• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Flat Earth - For all the Ballers out there I have a question..

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
OK... here is a good one for you from NASA... released to public in 2012.
https://flic.kr/p/PCcZL1
Is this one of your non-fake pics?

Here is their explanation:

A 'Blue Marble' image of the Earth taken from the VIIRS instrument aboard NASA's Earth-observing satellite - Suomi NPP. This composite image uses a number of swaths of the Earth's surface taken on January 4, 2012. This image was released to the public on January 25, 2012.

The NPP satellite was renamed 'Suomi NPP' on January 24, 2012 to honor the late Verner E. Suomi of the University of Wisconsin.

So show me one that is not a composite, retouched or photoshop'd.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
A 'Blue Marble' image of the Earth taken from the VIIRS instrument aboard NASA's Earth-observing satellite - Suomi NPP. This composite image.....

Exactly. They openly tell you when they do this.
....and there are in fact reasons as to why "pics" are made this way. Ie: composites.

You said they hide the fact and attempt to pass them off as one-shot visible-light photos. Your own response proves that assertion wrong. What I think is going on is that you and other people look at a pic and make the assumption that it is an actual photograph.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Exactly. They openly tell you when they do this.
....and there are in fact reasons as to why "pics" are made this way. Ie: composites.

You said they hide the fact and attempt to pass them off as one-shot visible-light photos. Your own response proves that assertion wrong. What I think is going on is that you and other people look at a pic and make the assumption that it is an actual photograph.
Dude! If you want to believe things without testing them, go right ahead. There is no reason to have a composite image of the earth with satellites and craft going out of orbit far away. Show me some good pics of the earth from 400,000 miles away... 100,000 miles away. 1million miles away. No need for photoshop or composites.

As far as assuming actual photos... I have gotten a bit more skeptical than that. Unless it says that it is not a photo, one would tend to believe it is.

Just looking at one of images on NASA site with earth on horizon of moon surface, here is how they explain their artwork....

The high-resolution Narrow Angle Camera (NAC) on LRO takes black-and-white images, while the lower resolution Wide Angle Camera (WAC) takes color images, so you might wonder how we got a high-resolution picture of the Earth in color. Since the spacecraft, Earth, and moon are all in motion, we had to do some special processing to create an image that represents the view of the Earth and moon at one particular time. The final Earth image contains both WAC and NAC information. WAC provides the color, and the NAC provides high-resolution detail.

With all the expensive technology, we can't get straight photos without the WAC & NAC. Right.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How about this: find the flaw with this round earth proof.

Leave your destination and travel in a straight line for several thousand miles-

Stop and turn 90* and walk an equal distance as the first then stop again and turn 90* again

Now travel the same distance as you did the first two times and you will triangulate back to nearly exactly where you started.

This won't work on a flat surface.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Ever find the edge yet? No? Still tap dancing around the question?
Show. Me. The. Edge. I don't care about your shit science video.
Show the edge. Where is it.
Or will you have another stare at your shoes moment then start another shit thread
The edge is in Antarctica. Just try to get permission to go there and or fly over it. You cannot. Sure, small groups of "scientists" are allowed to go to the tourist bases, but not inland. Why? What are they hiding?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The edge is in Antarctica. Just try to get permission to go there and or fly over it. You cannot. Sure, small groups of "scientists" are allowed to go to the tourist bases, but not inland. Why? What are they hiding?
No edge there bud. Secret Nazi bases, ancient caverns and grand historic relics are in Antarctica.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
How about this: find the flaw with this round earth proof.

Leave your destination and travel in a straight line for several thousand miles-
Stop and turn 90* and walk an equal distance as the first then stop again and turn 90* again
Now travel the same distance as you did the first two times and you will triangulate back to nearly exactly where you started.
This won't work on a flat surface.
You smokin dope newmisty? Where in the world and how can someone walk straight several thousand miles?

Exactly how would you maintain a straight line? By compass? By gyroscope? Let's tap into the expertise of pilots and navigators - aircraft & submarines. Tell us about gyros and how they keep you going straight and level. Except, on a curved earth, staying level would shoot you off into outer space. Gyros are not subject to gravity effects.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You smokin dope newmisty? Where in the world and how can someone walk straight several thousand miles?

