• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
REC 90 - what, ten-percent corruption?

That was what was sold here as just-plain regular until a few weeks ago.

Jay-sus.
Non ethanol fuel, 90 octane.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I usually have to fill up 1x a week. The last three fill-ups (three different stations), the pumps have all slowed down and stopped on exact dollar amounts as if I prepaid. $75.00, $80.00 and $80.00. Now granted that gets me 95% full so not worried in short term, but 100% convinced this is a rationing tool. Guy at pump next to me this AM said the same thing has been happening to him recently.....i inquired inside the stations and they just throw their hands up and shrug.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Gas prices have a profound psychological effect on the NPC's. Riding around the popular resort area my cabin's in, I see many many cabins and cottages that haven't had their lawns mowed. That means quite a few folks are not coming up north like they usually do. The reason I say NPC's is I'm sure many of these folks think nothing of dropping $40 at a drive through 4-5 times a week and paying $100+ a month on entertainment like their smart-tethers and pay teevee.

The reason this makes me nervous is the globalists running the occupation regime obviously have zero worries about the mid term elections. The next steal must be a done deal in their eyes. They will usually put a spit shine on their destruction before an election and they're not even bothering to do that now. Pretty damn alarming.

If there is anybody on our side it would be nice for them to make an appearance. But I ain't holding my breath.

I know that my brother's family is dealing with a Wisconsin lake cabin. They had been using if for a long time. Her dad had been making the 2-hour trip to maintain things like the lawn. However, her grandma passed away and they have to decide what to do with it. Resort/second homes are gonna be the first to get sold and I think they will sell, so I told them to hurry it up. Otherwise to keep it they have to buyout two other siblings.

But year, gas prices are only going up for the near future. They have to go all-in to get people into their great reshit. I told the wife to let our lawn grow a bit more with $5 / gallon gas.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Still 4.69 here for 87, though I did see 4.92 in a neighboring town.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Wednesday morning in my little town. One way to beat the higher gas prices.

my little town (2).jpg

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
East Tn, $4.49.9 Reg Unleaded 90%, Diesel $5.49+ most places.
Aldi Toilet Paper 12 Pk $6.39 two months ago, $8.39 today...FRN's really holding value...

Last edited:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
just got back from town, gas -87 octane- actually went down to 4.54, from 4.69, in the last day or two (dunno when exactly, dont go to town everyday).

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
87 octane holding steady at $5.39 in southern Oregon.

Anyone notice the price of Motor oil has gone thru the roof in the last couple of weeks. Went into town to buy Delo SAE 30 for an oil change and holy cow- $20 a gallon. Then I looked online and wow. Prices are going crazy.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
87 octane holding steady at $5.39 in southern Oregon.

Anyone notice the price of Motor oil has gone thru the roof in the last couple of weeks. Went into town to buy Delo SAE 30 for an oil change and holy cow- $20 a gallon. Then I looked online and wow. Prices are going crazy.
Yeah I change my own oil too.

Fatboy

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aldi Toilet Paper 12 Pk $6.39 two months ago, $8.39 today...FRN's really holding value...

Member's Mark Ultra Premium Soft and Strong Bath Tissue, 2-Ply Large Roll Toilet Paper (235 sheets, 45 rolls)​

by Member's Mark|
Item # 980022770
Model # 10000738|
4.9 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 4.9 of 5. Read 66490 Reviews Same page link.

Member's Mark Ultra Premium Soft and Strong Bath Tissue, 2-Ply Large Roll Toilet Paper (235 sheets, 45 rolls)

Why we love this​

"This is the best toilet paper ever made. It’s so affordable and feels so much better and softer than the expensive brands. I honestly don’t know why you’d buy Charmin - this stuff is better!" Kaykay11187, Sam's Club Member

Highlights​

• Superior softness with the strength you need
  • Use fewer sheets to achieve a complete cleansing
  • 235 sheets per roll plus 45 large rolls = 1,254 sq. ft. total
  • 2-ply sheets produce less lint and are tested septic safe
  • More sheets per roll than other leading brands
Sam's Exclusive

CURRENT PRICE: $21.78 $21.78 $0.48/ea

This had been $19.99 for quite a while. The worst part (for those that need it) it's reportedly "Out Of Stock" in the store. For those that have not tried this, I had used the blue label Charmin for all of my adult life till I tried this and really liked it better. It is also quite a bit less expensive than the offering from Costco which I also found to be better than Charmin. I have Charmin stacked away from when TN Andy was posting his custom made TP boxes. When I pull out one of them, the size difference is noticeable between old and new sheets. Both Sam's and Costco's sheets are larger and thicker than Charmin is now. The Sam's offering being my favorite.

ETA... Going to Aldi is like going to the fish market, a lot of their products are tied to the market's current pricing. They seem to vary by the week on some items. I doubt the price of the TP will come back down.....

TLM

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I know that my brother's family is dealing with a Wisconsin lake cabin. They had been using if for a long time. Her dad had been making the 2-hour trip to maintain things like the lawn. However, her grandma passed away and they have to decide what to do with it. Resort/second homes are gonna be the first to get sold and I think they will sell, so I told them to hurry it up. Otherwise to keep it they have to buyout two other siblings.

