• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Filled up the first time with over $5.00 gas. Actually $5.09 a gallon (non-ethanol) gasoline. I am going to keep the reciepts for over $5.00 gas fills. When someone is touting the Democrats, I can show what they did!

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Filled up the first time with over $5.00 gas. Actually $5.09 a gallon (non-ethanol) gasoline. I am going to keep the reciepts for over $5.00 gas fills. When someone is touting the Democrats, I can show what they did!
You got a bargain.

Booze-free is $5.35 here. And that's depressing, since pure gas has always been available, and relatively-cheaply, here.

Fatboy

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I paid $5.99 a couple weeks ago for nonethanol gas for the chain saws. We dipped $.15 a gallon back then because NYS dropped it's gas road tax. They are still making bank on the sales tax because that is 8% on $5 instead of $2-$3 a gallon where it was before Byden.

EO 11110

(globohomo) reproduction plan
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
rbob futures are showing a 30ish cent drop in pump price incoming

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Filling both cars up today, saturdays in June Sams club gives 10% points , also 7-11 has deal when you join their rewards on the gas pump you get 11cents a gallon discount for first couple fill ups

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Visited with an over the road truck driver today. He said, that when he fills the fuel on the semi he drives, the pump shuts down at $1,000 of purchase!
Ouch!

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
FJB

gas went up $.50 cents today. $4.84 unleaded. $5.58 diesel

southeastern Colorado high plains

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
$4.99 here, for two days, now.

Montana's prices have been on the low side of the middle. So I expect $5 is the new Cheap.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I wish I believed it mattered.

You've got automaton NPCs who get wound up to spit and scream Ray-Cyst. They don't know or understand economic factors.

They just know to hate the station who charges $5 a gallon, because the beauties on The View tell them, it's "not fair." And somehow, someone named Pew Ton, is doing this.

You're not going to reason with them. Not between now and the collapse.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1655142627660.png

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I now think I know what it was like to be a Roman Citizen in the last days of the Roman Empire! (psst, I smell smoke)

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I now think I know what it was like to be a Roman Citizen in the last days of the Roman Empire! (psst, I smell smoke)
Its not like we haven't seen all the warning signs.

I'm happy that I was paying attention and had the support of my young wife. I'd rather be an ant then a grasshopper when the music stops!

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I’ve been hearing rumors of DEF and motor oil shortages to come, I’ve stock piled these on my truck already. Vehicles don’t only need fuel to work.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been hearing rumors of DEF and motor oil shortages to come, I’ve stock piled these on my truck already. Vehicles don’t only need fuel to work.
While you've been stocking up, have you noticed any decrease in amounts of it that are available?

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
No

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Neighbor ran out of hydraulic fluid and I gave him several gallons to use. He paid me back with 2 1/2 gallons jugs of premium hydraulic fluid. The price sticker on those jugs was $52.00 a jug! I am used to buying that brand for $32.00 a jug. Last year, I stocked up on hydraulic fluid for my tractor. Glad I did, before the price went up.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Neighbor ran out of hydraulic fluid and I gave him several gallons to use. He paid me back with 2 1/2 gallons jugs of premium hydraulic fluid. The price sticker on those jugs was $52.00 a jug! I am used to buying that brand for $32.00 a jug. Last year, I stocked up on hydraulic fluid for my tractor. Glad I did, before the price went up.
If you've got leaky hydraulics, now would probably be a good time to get on top of that.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If you've got leaky hydraulics, now would probably be a good time to get on top of that.
Hydraulic hose blew on his skidsteer. That is why he lost hydraulic fluid.

Once in awhile, an hydraulic hose blows on the loader, rotary mower, etc. that I use. At least I know that, wherever the hydraulic fluid sprays on, that area will not rust! :belly laugh:

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Not sure what brand you guys use but he overpaid IMHO

John Deere Hy-Gard is a premium hydraulic fluid which normally comes with a premium price

I just picked up 4 gallons for my 1025r (you guys got me sceered now)

Last edited:

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not sure what brand you guys use but he overpaid IMHO

John Deere Hy-Gard is a premium hydraulic fluid which normally comes with a premium price

I just picked up 4 gallons for my 1025r (you guys got me sceered now)
Just to clarify: When I mean 2 1/2 gallon jug, I am referring to a 2.5 gallon jug. So that would be $20.80 a gallon.

