• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Finally easy to install one step EMP protection for your car, truck, home Etc.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Dont matter much if your home survives if the grid that supplies it isnt working.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dont matter much if your home survives if the grid that supplies it isnt working.
When someday the power is brought back on line you will be ready to connect. If not your home is fried out and anyone's guess how many thousands of dollars to replace all the electrical systems in your home. If you run a generator you will need this. I got two for my vehicles.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I'm not saying it is a bad idea , I am just questioning if it is worth the hassle. If things go south, the grid will be down. Mass hysteria will bring out the crazies en masse and your lit windows will be like a beacon in the night for all the loons to come partake in your preparations leaving you with even less than those who appear to have not even prepared.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm not saying it is a bad idea , I am just questioning if it is worth the hassle. If things go south, the grid will be down. Mass hysteria will bring out the crazies en masse and your lit windows will be like a beacon in the night for all the loons to come partake in your preparations leaving you with even less than those who appear to have not even prepared.
You watch too much TV but I'll play along...

Cover the windows and be sure all your friends and family are armed. That's what the guns and ammo are for! If you're forward thinking enough to be prepared you'll have a protection plan built into that preparation. If you can't protect it, why stockpile it?

The guy in the video reminds me of a used car salesman pushing some gimmick. Any vendor will tell you how good their shit works, all day long but, the devil is always in the details. I would question whether or not this would even work as advertised. How do you test something like that? I mean what's the test criteria and what's the margin for error?

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I vote that it's snake oil with respect to EMP protection. Might be an ok surge protector. Just an opinion.
I didnt watch the video.........but ....if whatever it is works for homes and cars.....i would think the government would have already installed it......

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Transformers made over seas. Will take over a year to receive and replace.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Transformers made over seas. Will take over a year to receive and replace.
Yeah - I am guessing at MINIMUM 2 years to get the transformers replaced...assuming that we have a foreign vendor willing to even do business with us in those circumstances. If an EMP does occur - we might end up with a case of other countries piling on so to speak.

I would guess that about 90% of the population would die off in an EMP situation so....not sure how much good that gizmo would do.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I would guess that about 90% of the population would die off in an EMP situation
YUP, snowflakes, pedo's, losers & the like will perish, good riddance !

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yeah - I am guessing at MINIMUM 2 years to get the transformers replaced...assuming that we have a foreign vendor willing to even do business with us in those circumstances. If an EMP does occur - we might end up with a case of other countries piling on so to speak.

I would guess that about 90% of the population would die off in an EMP situation so....not sure how much good that gizmo would do.

You have something there. As fast as things are changing for the worst, many countries will smell blood in the water and try to move in. If guns have been picked up that is, or muslims sleeper cells wake up.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They covered the testing they did on the unit. Watch the sole video.
I did watch it. When he's talking about it, he makes it sound as though it works like a surge protector. Starting around the 8 minute mark he explains how it can handle one lightning strike or multiple EMP's. If lightning hits a nearby transformer and excess voltage flows into the system and down your wire to your house, I can see where something like that would protect you, but with an EMP, the excess voltage doesn't only come via your grid connection. The voltage is induced into the metal of the wires and electronics themselves. Ie: the excess voltage will simultaneously exist on both sides of that device.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I did watch it. When he's talking about it, he makes it sound as though it works like a surge protector. Starting around the 8 minute mark he explains how it can handle one lightning strike or multiple EMP's. If lightning hits a nearby transformer and excess voltage flows into the system and down your wire to your house, I can see where something like that would protect you, but with an EMP, the excess voltage doesn't only come via your grid connection. The voltage is induced into the metal of the wires and electronics themselves. Ie: the excess voltage will simultaneously exist on both sides of that device.
I dont think most people really understand how an EMP would do its damage...

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I dont think most people really understand how an EMP would do its damage...

As I understand it your electrical system will have EMP overwhelm the capacity. This device gives it someplace to go and dissipate. I would think people looking into making a device like this would know what they were making. They are testing the units by hitting them with EMP.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They are testing the units by hitting them with EMP.
How does it dissipate the current that would be induced into your homes wiring? Answer: it can't.

