• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Fire breaks out at Notre Dame cathedral

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
sure it did... just spontaneous....

Fire breaks out at Notre Dame cathedral
Monday 15 April 2019 18:33, UK

Image:Notre Dame cathedral is on fire. Pic: Twitter/ Shiv Malik

A fire has broken out at the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.

Plumes of smoke poured from one of the historic landmark's steeples, as flames leapt out besides its two bell
towers, according to a witness.

A city hall spokesman said the area was being cleared, while the fire department added a major operation was under way.

Image:Smoke could be seen billowing from one of the steeples. Pic: Twitter/trafalghar

It was not immediately clear what caused the fire.

France media reported that police were treating the incident as an accident.

The cathedral dates back to the 12th century and is famous for featuring in Victor Hugo's classic novel the
Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

It attracts millions of tourists every year.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

negative1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
No room for Christianity in the coming world.

“BREAKING: The NotreDame Cathedral is on fire. The official cause is unknown, but the fire comes after several weeks of vandalism and arson attacks on church buildings across France.“

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
My son and his class got to go through it a few weeks ago. So sad.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
They started building it in 1160. Jesus Christ.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
They started building it in 1160. Jesus Christ.
How much more ... how much longer ... before someone with some balls will say the "M" word in Europe ...

This is how castles get stormed. I don't know how Macron can even show his face.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
What’s the M word?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
As tragic as this is, shit needs to be destroyed and people need to die for the world to have any hope of recovering from the mess we're in. It's going to take more than memes and internet discussion forums to get the people up off their couches.

Of course I'm not supporting any of this destruction. The Church of Notre Dame is gone forever, like the WTC towers. What men create, other men destroy....good and bad! It is what it is and we can only hope that the good guys come out on top!

Last edited:

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
What a marvelous structure. Didn't realize there was that much wood in the building to burn. A crying shame to see it go up. My first thought was a muslim attack but they have been doing some work to the building with scaffolds all around it. Construction fires are very common. We will know soon enough I suppose.

Saw it this last May and stayed in a hotel about a block from there. Spent an hour or so going through 'Our Lady', and another hour out front in complete awe. I'm not a religious person but for a couple of hours then, I was deeply so.

Sad.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Muslim ... or your question was rhetorical ?
No. Just wasn’t aware what angle you were coming from.

Are they saying this was an attack?

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
What’s the M word?
In all fairness, given D-FENZ post, I'll withdraw my first response and wait till someone offers up something factual ... as if there's a news source anywhere in the EU that will actually provide facts ...

My first thought was a muslim attack but they have been doing some work to the building with scaffolds all around it. Construction fires are very common. We will know soon enough I suppose.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The media is reporting it as construction, but I don't believe the media and would not put it past the muzzies to burn it down. Have not heard much from them since ISIS went down.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Only the fickle finger of fate saved most of Paris' stunning architectural treasures- including Notre Dame itself- at the end of the Nazi occupation during WW2. Most of the antiquities including all of the bridges and prominent buildings in Paris were wired and set for detonation under strict orders of Adolph Hitler to "not leave Paris until it is rubble". Dietrich von Choltitz, the Commander and Governor of Nazi occupied Paris and lover of its history risked his own life defying the order because he could not and would not do it. He instead turned the intact city over to the 'Free French'.

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
What a marvelous structure. Didn't realize there was that much wood in the building to burn. A crying shame to see it go up. My first thought was a muslim attack but they have been doing some work to the building with scaffolds all around it. Construction fires are very common. We will know soon enough I suppose.

Saw it this last May and stayed in a hotel about a block from there. Spent an hour or so going through 'Our Lady', and another hour out front in complete awe. I'm not a religious person but for a couple of hours then, I was deeply so.

Sad.
Yes, huge amount of scaffolding etc.
Coulda been a guy operating without a proper burn ( welding ) permit,
Some bad wiring and the circuit never opened,
anything.
We will see.
IF there is anything left to investigate.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
800+ years old, 200 years to complete, less than a few hours to destroy. Sad to see this historic structure reduced to ash...

