• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Flat Earth - For all the Ballers out there I have a question..

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
But only the top half of the mountain is visible. :(..... If the Earth was flat I should see the base, too.
Exactly, but the flat Earthtared people will try to lead you to believe that you're actually seeing the whole mountain. That's due to the intellectual dishonesty that they employ to win the gullible and simple-minded in society to their willfully ignorant way of thinking.

Dude! Make up your mind! Is your silly space-pear spinning or not?
I already told you it's not pear shaped, but you continue to ignore me and try to project your own warped thinking onto me.

What I said is that when scaled to the same size, the Earth is both smoother and rounder than a cue ball.

I asked before, but you never answered. Do you see a cue ball as being shaped like a pear?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Why are pool tables flat when billiard balls are round!

...oh wait...that didn't fit your narrative did it? lol
There you go using intellectual dishonesty again. I didn't compare the Earth to a pool table, but rather a cue ball. Only a flart Earthtard would confuse Earth with a pool table, but you aren't one of those, are you?

I made the comparison in order to get you to understand just how round the Earth is said to be.
Do you understand how scale works?
Are you capable of imagining a spherical Earth scaled down to the size of a cue ball?
It's said that a measure of intelligence is being able to entertain a thought without agreeing to it. So even if you don't agree with it, are you intelligent enough to be able to imagine a theoretical ball-shaped Earth scaled to the size of a cue ball, or not? You either are or you aren't. It's a yes or no question.

If you are, a scaled Earth would in fact be smoother and rounder than a regulation size billiards ball is. The hills and valleys on Earth are very small relative to the overall size of the Earth. All the seemingly huge undulations of Earths surface all take place within a range of a few miles. On a ball that's nearly 8k miles wide. I've seen pears, but never one that was rounder than a cue ball. Have you?

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
When I was in the Navy, we'd see mountains "grow" as we approached from the sea. They didn't actually grow, but we could see more and more of them as we approached. Impossible on a flat earth. Plausible on a spherical earth. Just saying.

TC, I had the same experience working the Alaskan fishing fleet.
You is right crazy... too !

Some are volcanoes and I could see the smoke and/or the light of the magma reflecting against the clouds before the mountains grew into sight.
So I knew they were there before I even could see them, HOLY CRAP !
On the "other side" of earth, is where the magma comes from, aka hell right ?
Fish and submarines can go there though, yes?

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
The air in L.A. is remarkably clear today....:picture:... I can see the rim of Big Bear Lake (elev 6752') which is a little over a hundred miles away.

But only the top half of the mountain is visible. :(..... If the Earth was flat I should see the base, too.
Heck, on a clear day, you should be able to see clear across the ocean. Yet sol has never noticed the horizon and how everything disappears behind it.

He's not a flat Earther, though. He just walks like one and talks like one.

And he's not religious, you know. He just uses scripture to try to support his wacked "theories" to throw everyone off.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
He's not a flat Earther, though. He just walks like one and talks like one.
So he must be one.
...but he says he's not. He just likes their arguments.

And he's not religious, you know. He just uses scripture to try to support his wacked "theories" to throw everyone off.
If that's what his sticking point on all this stuff is, that he's looking at this from a strict Christian Fundamentalist point of view, I'm ok with that. It's his Right to believe whatever way he wants to.
I just wish he'd admit it if that's the case, rather than employing intellectual dishonesty by feigning a desire for knowledge by asking questions about things he says he does not understand, but then take to task anyone who tries answering his questions.

He should be up front and honest about his preconceived beliefs about the topic when asking the question to begin with.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
So he must be one.
...but he says he's not. He just likes their arguments.

If that's what his sticking point on all this stuff is, that he's looking at this from a strict Christian Fundamentalist point of view, I'm ok with that. It's his Right to believe whatever way he wants to.
I just wish he'd admit it if that's the case, rather than employing intellectual dishonesty by feigning a desire for knowledge by asking questions about things he says he does not understand, but then take to task anyone who tries answering his questions.

