• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Just filled up two 20lb propane tanks. Still at $2.99 a gallon but that will change soon. Regular Unleaded was up to $4.49 a gallon.

Southern Oregon

Nice, propane refill here is $4.49

Densus

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
1646615970146.png

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I wonder when electricity rates will catch up with oil and gas prices?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I wonder when electricity rates will catch up with oil and gas prices?
Local low income housing residents, were told their rent is going up $40 a month. Higher electrical costs. Residents at that housing, pay according to their income. Even $20 increase would cut into their food purchases. Biden & Company proclaim they help the poor, but keep the poor poorer (and hungry).

Got a few 2 1/2 gallon gas cans to fill in morning. Going on a major shopping trip Tuesday with wife. Top off cubboards again. Higher fuel prices will send a shock price increase to groceries, as well as the higher wheat futures.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It has to be this way
Oh yeah. Definitely. So many things are being revealed...the fact that we're buying oil from Russia while supplying Ukraine with weapons should open a lot of eyes.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I thought we were energy independent. What happened?
The energy policy, at the Federal level, is a failure. We are paying for it now!

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Got a few 2 1/2 gallon gas cans to fill in morning. Going on a major shopping trip Tuesday with wife. Top off cubboards again. Higher fuel prices will send a shock price increase to groceries, as well as the higher wheat futures.
How does filling those cans, help you? Unless gas is CUT OFF...I can't see the benefit.

So you get five gallons of gas. Say you save 75 cents a gallon, between the time you get it, and the time, a month later, you use it. That's a $3.75 benefit - at most; and for that, you have the added risk of gas sitting around in your shed or garage.

And ethanol in gas doesn't age well. Where I'm at, I could buy booze-free; but that's about 80 cents a gallon more.

...I'm just trying to understand this. We all gotta find our own way; but I don't see much of a benefit here.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
How does filling those cans, help you? Unless gas is CUT OFF...I can't see the benefit.

So you get five gallons of gas. Say you save 75 cents a gallon, between the time you get it, and the time, a month later, you use it. That's a $3.75 benefit - at most; and for that, you have the added risk of gas sitting around in your shed or garage.

And ethanol in gas doesn't age well. Where I'm at, I could buy booze-free; but that's about 80 cents a gallon more.

...I'm just trying to understand this. We all gotta find our own way; but I don't see much of a benefit here.
I always keep around 15-25 gallons of treated non ethanol fuel around for my generator, especially at this time of year. Spring thunderstorms can be a bitch here. Rotating it through the car and trucks after about 1 year. During that time it also gets used in lawn mowers, leaf blowers etc.

I went full hog this time because WTF knows what is going to happen next and we may well see no gas to buy at all for a while. My car and motorcycle will both go 300 miles on one tank, with the car using 10 gallons and the bike 5. My wife's little 250 motorcycle gets around 75 miles to a gallon. My new Mule is a single cylinder 700 and is very fuel efficient. My truck is a gasoline toilet so it will be hanging around the house. Full of treated gas, of course.

So, will having good, usable spare gas around help?

Who knows, but for whatever reason it makes me feel better as I watch the world go stark raving mad.

I'm going to fill every jug at the cabin too.

. . . . . .
smoke.gif

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Well...if you have/need a generator, that's an obvious need.

Motorcycles, too. If there's long lines at the gas station, it's annoying to have to wait. Far easier to just throw that empty can in the car when you fill IT up.

I have only one four-wheel setup, and yes, it's a truck, and a fearful gas-sucker. 13-15 mpg (odd, we didn't think that so bad in 1980, but now...). But your Mule is easy on gas? It's occurred to me, a small ATV could be a fuel-efficient car substitute in small towns. Assuming the cops let you drive it on pavement...here, ATV vehicles, registered and plated, are allowed on city streets.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Motorcycles, too. If there's long lines at the gas station, it's annoying to have to wait. Far easier to just throw that empty can in the car when you fill IT up.

I have only one four-wheel setup, and yes, it's a truck, and a fearful gas-sucker. 13-15 mpg (odd, we didn't think that so bad in 1980, but now...). But your Mule is easy on gas? It's occurred to me, a small ATV could be a fuel-efficient car substitute in small towns. Assuming the cops let you drive it on pavement...here, ATV vehicles, registered and plated, are allowed on city streets.
My Mule uses very little gas, what it's total range is I don't know yet because I haven't had it that long. It's a 700 single with a 9.5 gallon tank so it will have a good range, and that's one of the reasons we went with that model. The big 1000 cc triple cylinder 4 seater hot rod side by sides will use a hell of a lot more gas. But from running around last fall for a couple weekends we did around 110 miles in one day and used around 2 gallons. The fuel gauge went from full to one bar down.

