4th Dimension Part 4
The Prepared Mind

Published on Nov 1, 2018
It was recently my honor to sit and shoot the shit with these two. Von from Back Country Preps and Caz from 4th Dimension joined me for a marathon discussion covering a range of SHTF topics and scenarios. This is Part 3 of 4.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Special Announcement, Election Night LIVE
The Prepared Mind

Published on Nov 2, 2018
Tune in here on Tuesday November 6 at 6pm Pacific for a LIVE Election Night round-table. There will be a few people joining me including Caz from 4th Dimension, Von from Back Country Preps, plus a couple more top secret guests!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Economic Collapse Scenario
Silver Fortune

Published on Nov 2, 2018
Hope you enjoy!

Help support the Silver Fortune Channel through my sponsor, SD Bullion - 10 oz. Silver Bar at Spot! https://sdbullion.com/sf

Support Silver Fortune through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/silverfortune

Any content within this video or any other video by the Silver Fortune channel is merely one man's opinion, commentary, and analysis, or actual information obtained from elsewhere, and should not be constituted as legal, investment, or financial advice. Make your own financial decisions, or consult a professional if you'd prefer to go that route. The Silver Fortune channel disclaims any liability for legal, financial, or investment decisions made.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Are You Prepared For Lockdown? How To Stay Safe When All Hell Breaks Loose In America

by Tyler Durden
Tue, 11/06/2018 - 00:05

Authored by Daisy Luther via The Organic Prepper blog,

Tensions are incredibly high in the United States right now. I realized that over the past three years, I’ve written that they’re “at an all-time high” far too many times. So, I’ll just say, they’re high enough that all hell could break loose at any moment given the right (wrong) application of fuel to the flame. The number one thing you can do for this situation to keep your family safe is to be prepared for lockdown.

Pretending that it isn’t happening or hoping to hug it out is not a rational response to the chaos that is coming. I know that some cling to their misguided views on the way the world works with the ferocity of a mother bear protecting cubs, but for the rest of us, there’s this thing called reality. When we accept it, we can prepare for it.

People near the border are quite reasonably concerned that if thousands of immigrants push through our border illegally, they and their families could be at risk. People in other parts of the country are concerned about the aftermath of whatever happens when these people arrive at the border. Regardless of what occurs, somebody is going to be unhappy. Add in the fiercely-fought midterm elections and the threat of civil unrest is high.

Are you prepared for lockdown?
Which leads me to a very important subject. As the situation in the United States devolves, how prepared are you really? If you had to go into lockdown mode and keep your family safely at home, how long would you last with the supplies you have on hand? If the answer is “a few days” or “a couple of weeks” you need to work on that. Immediately.

By planning ahead, we can avoid the fear, panic, and confusion that leads people to rush to the store and clear the shelves like a horde of hungry locusts. We can stay away from the angry masses, the rioters who will use any excuse to steal, and the hungry people who are determined to feed their kids no matter who stands in their way.

Whether the next few weeks lead to pandemonium due to violent protests provoking some type of martial law, a prepared mindset, a defense plan, and a well-stocked home can help to keep you and your family out of harm’s way.

Keep in mind that the decision may not be entirely in your hands. In a martial law situation, it’s not unusual for the authorities to force people to stay in their homes. Remember in Boston when law enforcement was searching for the young man who, with his brother, was accused of setting off the bomb at the marathon? Residents were not allowed to leave their homes due to a “shelter in place directive.” The directive was presented as voluntary, but if you didn’t wish to have SWAT teams pointing guns in your face during this period of de facto martial law, staying home was the only option. Some people ran out of supplies the same day. Don’t be one of those people.

This isn’t the first time I’ve written about the potential need to lock down. It’s a viable response to a variety of crises. For example, had the Ebola cases on US shores turned into a pandemic, a lockdown period would have been the very best way to keep your family safe.

With situations of civil unrest, it isn’t as clear-cut. It depends on where you live. In a small town, far away from riots and protests, your lockdown area could be much greater than your own home. It could encompass your immediate community, too, and life might go on as it always has for you, aside from the need to stay just a little closer to home than before.

However, if you live in a city or suburb, it may become essential to make a decision quickly. Do you lock your doors and stay home? Or do you get out of Dodge? It is a question only you can answer. One thing that is very important is this: if you need to go, do NOT miss your window of opportunity to do so safely. If the entire city feels the same way, you’ll most likely be stuck in traffic and trapped in your car. Protesters have shut down the highways more than once in recent years, and you’ll be far safer behind the brick and mortar of your home than you will be in your car.