The way I understand an EMP to work is that it induces current in anything made of metal. Even if your home is disconnected from the grid, during an EMP your home's wiring will have high current throughout the system. How does this device protect the wiring and electronic devices if the current already exists on your electrical system?

As I already stated, he describes it as working in the same manner as a surge protector. Ie: protects from excess current flowing from the grid to your home's electrical wiring.

Comment from the mfg: It attaches to your homes breaker box and is INCREDIBLY fast. It works in less than a nanosecond and can see inbound surges because of its speed. Not only is it able to stop EMPs but, it’s also one of the worlds fastest home surge protectors.

In other words, this will only help if your electrical system is not directly effected by the EMP, but the grid it is connected to is. Ie: it can only protect against excess current coming from the grid into your home.
....and it may protect against that very well, but it's not going to help at all if you are within the area actually hit by an EMP.

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
How does it dissipate the current that would be induced into your homes wiring? Answer: it can't.
I thought the answer was that it will shunt the induced current to earth ground. My intuition comes up three questions: (1) How can it do that via its relatively tiny ground wire?, (2) With the rise time of the pulse placing it in the RF spectrum, how can they make any general claim of how it will be handled by a grounding system it wasn't tested with, (3) How can the vehicle protector dissipate and EMP with no earth ground connection? (Granted it can clamp the difference in potential at its connection point, but only at the connection point).

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
There simply is NO PROTECTION from an EMP without a genuine Faraday cage around what you want to protect.

Joe, Straw, Vlad, and Tiger are all spot on. (Unca's Elec. Engr. hat ON)

The Gummint has TEMPEST-ed many structures. This is difficult, and expensive as only a Gummint "fix" can be.

https://cryptome.org/emp.htm

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I thought the answer was that it will shunt the induced current to earth ground.
Perhaps, but only after the current has passed through the home's electrical system and everything connected to it. Ie: damage already would be done prior to the device being able to do anything.

All it can do is protect from a surge coming from the grid to your electrical system. (mfg admits as much) So if it's for an actual EMP, better hope the burst causing it is over the horizon from your location.
....but an air burst 250-300 miles in altitude would cover an area with a diameter of about 3000 miles. Which is why they say that an air burst over Kansas could potentially effect the entire nation and much of Canada and Mexico. Also, if we are ever attacked in this manner, I doubt it'll be with only one device. If it ever happens, my bet is that it'll be multiples that overlap their coverage. Anything less leaves too much chance of not knocking everything out, which means a larger chance of a retaliatory strike. The only way to beat a Goliath is to hit him hard enough by surprise, that he cannot fight back. If all ya do is to gain his undivided attention, you might be kinda f'ed.

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I have sent this thread to the company and invited them to send of their people here to address the questions and any issues that are raised here. Lets hope they can address the questions here. I'd like to know I am getting something for the money I spent and I am sure others will too.

Last edited:

bb28

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The way to get EMP protection for your car is to have a manual transmission or a transmission that does not rely on electrical anything for shifting. Also, old-school Bosch style mechanical injection or a carburetor would keep the vehicle going. I doubt anything built in the 1990s or later will run after an EMP.

bb

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The way to get EMP protection for your car is to have a manual transmission or a transmission that does not rely on electrical anything for shifting. Also, old-school Bosch style mechanical injection or a carburetor would keep the vehicle going. I doubt anything built in the 1990s or later will run after an EMP.

bb
Military transports are all modern and are shielded against EMP.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I have sent this thread to the company and invited them to send of their people here to address the questions and any issues that are raised here. Lets hope they can address the questions here. I'd like to know I am getting something for the money I spent and I am sure others will too.
Oh - I really hope they show up...they have some splaining to do...

I would only have 2 simple questions for them to answer...

1. Explain to us naives how an EMP would dissipate its energy into our everyday world (wires, electronics, processor chips, transformers, etc...)
2. Explain how your "device" would protect said wires, electronics, processor chips, transformers, etc... from EMP...

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
How would you contact the manufacturer for a refund for a defective product in the event of an actual EMP?

Kinda like selling a guarantee of everlasting life. It's a lucrative, time tested and solid business model.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
"How would you contact the manufacturer for a refund for a defective product in the event of an actual EMP?

