• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Flat Earth - For all the Ballers out there I have a question..

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Oh shit. We live on the top cover of a 1970's game box. I knew it all along!

It could be worse than that, upon the appropriate amount of thought on the subject........what if.......we are actually on a puzzle box......of the earth. Hoping like hell a cat doesn't pee on it or a mouse eats a hole in it. Or.

WE are living on the puzzle itself and a child's mother is about to discover that we have a piece missing and it's in the trash with us?

Now I'm really worried!

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Oh shit. We live on the top cover of a 1970's game box. I knew it all along!

It could be worse than that, upon the appropriate amount of thought on the subject........what if.......we are actually on a puzzle box......of the earth. Hoping like hell a cat doesn't pee on it or a mouse eats a hole in it. Or.

WE are living on the puzzle itself and a child's mother is about to discover that we have a piece missing and it's in the trash with us?

Now I'm really worried!
Dave? Are you ok, dave? you been hangin with hammerhead? You sound a bit hammered.
:Happy:
BF

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
I have wondered for awhile now why this flat earth theory stuff persists. Why doesn't it just die off for lack of reasonable evidence? I have a theory about the persistence of flat eartherism. Here goes, it's a really simple theory and doesn't take a lot of explanation, really. I think this flat earth stuff persists for one simple reason; we have been lied to so often, for so long, about so many things by so many people with so-called authority, that a lot of people just don't know what to believe anymore. The lies are so pervasive and in your face, too. You can look at something real with your own two eyes and see it for yourself, the reality of it, the truth of it and even so, someone with "authority" will come along on tv, mostly, the ultimate programming /reprogramming tool, and tell you "Do not believe what you have seen. Do not trust your own eyes. Do not trust your own minds. We are the ultimate arbiters of reality and we will tell you what you have seen and what to believe about it and what it means." This phenomenon is known as gaslighting, as I'm sure all of you know. It has become so pervasive and common that people's perceptions of what is real and not real are nearly completely undermined. They have lost their intellectual anchorage, so to speak and just don't know how to observe the universe, determine truth and reality and, most importantly, who and what to believe anymore. Therefore a simple thing that was determined scientifically centuries ago by very intelligent scientific minds and has been confirmed and reconfirmed countless times in the past several centuries by many other scientific minds, using observation logic and reason, now is uncertain in many people's minds. It doesn't help that many contemporary scientists have sold out their integrity and have politicized their field for the sake of ideological agendas. It has completely undermined the credibility of authority everywhere and nobody can even believe the most simple things anymore.
In some cases, irrational skepticism may indeed be a root cause. In many other cases, it's a product of religious dogma and fundamentalism. You'll find many, but not all "flat-earthers" also cling to the idea that the Earth is 6,000 years old and that evolution is a hoax.

The fact that the Earth is round has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt; the key word being "reasonable". Reasonable means supported by or within the bounds of reason, aka "common sense". Reason is the only legitimate, objective standard.

Science is not some mysterious, inaccessible religion that can be manipulated by obscure "evil groups".
Science is based on the Scientific Method, which is itself based on repeatable, verifiable experiments, on observation, reasoning and testing various hypotheses to acquire empirical knowledge. Which part of that should we be suspicious of?

There are centuries of reasonable, scientific evidence supporting the knowledge that the Earth is round.

What reasonable evidence is there that the Earth is flat?

None.

Why do these NASA people keep putting out obviously faked programs then? That's what I never understood. There is so much data out there compiling the fakery it's unavoidable.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Spectrism, you provided a thoughtful, respectful response, so I'll try to respond in kind.

It is very easy to believe a globular universe with all the pictures, videos, movies, school programming, ridicule in the face of not accepting it, etc. What I have found, however, is that the real thinking people are not afraid to question things and the mind-numbed populace just march on in the same paths. I am just waking up to this and NO, it is not suspicion that supports a flat earth concept but these things: biblical wording is clear for a two dimension general earth, to have a spinning globe moving the circumference of the earth in 24 hours would seem to be alot more force than gravity would hold back, we can document factually the visibility of things on the earth and seas that should not be visible is the world had a curve. Further, I cannot prove what is spoon-fed by NASA or governments so all of that must be taken on faith- blind faith.
If anyone appreciates the value of thinking and questioning generally held assumptions you can count on me to do that. But you'll also find I'm a proponent of reason, as thinking would imply.

