• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
$3.79 at Love's, Frenchtown, Montana.

Closer into Missoula, it varied, $3.73 to $3.95. The $3.73 was a little mom-and-pop store, gas station and restaurant. They probably had too much to do on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be watching the wholesalers' price of gas and adjusting their own.

They may be in for a shock, when, by the time they do check it, the wholesale price is higher than what they'd been selling it for.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I always keep gas cans filled with ethanol free gas. I rotate it in vehicles, tractor, lawn mowers, etc and replace with fresh gas.

I have an older gas tractor, generator, etc. to use that gas, too. If I need to use the chainsaw for after a storm, generator for power outage, etc. the gas is there, too. In a power outage, the service station pumps don't work. Sort of don't work if a fiber optic cable is cut somewhere and then you cannot use a credit card to purchase it. See the benefits?

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck with that site.

MOST of the booze-free stations I've found - and with a motorcycle, I have to look - most of them weren't listed.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
under 4 bucks would be ok. We are flirting with $5 a gallon here now.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Big business, big government and the MSM need to be eliminated if we're going to win this fight!

1646694775955.png

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's good for at least 6 months out of the pump. Treated at least a year. It wil work after that but might gum up an engine some. The older it is the more it would gum. But will run. AN emergency is an emergency.
shit - i didn't think about the ethanol
I have a 1967 chevy 1/2 ton that might well run on 50/50 regular and cat piss

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
That shit gas sure gunks up the carb on my rototiller.

I get tired of pulling the rope man.

Sometimes I have to take a break, and drink a beer.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how wood gas conversion works for a 21st century fuel injected car? I bet some smart people could make a LOT of money converting new models to wood gas...

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

On all my gas equipment I always add a splash of Stabil to every tank. Here in NY they add ethanol and that crap MTBE among everything else. The Stabil works like a charm keeping the carburetors clean considering the crap gasoline I am forced to put through them.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

I feel your pain bro

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Big business, big government and the MSM need to be eliminated if we're going to win this fight!

View attachment 248423
So, the answer is...what? Government refineries and gas distribution?

Doesn't the DMV do so much better a job than ExxonMobil?

Isn't your medical care so much better, now that the ACA renovated it to make sure that there's no free-market corruption? That only **APPROVED** players (Pfizer and Moderna) can "partner" with the FDA/CDC/HHS?

Were the railroads better before or after the ICC made sure they didn't make "too much" money?

Are cars and trucks better, now that Obama ordered that they not burn "too much" gasoline?

I'm sorry some people don't like to see corporations profit. Know what a corporation looks like that does not profit? Looks like Bethlehem Steel. Looks like Studebaker Corporation. Looks like Ames Department Stores.

Looks like the Dixie Square Mall.

Do we want that? Do we want Pemex-quality gasoline to be all we can have?

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
$3.77 in NE Texas at Sams Club.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
wife just got home from town, 3.76 in small town se colorado.......

VTEEZER

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Filled all my spare cans and topped off the Silverado with Rec 90 about 10 days ago when it was still 3.49 in S. FL. :2 thumbs up:

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

I hate that problem. Shit gas and small engines, I've gone battery for my weed eater but my chainsaw is still gas. I was told about this stuff, Sta-Bil START. Spray some in the carb and more in the tank and wait 5 minutes. Pull rope and fires. It works.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Thats a universal meme now!

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Traders Are Now Betting On $200 Oil By The End Of The Month​

By Tsvetana Paraskova - Mar 07, 2022, 1:30 PM CST

When some options traders bet in September 2021 that oil could reach $200 a barrel oil by the end of this year, those headlines were mostly in the “oddly enough” category. Now that prices hit $130 early on Monday, $200 oil by the end of March is not so unthinkable, as even major investment banks predict that a Russian oil ban would easily send prices to $150 and possibly to $200.

And now options traders have significantly increased bets that oil could hit $200 as early as this month. Traders would profit from those call options if oil prices were to rally to those levels.

According to ICE Futures Europe data compiled by Bloomberg, more than 1,200 contracts were traded on Monday for the option to buy Brent Crude future for May at $200 per barrel. As a result of active options trading in recent days, the price to buy such options has skyrocketed. For example, the $200 oil options on the May Brent futures – expiring on March 28, three days before the contract expires—saw the price for buying them surge by 152 percent to $2.39 a barrel. The price of the $150 a barrel June call option doubled, and the $180 call options surged by 110 percent, per the exchange data cited by Bloomberg.

Early on Monday, Brent surged to $130 a barrel at the start of trade amid talks of a Russian oil ban in the U.S. and European allies and a stalemate in the negotiations for reviving the so-called Iranian nuclear deal.

