• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Fill your gas cans now

Au-myn

Goldbug
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
That reminds me of the old days in the 70's. We used to install vacuum gauges to increase our MPG.

You can turn a "lead foot" into smooth cruiser sometimes.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
But it took 25% longer for you to get there so is there really a gain or is it just the wash I need wash time on the whole venue

It doesn't matter. Distance is the same and part of the whole gas mileage calculation. Your destination is X miles away. You could walk and get infinite gas mileage but it's gonna take some time.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That reminds me of the old days in the 70's. We used to install vacuum gauges to increase our MPG.

You can turn a "lead foot" into smooth cruiser sometimes.
That had to do with the final generation of automotive carbs.

Floor it, and what was called an "accelerator pump" would squirt a jet of raw gas into the venturi to prevent the engine stumbling or flaming out, especially with the crude emissions controls of the 1970s. That would add up. There were stages, where high manifold vacuum (throttle not wide-open) led to a leaner mix, over and above the air/fuel restriction.

It's less evident with EFI. Your accelerator pedal basically triggers a computer, that's all. On some cheap cars you can almost feel the steps, like you were notching it up. But it's nearly always as lean as possible, to satisfy Big Brother and Aunt Epa.

You could put a vacuum gauge on an engine today - they have a throttle plate on the air venturi (fuel is mixed IN the combustion chamber with most FI setups) but it would be pointless.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg promoted electric cars on Monday as a solution to Americans struggling from high gas prices.

“Clean transportation can bring significant cost savings for the American people as well,” Buttigieg said, touting President Joe Biden’s $5 billion plan to bolster America’s electric charging network.

The failed presidential candidate and former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, spoke at the White House with Vice President Kamala Harris to promote clean transportation after the average cost of gas spiked over $4 a gallon over the weekend.

“One of our best tools for doing that is public transit; transit gets riders for where they need to be efficiently and affordably with far less pollution from driving,” he said, asserting that electric buses “don’t pollute at all.”

View attachment 248653

How much did this bus "not pollute" or fry someone to a crisp?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Just more proof the technology it not up to where it needs to be for the Masses.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Just wait until they try to retire the fleet of these so-called green buses and no one wants to deal with them or be paid a princely sum to dispose of them.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Just wait until they try to retire the fleet of these so-called green buses and no one wants to deal with them or be paid a princely sum to dispose of them.

I don't quite get this. There is a "serious shortage" of Lithium, yet these old batteries with tons of it and not only can you not recycle them but it will cost to dispose of the batteries.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't quite get this. There is a "serious shortage" of Lithium, yet these old batteries with tons of it and not only can you not recycle them but it will cost to dispose of the batteries.
We have a group(s) of people with an agenda, to ruin the world and reshape it in their image of Shangrila.

This will not end well for the masses.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Hey. It's GOVERNMENT.

They do what they want, because they're the government and they don't care.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is cost of, and potential enviromental impacts of recovering said lithium as compared to just mining new lithium?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What is cost of, and potential enviromental impacts of recovering said lithium as compared to just mining new lithium?

It's far more concentrated and consistent as it was already used in a battery. It would have to be cheaper IMO.

But back to the topic at hand. It seems the commies have really set their sights on Diesel fuel. Prices are at new highs and Martin Armstrong posted on the topic as well. Clearly they are shutting down production to get us damn peasants off the bad CO2 producer.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
What's happening with prices in the US?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What's happening with prices in the US?

Highest I've seen just about. Diesel is certainly setting a new high. Mostly around $5.20 a gallon around here. Gasoline just went up to $3.92 at a few stations in town as I just filled up at $3.74.

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
If you can get regular for under $5.65 you're doing good in my neck of the woods....ouch 0_0

Bay Area California

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fuel is (IMHO), a manipulated market, while Trump was in office, we got cheap gas, now that Biden is in, we are getting hit with relatively high fuel prices. Or, it might be the Big Dummy Effect, when enough big dummies have bought gas guzzlers....

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's far more concentrated and consistent as it was already used in a battery. It would have to be cheaper IMO.
Is it cheaper though? If it was, why wouldn't they already be being used?

If you ran a battery factory and you could source lithium cheaper by using recycled batteries, why wouldn't you do so?

But back to the topic at hand. It seems the commies have really set their sights on Diesel fuel. Prices are at new highs and Martin Armstrong posted on the topic as well. Clearly they are shutting down production to get us damn peasants off the bad CO2 producer.

IMO, diesel probably costs more due there being more diesel vehicles on the road these days? Only about 20% of a barrel of oil becomes diesel. About 42% becomes gasoline.

If diesel use is up (it is), that means demand is up for a product in tighter supply conditions. Ie: diesel is a smaller market than that of gasoline, and therefore its price is more volatile.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Is it cheaper though? If it was, why wouldn't they already be being used?

If you ran a battery factory and you could source lithium cheaper by using recycled batteries, why wouldn't you do so?

IMO, diesel probably costs more due there being more diesel vehicles on the road these days? Only about 20% of a barrel of oil becomes diesel. About 42% becomes gasoline.

If diesel use is up (it is), that means demand is up for a product in tighter supply conditions. Ie: diesel is a smaller market than that of gasoline, and therefore its price is more volatile.
I was reading...there may be (it wasn't clear) a mandate requiring a percentage of biodiesel added to all diesel fuel now. Biodiesel is very, VERY expensive.

They also have to remove sulfer from it. Again, an expensive process.