By the way, there’s always someone who chimes in with a snide remark about how cowardly it is to lockdown with your family in order to stay safe. If you want to go get involved in a battle to make a political point, that’s certainly your prerogative. However, my priority is the safety of my family, and as such, I hope to avoid engaging altogether.

First, get home.
If you happen to be away from home when violence erupts, your first task is safely navigating your way home. In a perfect world, we’d all be home, watching the chaos erupt on TV from the safety of our living rooms. However, reality says that some of us will be at work, at school, or in the car when unrest occurs. You need to develop a “get-home” plan for all of the members of your family, based on the most likely places that they will be.

• Devise an efficient route for picking up the kids from school, camp, or daycare. Be sure that anyone who might be picking up the children already has permission to do so.
  • Keep a get-home bag in the trunk of your car in case you have to set out on foot.
  • Stash some supplies in the bottom of your child’s backpack – water, a snack, any tools that might be useful, and a map. Be sure your children understand the importance of OPSEC.
  • Avoid major thoroughfares. If you need to go through the city, avoid the areas that are most likely to be the subject of unrest. Listen to the local news and traffic reports to help avoid the worst areas. Take the safest route, not the shortest route.
  • Find multiple routes home – map out alternative backroad ways to get home as well as directions if you must go home on foot.
  • Find hiding places along the way. If you work or go to school a substantial distance from your home, figure out some places to lay low now, before a crisis situation. Sometimes staying out of sight is the best way to stay safe.
  • Avoid groups of people. It seems that the mob mentality strikes when large groups of people get together. Often folks who would never ordinarily riot in the streets get swept up by the mass of people who are doing so.
  • Keep in mind that in many civil disorder situations the authorities are to be avoided every bit as diligently as the angry mobs of looters. Who can forget the scenes of innocent people being pepper sprayed by uniformed thugs in body armor just because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?
  • Know when to abandon the plan to get home. Sometimes, you just can’t get there. Going through a war zone is not worth it. Find a different place to shelter. Pay attention to your instincts.

Prepping for lockdown
Once everyone is safely home, you need to commit to your decision to lockdown. This could last a day, a week, or longer. There’s really no way to predict it. It’s most likely that you will have electrical power throughout this crisis, but you should be prepared just in case the grid goes down due to damage during riots or attempts by the authorities to gain control of the situation.

You should be set up with the following (at the minimum – hopefully you have these supplies and more):

• Water
  • Necessary prescription medications
  • A well-stocked pantry – you need at least a one-month supply of food for the entire family, including pets
  • An off grid cooking method like an outdoor burner, a barbecue, a fire pit, or a woodstove)
  • Or food that requires no cooking
  • A tactical quality first aid kit
  • Lighting in the event of a power outage
  • Sanitation supplies (in the event that the municipal water system is unusable, this would include cleaning supplies and toilet supplies)
  • A way to stay warm in harsh winter weather
  • Over-the-counter medications and/or herbal remedies to treat illnesses at home
  • A diverse survival guide, a very thorough preparedness book, and a first aid manual (hard copies in case the internet and power grid are down)
  • Alternative communications devices (such as a hand-crank radio) so that you can get updates about the outside world
  • Off-grid entertainment: arts and craft supplies, puzzles, games, books, crossword or word search puzzles, needlework, journals (here are some more ideas to keep the kids entertained.)

If you are completely unprepared for this type of thing, order some buckets of emergency food. Keep them in the back of your closet – they last for up to 25 years. This is absolutely the fastest way to create an emergency supply.

Try to stay under the radar.
Your best defense is avoiding the fight altogether. You want to stay under the radar and not draw attention to yourself. The extent to which you strive to do this should be based on the severity of the unrest in your area. Some of the following recommendations are not necessary for an everyday grid-down scenario, but could save your life in a more extreme civil unrest scenario.

