• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
$4.39 at the pump just off turnpike. I don't get out much so not sure how much cheaper it gets further away from the hiway. Used to be a 29 cent difference.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Apparently gas is still cheap. the wife is driving 70 miles one way tomorrow to visit my mom and get her hair cut............I said.......but gas.............she said she will just fill the car from the tank by the barn...........

sumbitch.

I been had.

:don't know:

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I've had 6 month old 10% ethonol gas that worked fine in my lawn mower. I've even used what was still in the can from the previous year, and it worked fine too.

Never tried putting old gas in a car though.

It's safer to put lightly aged ethanol gas in your car as opposed to any small engine. The high pressure fuel pumps will more than likely dissipate the gobs and lumps, but they will just plain plug up carburetor floats and jets.

EchelonPL

Reaction score
ha!….we went up another .10 cents last night , $3.59 to $3.69
$5.79 premium here. Here’s a photo a friend forwarded me as they crossed the border by Lake Havasu headed back into California. And that’s regular octane too. ‍

Attachments

• C7BDD2FC-E992-477C-9D02-429194A99876.jpeg
    C7BDD2FC-E992-477C-9D02-429194A99876.jpeg
    795.8 KB · Views: 16

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
KY here by me now everybody is locked on 1/10 of a cent less than $4. I bought some, I can use that 1/10th of a cent to buy a slice of day old bread.

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Paid $4.49 for non ethanol at QT in the upstate yesterday... can say gas prices didn't lessen the traffic on I 26 or I 85... Gobs of traffic and soooo many trucks

If all the trucks in the us ever head to DC, they will fill up half of VA, all of MA & DE

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I wish I would have thought of this. Could have saved me lots of dinero.

NBC Has Brilliant Idea for Americans to Save Big on Gas: Just Drive Slower

As many Americans struggle to afford a tank of gas, the establishment media has informed them how they can solve their problems and save money on fuel.

On Tuesday, AAA reported the national average for a gallon of gas was $4.17. But not to worry, a clip from NBC showed the network providing some helpful advice on how to deal with the crisis.

Among NBC’s tips were suggestions that Americans try “avoiding jackrabbit starts” and “let your foot off the gas as early as possible” when approaching a red light.

Last but not least, NBC suggested you should reduce your speed on the interstate. The network even showed a clip of Gas Buddy Head of Petroleum Analysis Patrick de Haan, and he proudly declared he was able to get three more miles per gallon by reducing his speed on the interstate by six miles per hour.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Sams last nite 4.15/ Keep your tires at 38 pounds and dont hammer the engine

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

As many Americans struggle to afford a tank of gas, the establishment media has informed them how they can solve their problems and save money on fuel.

On Tuesday, AAA reported the national average for a gallon of gas was $4.17. But not to worry, a clip from NBC showed the network providing some helpful advice on how to deal with the crisis.

Among NBC’s tips were suggestions that Americans try “avoiding jackrabbit starts” and “let your foot off the gas as early as possible” when approaching a red light.

Last but not least, NBC suggested you should reduce your speed on the interstate. The network even showed a clip of Gas Buddy Head of Petroleum Analysis Patrick de Haan, and he proudly declared he was able to get three more miles per gallon by reducing his speed on the interstate by six miles per hour.

Drive slower, takes you longer to get there, anyone do the math on driving slower to get better mileagle vs taking an extra hour to get somewhere on a long trip.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Paid $4.49 for non ethanol at QT in the upstate yesterday... can say gas prices didn't lessen the traffic on I 26 or I 85... Gobs of traffic and soooo many trucks

If all the trucks in the us ever head to DC, they will fill up half of VA, all of MA & DE
I've been waiting for the relief of traffic; and it hasn't happened.

My theory: It's all going on the MasterVisa. It will be a few months of minimum payments, before those cards max out, and get locked down...and the (m)asses say, Pfuk Ewe to the idea of paying off the plastic debt. The beginning of the Hard Reset (not to be confused with Klaus' Grate Reset).

So we got four more months or so of still-untenable traffic.

How it will affect Tourist Season, here in my location between Camp Swampy and Jellystone Park...I don't know. I'd be surprised if it does not cut traffic; but I keep on being surprised.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Felonia von Cankles, weighed in on this in 2007. While readying for her sparring match with the Brown Clown.

She was gonna control both fuel use and gas prices...by ordering another National Speed Limit.

No, not 55. She knew better. We could all drive FORTY-FIVE.

Wait for her to remember...past HER anti-Parkinson's drugs...and trot that out. Wait for pResident Pantload to jump right on it.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Drive slower, takes you longer to get there, anyone do the math on driving slower to get better mileagle vs taking an extra hour to get somewhere on a long trip.
I did, a long time ago.

