• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Flat Earth - For all the Ballers out there I have a question..

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
njssug.jpeg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

How to Travel to the South Pole

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/travel-south-pole-34859.html

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1544724536842.png

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Bob, every one of the things that guy claims, are being presented out of context. IMHO, people make vids like that in order to intentionally deceive others.

He takes a quote about not currently having the tech anymore, and tries to turn it into never had the tech.

He then goes on to try to equate the ability of air to transfer heat at the bottom of the atmosphere, to that of near space conditions.

The density of a material plays a large role in how much of that heat is transferred to another object. In the upper atmosphere the air is incredibly thin and has little ability to transfer its heat to other objects.

Don't believe me? Heat your oven up to 200 degrees and the open the door and stick your arm inside it like you'd be taking a roast out of it. Did it melt your arm off? Probably not.

Now take a large pot of water and bring it to the same temperature. Drop a spoon into it. Then use your hand and arm to retrieve the spoon. What happens to your hand and arm? You got 3rd degree burns, right?

Why did the water burn, but the air in the oven at the same temperature did not? That's because the water is in much tighter contact with your flesh, which allows the transference of the waters heat into your flesh to happen much quicker.

Same difference applies when comparing the temperature of air molecules. The tighter those molecules are packed together, the quicker they transfer heat. Or conversely, absorb it if in contact with a hotter object.
....but then I kinda think you already knew all that prior to posting that vid, didn't'cha? ;)

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
So I was thinkin; the moon is how many miles away? A couple hundred thousand miles or so. And the distance from Africa to South America is what, about two thousand? Pretty easy to see huge craters on the moon at 200,000 miles with a small telescope, so why can’t you see Africa from South America with the same telescope?
It is because of gravitons. They pull the light down from the moon ok and you can see it. But the same gravitons pull the light down from Africa so it never reaches South America. There, I solved it all on my own. Do I get a Nubile prize?

BF

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
@ Flat - Tards

Earth is Not Flat { https://8ch.net/qresearch/res/4281211.html#4281568 }
Q!!mG7VJxZNCI12 Dec 2018 - 5:12:00 PM
Anonymous12 Dec 2018 - 5:10:19 PM
>>4281410

Just to shut the Flat Earthers up Q,
Is the Earth flat?

>>4281479

No.

Q
I'm not at all a flat Earther but just because someone named Q said it isn't flat doesn't really make it so!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
So I was thinkin; the moon is how many miles away? A couple hundred thousand miles or so. And the distance from Africa to South America is what, about two thousand? Pretty easy to see huge craters on the moon at 200,000 miles with a small telescope, so why can’t you see Africa from South America with the same telescope?
It is because of gravitons. They pull the light down from the moon ok and you can see it. But the same gravitons pull the light down from Africa so it never reaches South America. There, I solved it all on my own. Do I get a Nubile prize?
Hell no! No prize for you. At least not from the flattards.

They (flattards) counter your point by claiming that the Moon is only a short distance above the flat surface of Earth.
....and that it is the same size as the Sun. lol

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hell no! No prize for you. At least not from the flattards.

They (flattards) counter your point by claiming that the Moon is only a short distance above the flat surface of Earth.
....and that it is the same size as the Sun. lol
I could offer to send BF a dead chicken for a prize.

However, if BF prefers I could box up a live chicken and send it off, no guarantee it would make it there alive. Post office might ban me from shipping any future packages.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
That chicken wouldn't have died if not for the choking!

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
it is the same size as the Sun.
Sure it’s the same size as the sun, if it was larger we would have to call them apocalypses and if it was smaller we would have to call them noclipses.

BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Sure it’s the same size as the sun, if it was larger we would have to call them apocalypses and if it was smaller we would have to call them noclipses.

BF
I thought it was apocalypses & zipclipses.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

File (hide): b38520325f05dd7⋯.png (123.94 KB, 808x842, 404:421, tunnelbot1.PNG) (h) (u)

File (hide): 46ce745d359f0f7⋯.png (121.99 KB, 832x822, 416:411, tunnelbot2.PNG) (h) (u)

A nuclear-powered 'tunnelbot' to search for life on Jupiter's icy moon Europa

The group performed a concept study for a nuclear-powered "tunnelbot" that can penetrate the ice shell and reach the top of Europa's ocean while carrying devices and instruments that can be used to search for signs of life or extinct life. The bot would also evaluate the habitability of the ice shelf itself.
Between 1995 and 2003, NASA's Galileo spacecraft made several flybys of Jupiter's moon, Europa. Several findings from observations of the moon pointed to evidence of a liquid ocean beneath Europa's icy surface. The ocean, researchers believe, could harbor microbial life, or evidence of now-extinct microbial life.

While researchers generally agree on where to look – underneath the thick, planet-wide ice shell where water is in contact with a rocky core and where biochemical ingredients for life may exist – how to get there to collect samples remains a major tactical problem.