He should be up front and honest about his preconceived beliefs about the topic when asking the question to begin with.
Absolutely agree, he has every right to believe as he will. I have no objection to religious or spiritual beliefs. I have a bunch of my own spiritual beliefs. But you won't find any post of mine where I try to use those beliefs to prove or disprove some scientific theory. Only reason will do.

As you correctly point out, the problem is the hypocrisy in pretending he's trying to understand while in reality he's intending to evangelize.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
As you correctly point out, the problem is the hypocrisy in pretending he's trying to understand while in reality he's intending to evangelize.
Typical snowflake behaviour - - ask a question then throw a tantrum when you don't like the response.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I found a flat earther today, I am so thankful !
HEAD UP ASS.jpg

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
1543260137800.png
Video screen grab from a MIG 31 flight to edge-of-space at an altitude of 22 KM.
1543260196557.png
Video screen grab from a MIG 29 Fulcrum flight to Stratosphere at an altitude of 12 KM.

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
View attachment 117307 Video screen grab from a MIG 31 flight to edge-of-space at an altitude of 22 KM. View attachment 117308 Video screen grab from a MIG 29 Fulcrum flight to Stratosphere at an altitude of 12 KM.
Sorry,, those screenshots are using wide-angle (fisheye) lens which causes straight lines appear to be curved.

In reality, the leading edge of the Mig's vertical stab (the black part) is perfectly straight. But the wide-angle lens makes it appear curved, which, in reality, is not:

Now, I'm not saying the Earth is FLAT!... It's not..... But these images don't prove anything. In reality, it's very difficult to see any curvature @ 40,000 ft, but in the (fish-eye lens) image, the curvature is greatly exaggerated.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Wouldn’t we be able to see Mount Everest with a telescope from NYC if the earth is flat?

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sorry,, those screenshots are using wide-angle (fisheye) lens which causes straight lines appear to be curved.

In reality, the leading edge of the Mig's vertical stab (the black part) is perfectly straight. But the wide-angle lens makes it appear curved, which, in reality, is not:

Now, I'm not saying the Earth is FLAT!... It's not..... But these images don't prove anything. In reality, it's very difficult to see any curvature @ 40,000 ft, but in the (fish-eye lens) image, the curvature is greatly exaggerated.
Skychief is right. Because the center of the image in these examples falls on the Earth then a wide lens would distort in a way that would exaggerate Earth's curve. However, if you can find one where the center of the image is right in line with the edge of the Earth or does not fall on the Earth at all then it would be better evidence to show the curve of the Earth.

Even so, your average flat-tard would still parrot "fish eye lens" whether or not the center of the image fell in line with Earth or not. This is because the average flat-earther is intellectually dishonest and will quickly deny any evidence that goes against their fairy tail.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
There is video on youtube. Get searcher to find it. He spams that shit.

During Scott Crossfields final flight in the X-15 you can plainly see the curvature of the earth while he does a series of barrel rolls

Never forget. Without Scott Crossfield there is no X-15.

The lack of high speed research programs are still hurting everyone else to this day.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
During Scott Crossfields final flight in the X-15 you can plainly see the curvature of the earth while he does a series of barrel rolls
That curvature could be the edge of flat earth ! Just helping the flat heads, errr, ahhh, flat earthers ! :dduck::dduck::dduck:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Here, @44:00

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
OSHA has determined that no more than 4 illegals can ride my back without hand rails and safety straps

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Great proof...flat Earth. Have a great day.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Until you show me the edge and the bottom this Flat Earth stuff is pure BULLSHIT.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Until you show me the edge and the bottom this Flat Earth stuff is pure BULLSHIT.
IOW you have defined YOUR experience as residing on a round earth, while others are defining theirs as a flat experience... both very well could be correct, as the double-slit experiment says that the observers measurement, expectations, intent & definition, aka mental constructs fashion the observers world view.... if this reality is actually a mental construct and/or some kind of a simulation, the shape can be whatever the observer envisions it to be.... there is no need for edges or bottoms, or declining arcs, etc...