You say you can't prove what NASA says and can't take it on blind faith. All faith is blind. If the Bible says the Earth is flat, that's not at all a reasonable argument. It doesn't equal thinking or questioning long held beliefs. If anything, it's a proposition that religious dogma, rather than thinking and reasoning, should be our basis to believe or question anything.

1. I don't know what you mean by satellite-based systems. Remember when the Chinese Heavenly Palace re-entered? We all watched a fake computer algorithm thinking it was a real tracking of the system. I have seen things flying over head and anyone can see them on a clear sky evening or pre-morning. Something is up there and I couldn't explain on a flat earth how that works.
I mean your cell phone, the internet, weather satellites, defense systems, etc. They all function properly because the Earth is round and satellites can go into orbit at a certain speed. It's really not that complicated.

2. Shadow of the moon appears to be just that- a shadow. The real question is why is the shadow so small compared with a moon that is so much larger, and the sun supposed 93 million miles away providing essentially an infinite distance light source? I can get there should be some diffraction around the edges of the moon.
I'm not talking about the Moon's shadow. I'm talking about the Earth's shadow, which is periodically cast onto the lunar surface and reveals a spherical shape. How do you explain that?

3. I puzzled with this and have looked at things with my own telescope. What I don't know is their real size and distance. Without the tools and honest reporting of those who have the tools, I have to hold my judgment. What if we are really looking through a glass wall and into a water environment? Or, if there were layers in that glass wall containing what we call the universe- but it is miniature?
Really? So now we're going to go back to believing in a geocentric universe as well? Are we going to believe the flat Earth is surrounded by glass spheres where the planets, stars and galaxies are painted? Are we on the back of some giant tortoise, too?

4. I think that in a flat earth environment, the ISS or any other satellites would circle the surface of the earth... never "going underneath". What is called circling the globe might just be a circling above the earth in a hoola-hoop fashion. Consider the satellites doing gravity studies around the world and finding discrepancies- some places higher gravity than others. True? I don't know. But just having a study is an interesting concept.
It's funny you should mention that, because it is precisely on a flat Earth that gravity would not make any sense. The closer you got to the edge, the further it would tilt you in that direction. Only people living in the North Pole would be able to stand upright. It is only on a shperical planet that the way gravity affects us makes any sense at all.

Why did the US and Russia shoot nukes up to the edge or just beyond our atmosphere? What were they trying to blow up? Why the enormous and militaristic clamp-down on travel to Antarctica? Who were the founders and controllers of NASA?
None of those questions has anything to do with whether the Earth is flat or not.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Science is not some mysterious, inaccessible religion that can be manipulated by obscure "evil groups".
Science is based on the Scientific Method, which is itself based on repeatable, verifiable experiments, on observation, reasoning and testing various hypotheses to acquire empirical knowledge. Which part of that should we be suspicious of?.....
Au contraire, mon frere. The scientific method is what it is and is not itself open to reinterpretation. Science itself, though, can be turned into a religion and indeed has been by some people. This religion is called Scientism and is used to justify many ideological and political beliefs. Especially when certain individuals, banded or allied with other like minded individuals, use science as a tool for the justification of pre-conceptions rather than as an objective tool for the discovery of reality or truths about reality, with which to base their beliefs about material existence. When a so-called scientist speaks about a concept called "settled science" you can be sure he/she is politicizing his scientific opinion. We should not be suspicious of properly applied Scientific Method, but we should be suspicious of anyone claiming they have arrived at scientific truth having used fudged data and suspect methods.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Spectrism, you provided a thoughtful, respectful response, so I'll try to respond in kind.

If anyone appreciates the value of thinking and questioning generally held assumptions you can count on me to do that. But you'll also find I'm a proponent of reason, as thinking would imply.

You say you can't prove what NASA says and can't take it on blind faith. All faith is blind. If the Bible says the Earth is flat, that's not at all a reasonable argument. It doesn't equal thinking or questioning long held beliefs. If anything, it's a proposition that religious dogma, rather than thinking and reasoning, should be our basis to believe or question anything.