• Keep all the doors and windows locked. Secure sliding doors with a metal bar. Consider installing decorative gridwork over a door with a large window so that it becomes difficult for someone to smash the glass and reach in to unlock the door.
  • Put dark plastic over the windows. (Heavy duty garbage bags work well.) If it’s safe to do so, go outside and check to see if any light escapes from the windows. If your home is the only one on the block that is well-lit, it is a beacon to others.
  • Keep pets indoors. Sometimes criminals use an animal in distress to get a homeowner to open the door for them. Sometimes people are just mean and hurt animals for “fun”. Either way, it’s safer for your furry friends to be inside with you.
  • Don’t answer the door. Many home invasions start with an innocent-seeming knock at the door to gain access to your house.
  • Keep cooking smells to a minimum. The goal here is not to draw attention. The meat on your grill will draw people like moths to a flame.
  • Keep the family together. It’s really best to hang out in one room. Make it a movie night, go into a darkened room at the back of the house, and stay together. This way, if someone does try to breach your door, you know where everyone is who is supposed to be there. As well, you don’t risk one of the kids unknowingly causing a vulnerability with a brightly lit room or an open window.
  • Remember that first responders may be tied up. If the disorder is widespread, don’t depend on a call to 911 to save you. You must be prepared to save yourself. Also keep in mind, as mentioned earlier in the article – the cops are not always your friends in these situations.

For more discussion or to get questions answered about securing your home, pop on over and join the discussions at our forum.

Be prepared to defend your family.
If, despite your best efforts, your property draws the attention of people with ill intent, you must be ready to defend your family. Sometimes despite our best intentions, the fight comes to us. (Have you seen the movie The Purge?)

Many preppers stockpile weapons and ammunition for just such an event. I know that I certainly do. Firearms are an equalizer. A small woman can defend herself from multiple large intruders with a firearmif she’s had some training and knows how to use it properly. But put a kitchen knife in her hand against those same intruders, and her odds decrease exponentially. I know this is true about the firearm, because I have been in this situation personally, and the gun in my hand was enough of a deterrent to make 3 men leave.

When the door of your home is breached, you can be pretty sure the people coming in are not there to make friendly conversation or borrow a cup of sugar. Make a plan to greet them with a deterring amount of force.

• Don’t rely on 911. If the disorder is widespread, don’t depend on a call to 911 to save you. You must be prepared to save yourself. First responders may be tied up, and in some cases, the cops are not always your friends. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, some officers joined in the crime sprees, and others stomped all over the 2nd Amendment and confiscated people’s legal firearms at a time when they needed them the most.
  • Be armed and keep your firearm on your person. When the door of your home is breached, you can be pretty sure the people coming in are not there to make friendly conversation over a nice cup of tea. Make a plan to greet them with a deterring amount of force. Be sure to keep your firearm on your person during this type of situation, because there won’t be time to go get it from your gunsafe. Don’t even go to the kitchen to get a snack without it. Home invasions go down in seconds, and you have to be constantly ready.
  • Know how to use your firearm. Whatever your choice of weapon, practice, practice, practice. A weapon you don’t know how to use is more dangerous than having no weapon at all. Here’s some advice from someone who knows a lot more about weapons than I do.
  • Make sure your children are familiar with the rules of gun safety. Of course, it should go without saying that you will have pre-emptively taught your children the rules of gun safety so that no horrifying accidents occur. In fact, it’s my fervent hope that any child old enough to do so has been taught to safely and effectively use a firearm themselves. Knowledge is safety.
  • Be ready for the potential of fire. Fire is a cowardly attack that doesn’t require any interaction on the part of the arsonist. It flushes out the family inside, leaving you vulnerable to physical assaults. Have fire extinguishers mounted throughout your home. You can buy them in 6 packs from Amazon. Be sure to test them frequently and maintain them properly. (Allstate has a page about fire extinguisher maintenance.) Have fire escape ladders that can be attached to a windowsill in all upper story rooms. Drill with them so that your kids know how to use them if necessary.
  • Have a safe room established for children or other vulnerable family members. If the worst happens and your home is breached, you need to have a room into which family members can escape. This room needs to have a heavy exterior door instead of a regular hollow core interior door. There should be communications devices in the room so that the person can call for help, as well as a reliable weapon to be used in the unlikely event that the safe room is breached. The family members should be instructed not to come out of that room FOR ANY REASON until you give them the all clear or help has arrived. You can learn more about building a safe room HERE. Focus the tips for creating a safe room in an apartment to put it together more quickly.