I find the very debate to be following along the lines of duality, flat v round, round v flat, positive v negative, etc... yet none are proposing an alternative to the models based upon duality ...

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
IOW you have defined YOUR experience as residing on a round earth, while others are defining theirs as a flat experience... both very well could be correct, as the double-slit experiment says that the observers measurement, expectations, intent & definition, aka mental constructs fashion the observers world view.... if this reality is actually a mental construct and/or some kind of a simulation, the shape can be whatever the observer envisions it to be.... there is no need for edges or bottoms, or declining arcs, etc...

I find the very debate to be following along the lines of duality, flat v round, round v flat, positive v negative, etc... yet none are proposing an alternative to the models based upon duality ...
I didn't use "Other words" my thoughts were very specific. Show me the edge and bottom or it's all bullshit. Flat means there's a top and if there's a top then there's a bottom. Show me.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
But the government is hiding the edges and bottom and created NASA to hide this from the population... ;)
Yet still end up with all their secrets about it, being exposed via youtube vids. lol

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I will take anyone that wants to go to the south pole for 80k

Pony up or shut the fuck up, retard

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I will take anyone that wants to go to the south pole for 80k
Would that price include also taking my wife Thelma, cousin Fred and aunt Lou Ellen? She's 97 and has wanted to see the South Pole all her life. Talks about it all the time. Her mobility scooter ain't too wide, so it should fit in whatever we'll be taking to get there.

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
168871.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
More on the PROOF (of a GLOBE Earth) I offered up previously

The Flat Earther's $100,000 challenge completed by MCToon.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The Flat Earther's $100,000 challenge completed by MCToon
The idiot supposedly offering the $100k is the same as all the other brain dead flat Earthtarded people. Ie: as dishonest as the day is long.
No matter how many times his challenge is completed, he'll always have some lame ass excuse as to why he can't accept any of the correct responses to his challenge.
....which is why I say "supposedly offering". Because he never had any intention of ever keeping his word. Dude prolly doesn't even have $100k

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The idiot supposedly offering the $100k is the same as all the other brain dead flat Earthtarded people. Ie: as dishonest as the day is long.
No matter how many times his challenge is completed, he'll always have some lame ass excuse as to why he can't accept any of the correct responses to his challenge.
....which is why I say "supposedly offering". Because he never had any intention of ever keeping his word. Dude prolly doesn't even have $100k
The retard is strong with the flat freaks.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Would that price include also taking my wife Thelma, cousin Fred and aunt Lou Ellen? She's 97 and has wanted to see the South Pole all her life. Talks about it all the time. Her mobility scooter ain't too wide, so it should fit in whatever we'll be taking to get there.
The tour package I took in 2004 was 40k, travel only, outfitting and survival was all on you.

The advertised average from what I have seen is around 60k which includes a nice heated arctic cat to trundle about with.

Now then, you gotta figure that whoever is paying my way. Frankly. Been there. Pretty boring really. I ain't paying my money to go back.

Now then, you want to take everybody we would need a couple of mil to lease the C141 + outfitting and support.

North Pole I got paid. You see these dumbass NASA scientists shut their helicopter off and My DART was up next for the salvage. Dumbass me in the sling for that stellar goat rope!

So, in summation, that cost includes me

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
in summation, that cost includes me
Oh, I thought you was offerin' curb service and 5 star accommodations. Aunt Lou Ellen is gonna be sooo disappointed.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
You don't think I'm footin the bill to make the Flattards look foolish, do you?!!?

Sorry, but, there is a clause in my contract. If shit goes sideways and there is survival to be done I get to be the first survivor!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
New information has just surfaced about the actual shape of the Earth. Investigators are doing all they can to probe the new findings.

1543984211319.png

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
^^^^^^^^^^^ Best post of the whole damn thread, right there.

Edited to add:....and thanks for all the thanks. Every time I get an alert that one of youse guys liked this post, it gives me the opportunity to take another look. lol
...and it'd sure be nice to plot a course through Hudson Bay and the North West Passages on that map. lol

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1544130009523.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++