• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad gas has a shelf life limit.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
people are starting to honk their horns behind me because I won't rev or 2k rpm, accelerating much slower.

every honked horn makes the devil smile!

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Honk Honk right back at them.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
rbob pricing right now will push most states over 4 dollars, and some over 5 dollars. the difference is the amount/layers of local taxation

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
South,
Fully expecting $8+ for non ethanol by May, which for me running 40+ gallons a month stinks. It is however easy to work a plan to contain and work around. It's the cumulative effect of everything else that is the real issue. We have overall inflation pegged at 15% for the year, we might have undershot by a lot....

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
people are starting to honk their horns behind me because I won't rev or 2k rpm, accelerating much slower.

every honked horn makes the devil smile!

I miss the days of driving a manual transmission. Whenever a punk ass kid would ride close behind me, I would do a sudden downshift. It was always fun to see the "oh shit" look in their face through the rearview mirror. Now I just slow down even more. Good times for all!

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i've advocated for holding UGA - a fund that tracks the price of rbob. this hedges out what the communists do to gasoline

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I miss the days of driving a manual transmission. Whenever a punk ass kid would ride close behind me, I would do a sudden downshift. It was always fun to see the "oh shit" look in their face through the rearview mirror. Now I just slow down even more. Good times for all!
you can do the same thing by pumping the brake lights at them. That works for me pretty much every time. Often times you can actually hear their tires screech when they over react

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
East Tn yesterday. $3.29-$3.69 reg unleaded. Let's go Brandon.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
$3.49/gal was the cheapest locally yesterday ....I saw $3.83 at one place that's typically insanely high

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
This morning
Gas $3.99
Diesel $4.99

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

FADEAWAY

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
its hard to remember those days of gas wars when you could get gas for 29 cents a gallon :-).. as Tim Mcgraws songs says I Miss Back When

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
you can do the same thing by pumping the brake lights at them. That works for me pretty much every time. Often times you can actually hear their tires screech when they over react

I have done that as well, but realized the little thugs get all butthurt. Had one of Obama's kids roll down their tinted windows and I thought I was going to get sprayed. Being more subtle has a way of being just as gratifying.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I do that on occasion. I have a real issue with tailgaters. I have a very colorful driving history and part of that includes being rear ended 5 times. Two of those wrecks were high speed and one darn near killed me. When someone tailgates me I consider it a personal assault. I didn't carry a gun in my car until about 10 years ago because I was fairly sure I would shoot tailgaters. :hunt:Now that I am all mature I just slow down till they pass or even pull over.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I have done that as well, but realized the little thugs get all butthurt. Had one of Obama's kids roll down their tinted windows and I thought I was going to get sprayed. Being more subtle has a way of being just as gratifying.
That's why I carry a Beretta in the truck at ALL times! Honestly though, we don't get too many of Obama's sons in these parts...not yet anyway.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I had this car, you see, with some special wiring. I had dashboard switches that turned off the brake lights, tail lights and turn signal lights all individually. If you do it at night, you can really mess up the guy's mind of the car behind you. I would "tap" the brake light switch, accelerate, then turn off the tail lights. By the time he recovers, I'm long gone. I had some small additional lights on the rear panel so if I switched them on my tail light pattern looked different.

stoli

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I drive to work about 10 over the speed limit on a rural road. It's funny how people will ride my ass especially if I I'm driving my 67 . They must think, that old fucker driving that truck should been in a nursing home instead of getting in my way going to work.
So I just let off the gas and don't touch my brakes and proceed at the posted speed limit and really piss them off.
Then i hit the pedal or twist the throttle and get up to about 20 over the posted speed through the S turns and watch in the rear view as they drift way behind trying to handle the sharp turns and play with they makeup and cell phones while this old buzzard takes them to school in the corners .
Makes me smile

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
rbob pricing right now will push most states over 4 dollars, and some over 5 dollars. the difference is the amount/layers of local taxation
A lot of re-election seeking politicians are making noises to have a gas tax holiday. Little do they know that once they suspend the gas tax they'll end their political careers trying to put it back. Many gas taxes crept up by a cent at a time. No one will allow a 50 cent tax to be reimposed once they are used to it being gone.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
A lot of re-election seeking politicians are making noises to have a gas tax holiday.
I laugh at their lies! We have a better chance of seeing God than the current government giving us any tax breaks. There's nothing lower or more untrustworthy than a professional politician.