Bank of America says that if most of Russia’s oil exports were stopped, the market would find itself in at least a 5-million-bpd deficit, which could trigger an oil price move to $200 per barrel.

If Russian oil supply continues to be disrupted, Brent could end this year at $185 per barrel, JPMorgan analysts wrote in a note last week.

By Tsvetana Paraskova for Oilprice.com

SC

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Filled up the tank last night for $3.69. Probably not a record for me but getting close. Also had a completely crazy dude next to me uttering non-sense like full on turrets.

How do I fill up the Nickle tanks? Banks will claim they are out of nickles...

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1646750554390.png

A couple of clueless dolts!

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Vlad seems to be upping the anti. He has the upper hand and he knows it! Maybe the Venezuelan oil Biden is begging for will help fill the gap :rotf:

1646755557954.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of re-election seeking politicians are making noises to have a gas tax holiday. Little do they know that once they suspend the gas tax they'll end their political careers trying to put it back. Many gas taxes crept up by a cent at a time. No one will allow a 50 cent tax to be reimposed once they are used to it being gone.
That'll give 'em the excuse to start taxing miles driven, via a gps "blackbox".
....because they don't trust us to not jack with the cars odo.

You guys do realize ethanol fuel will turn to shit in 3 months, right
I've had 6 month old 10% ethonol gas that worked fine in my lawn mower. I've even used what was still in the can from the previous year, and it worked fine too.

Never tried putting old gas in a car though.

If someone is up my ass I'll certainly show them the brake lights...but I won't screech on my brakes, they usually do then stay back from that time on. That may cause an accident but I won't be involved in it
Here's a solution I once employed against tailgaters.

At the time, I owned an older car that the nozzles for spraying windshield washer fluid could be adjusted up and down by a small amount. So what I did was adjust them to spray high, so that half it went over the top of the car. Anyone tailgating would get a good spray. I'd see their wipers come on and then they always seemed to back off. Lol

as even major investment banks predict that a Russian oil ban would easily send prices to $150 and possibly to $200.
If I were Putin, I wouldn't wait for 'em to ban it. Just close the tap immediately and then only sell for gold or using the CIPS.

Densus

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
$4.19 at a few stations here in rural Virginia.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I am surprised that Gas Buddy shows $3.999 is holding in our area. I don't think any local station wants to be the one to cross $4.00 first. It does seem inevitable, though.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
With all we went through for the last two years, it is hard to believe that we have yet to hear... "Don't drive for two weeks to slow the price increase".
We must sacrifice our freedom of mobility to "flatten the curve."

If you don't it means you hate children and puppies and stuff....

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I am surprised that Gas Buddy shows $3.999 is holding in our area. I don't think any local station wants to be the one to cross $4.00 first. It does seem inevitable, though.
Probably you'll see **NO GAS** signs, first.

That will wear down the populist outrage.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
We must sacrifice our freedom of mobility to "flatten the curve."

If you don't it means you hate children and puppies and stuff....

and stuff...........

:band player 4:

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
81 million votes, most popular president in history!
How are those election fraud investigations going?

America deserves what it tolerates and by God, she seems to be able to tolerate quite a bit

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
View attachment 248610

A couple of clueless dolts!
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg promoted electric cars on Monday as a solution to Americans struggling from high gas prices.

“Clean transportation can bring significant cost savings for the American people as well,” Buttigieg said, touting President Joe Biden’s $5 billion plan to bolster America’s electric charging network.

The failed presidential candidate and former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, spoke at the White House with Vice President Kamala Harris to promote clean transportation after the average cost of gas spiked over $4 a gallon over the weekend.

“One of our best tools for doing that is public transit; transit gets riders for where they need to be efficiently and affordably with far less pollution from driving,” he said, asserting that electric buses “don’t pollute at all.”

01CF6760-0228-4818-B089-38644781A6FE.jpeg

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg promoted electric cars on Monday as a solution to Americans struggling from high gas prices.

“Clean transportation can bring significant cost savings for the American people as well,” Buttigieg said, touting President Joe Biden’s $5 billion plan to bolster America’s electric charging network.

The failed presidential candidate and former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, spoke at the White House with Vice President Kamala Harris to promote clean transportation after the average cost of gas spiked over $4 a gallon over the weekend.

“One of our best tools for doing that is public transit; transit gets riders for where they need to be efficiently and affordably with far less pollution from driving,” he said, asserting that electric buses “don’t pollute at all.”

View attachment 248653
This gives you some idea how the animals live in the cesspool cities