• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
My first new car was a 78 Trans Am (no screaming chicken on the hood for me) that I paid $7800 for out the door. I did as you said albeit not quite as fancy and ran a wire from the trunk where the taillights were grounded to the dash where I had a switch that I could make or break the ground, thus turning on or off all the lights in the back of the car. Now a days, with all the "smarts" that are built into vehicles, the car would most likely turn it's self off if you hit the switch!
I believe you can still do this with newer cars, although I haven't tried it yet. I think it would require a bit more wire now as you can't ground anything out now without blowing up some chip. But I have been thinking about it, now that you mention it.

So far no one asked me why I had this arrangement. phew (*). I did use it against a cop car one day though. But after I lost him in the dark, good sense got hold of me and I pulled over & parked at the next cross street. It was kinda funny to see him screech to a stop and look both ways, then suddenly see me parked and standing there waiting for him. Earned myself a day in court & a stiff fine for that. But I kept my license so all was good. He was a local cop & so was I, so car ID (before lights out) was a real possibility from him maybe seeing me daily driving in town.

(*) my buddy and I did rent collection in questionable areas. I was the driver. Sometimes after you collect, you have to be able to disappear.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I buy the Publix gas cards, $40 for a $50 card if you spend $50 which is too easy to do. Helps take the sting out of it.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
same here. $3.70 and climbing for regular
Just got back from running some errands, $3.99 everywhere around here now

chrisflhtc

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
3.79here up from 3.59 the day before.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
we are seeing big differences in prices esp in diesel ........reg 3.59 +/- .30 ........diesel 3.58-4.25 ...... 3/3/22 evening

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
high ive .seen is 3.79 today, low 3.59, circle K stores are now charging .06 to .10 per gallon for using credit card

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And of course the liberals want you to drive econo boxes...so there is that.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
My Suburban is thirsty, so joined Costco last year to save on gas. Right now regular is $3.109 if you use their credit card (Citi Visa). Most other stations around me are 3.649/gal.

So each tankful is currently “saving” me $16.74

Last edited:

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
$1.85/l cdn right now. It was .99/l before the most popular president in history won.

KnowWhy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I filled up Monday a $3.69/gal. Same place was $4.29 this morning. Yuck

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Noon $3.39.9, 5:00 PM $3.69.9.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
1646438756974.jpeg

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I topped off after work at $3.50 non-ethanol gas. I would recommend PRI-G additive, for anyone wanting to lengthen their gas life shelf.

Talked to a guy, whose son owns a grocery store. Son places an order. He receives less than half he orders. That grocery store shelving sometimes looks sparce. Was in another grocery store (chain) this week. $12 for a large container of peanut butter. $20 for laundry detergent. Over $7 for a large box of Cherios. Inflation is going to get worse.
I went to fill up the Mrs vehicle at the same gas station and pump today. $3.85 a gallon. 35 cent increase in 24 hours. Talked to employee that works at gas station, across the highway, who said their ethanol gas was going up 20 cents a gallon.

Talked to a cousin today, who said the Walmart she was in this week, the pasta aisle was empty. Wheat went up four dollars at a local grain elevator this week. I stopped at DG to load up with more pasta (M&C, etc).

There has to be panic in some commodities markets (oil, wheat, etc.)

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Though back in Bushes day, gas did get higher....sure is nice to see the value of my Prius double.

TN_Preacher

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Though back in Bushes day, gas did get higher....sure is nice to see the value of my Prius double.
It may have doubled, but no way I'm selling mine because this is when I need it most.
Imagine the effects on the farmers and the supply chain, manufacturing, etc. I'm doing a large garden this year and getting in better shape so I can ride my bike to town. The issue is all these hills in East TN are tough to climb.
My son has been adding these stickers to all the gas pumps
1646491469857.png

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It may have doubled, but no way I'm selling mine because this is when I need it most.
Imagine the effects on the farmers and the supply chain, manufacturing, etc. I'm doing a large garden this year and getting in better shape so I can ride my bike to town. The issue is all these hills in East TN are tough to climb.
My son has been adding these stickers to all the gas pumps
View attachment 247920

I've got 100 of those stickers, and 100 of the ones with Trump on them that says "Biden did that!"...I've been peppering every pump I encounter.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I buy the Publix gas cards, $40 for a $50 card if you spend $50 which is too easy to do. Helps take the sting out of it.
Yah we get them too but only if theres a good bogo sale, publix prices are sky high

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I miss good ol' Ethyl! Pricey but worth it!!