Kinda like selling a guarantee of everlasting life. It's a lucrative, time tested and solid business model."

Ya beat me to it by a minute, D-FENZ. My thought exactly!

Show me a gadget -- other than the one below -- which would leave the guy inside still alive and happy:

bb28

Silver Member
Silver Miner
How would you contact the manufacturer for a refund for a defective product in the event of an actual EMP?

Kinda like selling a guarantee of everlasting life. It's a lucrative, time tested and solid business model.
I just bought a propane detector for my motorhome. It cost about $55 online. There were cheaper brands out there. There is actually one for about $15 on eBay and Amazon which researchers have pulled apart and found that it is nothing more than a battery connected to some circuitry that produces a green light which tells the user that everything is "ok". There is no detection of propane whatsoever, yet it continues to be sold and I presume the sellers are shielded from any lawsuits by being located in China.

I see this as being a similar thing. Nobody will ever collect on any warranty or guarantees from the company.

bb

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
There's another thing to think about.

I actually think a Carrington Event will occur. The difference between a nuke EMP and a CE is that the fargin Carrington Event is not a microsecond nuke burst, but a much bigger burst that also sticks around a few HOURS.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A survival channel interviews the guys from EMP shield to address the concerns. Here it is,

Thanks for posting that, but it's virtually unwatchable due to the out of sync audio, but I suffered through enough of it to understand that it still only protects from current coming into your home from the grid. (it's a fancy surge protector)

8:55 he talks of protecting your home by shunting to ground the voltage coming into your home.

Where in the vid does he answer how it protects from over voltage that's already in your home?

If the voltage has to get to the emp shield in order for it work, how does it protect your stuff if the voltage has to pass through your homes devices and wiring in order to get to the emp shield device, where it can then be shunted to ground? Remember, the voltage won't only be coming from the grid connection, but also from every bit of wiring inside your home.

Even in the comment section, the only answer given to anyone who's skeptical is "watch the vid. In an hour you'll have the answer". Then they should at least post a vid that's easy to watch. Watching that for an hour is self inflicted torture.

Edited to add: where in the vid does it explain how the one designed for cars shunts the over voltage to ground? Are cars even ground-able? Does it shunt the over voltage from an emp into your car's battery?

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Thanks for posting that, but it's virtually unwatchable due to the out of sync audio, but I suffered through enough of it to understand that it still only protects from current coming into your home from the grid. (it's a fancy surge protector)

8:55 he talks of protecting your home by shunting to ground the voltage coming into your home.

Where in the vid does he answer how it protects from over voltage that's already in your home?

If the voltage has to get to the emp shield in order for it work, how does it protect your stuff if the voltage has to pass through your homes devices and wiring in order to get to the emp shield device, where it can then be shunted to ground? Remember, the voltage won't only be coming from the grid connection, but also from every bit of wiring inside your home.

Even in the comment section, the only answer given to anyone who's skeptical is "watch the vid. In an hour you'll have the answer". Then they should at least post a vid that's easy to watch. Watching that for an hour is self inflicted torture.

Edited to add: where in the vid does it explain how the one designed for cars shunts the over voltage to ground? Are cars even ground-able? Does it shunt the over voltage from an emp into your car's battery?
They did cover the autos in the video. I don't pretend to understand it but something about grounding the EMP blast to the auto frame or body. From what i understand EMP won't fry out a line of wire just because it's a wire, other factors are in play when it damage your auto's system. So the fact that the car is not plugged into anything and EMP hits it from the sky does not mean your system is fried out or that it cannot be shielded with something like what they are selling.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They did cover the autos in the video. I don't pretend to understand it but something about grounding the EMP blast to the auto frame or body.
Can you give the time in the vid they specifically address how it works?
....grounding the emp blast into the frame sends it directly to your 12v battery. Go hook up your homes 110 current to your car battery. See what happens.

From what i understand EMP won't fry out a line of wire just because it's a wire,
What about all the little micro wires in all our electronic devices and their integrated circuits? Can they survive that type of voltage? Doubtful.

