• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Flat Earth - For all the Ballers out there I have a question..

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all have seen 9/11 video of building seven falling. They told you to not trust your eyes.

There are hundreds of videos, if you search for them like the one I show below.
This has been repeated many times by many people.
Ballers will explain this with a bunch of hocus pocus that they learned from our corrupt educational system.
Show Me - No theories please I gave you a visual and want one back (no fish eye lenses please).

Still have not made up my mind but my eyes say it is flat and you can find many models on how a flat earth can work..

God Bless and Godspeed I will check in in few weeks to see if anyone has a good answer with visual confirmation..

I suspect I will piss of some people and get a lot of "not this shit again". That is what I used to say about 9/11 - your wasting time, this is ridiculous I would say, our government could not do this to many people would need to be involved. I would not look at, or believe USA Gov did it.

Going into real world and checking out of cyberspace for a while L8r Peace

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
There are hundreds of videos, if you search for them like the one I show below.
Yes, 100's of videos that purport to show something that they don't. That vid is one of 'em.

In the vid it says that the surface should be 960' below line of sight. That's about right. What that also means is that 1100' of the island should in fact be visible, and it is. Ie: in that video you are not seeing the entirety of the island from beach to mountain tops.
...and that boat is much closer to the observer than the island is.
If you compare the size of that ship to the apparent width of the island as seen from Malibu (12miles), either that's the Worlds longest boat or it's much much closer than the island is. Likely, it is about 12-16 miles out. Which would put it on the observers horizon.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Where is the official flat earth map?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Where is the official flat earth map?
Hey Muj, looks like it's definitely true about black guys...Afrika's so big it's hanging off the map!
Black Shrug.png

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
If you've ever been on a jet plane on a trip across the state or country, all you have to do is look out your window to see the curvature of the earth/ocean, which by the way does look “flat” at lower altitudes.

Also, seeing that gravity is a function of mass, people or a plumb line near the edge would have a measurable tilt.

R.

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Ever find the edge yet? No? Still tap dancing around the question?

Show. Me. The. Edge. I don't care about your shit science video.

Show the edge. Where is it.

Or will you have another stare at your shoes moment then start another shit thread

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ever find the edge yet? No? Still tap dancing around the question?

Show. Me. The. Edge. I don't care about your shit science video.

Show the edge. Where is it.

Or will you have another stare at your shoes moment then start another shit thread
Don't they claim it's on the other side of the ice wall? And the ice wall is like 8 billion miles tall?

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Just do a search for "curvature of the earth visible", you'll find your choice of videos.

Beyond all that, however, I'm curious...
How do you believe satellite-based systems work? How would satellites orbit a flat Earth?
How do you explain the visible shadow the Earth casts on the Moon during a lunar eclipse?
What does it mean to you that every other body we can observe in space is round and none are flat?
How is it that the ISS can observe all sides of the Earth and come back to where it started every hour or so without ever observing an "underneath"?

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just do a search for "curvature of the earth visible", you'll find your choice of videos.

Beyond all that, however, I'm curious...
How do you believe satellite-based systems work? How would satellites orbit a flat Earth?
How do you explain the visible shadow the Earth casts on the Moon during a lunar eclipse?
What does it mean to you that every other body we can observe in space is round and none are flat?
How is it that the ISS can observe all sides of the Earth and come back to where it started every hour or so without ever observing an "underneath"?
Because ice walls, numerology, several youtube quackers and fish eyes baby!

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If the earth is flat, what's on the other side and how is it not the same time all over the world?

Simple logic says it is at least somewhat round or ball, sphere, pear, apple shaped just because we have day and night.

OTOH, ask any West Virginian if the earth is flat or even level!

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
How can there always be daylight somewhere and yet we see the sun rise and fall to the horizon if the earth is flat?

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
I love this place but I haven't figured out if this pool of people are the most gullible individuals I know or they like to work up a number on people.
The mention of grounding yourself to the earth brought out some posters who claimed they were doing it and they felt energized.
Things like that. They seem earnest but I suspect they just like to jump on bandwagon and start cock and bull stories.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Screenshot_20180813-220002 - Edited.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Screenshot_20180813-213445 - Edited.png

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I want to put this flat earth BS to rest once and for all... I am requesting donations to finance an expedition to the earths edge. When I arrive at the edge I will take pictures/videos and will throw someone off the edge to see what happens to them. Of course I will need additional funding to strap on the scientific equipment to the person being tossed over the edge. Since this expedition will require traveling across other countries in search of the edge - I request that donations be made in gold coins as they are universally recognized and accepted for payment.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
an expedition to the earths edge
An interesting idea but I'm sure it has been tried before. My question is; how are you going to navigate the mountains that protect the edge? Every expedition to the edge seems to have gotten irretrievably lost trying to penetrate those mountains. And, if by some chance you do find your way thru the mountains you will either fall off the edge or become lost trying to return thru them.