Exactly how would you maintain a straight line? By compass? By gyroscope? Let's tap into the expertise of pilots and navigators - aircraft & submarines. Tell us about gyros and how they keep you going straight and level. Except, on a curved earth, staying level would shoot you off into outer space. Gyros are not subject to gravity effects.
Enjoy your flat earth Spect. See you on the other side!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Great thread G-khan! I have been looking into this recently and there are some amazing FACTS that don't fit the "science" narrative. There is a series of videos that discuss many of these questions and will really get people thinking if they take the time to use their own brains sans the programming we all got in schools and the various forms of programming media.

There was a flat earth conference recently in Canada with some excellent speakers. I think most of the presentations are list at Rob Skiba's channel.

Here is one answering many of the ridiculing comments in this thread.

Jist finished watching this very interesting vid... Well worth the watch. I have reconcilled that neither model (flat or ball) is the correct model... thanks for sharing.

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
On startup, ALL gyroscopes orient themselves to the center of the Earth.

Gyroscopes use gravity for proper orientation during startup. If not allowed time to settle during startup, the gyro will tumble.

I maintained the Sperry Mk 19 gyrocompass on a US submarine [SS-567]. In "Fast Settle" mode, it could take 45 minutes to settle. Aircraft gyros are much smaller, have much less mass, so they settle in under a minute.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Jist finished watching this very interesting vid... Well worth the watch. I have reconcilled that neither model (flat or ball) is the correct model... thanks for sharing.
So what is it? Rhombus Earth? Tube Earth? Pyramid Earth?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
On startup, ALL gyroscopes orient themselves to the center of the Earth.

Gyroscopes use gravity for proper orientation during startup. If not allowed time to settle during startup, the gyro will tumble.

I maintained the Sperry Mk 19 gyrocompass on a US submarine [SS-567]. In "Fast Settle" mode, it could take 45 minutes to settle. Aircraft gyros are much smaller, have much less mass, so they settle in under a minute.
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think gravity or center of earth matter. Correct me if I am wrong.... aren't gyros independent of gravity? For example, you can set one gyro as vertical control and another as horizontal control. In fact, you would need 3 degrees ( angles) to maintain a 3-dimensional heading. Am I missing something? Or, is the 3-D accounted for in separate spindles?
I am glad you are here. The sub gyro must be an enormous instrument. I have never seen one and can only guess how it works.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
aren't gyros independent of gravity? I have never seen one and can only guess how it works.
Dafuk are YOU smoking dood!? Thinking> Posting

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Those videos, supposedly in support of the flat earth error, attempt to use suspicion, doubt and ignorance as factual arguments.
I'd appreciate anyone who believes the flat earth error to address the following (with a response, not a video):

How do you believe satellite-based systems work? How would satellites orbit a flat Earth?
How do you explain the visible shadow the Earth casts on the Moon during a lunar eclipse?
What does it mean to you that every other body we can observe in space is round and none are flat?
How is it that the ISS can observe all sides of the Earth and come back to where it started every hour or so without ever observing an "underneath"?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Those videos, supposedly in support of the flat earth error, attempt to use suspicion, doubt and ignorance as factual arguments.
I'd appreciate anyone who believes the flat earth error to address the following (with a response, not a video):

How do you believe satellite-based systems work? How would satellites orbit a flat Earth?
How do you explain the visible shadow the Earth casts on the Moon during a lunar eclipse?
What does it mean to you that every other body we can observe in space is round and none are flat?
How is it that the ISS can observe all sides of the Earth and come back to where it started every hour or so without ever observing an "underneath"?
1)Magic
2)Flatly
3)Hologram & HARRP
4)Cannot compute
5)Airbrushed pictures and an ice wall.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker

1. How do you believe satellite-based systems work? How would satellites orbit a flat Earth?
2. How do you explain the visible shadow the Earth casts on the Moon during a lunar eclipse?
3. What does it mean to you that every other body we can observe in space is round and none are flat?
4. How is it that the ISS can observe all sides of the Earth and come back to where it started every hour or so without ever observing an "underneath"?
It is very easy to believe a globular universe with all the pictures, videos, movies, school programming, ridicule in the face of not accepting it, etc. What I have found, however, is that the real thinking people are not afraid to question things and the mind-numbed populace just march on in the same paths. I am just waking up to this and NO, it is not suspicion that supports a flat earth concept but these things: biblical wording is clear for a two dimension general earth, to have a spinning globe moving the circumference of the earth in 24 hours would seem to be alot more force than gravity would hold back, we can document factually the visibility of things on the earth and seas that should not be visible is the world had a curve. Further, I cannot prove what is spoon-fed by NASA or governments so all of that must be taken on faith- blind faith.