Even if your plan is to bug in, you must be ready to change that plan in the blink of an eye. Plan an escape route. If the odds are against you, if your house catches on fire, if thugs are kicking in your front door… devise a way to get your family to safety. Your property is not worth your life. Be wise enough to accept that the situation has changed and move rapidly to Plan B.

Stay home.
If trouble comes to your neighborhood and you decide to stick around, stay home.

It’s the number one way to keep yourself safer from during a civil unrest situation. If you find yourself in an area under siege, the odds will be further on your side for every interaction in which you avoid taking part. Every single time you leave the house, you increase your chances of an unpleasant encounter. Nothing will be accomplished by going out during a chaotic situation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...-stay-safe-when-all-hell-breaks-loose-america

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I'VE NEVER BEEN AS BEARISH AS I AM RIGHT NOW (ENCORE) | ROB KIRBY (OCT 9 2018)
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 4, 2018
This ENCORE presentation of one of our most popular recent videos (Recorded Oct 9 2018) is for the benefit of those of you who missed it & for our recent subscribers - Enjoy!
===========================================

Widely followed proprietary analyst & founder of KirbyAnalytics.com, Rob Kirby, returns to Reluctant Preppers to lay out the case why he is gravely concerned about extreme near-term risk in the equity & debt markets.

Kirby also fields a vault full of YOUR QUESTIONS submitted by our Reluctant Preppers viewers. So buckle up and hold on for a rapid-fire romp through the future of our financial and preparedness lives, from the perspective of this long-time examiner of the markets and the powers that drive them!

==================================
Get Silver at SPOT PRICE and Support ReluctantPreppers!
https://www.SDBullion.com/RP

Donate to Support ReluctantPreppers!
https://www.Patreon.com/ReluctantPrep...
or
https://www.paypal.me/ReluctantPreppers
==================

Subscribe (it's FREE!) to Reluctant Preppers for more ► http://bit.ly/Subscribe-Free

Channel graphics by http://JosiahJohnsonStudios.com
Promotion by http://FinanceAndLiberty.com

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Scenarios-Build Your Plan Now-SH TF
The Prepared Mind

Published on Nov 8, 2018
This an excerpt taken from the daily video on Patreon.com

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
4 Money Lessons You'll Never Learn In School | Mike from RethinkingTheDollar
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 8, 2018
How prepared are you REALLY for the theft of your life work through the inevitable erosion of your hard earned savings?

How about the sudden freeze-up of the ATMs, banking system, or a severe stock market crash that cancels your retirement?

Mike, from RethinkingTheDOllar.com returns to Reluctant Preppers to remind us some solid historical evidence and current economic realities that should open our eyes to some changes we need to make to be prepared for changes to come.

or
==================

Subscribe (it's FREE!) to Reluctant Preppers for more ► http://bit.ly/Subscribe-Free

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
How We Went From Sovereigns to Slaves | Dr Edwin Vieira PhD, JD
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 10, 2018
Step by calculated step, we the people of these United States of America, have been dispossessed of our constitutional rights and duties as the sovereign creators of this republic. Our authority has been stolen & usurped through a series of unconstitutional maneuvers. We scarcely even know our own true power any longer, but the time is upon us when we must be prepared to reclaim or liberty and sovereignty.

Constitutional scholar Dr. Edwin Vieira PhD, JD, returns to Reluctant Preppers in this 2nd episode to reveal what you're not being told about the 2nd Amendment, its true power, intent, and shocking scope and depth of your role in the future.

www.EdwinVieira.com

Watch Episode #1: https://youtu.be/JCCvd5DvR2U

IN THIS EPISODE #2:
-------------------
39:40 “The agencies could run the country, and the people would pay the taxes in order to fund this. And otherwise, they should just keep quiet, and not really participate in government at all.” … “The last thing you want to have is a large population of armed and trained people who see themselves as the real governors of the system.”

42:30 “And all of these things, if you add them up, they are all designed to take as many arms away from as many people in as many circumstances as possible, as quickly as possible. That’s the goal.”

DON'T MISS THIS MIND-OPENING EXPOSE!

or
==================

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
America after Grid Down: Collapse of Critical Infrastructure
Canadian Prepper

Published on Nov 11, 2018
Part two in a many part series on the collapse of critical infrastructure in the USA as identified by the DHS see part one here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVEz...