With the engine designs of the 1970s...that is, carbureted; brick-shaped cars that weighed 4000 pounds...you could save 15 percent or more on gas...AT TIMES...by slowing down. That is, once you're up to speed, keeping speed DOWN would save gas.

Of course a 55-mph speed limit saves nothing in traffic; which is where most people drive most of the time. Starting and stopping, it's all the same. Acceleration is the same low-mileage, until you reach your targeted speed.

I think the figure I arrived at was about 3.5 percent overall savings. Use would be down even more, because some people would just say, fuggit, and not travel by car.

Everything has changed, now. Cars are aerodynamic - they have to be, to meet CAFE standards. Their weight is down a bit - used to be more, but now all that wiring and airbag crap, weighs. About 3000 pounds, average. Trucks, which are as numerous as cars, are 4000-5500 pounds or more. And although being designed in wind tunnels...those big wheels, brush busters, and high ground clearance, all interfere with aerodynamics.

So, pick-em-ups do benefit from dropping the speed. I have seen this just on my trip to Florida - by dropping from 80 to 60, I got mileage up from 13 to 16 mpg. That's about a 15-percent gain. Is my time worth it? I was on vacation, under no time schedule, and retired. I can't figure that.

Someone with a Camry, would see less of an improvement in mileage. Those are road cars and DESIGNED to be efficient at highway speeds.

But just because some Leftist idea doesn't work, doesn't mean it's not a good idea. I think this was a trial balloon and I think we'll see another twenty years of a fantasy slow-roll national speed limit. The next thing you'll hear, is how much further those magic electric cars go at slower speeds.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not in my DNA to drive slow. I’ve tried and can’t do it. Minimum of 8-10 mph over or more.
I was like that when I was young. I had about 12 tickets over six years...it got to where I had multiple driver's licenses. One where I lived; one where my parents lived in another state; and a third from my year in Texas.

Can't do that now. First, 35 years ago, the National Driver Registry database actually got up and running. Now, computers. I know from having been stopped in New York State, with my Ohio license (2001) that they pulled up my New York history, no problem, even though I didn't ever convert one license to the other. The Ohio license became my Colorado license, and then back to Ohio. But the police computer connected the dots right away, and I almost got taken in for investigation.

But...driving slow. Now I'm an old geezer, and Cruise Control is a godsend. Just set it slow and turn on a podcast or audiobook, and let it alone. I guess, if this is gonna happen (a revisit to a really-bad idea) this is the best time of my own life for it to happen.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Not in my DNA to drive slow. I’ve tried Iand can’t do it. Minimum of 8-10 mph over or more.
I try to stay within 5 mph over the limit, dont want to give the leos reason to make me pay more taxes via a speeding ticket, also havent had one since 1972, was on ft dix following a diesel and gagging from the fumes, sped up to pass and got a ticket.

WQFTruckster

Jolliest asshole this side of the nuthouse
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Oil price down ~23% off its highs and gas prices haven't budged a cent.

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
My local station dropped $.10 to $3.89, but everywhere else around is between $4.09 and $4.39.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Just filled up ... non ethanol still $4.49 here in the low country
Booze-free is $5 out here...and I can't even put it into a four-wheel road vehicle in this county, between November and April. County law.

You're getting a bargain; although there are places, including some where I had lived...where ethanol-free is NOT ALLOWED. Like Cleveland, Cuyahoga County. Motorcyclists with old carb'd bikes have to fill up at an airport or marina to get booze-free. And pay, two years ago, over $8 a gallon for it.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Oil price down ~23% off its highs and gas prices haven't budged a cent.
It doesn't happen fast.

There will be that scuzzy station that doesn't get much business, that will see a chance to get more, and will drop the price a few pennies. Then the big name-brand convenience stores will follow suit. That little station with the filthy windows will drop it lower; and again, another round.

Until they get to where they decide, each station manager, that it's not worth dropping more...diminishing returns, more volume but not enough profit.

It's the way of the free market.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
All the little scuzzy stations around here are the most expensive. The big truck stop on the edge of town is still the cheapest (and cleanest).

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The small, non-chain ones, are the most flexible, though. The owner can decide, immediately, to cut his price - or even sell gas at a loss, if that's what he wants (purge old inventory or drive a competitor out of business).

The Holiday or Speedway or Town Pump managers, have to clear every move, every sign, every price change...every fart, every coffee urn washed, with Corporate.

WQFTruckster

Jolliest asshole this side of the nuthouse
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Oil prices have been dropping for almost a week, seems there would be plenty of room and opportunity for the small scuzzies to be undercutting the market and still raking it in while increasing business. But that's not what I'm seeing. I see same as Dozer, little guys are the highest, best deals at the truck stops.

On the flip side, what's to stop all the stations in town from getting together and keeping the price artificially high (or raising it higher) for everyone's benefit?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
High gas prices are making me sick. $2 gas is national security.