1. I don't know what you mean by satellite-based systems. Remember when the Chinese Heavenly Palace re-entered? We all watched a fake computer algorithm thinking it was a real tracking of the system. I have seen things flying over head and anyone can see them on a clear sky evening or pre-morning. Something is up there and I couldn't explain on a flat earth how that works.

2. Shadow of the moon appears to be just that- a shadow. The real question is why is the shadow so small compared with a moon that is so much larger, and the sun supposed 93 million miles away providing essentially an infinite distance light source? I can get there should be some diffraction around the edges of the moon.

3. I puzzled with this and have looked at things with my own telescope. What I don't know is their real size and distance. Without the tools and honest reporting of those who have the tools, I have to hold my judgment. What if we are really looking through a glass wall and into a water environment? Or, if there were layers in that glass wall containing what we call the universe- but it is miniature?

4. I think that in a flat earth environment, the ISS or any other satellites would circle the surface of the earth... never "going underneath". What is called circling the globe might just be a circling above the earth in a hoola-hoop fashion. Consider the satellites doing gravity studies around the world and finding discrepancies- some places higher gravity than others. True? I don't know. But just having a study is an interesting concept.

Why did the US and Russia shoot nukes up to the edge or just beyond our atmosphere? What were they trying to blow up? Why the enormous and militaristic clamp-down on travel to Antarctica? Who were the founders and controllers of NASA?

Last edited:

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think gravity or center of earth matter. Correct me if I am wrong.... aren't gyros independent of gravity? .
Yes and no. (sorry) Once brought up to speed and "settled", a gyroscope can function just fine in zero-G.

But it must be started on Earth to establish a point of reference.

Aircraft gyros DO use gravity to indicate an artificial horizon (attitude direction indicator). When fuctioning properly, they always know which way is "down" (the gravitational center of the Earth) because the bottom of the gyro is weighted.

When a plane flies in a straight line and doesn't change attitude (pitch up or down) it will follow the curvature of the Earth so the artificial horizon will always indicate the plane is upright, even though it departed Vancouver and landed in Sidney!

The sub gyro must be an enormous instrument.
It is massive.

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/exper...-02-48-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

It's quite easy. All pictures and live weather satellite imagery of the "spherical" world are being generated by computer algorithms in real time in order to perpetuate the spherical earth story. Sure, it would be just easy to announce that the world is really flat, but the illuminati have, for reasons we normal people cannot grasp, perpetuated this obviously false spherical earth "story".

For the record, their scam is so detailed that when I flew on a Delta 727 a decade back and we went to 42,000 feet, I saw what appeared to be the curvature of the Earth from that height. Little did I know, but that was actually a computer generated simulation that was projected onto every window of that airliner.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Reading up on gyros, I saw in maritime use there is a mercury tube/ reservoir system for adding correction of gravity to a gyro. This might be what is used in the subs. Just storing away bits of info.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Egg-Zachary!

Seriously, this is like arguing about the existence of the Easter Bunny, or whether there are monsters in the closet.
They say it can't be fixed. I believe that.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
It's a Nazi Sextant, used by Ilsa the SS She-Wolf, to smuggle Hitler to Antarctica.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Can you provide a direct link to a NASA website that displays that exact image? The reason I ask for that is because I believe it to be a fake pic that has been edited to show something the original does not. If you look here, you can see what appears to be the original. IMO someone edited the pic by cropping it and adding a fake looking Earth in order to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

Here is a copy of the original one can purchase. If you scroll your mouse over the image it gives an enlarged view. IMHO, it's the same pic dude, minus the Earth that was added by someone to dupe people.
...but you can prove my assertion wrong by posting a direct link to that exact pic on a NASA site that says it is an original pic.

Dude! If you want to believe things without testing them, go right ahead.
What have you tested?

Or, is the 3-D accounted for in separate spindles?
Yes. Sometimes even four.

....upon the thinking of those who are already skeptical of everything and those who don't really have a good understanding of this stuff to begin with.