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
The media is reporting it as construction, but I don't believe the media and would not put it past the muzzies to burn it down. Have not heard much from them since ISIS went down.
out of context by people speculating here or apologizing for it

some want to immediately declare construction fire? Sure thing, but that doesn't wash with all the other 'incidents' at other places of worship in the recent past. Context.

Or were those all construction fires too?

Me? I am going to wait and see, and damn sure am not going to listen to the media narrative.

Like that narrative about 'somebody did something' on 911, 7 little ragheads, heroically taking over massive jets, then flying them spot on like pilots of 20 years, and boom, buildings all fall down........

yeah, I am going to get right on absorbing the media take on this

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Saying construction, but seeing as how the holiest of weeks is upon us, it makes you wonder.
There are no coincidences!!

These brown skinned fellows below seem quite satisfied with how things are unfolding.

1555361398266.png

Get used to it France, the people of the UK are already and they seem quite happy with where they ended up!

1555361622013.png

Last edited:

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I wonder how many years construction has been going on in that magnificent structure without a single broken window, scuffed floor, damaged wall ....

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
huge hint there,

rebuild in a manner consistent with our modern diverse nation............

too funny, that statement says a LOT

Anger as France sees 10 Catholic churches attacked in ONE week - 'God will forgive, NOT ME
A SEVEN day spree of vandalism has seen Catholic churches targeted across France sparking fears of a fresh wave of anti-Christian sentiment in the country, including one church being defiled with human EXCREMENT.

At least 10 incidents of vandalism and desecration of Catholic churches have been reported across the Channel since the beginning of February. French Roman-Catholic newspaper La Croix International reported how the attacks on churches took place across France. Senseless acts included the desecration of altars, the defacing of Christ on the cross and in an extreme case, human excrement being spread across the walls of a holy place of worship.

According to the outlet, one of the first attacks was on February 4 at St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Houilles, Yvelines, where a statue of the Virgin Mary was found smashed on the ground.
The same church also had the altar cross thrown to the ground and the celebrant’s chair was damaged.
On February 5, an altar cloth was found burnt and crosses and statues torn down or disfigured at the recently refurbished Saint-Alain Cathedral in Lavaur, in south-central France.

The fire was found early by a parish secretary and did not spread - but the altar and adjacent walls were badly damaged by smoke.

A spate of Catholic churched were vandalised in just seven days across France (Image: N/C)
Following the incident, local district deputy Jean Terlier said in a statement: “I strongly condemn the vandalism of Lavaur Cathedral and I share the outrage aroused by this intolerable act.”
And Lavaur city mayor Bernard Canyon said: “God will forgive. Not me.”
On February 6, just a day after the Saint-Alain Cathedral incident, vandals at Notre-Dame des Enfants (Our Lady of the Children) church in Nimes broke into the tabernacle and scattered altar hosts on the ground.
According to local news reports, the vandals also drew a cross on the wall with human excrement and damaged other religious items in the church
Christian persecution has grown 'extreme' in India says expert

Bishop Robert Wattebled of Nimes said of the senseless attack: “This greatly affects our diocesan community.”
“The sign of the cross and the Blessed Sacrament have been the subject of serious injurious actions.”
“This act of profanation hurts us all in our deepest convictions.”
Day later, on February 9, a similar attack occurred at the Church of Notre-Dame de Dijon, Côte-d'Or, about 175 miles south-east of Paris.

Catholic churches in Nimes, Houilles and Lavaur were among those targeted by vandals (Image: N/C)
The tabernacle was opened and the Eucharist scattered, while the altar cloth was soiled and a sacred missal was torn.
According to La Bien Public, Notre-Dame Father Emmanuel Pic believed the vandals wanted to show anger towards the “heart of the Catholic faith” as nothing of monetary value was stolen.
Father Pic said: “Nothing of value has been broken, but it is the intent that is very shocking. This is what characterizes profanity.”
And on February 10, St Nicolas in Houilles was subjected to another attack six days after the first mindless act of vandalism.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...h-christianity-religion-edouard-phillipe-isis

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
My first thought was a muslim attack but they have been doing some work to the building with scaffolds all around it. Construction fires are very common.
A true statement. Adding to it, the construction work would also make it easier for an unauthorized person to gain access to a vulnerable area of the building.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Monuments claim territory. Destroying Monuments claims territory. Claiming territory determines who makes the rules.

