• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

FIVE fargin days without

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My letter to the legal firm handling the mass action lawsuit against Pacific Power.
I'm thinking this fits here, as it applies to the lack of respect to the customers of one of the largest monopolies on earth - The power companies of Berkshire-Hathaway, owned by Warren Buffet.

The Malfeasance of Pacific Power

Pacific Power, a part of a huge monopoly, is guilty of putting their customers lives & lively hoods at great risk, solely for profit. The sad part is that putting their customers lives & property first, would absolutely lead to greater profits.

Pacific Power spent millions of dollars to design or purchase & install 5G meters that put many of their employees, meter readers, out of work & exposed their customers to health issues. Further Pacific Power intimidated their customer base to accept the meters or pay a ransom, of $35 per month, to retain the old meters. This is an amount few could afford, including my wife and me.

But that is not the bad part. Worse is, that Pacific Power did this INSTEAD of developing a system to detect a compromise in a power line that would/could start a fire and, therefore, PREVENT most fires.

These forest fires are preventable, with just a little bit of common sense & proper equipment. Is Pacific Power lazy or arrogant?

Another technology, very available today, at an extremely low cost, is drones. A drone, with a camera, can inspect many miles of lines for debris, in just minutes, for few dollars, allowing the line to be determined safe for energizing.

Neither of these technologies are being used to prevent forest fires. WHY ???

Does this say that Pacific Power does not care? Or does it say that they think they are above this responsibility?

Maybe even worse, is the lack of proper training and/or supervision of the line workers. Are these people being sent out to do a job without proper training, or without competent supervision, if any ? Why?

This is not their first forest fire caused by their workers. In just ONE DAY, there were four fires that came together to form one large, devastating fire, The Archie Creek Fire. FOUR fires within mere hours of each other.

How does a power company defend such incompetence ?

Pacific Power in their grandiose arrogance, has chosen to ignore the safety of their customers and their homes, lively hoods & belongings, for just a few dollars more.

My wife & I are but 2 of many that have lost 99% of their belongings, property, life history, valuables & irreplaceable treasures. WE spent the last 20 years of our lives building our final home. We had found our paradise. We had achieved tranquility & security, we thought. Until 8 Sept 2020. Pacific Power took that all from us, unapologetically !

Now we live in an RV park in an RV. We live without the comfort, security & tranquility that we had prior to 8 Sept 2020. We live with limited clothing, food & other essentials of life. We are literally camping.

Then the real tragedy, the wildlife, trees & vegetation. We had 14 resident/wild deer prior to the fire, including a mama & her 3 babies. There is only one deer in the whole area. It is one of the 3 babies. That baby deer has no mother, brother or sister, due to the fire. We also had raccoons, bear, cougar, ferrets & more. They have all perished, due to the fire.

Our pond had a large quantity of Bass. They all perished, due to the fire. Our two geese, bless their hearts, figured out how to survive. They did not have a single burnt feather.

Then there is the trees, ferns, mushrooms and other vegetation. All burned to oblivion. How does Pacific Power compensate them? It does not, cannot. The innocent victims, of a Power company out of control !

Pacific Power, you owe a lot, to many !!!

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'd love to hear Doctor Scott's experiences. Not the touristy stuff (that's okay, too) but costs, experiences with finding places to tie down for the night.

Walt? You remember. While we were arguing about gold, years ago, we were arguing about buying a motor home. You said, back when I quit my job with CSX...instead of motel living on my new and temporary jobs, just buy a motorhome.

Elsewhere I'd researched experiences with motorhomes and came to the conclusion that MOST were shoddily built; that the real tanks were converted buses. Those DO last. The most-durable are those old school-buses, built on, basically, dump-truck chasses. They ride rough, but springs can be modified.

And then, traveling in my cramped van, I discovered something else. MANY RV lots do not ALLOW vans or converted buses in. The thing has to be DOT certified as a motor home. And most RV parks, as well as National Forest sites, charge, often a LOT, for overnight accommodations.

But, right now, with the rental market crazy, the dollar market crazy, and...soon...all these RVs that are selling like mad, are gonna hit the secondary market. If I'm to buy, that will be the right time.

Like to hear the present-day experience, told by someone who's doing it.
My wife and I lived 7 years in a converted School bus. Traveled all over the US. Sold antiques on the weekends at many shows. A tip about where to stay , Almost all Walmart's will let you overnight in their parking lots. The next best place to overnight is a Church parking lot, except Catholic churches, they suck and will call the cops. Never had a Baptist, Methodist or Church of Christ deny me to stay over night.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Appreciate the halloo, but it wuz Scooter what bought one, not me. I'm stayin' in the Chateau.

The pictures are of a very similar one to Scotty's, which is still for sale right now

Hint, Hint, Casey Jones!

I'm considering one locally.

A 1976 Class C...van cutaway. A Dodge with a 318. Has 90,000 miles on it.

Photos show a well-preserved body. Up in Helena, which will make a nice outing, going to look at it.

Private sale, and $4k. That's all.

This after our local megadealer was advertising a 2005 Chevrolet Class C, for $25k...and when I got there, it wasn't there. Bait N. Switch.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
My wife and I lived 7 years in a converted School bus. Traveled all over the US. Sold antiques on the weekends at many shows. A tip about where to stay , Almost all Walmart's will let you overnight in their parking lots. The next best place to overnight is a Church parking lot, except Catholic churches, they suck and will call the cops. Never had a Baptist, Methodist or Church of Christ deny me to stay over night.
Now I'm debating whether I want to do this in my mini-panel-van, or in a real motor home.

I was calling around about other apartments, today. It's insane - a six-month-to-a-year waiting list. EVERYWHERE.

I loved this town, but what it was, it is no more. Time to move on...only question is, how.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Now I'm debating whether I want to do this in my mini-panel-van, or in a real motor home.

I was calling around about other apartments, today. It's insane - a six-month-to-a-year waiting list. EVERYWHERE.

I loved this town, but what it was, it is no more. Time to move on...only question is, how.
You'll want a full size motorhome or converted bus. You'll also want a "dinghy" a vehicle to use when the MH is parked.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Motorcycle on the back. THAT part is taken care of.