In this video the impacts of a grid down situation on the information technology, government, agriculture, telecomms and healthcare sector are explored.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY DON'T WANT YOUR DOLLARS ANY MORE? | Rob Kirby
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 13, 2018
Saudi Aramco and China just agreed to transact oil directly - only the latest in an accelerating drumbeat of major economic powers pivoting away from the woefully mismanaged US dollar. How will YOUR family’s domestic economy be impacted by the gradual (or sudden) fading of the dollar?

Rob Kirby, proprietary analyst of financial and precious metals markets, visits Reluctant Preppers to answer your viewer questions on the true fundamental risks we are facing, and what signals we need to recognize, so that we can be aware and prepared!

or
==================

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Weekly Wrap Up - Confidence in our System or SHTF ?
The Prepared Mind

Published on Nov 17, 2018

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
What Does it Mean to Get Prepared? | Dunagun Kaiser on RTD
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 17, 2018
Your Reluctant Preppers host Dunagun Kaiser swaps to the other side of the microphone to be interviewed as the guest for this recording of his live streaming call-in appearance with Mike on RethinkingTheDollar.com.

Kaiser answers Mike's and RTD call-in viewer's questions, including:
- How to cover the basics of disaster preparedness,
- Why he got involved in preparedness in the first place,
- What are we preparing for,
- How much preparedness is enough,
- When should we start taking steps,
- What it I don't have any money to spare for preparedness,
- Where do the experts he's interviewed agree that we are headed,
- and more!

or
==================

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal | Joel Salatin (ENCORE)
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 21, 2018
--- This Thanksgiving ENCORE interview was originally posted on May 10, 2015 ---

Self-sufficiency crusader Joel Salatin, co-founder of Polyface Farms and widely followed author and speaker on local food and permaculture, returns to Reluctant Preppers on the topic "Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal: War Stories from the Local Food Front."

IN THIS INTERVIEW:
- Keep it on the down-low, push the envelope, be creative about what you call things
- vermiculture
- back patio planter columns
- aquaponics
- edible landscaping
- Permaculture
- gutter your roof to a kiddie pool / cistern or fish pool
- rabbits are quiet, almost pet-quality
- can side-dress vegetables and plants with rabbit manure
- can raise worms
- feed worms to chicken
- use chicken manure to feed vegetables on patio
- completely integrate our lives
- If in an extremenly difficult suburban situation: barter with others who have land you can use for a share of your production
- You'll discover your tribe of like-minded people
- You'll meet some people who have significantly more land, more options for you to try
- You can change city hall
- Underground chicken railroad "City Chicks" book
- All ordinances banning backyard chickens: ownership vs. visiting chickens - organization brings chickens to visit you.
- expose the silliness for what it is
- One dog makes more noise and more hazardous manure than 11 chickens
- Restrictions come from elitist intellectual rejection of farm animals
- Civil disobedience
- Go on a donation basis, not a business - just a neighborhood friendship deal
- Carve out integrated living in a disconnected world
- True war stories from the Local Food Front (Polyface Farms' experience)
- How to build without re-zoning: - farm shed/shop/barn - treehouse: not entire structure needs to be supported by the tree - on a chassis (motor home) - anything that floats (like on a farm pond) - a "hunt camp"
- Open-Air Chicken processing not acceptable - law: if windows, need screens - interpretation was that you need walls, but walls not in the law. - Farm-to-Consumer legal defense fund: real-time 7x24 legal counsel: - Food freedom lovers must join: http://www.farmtoconsumer.org

or
==================

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Full Spectrum Live - EMP Protection and Dangerous Highway Travel During A Disaster
FullSpectrumSurvival

Streamed live 18 hours ago
Like what we do? Get our Monthly Survival Cards and help us post the information that you need to know! https://www.patreon.com/fullspectrums...
You Will Get :
* Waterproof Physical Survival Cards sent to you in the mail every single month!
* Exclusive Content
* and so much more!!!!

As always, we appreciate your views and comments, please subscribe and send us mail if you have any questions!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Whitehead: This Thanksgiving, Don't Just Give Thanks. Pay Your Blessings Forward

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 11/22/2018 - 18:00

Authored by John Whitehead via The Rutherford Institute,

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”—John F. Kennedy​
Listen: I know it’s been a hard, heart-wrenching, stomach-churning kind of year.

It’s been a year of hotheads and blowhards and killing sprees and bloodshed and takedowns.

It’s been a year in which tyranny took a few more steps forward and freedom got knocked down a few more notches.