1646506179507.png

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Same goes for all three of my Chevy S-10's. People asking if I would sell them. Nope. Daily drivers. The 4 cylinder S-10 can be filled up with gas and then I can forget about it. The MPG is great. Its along time before I have to refill it, with gas again.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Filled up one car and two cans this morning for $3.76. Just took the other car in and filled it up... $3.89. There were quite a few people there topping off their tanks and filling cans. Everybody is getting ready for higher prices or worse... shortages.

Lancers32

You know...the thing
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Up to $3.80 for BP now up 20 cents overnight. Meanwhile it seems as if Ivan is paying half.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Filled up one car and two cans this morning for $3.76. Just took the other car in and filled it up... $3.89. There were quite a few people there topping off their tanks and filling cans. Everybody is getting ready for higher prices or worse... shortages.
It will be interesting to see, what happens, when the market opens up for Monday.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just filled every gas jug and the generator with ethanol free 90 octane rec fuel and sta-bil 360. Cost $173. Rec fuel is $5.89 a gallon, regular gas is $3.89 and will go up again tomorrow.

You guys do realize ethanol fuel will turn to shit in 3 months, right?

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Sure do. Ethanol has hurt more small engines....

Seriously, I never use it in anything. I have an older gas tractor, etc. They only get ethanol free gas.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just filled every gas jug and the generator with ethanol free 90 octane rec fuel and sta-bil 360. Cost $173. Rec fuel is $5.89 a gallon, regular gas is $3.89 and will go up again tomorrow.

Yep, I think everyone here knows the shelf life of untreated ethanol gasoline is very limited.

Today, on the way home from a day with the FIL and the wife I decided it was time to recycle 10 gallons of gas I've had stored for several months in a couple of 5 gallon USGI jerry cans. I checked out the price at the local station on the way home..... still $3.99 gal. Great. I dumped the 10 gallons in the wife's 2016 RAV4 along with a can of Seafoam.

I tossed the empty jerrys in the back of the Tacoma and headed off to get them filled with fresh gas. I come around the corner and staring in my face was the sign saying $4.19 gal. I was pissed. Fortunately there's another gas station about a mile away which is usually the same price as the first one. I was in luck, still $3.99 gal (if that's what you call luck). Right now everything I own that holds petroleum based full is full. I even have 5 gallons of diesel, and I don't own anything that runs on diesel. I keep it in case one of my neighbors run out.

It's going to be a tough ride going forward keeping up with fuel prices.

I guess that's what hap[pens when you go from being a large global oil producer and exporter to shutting down all your wells and depending on foreign oil because '''mah climate change"

We deserve what we continue to tolerate (me included)

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Just filled up two 20lb propane tanks. Still at $2.99 a gallon but that will change soon. Regular Unleaded was up to $4.49 a gallon.

Southern Oregon

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
you can do the same thing by pumping the brake lights at them. That works for me pretty much every time. Often times you can actually hear their tires screech when they over react
I don't do it any more...accidents are no fun...but back when I was a kid and my cars were beaters, I'd ride the brake pedal on a tailgater, to put the brake lights on...and then, after a mile or so, just stand on the pedal.

I considered putting an off switch on the brake lights - easy to do - but if I WAS in an accident, and cops started taking my beater apart or testing the brake lights...I dunno, would that fall under "criminal tools"? Sometimes you have to ask if it's worth it to make your life more complicated than it already is.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I don't do it any more...accidents are no fun...but back when I was a kid and my cars were beaters, I'd ride the brake pedal on a tailgater, to put the brake lights on...and then, after a mile or so, just stand on the pedal.

I considered putting an off switch on the brake lights - easy to do - but if I WAS in an accident, and cops started taking my beater apart or testing the brake lights...I dunno, would that fall under "criminal tools"? Sometimes you have to ask if it's worth it to make your life more complicated than it already is.
If someone is up my ass I'll certainly show them the brake lights...but I won't screech on my brakes, they usually do then stay back from that time on. That may cause an accident but I won't be involved in it

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
And of course the liberals want you to drive econo boxes...so there is that.
They're past that.

They want all "those people" in electric cars.

Of course, being protected, sheltered Mercedes Marxists, they haven't NOTICED the California brown-outs...coming soon to other parts of our world.

What Leftist cocktail Communists REALLY want, is to de-industrialize the planet. It'll be so fun...like camping out...

EO 11110

(globohomo) reproduction plan
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
rbob is up 7 percent right now. add another 30 or 40 cents coming soon to our pumps

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I figure it'll end at about $10 a gallon.

This summer might be a great one for motorcycle trips. Boy, my timing is off, buying that truck and RV...but I'll bet the roads, and hotels, and attractions, are gonna be EMPTY.

So I may take a few more trips on two wheels.