And don't mention GPS because surely, at the edge of the world, you will be out of the range of those satellites that have to circle over the main part of the flat earth.

JMHO
:Happy:
BF

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
We can see galaxies billions of light year away but can’t find the edge of our own planet? For shame!

R.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I just get tired of the same old shit science that has no possible hold on reality.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Great thread G-khan! I have been looking into this recently and there are some amazing FACTS that don't fit the "science" narrative. There is a series of videos that discuss many of these questions and will really get people thinking if they take the time to use their own brains sans the programming we all got in schools and the various forms of programming media.

There was a flat earth conference recently in Canada with some excellent speakers. I think most of the presentations are list at Rob Skiba's channel.

Here is one answering many of the ridiculing comments in this thread.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I have been in a jet several times and at sea and have seen the curvature with my own eyes.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
I have been in a jet several times and at sea and have seen the curvature with my own eyes.
At sea level you are seeing the lensing effect of moisture in the air. Why is it that we do not have any actual photographs of the earth from outer space?

When you are at higher altitudes, you cannot see any such curve, but it should be more visible up there. Don't be fooled by fish-eyed or convex lens photos that cannot help but show a curved image.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
At sea level you are seeing the lensing effect of moisture in the air.
If he can't tell you what you are seeing, why should you get to tell him what he saw?
...and what exactly are you expecting to see when observing the Earths curvature?

Why is it that we do not have any actual photographs of the earth from outer space?
There are plenty of pics of the Earth taken from space. Just because you may choose to believe there are no pics of Earth taken from space, does not make it so.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...rZ_dAhUPUa0KHTICDUIQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=958

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
How can there always be daylight somewhere and yet we see the sun rise and fall to the horizon if the earth is flat?
Excellent question. Watch the video I posted... and the one G-kahn posted. The lens effect of a thicker atmosphere bends the light down as it enters that higher index of refraction medium. If there is a dome (firmament) around the earth, it would have to have layers in which the various light objects would be embedded. I don't know for certain because I have no way of going up there to see it. Nor can I prove the world is spherical... but your question is exactly why I have been holding out on the concept of a flat earth, until I saw a model using the lensing effect.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
If he can't tell you what you are seeing, why should you get to tell him what he saw?
...and what exactly are you expecting to see when observing the Earths curvature?
I didn't tell him what he saw... I told him what scientists are telling him what he saw. Depending on atmospheric conditions you will see varying amounts of magnification and hazing. Go to a shoreline and watch a ship sail off away from you. You see it drop below the horizon... you think. Now look thru strong binos or telescope. There it is again, even when it should be below the horizon mathematically.

There are plenty of pics of the Earth taken from space. Just because you may choose to believe there are no pics of Earth taken from space, does not make it so.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...rZ_dAhUPUa0KHTICDUIQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=958
I said photographs, not artist renderings, computer graphic images, or composite images. You will be shocked to find out they are all fake. The technology has come a long way over the last 40 years so they are getting pretty good at the fakes. But their track record still remains to be seen.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I don't know for certain because I have no way of going up there to see it.
So why you no believe anyone who has been?

To have never seen something, but to be such an expert on that thing seems highly implausible to me.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
At sea level you are seeing the lensing effect of moisture in the air.
When you are at higher altitudes, you cannot see any such curve,

I didn't tell him what he saw...
Sure read that way.

He said he's seen it several times and you responded to tell him he didn't, and why.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I said photographs, not artist renderings, computer graphic images, or composite images. You will be shocked to find out they are all fake.
They are not "all" fake or computer generated renderings. Some are in fact composites. Some are in fact assembled from data. If you understood how cameras on sats and other space craft work, you'd also understand why it is done that way.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
that is a rather primitive one, but NASA was selling pics like this in the 70s and 80s. I recall in some they were honest enough to say that they were retouched or artist rendering. But not always.
There was never a time when crap like that "pic" was ever passed off as a real photograph.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
There was never a time when crap like that "pic" was ever passed off as a real photograph.
Go take a look. It sure was. I recall in the 1980s and even into the 90s they always showed a pic of Africa. I thought they were protecting sensitive info so they showed a non-sensitive part of the world. But the size of Africa and other land masses varied depending on the time they were made.

Look at this image on NASA website, supposedly from 2017.
https://flic.kr/p/BSzapd
It supposedly shows earth and moon. Notice the sun position by the shadowing:
from moon- sun is to lower right behind camera.
from earth- sun is to left slightly behind camera.

Not a possible image if light runs straight.