I mean your cell phone, the internet, weather satellites, defense systems, etc. They all function properly because the Earth is round and satellites can go into orbit at a certain speed. It's really not that complicated.

I'm not talking about the Moon's shadow. I'm talking about the Earth's shadow, which is periodically cast onto the lunar surface and reveals a spherical shape. How do you explain that?

Really? So now we're going to go back to believing in a geocentric universe as well? Are we going to believe the flat Earth is surrounded by glass spheres where the planets, stars and galaxies are painted? Are we on the back of some giant tortoise, too?

It's funny you should mention that, because it is precisely on a flat Earth that gravity would not make any sense. The closer you got to the edge, the further it would tilt you in that direction. Only people living in the North Pole would be able to stand upright. It is only on a shperical planet that the way gravity affects us makes any sense at all.

None of those questions has anything to do with whether the Earth is flat or not.
I just have two bones to pick with you on this post, even though it isn't directed at me. First, all faith is not blind. Faith can be blind, but it in no way follows that ALL faith is blind. Second, show me where the Bible declares the earth is flat. On the contrary, although I don't have the passages memorized, the Bible does in fact state that the earth is a sphere.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Au contraire, mon frere. The scientific method is what it is and is not itself open to reinterpretation. Science itself, though, can be turned into a religion and indeed has been by some people. This religion is called Scientism and is used to justify many ideological and political beliefs. Especially when certain individuals, banded or allied with other like minded individuals, use science as a tool for the justification of pre-conceptions rather than as an objective tool for the discovery of reality or truths about reality, with which to base their beliefs about material existence. When a so-called scientist speaks about a concept called "settled science" you can be sure he/she is politicizing his scientific opinion. We should not be suspicious of properly applied Scientific Method, but we should be suspicious of anyone claiming they have arrived at scientific truth having used fudged data and suspect methods.
You are attempting to confound the potential to misuse science with science. They are simply not the same thing.

Science is not a religion at all and religious belief is not scientific proof.

Substitute "science" for "religion" in your response and it makes a lot more sense.

Check it out:
"Religion is used to justify many ideological and political beliefs. Especially when certain individuals, banded or allied with other like minded individuals, use religion as a tool for the justification of pre-conceptions rather than as an objective tool for the discovery of reality or truths about reality, with which to base their beliefs about material existence. When a so-called religious person speaks about a concept called "revealed truth" you can be sure he/she is politicizing his religious opinion. We should not be suspicious of properly applied spiritualism, but we should be suspicious of anyone claiming they have arrived at truth having used faith and revelation.

Also...
I just have two bones to pick with you on this post, even though it isn't directed at me. First, all faith is not blind. Faith can be blind, but it in no way follows that ALL faith is blind. Second, show me where the Bible declares the earth is flat. On the contrary, although I don't have the passages memorized, the Bible does in fact state that the earth is a sphere.
First, yes, all faith is blind by definition. If it isn't, if it's supported by having seen, then it's not faith but empirical knowledge.
Second, show me where I said the Bible says that. I said "IF".

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
You are attempting to confound the potential to misuse science with science. They are simply not the same thing.

Science is not a religion at all and religious belief is not scientific proof.

Substitute "science" for "religion" in your response and it makes a lot more sense.

Check it out:
"Religion is used to justify many ideological and political beliefs. Especially when certain individuals, banded or allied with other like minded individuals, use religion as a tool for the justification of pre-conceptions rather than as an objective tool for the discovery of reality or truths about reality, with which to base their beliefs about material existence. When a so-called religious person speaks about a concept called "revealed truth" you can be sure he/she is politicizing his religious opinion. We should not be suspicious of properly applied spiritualism, but we should be suspicious of anyone claiming they have arrived at truth having used faith and revelation.

Also...

First, yes, all faith is blind by definition. If it isn't, if it's supported by having seen, then it's not faith but empirical knowledge.
Second, show me where I said the Bible says that. I said "IF".
Aww, bullcrap. (You're going in circles.)

Last edited:

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'm not going to venture again into the flat world discussion. Simple math proved this over 1000 years ago .. long before NASA and Soros and social engineering. But I will say that 90% of the people who believe science over 'religion' have no such knowledge. For them, science IS the new religion. And just like any 'born again' believer, their faith is total, and exploitable. Exactly the same as most religious people who've never read the bible or quran for themselves.