No one will allow a 50 cent tax to be reimposed once they are used to it being gone.

I suspect that concept is similar when applied to a stolen government. I doubt they'll give us our country back either, now that they've stolen it!

Last edited:

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
$4.29 for regular $4.69 diesel

We found an independent station $3.89 regular $4.29 diesel

I do store regular unleaded gas for 3 years with stabile gas treatment or PRI-G for 5 years and have never had any problem with our three Toyotas.

SC

Last edited:

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I topped off after work at $3.50 non-ethanol gas. I would recommend PRI-G additive, for anyone wanting to lengthen their gas life shelf.

Talked to a guy, whose son owns a grocery store. Son places an order. He receives less than half he orders. That grocery store shelving sometimes looks sparce. Was in another grocery store (chain) this week. $12 for a large container of peanut butter. $20 for laundry detergent. Over $7 for a large box of Cherios. Inflation is going to get worse.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad gas has a shelf life limit.
I just bought (4) 5 gal military surplus gas cans and something called "StarTron Enzyme Fuel Treatment"
I have no idea how much the treatment will, if at all, extend the shelf life of the gasoline.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I just bought (4) 5 gal military surplus gas cans and something called "StarTron Enzyme Fuel Treatment"
I have no idea how much the treatment will, if at all, extend the shelf life of the gasoline.
One way to find out!

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Ive stored rec90 with stabilizer for over 3 years in the florida heat and it ran fine in my cars and yard tools. It has no ethanol in it.
Use staybil lasts for years even in ethanol

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It's good for at least 6 months out of the pump. Treated at least a year. It wil work after that but might gum up an engine some. The older it is the more it would gum. But will run. AN emergency is an emergency.

Fatboy

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I topped off after work at $3.50 non-ethanol gas. I would recommend PRI-G additive, for anyone wanting to lengthen their gas life shelf.

Talked to a guy, whose son owns a grocery store. Son places an order. He receives less than half he orders. That grocery store shelving sometimes looks sparce. Was in another grocery store (chain) this week. $12 for a large container of peanut butter. $20 for laundry detergent. Over $7 for a large box of Cherios. Inflation is going to get worse.
From what I have read over the years, the PRI products are among the best.

Fatboy

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had this car, you see, with some special wiring. I had dashboard switches that turned off the brake lights, tail lights and turn signal lights all individually. If you do it at night, you can really mess up the guy's mind of the car behind you. I would "tap" the brake light switch, accelerate, then turn off the tail lights. By the time he recovers, I'm long gone. I had some small additional lights on the rear panel so if I switched them on my tail light pattern looked different.
My first new car was a 78 Trans Am (no screaming chicken on the hood for me) that I paid $7800 for out the door. I did as you said albeit not quite as fancy and ran a wire from the trunk where the taillights were grounded to the dash where I had a switch that I could make or break the ground, thus turning on or off all the lights in the back of the car. Now a days, with all the "smarts" that are built into vehicles, the car would most likely turn it's self off if you hit the switch!

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My first new car was a 78 Trans Am (no screaming chicken on the hood for me) that I paid $7800 for out the door. I did as you said albeit not quite as fancy and ran a wire from the trunk where the taillights were grounded to the dash where I had a switch that I could make or break the ground, thus turning on or off all the lights in the back of the car. Now a days, with all the "smarts" that are built into vehicles, the car would most likely turn it's self off if you hit the switch!
On the 350z some people changed out taillight bulbs for aftermarket leds (nasty china shit) and found out it had a noticeable effect on engine performance. CAN bus issues or something.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
$4.27 for regular and $4.79 for diesel last night here in southern Oregon.

This is starting to get stupid and I fear it will only get worse.