Why did the US and Russia shoot nukes up to the edge or just beyond our atmosphere? What were they trying to blow up?
In order to see the effects of it. They weren't trying to blow anything up. They were experimenting with a new technology.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Can you provide a direct link to a NASA website that displays that exact image? The reason I ask for that is because I believe it to be a fake pic that has been edited to show something the original does not. If you look here, you can see what appears to be the original. IMO someone edited the pic by cropping it and adding a fake looking Earth in order to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

Here is a copy of the original one can purchase. If you scroll your mouse over the image it gives an enlarged view. IMHO, it's the same pic dude, minus the Earth that was added by someone to dupe people.
...but you can prove my assertion wrong by posting a direct link to that exact pic on a NASA site that says it is an original pic.

What have you tested?

Yes. Sometimes even four.

....upon the thinking of those who are already skeptical of everything and those who don't really have a good understanding of this stuff to begin with.

In order to see the effects of it. They weren't trying to blow anything up. They were experimenting with a new technology.
Your level of patience is astounding!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Your level of patience is astounding!
Thank you. It only took a few minutes of looking to find that pic. That is a common trick in the "flat Earth" "fake Moon landing" community. Ie: someone(s) within it likes to doctor pics in order to fool people. This is but one case of it.
...but in the end I'm just trying to help people. It's what I do.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thank you. It only took a few minutes of looking to find that pic. That is a common trick in the "flat Earth" "fake Moon landing" community. Ie: someone(s) within it likes to doctor pics in order to fool people. This is but one case of it.
...but in the end I'm just trying to help people. It's what I do.
But they obviously don't want help, they want corroboration of a flat Earth come hell or high water. Look how it responded to my triangulation proof.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Look at this image on NASA website, supposedly from 2017.
The reason that the Moon and Earth look the way they do, is because of the angle each is being viewed at. Ie: we are seeing one of them more face-on and the other is at a bit of an angle relative to the direction of the Sunlight. What gives it away is the fact that the pic was taken during a Waxing Crescent phase of the Moon. That means the Moon is off center to the right, from a straight line between the Sun and the Earth.

I think that you are assuming it's a First Quarter phase and the Sat is located between the Sun and the Earth/Moon with both being equally illuminated by the Sun as seen from the camera eye. It wasn't.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I don't see how a sextant has anything to do with the discussion. Please explain.
As for the pic, I would love to have one of those.
You must live in Kansas! A sextant is used for navigation bases on the earth moving in space, a spherical earth, by the way.

Ever seen how this thing works? Also based on a spherical earth rotation in the universe.
2520.jpg

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I have wondered for awhile now why this flat earth theory stuff persists. Why doesn't it just die off for lack of reasonable evidence? I have a theory about the persistence of flat eartherism. Here goes, it's a really simple theory and doesn't take a lot of explanation, really. I think this flat earth stuff persists for one simple reason; we have been lied to so often, for so long, about so many things by so many people with so-called authority, that a lot of people just don't know what to believe anymore. The lies are so pervasive and in your face, too. You can look at something real with your own two eyes and see it for yourself, the reality of it, the truth of it and even so, someone with "authority" will come along on tv, mostly, the ultimate programming /reprogramming tool, and tell you "Do not believe what you have seen. Do not trust your own eyes. Do not trust your own minds. We are the ultimate arbiters of reality and we will tell you what you have seen and what to believe about it and what it means." This phenomenon is known as gaslighting, as I'm sure all of you know. It has become so pervasive and common that people's perceptions of what is real and not real are nearly completely undermined. They have lost their intellectual anchorage, so to speak and just don't know how to observe the universe, determine truth and reality and, most importantly, who and what to believe anymore. Therefore a simple thing that was determined scientifically centuries ago by very intelligent scientific minds and has been confirmed and reconfirmed countless times in the past several centuries by many other scientific minds, using observation logic and reason, now is uncertain in many people's minds. It doesn't help that many contemporary scientists have sold out their integrity and have politicized their field for the sake of ideological agendas. It has completely undermined the credibility of authority everywhere and nobody can even believe the most simple things anymore.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I said photographs, not artist renderings, computer graphic images, or composite images. You will be shocked to find out they are all fake. The technology has come a long way over the last 40 years so they are getting pretty good at the fakes. But their track record still remains to be seen.
Went looking for old photos of earth from space and found this one:

1947 V2 Picture.jpg
The first picture of Earth from space was taken in 1946 aboard a V-2 rocket, but it was grainy and barely recognizable as Earth. This photo, the first to be taken from 100 miles above Earth, was taken in 1947. (Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory) Smithsonian

Almost as old as me, but, since it's from .gov it will probably be dismissed as 'photoshopped' <grin>

BF