"Estimates of the thickness of the ice shell range between 2 and 30 kilometers (1.2 and 18.6 miles), and is a major barrier any lander will have to overcome in order to access areas we think have a chance of holding biosignatures representative of life on Europa," said Andrew Dombard, associate professor of earth and environmental sciences at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Dombard and his colleagues presented a possible solution to this problem at the American Geophysical Union meeting in Washington, D.C., this week: a nuclear-powered tunneling probe.

Dombard and his spouse, D'Arcy Meyer-Dombard, associate professor of earth and environmental sciences at UIC, are part of a group of scientists on the NASA Glenn Research COMPASS team, a multidisciplinary group of scientists and engineers tasked with designing technology and solutions for space exploration and science missions.

https://phys.org/news/2018-12-nuclear-powered-tunnelbot-life-jupiter-icy.html

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
I didn't use "Other words" my thoughts were very specific. Show me the edge and bottom or it's all bullshit. Flat means there's a top and if there's a top then there's a bottom. Show me.
We cannot show you the edges because we do not control NASA and we do not have the resources or governmental permission to travel Antarctica.

Now you show me valid photographs- untouched and no "artistic renderings" of the earth from 12,000 miles, 50,000 miles, 500,000 miles away. We supposedly sent probes out that did this. And we have a bunch of satellites that can show more than regional locations of earth. And tell us why NASA faked every photo from the 1970s until recent history.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We cannot show you the edges because we do not control NASA and we do not have the resources or governmental permission to travel Antarctica.

Now you show me valid photographs- untouched and no "artistic renderings" of the earth from 12,000 miles, 50,000 miles, 500,000 miles away. We supposedly sent probes out that did this. And we have a bunch of satellites that can show more than regional locations of earth. And tell us why NASA faked every photo from the 1970s until recent history.
They haven't faked as much as "airbrushed".

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1545016953819.png

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

That, in specific, is blantantly false. Previous sources have been provided.

"They won't let you go there" is just horseshit.

"NASA faked everything" just doesn't cut it in the grown up world.

Alas, I digress.

Asking for pics. What? The internet is full of pics. Which source other than NASA would you find acceptable?

Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Indian, and oh Jesus H Christ Etc......right now there are only about 500 gazillion countries with Sat and probes..........in orbits.

You do under stand how GPS works? You know. The 48 geostationary orbiting satillites that with a receiver you can plot your exact location anywhere on the GLOBE.

Show me the edge

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Alas, I digress.

Asking for pics. What? The internet is full of pics. Which source other than NASA would you find acceptable?

Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Indian, and oh Jesus H Christ Etc......right now there are only about 500 gazillion countries with Sat and probes..........in orbits.

You do under stand how GPS works? You know. The 48 geostationary orbiting satillites that with a receiver you can plot your exact location anywhere on the GLOBE.

Show me the edge
Yeah I just just posted this on this page, traveling to the south pole. https://www.goldismoney2.com/thread...i-have-a-question.193533/page-12#post-1519688

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
THE WALL?

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker

Having a small tourist base on Antarctica is not allowing free travel. Obviously you have not been there or tried to go there. Antarctica is a highly restricted place. You are more likely to get into area 51.

Alas, I digress.

Well then post some with their source. Should be quite simple for a genius like you.

I have some clues about it, and I can even spell the word: satellites.

Show me the edge
Show yourself. Show me flights over Antarctica from New Zealand to Argentina.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
A question for the flat earthers.
We are at the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year.
Then in June (21), we have the summer solstice, the longest day of the year.
How does a flat earth obtain such a condition ?

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Having a small tourist base on Antarctica is not allowing free travel.
What are you wanting to do there? Just go randomly exploring? I thought the point was to get to the actual South Pole? If so, those tour packages will get you there. Because being at the South Pole is the only way to finally prove to a flat Earther that the Earth ain't flat. Ie: a standard compass will indicate North in all directions. Therefore it would be proven that there's nowhere further South that an edge could be located at.

Also, what's going on right now wouldn't be possible on a flat Earth. The times of Sunrise/Sunset. Ie: Sunset started getting later oin Dec 8th, but Sunrise won't start getting earlier until Jan 10th.

We are at the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year.
Technically speaking, we are having the longest day right now. It's only "shortest" in terms of hours of Sunlight for the Northern Hemisphere. "Day" being one full rotation of the Earth.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Show yourself. Show me flights over Antarctica from New Zealand to Argentina.
Why would they fly over the SP? Just to go 1000 miles out of their way to show the passengers?

Flight Path.JPG

I'm sure you could charter a flight that passes right over the SP.

flat earth
give it up

BF

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Why would they fly over the SP? Just to go 1000 miles out of their way to show the passengers?