Those 5 gallon pails of John Deere hydraulic fluid (Hy-gard), was $77.00 each last fall. They are now $95.00 each.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
A 55 gallon barrel of hydraulic fluid is about 750 frn.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Topped off truck as I was passing Costco anyway. 12 gallons at 4.55 - 4% discount, so $52.42 total.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A 55 gallon barrel of hydraulic fluid is about 750 frn.
Not a bad price, if you use that much. I change my hydraulic filter and fluid, every so many years. That is why I purchase in 5 gallon pails.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
On a related note, I prebought 800 gallons of propane for the upcoming heating season. Price was $1.99 a gallon. In the 25 years or so of prebuying propane, that is the most I have ever paid per prebought gallon. Still have 800 gallons of 99 cent propane from 2 years ago (pre-Biden).

I will be putting plastic on the windows this fall!

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I’ve heard the DEF can crystallize when it gets old and cause major issues. So I’d be sure to rotate it out (pour jugs into your tank and refill them from the pump ea mo)….

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
$5 in NW Ohio area. Brotehr drives Dump Truck. many places limiting then to $100 purchase no matter the price. He went to 3 places to get full.
Semi's driving our country roads to cut down on mileage. Roads not designed for that. Will destroy roads in short order.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
$5 in NW Ohio area. Brotehr drives Dump Truck. many places limiting then to $100 purchase no matter the price. He went to 3 places to get full.
Semi's driving our country roads to cut down on mileage. Roads not designed for that. Will destroy roads in short order.
While they poison steers and burn chicken coops, they're destroying the transportation system.

They are DESPERATE. And insane...

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
While they poison steers and burn chicken coops, they're destroying the transportation system.

Yeah, I noticed that too Casey

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I’ve heard the DEF can crystallize when it gets old and cause major issues. So I’d be sure to rotate it out (pour jugs into your tank and refill them from the pump ea mo)….

I think it has to hit air to do that.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Gas prices have a profound psychological effect on the NPC's. Riding around the popular resort area my cabin's in, I see many many cabins and cottages that haven't had their lawns mowed. That means quite a few folks are not coming up north like they usually do. The reason I say NPC's is I'm sure many of these folks think nothing of dropping $40 at a drive through 4-5 times a week and paying $100+ a month on entertainment like their smart-tethers and pay teevee.

The reason this makes me nervous is the globalists running the occupation regime obviously have zero worries about the mid term elections. The next steal must be a done deal in their eyes. They will usually put a spit shine on their destruction before an election and they're not even bothering to do that now. Pretty damn alarming.

If there is anybody on our side it would be nice for them to make an appearance. But I ain't holding my breath.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Abandoned summer cottages.

I can't say I'm surprised; but it's sad to see it happen.

Again...I feel sorry for myself, put in my situation with a nice bit of change in recreational equipment I can't really use now...but it could have been so much worse.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Abandoned summer cottages.
By the looks of them most had visitors early in the season and they were mowed a couple times, but not in the past month or so. Climate in that area has cool wet rainy springs that make the jungle grow like a mother, then transition into a hot dry summer. By mid June I only have to mow once every 2 then by July 3 weeks. Going by my own chores I can tell how long a cabin's been left sitting.

EDIT: Abandoned cabins don't do well here. Bugs and rodents take them over quickly and when the Florida weather misery hits in August the humidity just destroys them. I've seen cabins and trailer camps with condensation running down the inside of the windows.

Last edited:

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Brother reports $5.50/gal reg unleaded in Scottsdale.

He drives 45 min one way to work every day and spends over $100 per week on gas.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Proof of this is they are totally fucking over the insane 20-25% that would typically support them.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Brother reports $5.50/gal reg unleaded in Scottsdale.

He drives 45 min one way to work every day and spends over $100 per week on gas.
Reg here dropped to $4.99 from $5.19. Rec 90 is $6.39

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
By the looks of them most had visitors early in the season and they were mowed a couple times, but not in the past month or so. Climate in that area has cool wet rainy springs that make the jungle grow like a mother, then transition into a hot dry summer. By mid June I only have to mow once every 2 then by July 3 weeks. Going by my own chores I can tell how long a cabin's been left sitting.

If you have hot dry summers where you're at....long grass, dried and brown, is a REAL fire hazard.

I hope you're making plans. A fire break - either as it exists, or the ability to make one fast with a dozer or large rototiller. Lots of water, that can be drawn on even when the power poles burn and fall. And of course your bug-out bag.