I remember back in the day (forty years ago) diesel was about 25 cents a gallon cheaper than gas; and that was back when that meant something. That was when the diesel Rabbits were a new thing. 52 miles a gallon and the fuel was cheaper...sign me up!

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
CA prices for regular are higher than Australian prices! And there's a two dollar difference between the west coast of the US and the south east. What's with the huge disconnect between the coasts?

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
CA prices for regular are higher than Australian prices! And there's a two dollar difference between the west coast of the US and the south east. What's with the huge disconnect between the coasts?
Communists run the west coast.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Commiefornia.... all regulations are the difference. They are practically down to one refinery or something like that. They are hiking gas taxes into this charade.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
for some reason we had a bump up today from $3.94 to $4.04 for unleaded

diesel also went up a dime to $5.24

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Saw my highest diesel so far, $6.99/gal at a Sunoco in town. The BP across the street was $5.99/gal.

Regular gas is $4.35/gal.

NJ

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Cheapest regular near me is $4.13, up from $3.79 just a few weeks ago. Diesel, when I’ve noticed, is in the $6.xx range. NH here.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Saw my highest diesel so far, $6.99/gal at a Sunoco in town. The BP across the street was $5.99/gal.
Wow, that's a big difference. Was anyone buying the $7 stuff?

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
So has anyone calculated how much it cost to charge an ev?? I mean electricity cost vs gallon of gas, green really isnt green, oil is used to generate electricity a fact the tree huggers dont mention. If .gov was truly worried about emissions, mileage they would release all those patents for the carbs and engines that got 100mpg back in the 70s. Same problem though since they are so efficient neglible wear and tear on engine, tranny and rear end, ergo they would last over 500k miles, and many like me would push them past that doing the auto industry a bad blow. Right or wrong?

BTW circle k stations here are now charging a dime more per gallon is you use a credit card, is this going on everywhere or just Fl??

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Gas went up 6 cents this morning to $4.25. It was $4.09 earlier in the week. Fuck Joe Biden.

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
So has anyone calculated how much it cost to charge an ev??
I'll try, subject to bad raw data and math errors :-) It looks like with current prices, it's a lot cheaper to fuel the EV.

Comparison example: 25 mpg ICE car, against Tesla S.

If gas is $4/gallon, fuel cost for the ICE car is $16.
Tesla S uses 25 kWh to travel 100 miles best case, or 50 kWh worst case. At 20 cents/kWh, fuel cost is $5 best case, $10 worst case.

Electric prices have a lot more regional variation than gas prices. In some parts of USA, the price is half that used in the example.
The city/highway mpg curve is inverted with an EV. mpg is based mainly on speed, making city driving more fuel efficient.
Best case efficiency is city driving with no climate control in use. Worst case is highway driving in cold weather.

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
So has anyone calculated how much it cost to charge an ev?? I mean electricity cost vs gallon of gas, green really isnt green, oil is used to generate electricity a fact the tree huggers dont mention. If .gov was truly worried about emissions, mileage they would release all those patents for the carbs and engines that got 100mpg back in the 70s. Same problem though since they are so efficient neglible wear and tear on engine, tranny and rear end, ergo they would last over 500k miles, and many like me would push them past that doing the auto industry a bad blow. Right or wrong?

BTW circle k stations here are now charging a dime more per gallon is you use a credit card, is this going on everywhere or just Fl??

Most stations in my area (NH) have been doing that for a while now. Cash or company credit cards get a lower price than other credit cards.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
I'll try, subject to bad raw data and math errors :-) It looks like with current prices, it's a lot cheaper to fuel the EV.

Comparison example: 25 mpg ICE car, against Tesla S.

If gas is $4/gallon, fuel cost for the ICE car is $16.
Tesla S uses 25 kWh to travel 100 miles best case, or 50 kWh worst case. At 20 cents/kWh, fuel cost is $5 best case, $10 worst case.
obviously a huge amount of variables here .......but generally EVs are cheaper to fuel and much more so when charged at home vs at charging stations .........in our area home electric costs .06kwh vs up to .60kwh at charging stations vs gas

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
That's been the standard here for at least the last 10 yrs.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Fuel is (IMHO), a manipulated market, while Trump was in office, we got cheap gas, now that Biden is in, we are getting hit with relatively high fuel prices. Or, it might be the Big Dummy Effect, when enough big dummies have bought gas guzzlers....
That might be the nicest compliment you've paid our president(de jure) to date.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Cheap fuel is never a manipulation. When they can't make money on the sale, they don't refine. Just as, when you can't make money working, you don't work.

But legally stopping pipeline construction AND shutting down existing pipelines, AND barring drilling and pumping...hey, that means scarcity. Less fuel; the same demand, prices explode. Because prices are a form of rationing....the only moral form of rationing a product with scarcity.

Pantload Joe, did this.

EO 11110

(globohomo) reproduction plan
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
fill up today. it will be higher tomorrow - after the dip, rbob futures marched right back to highs. this will be showing up at the pumps soon

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cheap fuel is never a manipulation. When they can't make money on the sale, they don't refine. Just as, when you can't make money working, you don't work.

But legally stopping pipeline construction AND shutting down existing pipelines, AND barring drilling and pumping...hey, that means scarcity. Less fuel; the same demand, prices explode. Because prices are a form of rationing....the only moral form of rationing a product with scarcity.

Pantload Joe, did this.
and yet, the oil companies are making record profits...

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
and yet, the oil companies are making record profits...
When the dollar is debased, to make basically a sustainable profit, you have to have ever-larger nominal profits.

Do you really want the same government that ORDERED this Pfizer poison into everyone it controls...to determine what is "fair"?