FRANCE JAILS 'JIHADIST' WOMAN (22) ACCUSED OVER FOILED TERROR ATTACK IN PARIS (NOTRE DAME)
10:46 PM , Friday April 12, 2019

Madani was jailed for encouraging would-be jihadists to go to Syria and participate in attacks against France.

Ines Madina is one of three women allegedly involved in a foiled plot in 2016 to blow up a car packed with gas canisters near the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris Ines Madina is one of three women allegedly involved in a foiled plot in 2016 to blow up a car packed with gas canisters near the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris

ONE OF THREE women allegedly involved in a foiled plot in 2016 to blow up a car packed with gas canisters near the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris was today sentenced to eight years in prison by a French court for earlier offences.

Ines Madani, 22, was sentenced following a three-day trial during which she was accused of encouraging would-be jihadists to go to Syria and participate in attacks against France between March 2015 and June 2016.

She used Telegram – an encrypted messaging app widely used by jihadists to communicate.

Judge Isabelle Prevost-Desprez said that Madani was “recruited” by Oumar Diaw, also known as Abou Barrou, an influential jihadist of the Islamic State group.

She used different pseudonyms on social networks, pretending for example to be Abu Souleymane, a jihadist returned from Raqa to carry out attacks in France.

“You had some autonomy in the management of your personality…. Your determination marks your dangerousness,” Prevost-Desprez said.

Madani’s lawyer, Laurent Pasquet-Marinacce, said her client, aged 18 at the time, was “a girl in search of recognition and love”.

“This (the sentence) is an acceptable decision,” she said.

Madani’s trial for trying to set fire to the car filled with six gas cylinders near Notre Dame will begin on 23 September.

https://news.yahoo.com/france-jails...yb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Very sad.

I doubt they will find the "real" culprits...
1179250[1].jpg

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
This is a terrible loss.

Destruction of world heritage sites, monuments, revision of history, theft of antiquities, pillaging of museums - I'll speculate it is more the beginning than the end of it.

Even the Alamo is under attack - San Antonio has hired a Mexico City architectural firm to re-envision Alamo Plaza - oh, the irony.

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
out of context by people speculating here or apologizing for it

some want to immediately declare construction fire? Sure thing, but that doesn't wash with all the other 'incidents' at other places of worship in the recent past. Context.

Or were those all construction fires too?

Me? I am going to wait and see, and damn sure am not going to listen to the media narrative.

Like that narrative about 'somebody did something' on 911, 7 little ragheads, heroically taking over massive jets, then flying them spot on like pilots of 20 years, and boom, buildings all fall down........

yeah, I am going to get right on absorbing the media take on this
Traumatized here at first. Farq.
Families spent generations laboring there.
Generations, Ken Follet style.
Awaiting some news, if any,
from a specialty consultant over there.
Still not listening to it ( Media ) on purpose.
Only saw a few pics so far and a 20 second clip of the tower fall.
Got sick to my stomach.
Been on a few older renos but only for 300 to 400 old stuff...not 1000.
We figured at the rock factory for a bit,
Then.
We said...yup...
Another shite storm.
And y know what ?
Doesn t really matter does it ?
G O N E
And
We will never know.
Another FUBAR.
The way they been burning ething from Sweden to Beirut and looting and blowing up , don t forget bull dozering, and rocket shelling double thousand year old stuff in the ME....
Nothing will surprise me at this point.
Sad and sadder.
We will see....and no we wont unless they.had video strung ewhere like on some of those renos and it got saved AND copied by someone.
Ehhh....back later.
And Macron statement.is B.S.