So the fact that the war is not plugged into anything and EMP hits it from the sky does not mean your system is fried out or that it cannot be shielded with something like what they are selling.
My understanding is that the emp fry's the circuitry in the electronics themselves. If the current starts there, how does a device attached somewhere else protect the electronics that the voltage is already inside of?
....but the only way we'll really know if it can in fact work, is after the emp. If it works, great. However, what are ya gonna do if you find that it didn't work as advertised?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
There it is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The valid concerns brought up by several guys here are real.

A surge protector can be a neato thing to protect your computer from an incoming voltage spike traveling through the wires to your house.

But it ain't an EMP protector. When an EMP hits, the wires (all of them wherever they are of whatever size) all are suddenly drenched with energy that has to go somewhere.

Simple as that.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I just bought a propane detector for my motorhome. It cost about $55 online. There were cheaper brands out there. There is actually one for about $15 on eBay and Amazon which researchers have pulled apart and found that it is nothing more than a battery connected to some circuitry that produces a green light which tells the user that everything is "ok". There is no detection of propane whatsoever, yet it continues to be sold and I presume the sellers are shielded from any lawsuits by being located in China.

I see this as being a similar thing. Nobody will ever collect on any warranty or guarantees from the company.

bb
Any propane or natural gas dispensed to consumers has the added chemical mercaptan giving it the distinctive rotten egg smell. So basically you're wearing a detector on your face. The added mercaptan can easily be detected with the average nose at about 1/5 the gas/air mix needed for ignition.

Of course nothing is idiot proof. I had a tenant (student) call one time about a gas odor near her kitchen range. Got there to check it out and discovered that she had a candle lit nearby to cover up the smell...

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Statements in the video:

At 2:55, EMP peaks in 5 nanoseconds, is over in 1 microsecond.
At 4:30, mil spec call for shunting 5000 amps to ground in 20 nanoseconds.
At 4:55, their device shunts 5000 amps to ground in 1/2 nanosecond.
At 8:15, restatement that the device shunts to ground in under a nanosecond.

At 7:56, the device was tested with the main panel (and the device) 250' from the grounding point (a ground rod, I assume).

Question, since the propagation delay for 250' of wire is about 500 nanoseconds, how does the device shunt the current to ground in under 20 nanoseconds (the mil spec value)?

Vlad The Impaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Can you give the time in the vid they specifically address how it works?
....grounding the emp blast into the frame sends it directly to your 12v battery. Go hook up your homes 110 current to your car battery. See what happens.

What about all the little micro wires in all our electronic devices and their integrated circuits? Can they survive that type of voltage? Doubtful.

My understanding is that the emp fry's the circuitry in the electronics themselves. If the current starts there, how does a device attached somewhere else protect the electronics that the voltage is already inside of?
....but the only way we'll really know if it can in fact work, is after the emp. If it works, great. However, what are ya gonna do if you find that it didn't work as advertised?
When it hits your car and you have the device installed, you asked where all that EMP is going to go. They told me it all runs around the circuitry and ends up in the unit where it is handled. t seems to me they have created in the device a unit that acts as a ground.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Statements in the video:

At 2:55, EMP peaks in 5 nanoseconds, is over in 1 microsecond.
At 4:30, mil spec call for shunting 5000 amps to ground in 20 nanoseconds.
At 4:55, their device shunts 5000 amps to ground in 1/2 nanosecond.
At 8:15, restatement that the device shunts to ground in under a nanosecond.

At 7:56, the device was tested with the main panel (and the device) 250' from the grounding point (a ground rod, I assume).

Question, since the propagation delay for 250' of wire is about 500 nanoseconds, how does the device shunt the current to ground in under 20 nanoseconds (the mil spec value)?
Excellent observation of "OOOPS!"

But there is another biggie: "EMP peaks in 5 nanoseconds, is over in 1 microsecond" <-- There should be an "If..." to start that sentence.

The Carrington Event lasted for a tad more than nanoseconds. Change that time interval to 2,880,000,000,000 times LONGER. <-- That is two days.

The recorded data show the EMP hit "with the energy of 10 billion atomic bombs".
https://www.history.com/news/a-perfect-solar-superstorm-the-1859-carrington-event

The energy from EMP can (wait, WAS) enough to excite the INK on telegraph paper enough to set the paper on fire. <-- Read the info in the above link.