Let's be honest ... 85% of the population are peasants bred true. Without the safety net of civilization, they'd be extinct.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Aww, bullcrap. (You're going in circles.)
What circles?
Don't you agree religion has been used to justify all kinds of BS? It has.
Didn't you try to equate science with misusing science? You did.
Is faith blind by definition or not? It is.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Faith is not blind, it is “the substance of things not seen”.
R.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Faith is not blind, it is “the substance of things not seen”.
R.
Any perceivable "substance" would take you out of the realm of faith and into the realm of experience.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
George Micheals had faith. And. He still died of stupidity!

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Check it out:
Sounds a lot like Evolutionism: You know the religious belief that matter came from non-matter, life came from non-life, something (everything) came from nothing, order came from chaos, and information from non-information. It's religious proponents have to discard every known and repeatable law of science: 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics, Biogenesis, Cause and Effect, Mathematics and statistics. Truly this has to be one of the dumbest religions ever invented and requires one checking his brain at the door to become a member.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
What circles?
Don't you agree religion has been used to justify all kinds of BS? It has.
Didn't you try to equate science with misusing science? You did.
Is faith blind by definition or not? It is.
Question one: Forget it.
Question two: Meaningless. People will use anything and everything to justify what they know is wrong.
Question three: No, actually, I didn't.
Question four: No again. It is not, necessarily.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I laugh at people who actually waste some of their precious time on Earth questioning its shape. One of the most useless pointless arguments in history but humans are dumb like that

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Sounds a lot like Evolutionism: You know the religious belief that matter came from non-matter, life came from non-life, something (everything) came from nothing, order came from chaos, and information from non-information. It's religious proponents have to discard every known and repeatable law of science: 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics, Biogenesis, Cause and Effect, Mathematics and statistics. Truly this has to be one of the dumbest religions ever invented and requires one checking his brain at the door to become a member.
It's funny how some people try to discredit science by equating it to some sort of religion... Particularly when, in reality, they support their own religious dogma.
Religious fundamentalists have always tried to attack and discredit science. They probably hate the fact that science is doing a far better job of telling us how life began, how we came to be, where we are and how the universe works than their old fairy tales. To a great degree, religious power depends on people being ignorant and afraid.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
It's funny how some people try to discredit science by equating it to some sort of religion... Particularly when, in reality, they support their own religious dogma.
Religious fundamentalists have always tried to attack and discredit science. They probably hate the fact that science is doing a far better job of telling us how life began, how we came to be, where we are and how the universe works than their old fairy tales. To a great degree, religious power depends on people being ignorant and afraid.
Sorry but atheism is a religion. If you look up the definition of religion, atheism fits the bill. Atheism was ruled a religion by the US Supreme Court. I love how religious atheists try to act as if their religion is "science".

I think you need to look up the definition of science if you actually believe the atheist origins myth of evolutionism is "science". It's not repeatable, observable and in fact contradicts all major laws of known science.

Look at it this way. Unless you are going to claim that the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics, Biogenesis, Cause and Effect, Mathematics and Statistics are NOT SCIENCE, then you can't claim that evolutionism IS science. They contradict each other. Either one or the other is true and real. Both cannot be science.

Sorry but your evolutionist origins myth actually require more faith to believe in than pretty much any other religion out there.

Last edited:

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Sorry but atheism is a religion. If you look up the definition of religion, atheism fits the bill. Atheism was rules a religion by the US Supreme Court. I love how religious atheists try to act as if their religion is "science".

I think you need to look up the definition of science if you actually believe the atheist origins myth of evolutionism is "science". It's not repeatable, observable and in fact contradicts all major laws of known science.

Look at it this way. Unless you are going to claim that the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics, Biogenesis, Cause and Effect, Mathematics and Statistics are NOT SCIENCE, then you can't claim that evolutionism IS science. They contradict each other. Either one or the other is true and real. Both cannot be science.

Sorry but your evolutionist origins myth actually require more faith to believe in than pretty much any other religion out there.
Science is not a religion. Again, love how religious fanatics always try to bring everyone else down to their own level by pretending science is religion. It is not.
Your contention that the theory of evolution is not supported by science is simply false.
As to atheism, nobody mentioned it but you. You've obviously got some pet peeves, like atheism and evolution.
However, the point here is that the Earth is not flat. Are you willing to accept that scientifically established fact?