All of the special interests are dividing up the country and ruining it. We should have made Russia and India partners. I know what is being done now is wrong because even our allies hate us for incompetence.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Oil prices have been dropping for almost a week, seems there would be plenty of room and opportunity for the small scuzzies to be undercutting the market and still raking it in while increasing business. But that's not what I'm seeing. I see same as Dozer, little guys are the highest, best deals at the truck stops.

On the flip side, what's to stop all the stations in town from getting together and keeping the price artificially high (or raising it higher) for everyone's benefit?
It takes time.

Nobody is EAGER to take a cut in pay/profits.

It takes awhile for the underdog in that market, to decide to forego a little profit to gain market share (change buyers' habits on where they stop).

This is the advantage of being an Old Fart. Been there, done that. Seen it all - two county fairs and a goat ropin'.

The same damn thing, and the same damn mediuh agitation, were being pushed in 1985. With the mediuh having an added impetus in that they wanted to smear Ronnie Ray-Gun. It's ALL HIS FAULT - that the price of gas doesn't drop the second the price of crude drops on the spot market.

No, by the end of 18 months, the price of gasoline dropped from about $1.30, 1983 dollars, to $.59 a gallon. Once the process got rolling, and stores no longer feared it was temporary.

ADD to this:

There are Soros AGs in various states...EAGER to arrest small business owners for "Price Gouging" the SECOND they raise prices more than Soros thinks they should raise them. But nobody's going to remember the DROPPING prices.

So. Wholesale prices fall today. The unwary station manager drops prices. In three days the wholesale price goes up again, higher than before...because of the instability of the spot market.

Does that station owner want to spend five figures in legal bills, defending himself from a "Price Gouging" complaint? NO, he'll hold the line on prices!

Last edited:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Sams club today 419 for reg, rec 90 was only 4.23 so i got that

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
We're gonna have it at $10 a gallon.

The Elites, the media clowns, and the Globalists, all want it that way.

Make plans accordingly. I think the only way we get out from under these crazed tyrants...these KILLERS, with their quack Jabs...is with violent revolution.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Oil has dropped $11 overnight, with more losses this morning. That isn't the result of planning and execution as planned, it is a sign of an organisation that is rudderless. It is indicative of the middle management that sits above heads of state that isn't leadership but regurgitators. When there's nothing to regurgitate from higher up, they start vomiting...

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
We're gonna have it at $10 a gallon.

The Elites, the media clowns, and the Globalists, all want it that way.

Make plans accordingly. I think the only way we get out from under these crazed tyrants...these KILLERS, with their quack Jabs...is with violent revolution.
It's better to just sit down. Stop buying, stop working. Just stop fueling the enemy. If everyone did this they'll break real quick. That's the same "if" you'll get with revolution...

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
we went up another .10 cents today , $3.94………$4.44 diesel

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I hope everyone has their gas cans filled.

You have been warned.

KnowWhy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All the gas here is non-ethanol. One station dropped their price 40¢ to $4.29. Everyone else is still close to$4.70. Pretty happy about the break.

EO 11110

(globohomo) reproduction plan
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
hold off on that hoarding, gasoline has plunged over last few days. it should start showing up at your local pumps in a week or four

converting rbob to houston pump price, it has fallen from 4.20 to 3.44

1647434963544.png

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Filled up my F150 with a Qu. Tank of gas still in the tank - $76.56.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Well, truth be told that would help. I've been seeing people pull a NASCAR race from red light to red light for decades...most people don't look further ahead than the end of their hood while driving. I look a few blocks down the road and adjust accordingly as lights change. Other people stomp their gas and accelerate into a red light for some reason that I can't fathom.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It didn't make an appreciable difference forty years ago, and won't now, either.

A majority of petroleum is not used for transportation, but manufacturing or energy production.

Of the transportation uses, personal cars are less than a third (as I said, I had figures, but I looked this up LONG ago).

Of personal-car use, relatively little is done on open freeways where high speed is an option.

What this DOES do, is excite the control-freaks in government.

I think they've had enough stimulation for a few years.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It didn't make an appreciable difference forty years ago, and won't now, either.

A majority of petroleum is not used for transportation, but manufacturing or energy production.

Of the transportation uses, personal cars are less than a third (as I said, I had figures, but I looked this up LONG ago).

Of personal-car use, relatively little is done on open freeways where high speed is an option.

What this DOES do, is excite the control-freaks in government.

I think they've had enough stimulation for a few years.
I have a hunch that it didn't work years ago because people didn't change how they drive. A LOT of people gun it when the light turns green and accelerate quickly instead of slower and more steady. Doing a gradual and modest acceleration would probably save more gas overall than a speed limit reduction. We have a lot of dudes with huge lifted trucks around here and for some reason, they all think they are Dale Earnhardt.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1647541947561.png