You can ride side by side's on the road here with a $25 ORV sticker, lights on and 25 MPH max no licence plate required. Lots of folks who live by my cabin use Mules, Pioneers and Rangers instead of cars and trucks for most around the area chores. Bars, restaurants and grocery store parking lots are probably 1/3 ORV's every day and 3/4 ORV on weekends.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
4.25.............................rope is getting cheaper by the minute................................

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I always keep gas cans filled with ethanol free gas. I rotate it in vehicles, tractor, lawn mowers, etc and replace with fresh gas.

I have an older gas tractor, generator, etc. to use that gas, too. If I need to use the chainsaw for after a storm, generator for power outage, etc. the gas is there, too. In a power outage, the service station pumps don't work. Sort of don't work if a fiber optic cable is cut somewhere and then you cannot use a credit card to purchase it. See the benefits?

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I always keep gas cans filled with ethanol free gas. I rotate it in vehicles, tractor, lawn mowers, etc and replace with fresh gas.

I have an older gas tractor, generator, etc. to use that gas, too. If I need to use the chainsaw for after a storm, generator for power outage, etc. the gas is there, too. In a power outage, the service station pumps don't work. Sort of don't work if a fiber optic cable is cut somewhere and then you cannot use a credit card to purchase it. See the benefits
I do the same, 90rec, plus I add stabil, I keep it fo4 3 years and use in the cars, not one issue

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

I store my gas in an outbuilding far from the house. I can use the gas (ethanol, unfortunately) as a rotation for the car in normal times, and in case of hurricanes or whatever where the power goes out, my well pump will give me water. And the gas-sipping little, but expensive Honda generator can power all freezers and fridge. The big generators are for air conditioning, although I also have two portable window A/C's stashed in the garage that the little Honda can power.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I store my gas in an outbuilding far from the house. I can use the gas (ethanol, unfortunately) as a rotation for the car in normal times, and in case of hurricanes or whatever where the power goes out, my well pump will give me water. And the gas-sipping little, but expensive Honda generator can power all freezers and fridge. The big generators are for air conditioning, although I also have two portable window A/C's stashed in the garage that the little Honda can power.
Which honda you got unc? will it power 2 fridge/freezer combos

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Gasolines storage is as important as having some..........

and the ability to improvise around this

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I slept pretty well last night, after I walked out and thumped the side of the 1k tank of gasoline up by the barn. Its full.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I guess the question then becomes, what happens if you get a little flame runnin' loose in your barn, and because of the General Fiscal Emergency, no government firefighters show up to put it out?

Or, what happens if the thug-bro's figure out what's in that tank, and come by, some fine night, with their drive-by guns, to GET THEIRS?

That's the problem with preps that are made, unsure of how the eventual risk/battle will unfold.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Yet........you didn't get enough for everybody

Im so sad now I'm going to get some gold to compensate

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What happens if my barn gets hit by a meteor and explodes and the tank goes with it?

Im not ready for conjecture this morning, I havent had enough coffee yet..........

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
I don't want you to lose your gasoline, I just want you to feel bad that you have such a stash!

Plus I used your stash to justify my stash

If I had Irons stash I would throw mine in the creek

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I don't want you to lose your gasoline, I just want you to feel bad that you have such a stash!

Plus I used your stash to justify my stash

If I had Irons stash I would throw mine in the creek

Your stash doesn't work unless everyone else has a stash....just like the Covid vaccines. Come on man!

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
These folks shower in their gasoline.

The flames dancing across the field are people.
I've seen this before....epic shit!

I'd rather just pay my $10/gal and be on my way rather than gathering up free gas in this manner. Imagine the fumes they were inhaling and then the flames they were inhaling.

Nothing is free! Everything has a cost associated with it...some more painful than others :blew up:!

Last edited:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
So how much would you sell a gallon of gas for ?????

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Mexico 10 years or so ago, they will dig up around a gas pipeline and install a valve so that everybody gets some.......

only that time the deal went sideways

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Just paid $5.39 a gallon in the Bay Area. Cost was $105ish to fill up our family mobile (Honda Odyssey)...OUCH!

I cant wait until we rent everything, own nothing and be happy. I think those folks at WEF are going to turn this mess around!

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
$3.89.9 seems to be the average rip off POS biden price for reg unleaded. East Tn.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Everything in the La Crosse, WI, area popped up to $3.999. Nobody wants to be the first one to cross $4.00.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
3.99 to 4.19 SW Fl, glad I listened to me and filled up my hurricane tanks