• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Firearms, ammo, powder, primers and GOLD.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Reaction score
Gold naysayers listen up....none here I know, but inspiration to Goldbugs. My favorite gunshop owner of 15 years gives me a call today, it went like this: Hello 917601, yeah XXX, great to hear from you....I am calling because I am closing down my shop, I have been advised by my ammo distributors that we are out of everything, powder, primers, bullets, reloading dies, etc......and can no longer obtain quantities or supply you......xxx but I regularly have ordered 1500 lbs of powder every six months or so, you said expect spotty delays, partial orders....no, we are wiped out....xxx, forever? ...Not forever, but for the forseeable future...so XXX calls me and says he has very little inventory left, sold out, he is closing shop for good, and asked do I know of anyone that has GOLD to trade for what he has left ( couple pounds of powder, a few cases of primers, a few cases of 9mm, 38/357, 5.56 crated ammo). He was selling 2 boxes of ammo only per gun sold, he is now out of guns ( but he says he can still get them) but ammo, no more. I replied I will check to see if I know anyone that has any gold coins willing to trade for ammo....

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
Gold naysayers listen up....none here I know, but inspiration to Goldbugs. My favorite gunshop owner of 15 years gives me a call today, it went like this: Hello 917601, yeah XXX, great to hear from you....I am calling because I am closing down my shop, I have been advised by my ammo distributors that we are out of everything, powder, primers, bullets, reloading dies, etc......and can no longer obtain quantities or supply you......xxx but I regularly have ordered 1500 lbs of powder every six months or so, you said expect spotty delays, partial orders....no, we are wiped out....xxx, forever? ...Not forever, but for the forseeable future...so XXX calls me and says he has very little inventory left, sold out, he is closing shop for good, and asked do I know of anyone that has GOLD to trade for what he has left ( couple pounds of powder, a few cases of primers, a few cases of 9mm, 38/357, 5.56 crated ammo). He was selling 2 boxes of ammo only per gun sold, he is now out of guns ( but he says he can still get them) but ammo, no more. I replied I will check to see if I know anyone that has any gold coins willing to trade for ammo....

I am interested in what primers he has. Have yellow will trade ! PM me.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
1500 pounds of powder every 6mo?

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Reaction score
Some clarification needed here. The point in mentioning the gun shop liquidation is he wanted only gold for payment.
So, in times when something becomes "unobtainable" ( ammo, primers, reloading supplies), the unobtainable suddenly becomes obtainable only with PMs. There are way to many gold naysayers and humbugs out there that just can't grasp the concept of PM ownership.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Reaction score
1500 pounds of powder every 6mo?
Not entirely clear, but he made certain he always had 1500 pounds on hand, topping off as needed due to the yearly demand. When Covid hit, he ran dry very quickly unable to replenish.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
So does he or does he not have ammo available?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Just use 10 silver dimes in a shotgun in place of a slug. It will blow a hole clear thru.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
About ten years ago, a good friend of mine bought a nice, 10 acre piece of property in NV, and all he had to pay was physical Au.

The seller was not interested.

He went to a coin dealer in Vegas, converted the PMs to FRNs and bought the property.

What a difference 10 years makes!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I gotta get me one of these in Palladium!

1612277105830.png

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Obviously he did not know how to use it as there was nothing about French Police Officers getting cut. stabbed, Killed on the networks.