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
04 cat moon.jpg

No real science to it, just look at the moon, unless you see everything in 2 dimensions, you would come to the logical conclusion that the earth is a sphere not flat. I've read the bible through a few times, looked up the scriptures that "Flat Earthers" use to try to convince the theory of flat earth, they really have to stretch the imagination to come to that conclusion. Yes, people used to live in small circles or communities and think it was flat, can't see in modern times how anyone, religious or not, would not be able to see that it is (earth) not flat, but a sphere, at least somewhat, not flat at all.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Just because you reject one fact with a staggering amount of common sense and scientific evidence behind it doesn't mean you have to reject all of them – and so it is that Flat Earthers officially accept human-caused climate change.

Flat Earthers Understand Climate Change
ScienceAlert

A tweet from the Flat Earth Society posted back in July, which suggests – as far as the social media managers at the Society are concerned, at least – people can believe in both a Flat Earth and climate change.

Responding to a question about whether Society members believed in climate change, the tweeted reply was this:

"Certainly. It would be nothing short of irresponsible to question something with so much overwhelming evidence behind it, and something that threatens us so directly as a species."

As a reminder, the Society insists that our planet is a flat disc, no one has been to the Moon, the world is surrounded by a huge wall of ice, and that all those photos of Earth as a green and blue marble are faked. That's not even mentioning the even weirder stuff.

Lets just set down and discuss this over a cuppa coffee:
Flat Earth Mug.jpg

BF

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
If you've ever been on a jet plane on a trip across the state or country, all you have to do is look out your window to see the curvature of the earth/ocean, which by the way does look “flat” at lower altitudes.

Also, seeing that gravity is a function of mass, people or a plumb line near the edge would have a measurable tilt.

R.
I’ve never seen the curvature of the Earth from an airplane.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I’ve never seen the curvature of the Earth from an airplane.
Most people can't, because to see it from that low requires at least a 60 degree view of the horizon (of the possible 360 degrees) and for that horizon to be relatively uniform (like over the Ocean as opposed to mountains) and be to be unobscured by clouds.

To see it without any of those conditions requires a higher altitude than most commercial jets fly.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Science is not a religion. Again, love how religious fanatics always try to bring everyone else down to their own level by pretending science is religion. It is not.
Your contention that the theory of evolution is not supported by science is simply false.
As to atheism, nobody mentioned it but you. You've obviously got some pet peeves, like atheism and evolution.
However, the point here is that the Earth is not flat. Are you willing to accept that scientifically established fact?
I agree science is not religion. For some reason your brain can't wrap your head around the fact that evolutionism isn't science. Again I keep having to point out since your religion is blinding you:

EVOLUTIONISM CONTRADICTS ALL IRREFUTABLY PROVEN LAWS OF SCIENCE!

Why do you hate science and deny the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics, Biogenesis, Cause and Effect, Mathematics and Statistics among other scientific FACTS? Your blind faith religion has truly blinded you.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
I agree science is not religion. For some reason your brain can't wrap your head around the fact that evolutionism isn't science. Again I keep having to point out since your religion is blinding you:

EVOLUTIONISM CONTRADICTS ALL IRREFUTABLY PROVEN LAWS OF SCIENCE!

Why do you hate science and deny the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics, Biogenesis, Cause and Effect, Mathematics and Statistics among other scientific FACTS? Your blind faith religion has truly blinded you.
You're obviously very anxious to have a conversation about evolution and atheism. That's nice. Perhaps you should start a thread about that.
However, what I'd like to know, and had already asked, is this:
Do you accept the fact that the Earth is round?

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
You're obviously very anxious to have a conversation about evolution and atheism. That's nice. Perhaps you should start a thread about that.
However, what I'd like to know, and had already asked, is this:
Do you accept the fact that the Earth is round?
You're the one that brought religion into this thread. Alas I was responding to your comment on science vs religion. Just because you don't like how your religious beliefs were exposed to be unscientific, now you no longer want to continue down that road?