But year, gas prices are only going up for the near future. They have to go all-in to get people into their great reshit. I told the wife to let our lawn grow a bit more with $5 / gallon gas.
I have an old reel mower in the shed, I' been thinking about getting that sucker out to save on gas.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
$4.79 in NW Ohio today

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
How is that even legal?
Aren't they government regulated for price increases?

Umm, yes I'm sure they are but have you paid attention? Nat gas prices are easily up double or triple. Thank Europe because our gas is going to them. So at the worst it went from like $1.5 to $9.5, a 533% increase.

1656073286723.png

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I remember the fake shortage in the 70, long lines, could only gas up based on the last digit of your plate.
I remember my mom & dad talking about how much gas they had so they could get to work & back for the week & who would fill up and when.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I remember my mom & dad talking about how much gas they had so they could get to work & back for the week & who would fill up and when.
I remember the extreme measures our family took, in 1974.

My mother, who had landed a State job a couple of years earlier, started taking the bus to work. It was easier, back then; there was a commuter express that worked our suburb and then shot down the freeway into the downtown business districts...but, still.

My old man traded his Kaiser Wagoneer in for a Ford Maverick. THAT was the bonehead move of an era. Restored J-Series Wagoneers now sell for upwards of $70k. That Maverick, like all Ford products, was reduced to iron oxide in eight years.

There was little leisure travel that year, our family or others in our circle...as neighbors' driveways filled with Pintos, Datsuns and Ramblers, and nobody used them much.

Took two years to recover from that New Normal

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Local propane suppliers, always wonder why I am requesting propane price qoutes. I try to keep tanks full and prebuy for upcoming heating season. Alot of cash is involved, if you do not pay attention.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
If you throw the shit paper in the trashcan like a mexican, you dont have to have it pumped, it will eat the turds. I know of one tank thats gone 20 yrs without a pump, it has a good leach field, and a 2 stage tank. Cellulose fucks up the scene.

jus sayin.

the art of the turd.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Gas prices here are down 30 cents on the week. Fri and Sat are usually cheapest days to buy gas. Sunday night and Monday are the worst time. 4.77 here today

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Had my 1,000 gallon septic pumped 2 months ago (before diesel price exploded) for $379. In 2015 it was $285. I expect a lot of the price has to do with how far they have to go, and how much they have to pay, to empty the truck.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You can buy a trash pump and some hose, and pump it into the pasture every yr for a 1k frn investment.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If you throw the shit paper in the trashcan like a mexican, you dont have to have it pumped, it will eat the turds. I know of one tank thats gone 20 yrs without a pump, it has a good leach field, and a 2 stage tank. Cellulose fucks up the scene.

jus sayin.

the art of the turd.
The leach field is everything.

My childhood home, was built in 1959. We were the second owners of it. The sewers came through in 1970. Everyone knew that would happen, although the timeframe wasn't clear.

Eleven years of use...and we were not the only ones with such a setup. The tile field only ran on the property - in the fall, first snows, you could see where the tiles ran, as well as the outline of the tank, with the wet snow patterns. All up and down five streets, septic tanks.

Pumping a septic tank was unknown. Seriously.

Maybe the extreme fertility of the ground played a part. I learned, decades later, that the whole of the land had been an apple orchard. That being Ohio, Johnny Appleseed comes to mind, but I have no proof. What I did see, was how explosively fast trees would grow on that soil.

And, I guess, how fast sewerage would seep into that soil.

Even as the tank was disconnected, it wasn't pumped. It was turned into a cistern for runoff for the driveway, and there it remains. Never pumped, ever.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You can use the shit paper to light the grill.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What, you forget heating with "buffalo chips"?

Schitt be schitt...
My great grandparents burned cow shit in a stove, they cooked on that stove. They had a shed they stacked cow patties in.

:don't know:

poop.

thats white priveledge for you, weve come a long way.

I have propane.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

jus sayin.

the art of the turd.

Previous owners thought it would be a great idea to plant fruit trees over the leach field and we have cut them down over the years and it's now doing it's job.

Last edited:

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Had my 1,000 gallon septic pumped 2 months ago (before diesel price exploded) for $379. In 2015 it was $285. I expect a lot of the price has to do with how far they have to go, and how much they have to pay, to empty the truck.
Buddy next door operates a honey wagon truck. I have a place to dump it, so he charges me very little. Usually wants a check, for his children's college fund. This spring, someone cut the gas line and stole the gas in the gas tank. Even the honey wagon is not immune to gas theft.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
I usually have to fill up 1x a week. The last three fill-ups (three different stations), the pumps have all slowed down and stopped on exact dollar amounts as if I prepaid. $75.00, $80.00 and $80.00. Now granted that gets me 95% full so not worried in short term, but 100% convinced this is a rationing tool. Guy at pump next to me this AM said the same thing has been happening to him recently.....i inquired inside the stations and they just throw their hands up and shrug.

i asked a station owner one time about that the last time prices were real high .........he said it had to do with the credit card liability limits for fraud or lack of payment i dont remember exactly but it had to do with the stations loss limits via cc sales

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Nice saturday and very little traffic past the house. Not even motorcycles.