I'm sure you could charter a flight that passes right over the SP.

flat earth
give it up

BF
Obviously you can't fly over the South pole because the airplane would hit the ice wall. Duh.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
What are you wanting to do there? Just go randomly exploring? I thought the point was to get to the actual South Pole? If so, those tour packages will get you there. Because being at the South Pole is the only way to finally prove to a flat Earther that the Earth ain't flat. Ie: a standard compass will indicate North in all directions. Therefore it would be proven that there's nowhere further South that an edge could be located at.

Also, what's going on right now wouldn't be possible on a flat Earth. The times of Sunrise/Sunset. Ie: Sunset started getting later oin Dec 8th, but Sunrise won't start getting earlier until Jan 10th.
It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. No, you cannot go to the "south pole".

Technically speaking, we are having the longest day right now. It's only "shortest" in terms of hours of Sunlight for the Northern Hemisphere. "Day" being one full rotation of the Earth.
Joe King, you are the king of worthless answers. You did not address his question. Instead you did your normal quip of ignorance.

There are models of how the shorter days would work on a flat earth. It requires the sun and moon to be closer than we were taught. It also involves the effects of atmospheric lensing- bending of light. Consider the arc of a rainbow. Work out the physics of why it arcs and expand that principle.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. No, you cannot go to the "south pole".

Joe King, you are the king of worthless answers. You did not address his question. Instead you did your normal quip of ignorance.

There are models of how the shorter days would work on a flat earth. It requires the sun and moon to be closer than we were taught. It also involves the effects of atmospheric lensing- bending of light. Consider the arc of a rainbow. Work out the physics of why it arcs and expand that principle.

Overall, we're pretty good here about keeping posts friendly and not making personal attacks. It would be nice if you could keep your comments confined to arguments about the points instead of belittling posters. We don't want to turn this place into a troll farm like Twitter.

Thanks!

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Consider the arc of a rainbow. Work out the physics of why it arcs and expand that principle.
The sunlight takes a complicated path through each water droplet. It comes in the side closest to the sun, bends because the index of refraction in water is bigger than that of air. The sunlight, passing through the water droplet, bounces off the back surface of the droplet, travels back to the other side, and bends once again on its way out.

The reason why the rainbow is curved is because all the angles in the water drop have to be just right for the drop to send some sunlight to you, standing on the ground. So, with the sun behind you, only those water droplets that have the same angle formed by you, the drop, and the sun (this angle happens to be approximately 42 degrees) will contribute to the rainbow. The rainbow is curved because the set of all the raindrops that have the right angle between you, the drop, and the sun lie on a cone pointing at the sun with you at one tip. Other droplets send their light somewhere else, and if you move to a different location, new droplets are needed to make the rainbow you see in the new location.

So there's no reason that the Earth being flat or curved ought to change the shape of a rainbow.

BF

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Have you actually tried?

There are models of how the shorter days would work on a flat earth.
It's not "just" shorter or longer days I was referring to. I was referring to the fact that it takes nearly a whole Month for both Sunrise and Sunset to start both going back the other way.
Ie: for almost a Month after Sunset has already started getting later, Sunrise is still getting later too. It's not until a Month later that both contribute to lengthening daylight hours.

It works that way due to being on a curved surface of Planet whose Axial tilt is not in line with the plane of its orbit. If the Earth were flat, as the Sun moved further in a direction necessary to give more light to the Northern Hemisphere, both Sunrise and Sunset time would start going back the other way on the same day.

It requires the sun and moon to be closer than we were taught.
Yet the distance to the Sun can be proven to be much closer to 93,000,000 miles than not.

belittling posters
That's the point that lets everyone else know that they lost the debate. Belittling and name calling are used when there's nothing left to stand on, but one wants to avoid admitting that being wrong.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Have you actually tried?

It's not "just" shorter or longer days I was referring to. I was referring to the fact that it takes nearly a whole Month for both Sunrise and Sunset to start both going back the other way.
Ie: for almost a Month after Sunset has already started getting later, Sunrise is still getting later too. It's not until a Month later that both contribute to lengthening daylight hours.

It works that way due to being on a curved surface of Planet whose Axial tilt is not in line with the plane of its orbit. If the Earth were flat, as the Sun moved further in a direction necessary to give more light to the Northern Hemisphere, both Sunrise and Sunset time would start going back the other way on the same day.

Yet the distance to the Sun can be proven to be much closer to 93,000,000 miles than not.

That's the point that lets everyone else know that they lost the debate. Belittling and name calling are used when there's nothing left to stand on, but one wants to avoid admitting that being wrong.
It's amazing how we as a society have transitioned into believing that being wrong and admitting it is a sign of weakness. Sad.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
It's amazing how we as a society have transitioned into believing that being wrong and admitting it is a sign of weakness. Sad.
The weakness is in the inability of people to reason and research. This is not a debate. At least not from me. I am seeking truth and not sucking down the standard teaching from sources I have found to be liars. I am gathering information and sorting through what is proposed as information.