To answer your question. I do believe in a ball earth. The Bible does in fact state, "The Lord sits enthroned above the circle/sphere of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers", does it not? (Isaiah 40:22)

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Most people can't, because to see it from that low requires at least a 60 degree view of the horizon (of the possible 360 degrees) and for that horizon to be relatively uniform (like over the Ocean as opposed to mountains) and be to be unobscured by clouds.

To see it without any of those conditions requires a higher altitude than most commercial jets fly.
Somewhere I remember it was 36,000 feet but you had to be in the cockpit with 180º (or so) windows to see it. Oh, and it had to be daylight.

BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Woo-hoo! Page 3!

Flat round, flat round.

What else in the universe is flat and brimming with life?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Somewhere I remember it was 36,000 feet but you had to be in the cockpit with 180º (or so) windows to see it. Oh, and it had to be daylight.
Yes, conditions apply as to whether or not one can see it that low.
...but it's a minimum of 1/6th of the horizon. Looking out the cockpit window is the best way. That's how I was able to see it. Was a little above 40,000' at the time.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
To answer your question. I do believe in a ball earth.
Good. That's what's relevant here.

The Bible does in fact state, "The Lord sits enthroned above the circle/sphere of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers", does it not? (Isaiah 40:22)
I don't know what the Bible says and don't think it's particularly relevant here. Religious dogma does not equal scientific fact. That's the whole point.

Evolution is, as opposed to the Bible, fully supported by science. Perhaps that's what bugs you so much. But that's for another thread.

Thanks for your reply.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Good. That's what's relevant here.

Evolution is, as opposed to the Bible, fully supported by science. .
Where are the intermediary links then?

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling

Exactly.

I was responding to the man who commented that anyone who has ever flown a commercial jet has seen the curvature of the Earth.

I have flown hundreds of times and I have never seen any curvature.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Straw Man Photo by terryray_photos _ Photobucket.jpg
I see what you've been doing now. You make false claims about what a poster is saying to create an argument with them. They respond. You make more false claims about what they said to continue the argument and get a response from them. They respond. Rinse and repeat. There's a word for this argumentive tactic. It has something to do with hay or straws, or something like that. But, straws are banned, at least in California. You were doing it with me and I just watched you do the same damn thing to goldielox1, twice. Get real.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I don't know what the Bible says and don't think it's particularly relevant here. Religious dogma does not equal scientific fact. That's the whole point.

Evolution is, as opposed to the Bible, fully supported by science. Perhaps that's what bugs you so much. But that's for another thread.

Thanks for your reply.
I'm confused...on one hand you said that "religious dogma does not equal scientific fact, which I agree with. Then you contradict your statement by stating that your religious origins myth of evolutionism is supported by science. Evolutionism is the most illogical and unscientific religious origins account I can think of. Since you refuse to state how a religious origins myth that contradicts all known laws of science is supported by science (1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics, Biogenesis, Cause and Effect, Mathematics and Statistic) I can only conclude either you really hate science or you just don't know anything about science.

The Bible on the other hand is in fact a science book. How can I say that? Well it's easy one of the highest forms of evidence is eyewitness testimony, which is accepted in both courts of law as evidence, and for instance by those investigating an event such as a policeman trying to figure out how a wrecked car on the side of the road got there. The first thing he would do is ask for eyewitness accounts, which the Bible is full of. There is an eyewitness account of the creation of the heavens and the earth, the author himself not only witnessed it but documented it so that only a fool (atheist?) would deny the obvious that the universe was made by an intelligent mind. "The fool has said in his heart there is no God" despite all the evidence pointing to a Creator, is the same fool that would look in the mirror and miss the nose in front of his face.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I don't know what the Bible says....

Evolution is, as opposed to the Bible, fully supported by science....
First statement: That has become obvious.
Second statement: That is not true. The evolutionary theory is full of holes and there are a multitude of scientists, of all types, who admit to it. Some are creationists, some are not, but they see the obvious problems. To be honest, L, many of your statements actually do reflect a bias towards an evolutionist religious viewpoint. And evolutionism is a religion. Just like global warmism or climatism, whatever you want to call it, based on religiously held beliefs, rather than evidence and honest data. That's where true science lies. Honest data, obtained by real scientific methods, interpreted objectively, without prejudice.