It’s been a year with an abundance of bad news and a shortage of good news.

It’s been a year of too much hate and too little kindness.

It’s been a year in which politics and profit margins took precedence over decency, compassion and human-kindness.

We’ve been operating in this soul-sucking, topsy-turvy, inside-out, upside-down state for so long that it’s hard not to be overwhelmed by all that is wrong in the world in order to reflect and give thanks for what is good.

And now we find ourselves at this present moment, more than 200 years after George Washington issued the first Thanksgiving proclamation as a time to give thanks for a government whose purpose was to ensure the safety and happiness of its people and for a Constitution designed to safeguard civil and religious liberty.

But how do you give thanks for freedoms that are constantly being eroded?

How do you express gratitude for one’s safety when the perils posed by the American police state grow more treacherous by the day?

How do you come together as a nation in thanksgiving when the powers-that-be continue to polarize and divide us into warring factions?

Washington didn’t intend Thanksgiving to be a day for offering up glib platitudes that require no thought, no effort and no sacrifice. He wanted it to be a day of contemplation, in which we frankly assessed our shortcomings, acknowledged our wrongdoings, and resolved to be a better, more peaceable nation in the year to come.

Here’s what I know: this Thanksgiving finds us saddled with a government that is a far cry from Washington’s vision of a government that is:

• governed by wise, just and constitutional laws
  • faithfully executed and obeyed by its agents
  • assisting foreign nations with good government, peace, and concord
  • promoting true religion, virtue and science
  • and enabling temporal prosperity.

Rather, with every passing day, the U.S. government more closely resembles an evil empire, governed by laws that are rash, unjust and unconstitutional; policed by government agents who are corrupt, hypocritical and abusive; a menace to its own people; and the antithesis of everything Washington hoped the government would be—a blessing to all the people.

Here’s a prime example of how out of whack things have become: just recently, government officials in Kansas City confiscated large quantities of food being served to homeless people and soaked them in bleach, rendering them inedible.

Why would the government poison food intended for the homeless?

According to city health officials, the soup kitchen providing the free food didn’t have sufficient permits to prepare and serve food, even if that food was being handed out for free.

The government’s rationale: it’s better to allow the homeless to starve than risk them getting sick from a food-borne illness since many have no health insurance.

There are people in this country who are homeless, hungry and in need of any small act of kindness, so why is the government placing bureaucratic roadblocks in the path of those who want to help?

I’m sorry, but this isn’t just misguided government officials run amok.

This is evil disguised as bureaucracy.

This is what Hannah Arendt referred to as the banality of evil.

Evil has a broad spectrum, and poisoning food for the homeless is by no means as monstrous as killing innocent people, but still… evil is evil.

This is what happens when the government is run by bureaucrats who unquestioningly carry out orders that are immoral, inhumane and evil; obey immoral instructions unthinkingly; march in lockstep with tyrants; mindlessly perpetuate acts of terror and inhumanity; and justify it all as just “doing one’s job.”

To that list, let me add one more: a populace that remains silent in the face of wrongdoing.

This is how evil prevails: when good men and women do nothing.

By doing nothing, by remaining silent, by being bystanders to injustice, hate and wrongdoing, good people become as guilty as the perpetrator.

There’s a term for this phenomenon where people stand by, watch and do nothing—even when there is no risk to their safety—while some horrific act takes place (someone is mugged or raped or bullied or left to die): it’s called the bystander effect.

It works the same whether you’re talking about kids watching bullies torment a fellow student on a playground, bystanders watching someone dying on a sidewalk, or citizens remaining silent in the face of government atrocities.

The stories are legion.

For example, there was the 15-year-old girl who was gang raped in a schoolyard during a homecoming dance. As many as 20 people witnessed the assault over the course of two and a half hours. No one intervened to stop it.

A 28-year-old woman was stabbed, raped and murdered outside her apartment early in the morning. Thirty-eight bystanders witnessed the attack and failed to intervene. The woman died from her wounds at the locked doorway to her apartment building.

A 58-year-old man waded into chest-deep water in the San Francisco Bay in an apparent suicide attempt. For an hour, Raymond Zack stood in the shallow water while 75 onlookers watched. Police and firefighters were called in but failed to intervene, citing budget cuts, a lack of training in water rescue, fear for their safety and a lack of proper equipment. The man eventually passed out and later died of hypothermia. Eventually, an onlooker volunteered to bring the body back to the beach.

A homeless man intervened to save a woman from a knife-wielding attacker. He saved the woman but was stabbed repeatedly in the process. As The Guardian reports, “For more than an hour he lay dying in a pool of his own blood as dozens walked by. Some paused to stare, others leaned in close. One even shook his body and then left, while someone else recorded a video of the entire proceeding.”

We need to stop being silent bystanders.

So what can you do about this bystander effect?

Be a hero, suggests psychologist Philip Zimbardo.

Each of us has an inner hero we can draw upon in an emergency,” Zimbardo concluded. “If you think there is even a possibility that someone needs help, act on it. You may save a life. You are the modern version of the Good Samaritan that makes the world a better place for all of us.”

Zimbardo is the psychologist who carried out the Stanford Prison Experiment which studied the impact of perceived power and authority on middleclass students who were assigned to act as prisoners and prison guards. The experiment revealed that power does indeed corrupt (the appointed guards became increasingly abusive), and those who were relegated to being prisoners acted increasingly “submissive and depersonalized, taking the abuse and saying little in protest.”

What is the antidote to group think and the bystander effect?

Be an individual. Listen to your inner voice. Take responsibility.

“If you find yourself in an ambiguous situation, resist the urge to look to others and go with your gut instinct,” advises Melissa Burkley in Psychology Today. “If you think there is even a possibility that someone is in need, act on it. At worst, you will embarrass yourself for a few minutes, but at best, you will save a life.”

“Even if people recognize that they are witnessing a crime, they may still fail to intervene if they do not take personal responsibility for helping the victim,” writes Burkley. “The problem is that the more bystanders there are, the less responsible each individual feels.”

In other words, recognize injustice.

Don’t turn away from suffering.

Refuse to remain silent. Take a stand. Speak up. Speak out.

This is what Zimbardo refers to as “the power of one.”

All it takes is one person breaking away from the fold to change the dynamics of a situation. “Once any one helps, then in seconds others will join in because a new social norm emerges: Do Something Helpful.”

The Good Samaritans of this world don’t always get recognized, but they’re doing their part to push back against the darkness.

For instance, a few years ago in Florida, a family of six—four adults and two young boys—were swept out to sea by a powerful rip current in Panama City Beach. There was no lifeguard on duty. The police were standing by, waiting for a rescue boat. And the few people who had tried to help ended up stranded, as well.

Those on shore grouped together and formed a human chain. What started with five volunteers grew to 15, then 80 people, some of whom couldn’t swim.

One by one, they linked hands and stretched as far as their chain would go. The strongest of the volunteers swam out beyond the chain and began passing the stranded victims of the rip current down the chain.

One by one, they rescued those in trouble and pulled each other in.

There’s a moral here for what needs to happen in this country if we only can band together and prevail against the riptides that threaten to overwhelm us.

So here’s what I suggest.

Instead of just giving thanks this holiday season with words that are too soon forgotten, why not put your gratitude into action with deeds that spread a little kindness, lighten someone’s burden, and brighten some dark corner?

Pay your blessings forward in whatever way makes sense to you.

This is something that everyone can do no matter how tight our budgets or how crowded our schedules.

Engage in acts of kindness. Smile more. Fight less. Build bridges. Refuse to toxic politics define your relationships. Focus on the things that unite instead of that which divides. Be a hero, whether or not anyone ever notices.

Do your part to push back against the meanness of our culture with conscious compassion and humanity. Moods are contagious, the good and the bad. They can be passed from person to person. So can the actions associated with those moods, the good and the bad.

Even holding the door for someone or giving up your seat on a crowded train are acts of benevolence that, magnified by other such acts, can spark a movement.

Volunteer at a soup kitchen or donate to a charity that does good work. Take part in local food drives. Take a meal to a needy family. “Adopt” an elderly person at a nursing home. Support the creation of local homeless shelters in your community. Urge your churches, synagogues and mosques to act as rotating thermal shelters for the homeless during the cold winter months.

In other words, help those in need.

I know that fixing what’s wrong with this country is not going to happen overnight.

As I make clear in my book Battlefield America: The War on the American People, there may not be much we can do to avoid the dismal reality of the police state in the long term—not so long as the powers-that-be continue to call the shots and allow profit margins to take precedence over the needs of people—but in the short term, there are things we can all do right now to make this world (or at least our small corners of it) a little bit kinder, a lot less hostile and more just.

On a larger scale, we need to stop being silent bystanders to our nation’s downfall.

Historically, this bystander syndrome in which people remain silent and disengaged—mere onlookers—in the face of abject horrors and injustice has resulted in whole populations being conditioned to tolerate unspoken cruelty toward their fellow human beings: the crucifixion and slaughter of innocents by the Romans, the torture of the Inquisition, the atrocities of the Nazis, the butchery of the Fascists, the bloodshed by the Communists, and the cold-blooded war machines run by the military industrial complex.

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation,” stated Holocaust Elie Wiesel in his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech in 1986. “We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Wherever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must – at that moment – become the center of the universe.”

It’s never too late to start making things right in the world.

So this year, don’t just give thanks at Thanksgiving.

Pay your blessings forward.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...t-just-give-thanks-pay-your-blessings-forward

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
No Civilization Has Outlived its Food Supply | Joel Salatin (ENCORE)
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 23, 2018
--- This Thanksgiving ENCORE interview was originally posted on Jun 5, 2017 ---

What's even more critical to your survival in a stressful crisis than your stockpile of emergency food, and more portable than your go-bag? Renowned author, speaker, activist and co-founder of PolyFace Farms, Joel Salatin, returns to alert us to the most vital and prudent preparation we can make, which not only improves our chances of weathering a downturn, but actually bolsters our intrinsic readiness for and resilience to adversity, and can even add years of healthy abundant life to the time we have with our family and loved ones!

Risks inherent in the long modern food supply chain:
————
Pathogens & Toxins you have no idea about in the growing fields,
Dependencies: any one failure can leave you hungry:
Maritime Marine & longshoremen,
Risks of tainting in long-term warehouse storage, food/toxins stored together,
Trucking across Country, Foreign Fuel, Passable roads
Employment, cash registers, finance all needs to be working.
Crisis of Just-In-Time: US Cities today only have 3 days food supply on hand, mostly in supermarkets
Traditionally for millennia, the food was distributed in people’s homes.
Hubris and extreme pride in ourselves and our complex system, subjects us to a state of unprecedented vulnerability.

Local food to the rescue!
—————
In a supermarket, ask yourself, “What could be grown here?”
Know your Farmer, Know your Food.
Build relationships now with local food producers, so if things go south, you can keep your calm rather than stampeding with the public herd into the grocery store.
Native American & traditional model brings a sense of abundance and provisions, bounty hanging from your rafters, satiates the mind and spirit, to lie down peacefully among your own storehouse.

Health and Wellness:
—————
Wellness doesn’t come from the clinic
Supermarket eggs 40ug folic acid vs. 1000+ for homegrown.
Grass finished beef, healthy fats,
Nutrient profile of non-industrial foods is profoundly better
A stressed situation demands potent essential nutrition
Fighting infections & distress: reveal the critical need for immune support
Maintain your body’s fuel & nutritional level at a high plane of efficacy & functionality.
Ultimate internal preparedness includes your resilience and optimal nutrition.

Doing for yourself what you can do!
—————
Even if you have a postage-stamp yard, you can raise a tremendous amount of your own food.
You can protect a garden with a cover in winter.
Grow your-own and locally-grown is practical, do-able, and supports you at storing up health!

or
==================

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
How to Rise & Reclaim our Freedom | Dr Edwin Vieira PhD JD
Reluctant Preppers

Published on Nov 30, 2018
Did you know your proper role and authority as a citizen goes WAY beyond merely voting and paying your taxes?

Through a calculated progression of unconstitutional and illegal maneuvers, we the people have been sidelined. We’ve been forced out of our constitutional role as a key check and balance against abuse of power in our land. Is it still possible for ordinary people to shed our shackles and step up to reclaim our rightful place in protecting our individual and shared freedoms?

Constitutional legal scholar, lecturer, and author of “Constitutional ‘Homeland Security’,” Dr Edwin Vieira PhD JD, awakens us with his penetrating thought and invigorating call to action. In this third interview with Reluctant Preppers, Dr Vieira moves beyond our past trajectory to lay out the practical steps capable of reclaiming the true freedom of our people and restore the integrity of our nation.

Don’t miss this empowering message you won’t be hearing from official government or corporate media sources!

or
==================