• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Flat Earth - For all the Ballers out there I have a question..

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
3D model of the earth without water.

maxresdefault.jpg

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
CsJy9KgWIAALpFS.jpg

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sorry Bob, but that is not what that is.

What that is, is a graphical representation of gravity differences across the globe.
...but if you look, you'll find this image mis-represented on many "flat Earth" sites. Which is an example of the outright deception being used against people believing that stuff.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
If you are wondering why there are gravity differences across the Globe, it's simply because the stuff that comprises the Earth is not of a completely uniform density. If some of that stuff is more densely packed together in some areas, there is more mass and hence slightly stronger gravity above that area of the Earth.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling

View attachment 110636
You do realize that the variations have been exaggerated in the model, don't you?
The range variation appears on the right hand side. The total difference is only 160 meters... Of course, if they showed only that, it would not be visible on a global scale. Hence the effect. Not to be confused with reality.

The only thing those images prove is that the public education system is a total failure.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You do realize that the variations have been exaggerated in the model, don't you?
The range variation appears on the right hand side. The total difference is only 160 meters...
It's a gravity map being mis-represented as a physical model of the Earth. People running flat Earth sites use stuff like this to try to fool people. Apparently with great success.

As for the altitude difference, it wouldn't even be noticeable to an observer in space. The difference between the deepest place and the highest place on Earth is only about 12 miles. Does anyone truly believe that when looking at an object ~8000 miles wide, that a mere 12 mile difference would be noticeable?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
@BarnacleBob , here's a link. https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/no-thats-not-what-earth-would-look-without-water
...and I have to ask why you keep posting that? It's not the first time, and to discover what that map really is only takes a short bit of looking on the web to find out. You obviously spend a lot of time on those sites, so why not spend a small fraction of that time vetting the stuff you see on those sites? If I can do a quick search to discover the origin of a pic, so can you.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
What's amusing is that you have to recur to listing Bacon and Kepler, as well as so many other people who never had a chance to hear about, least of all refute, evolution since they died long before Darwin's work was published.

I'm sure you'd rather I didn't expose you for the fool you are, but it's so much fun.

You just got done making fun of Joe for saying science can't explain everything, yet your answer is that it's all "supernatural"... Miracles. Oh, well, then that's ok. Nevermind. It's "supernatural"...
See, it's your set of beliefs that can't explain anything.
You need to reread the list. At least half of the 100 scientific geniuses I listed were alive when Pastor Darwin started his evolutionism religion. Yet they were smart enough to see that it was ridiculous (unlike you).

Again, your religion requires more miracles than any religion out there. It's the equivalent of trying to lift yourself by the boot straps. Your origins myth is a boot strap lifting model: it requires the universe to create itself. Ridiculous and I just don't have enough faith to believe in it; certainly it isn't even slightly scientific. It is a supernatural miracle requiring model that it's religious zealots try to pretend is a natural model.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
You need to reread the list. At least half of the 100 scientific geniuses I listed were alive when Pastor Darwin started his evolutionism religion. Yet they were smart enough to see that it was ridiculous (unlike you).

Again, your religion requires more miracles than any religion out there. It's the equivalent of trying to lift yourself by the boot straps. Your origins myth is a boot strap lifting model: it requires the universe to create itself. Ridiculous and I just don't have enough faith to believe in it; certainly it isn't even slightly scientific. It is a supernatural miracle requiring model that it's religious zealots try to pretend is a natural model.
You're too transparent, goldie.
It is your religion that requires one believe in miracles and irrational explanations, like God creating himself.
How could that be? Nevermind, it's SUPERNATURAL....

It's obvious you are so self-conscious and insecure about your religious, unproven, unscientific beliefs that you must try to bring everyone else down to your own level, trying to equate science and religion.

FAIL.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally found something from the ballers that does not come from NASA or Jesuits.. This is something I can do. Flat earthers have many experiments and tests that I can do and this is the first I have found that ballers have presented?

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some people get triggered over this topic and do not want Flat Earthers to have a voice.. Kinda like Dems? Old Story 2016

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/loca...er-fiery-dispute-about-earth-gets-out-of-hand

Round or flat? Police seek man after fiery dispute about Earth gets out of hand

RONALD ZAJAC, BROCKVILLE RECORDER AND TIMES
Updated: June 15, 2016

Brockville police. FILE PHOTO / OTTAWA CITIZEN
SHAREADJUSTCOMMENTPRINT

A 56-year-old Brockville man is being sought by police after a discussion about the shape of the earth got out of hand at a campsite Monday night.

Brockville police and firefighters were called to St. Lawrence Park at about 10:30 p.m. after the suspect began pitching items, including a propane tank, that belonged to his son and the son’s girlfriend into the campfire as the discussion became heated.

Police say the argument centered on the woman insisting the earth was flat while the suspect countered it is round.
The man had left the area by the time police arrived and firefighters doused the campfire.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Finally found something from the ballers that does not come from NASA or Jesuits.. This is something I can do. Flat earthers have many experiments and tests that I can do and this is the first I have found that ballers have presented?

G-khan, I know you to be an intelligent and thoughtful poster. Although it's tough for me to understand how you could believe the Earth is flat, I suppose it's not such an outrageous conclusion, since many people thought so for so long. It seems flat at first glance. However, observations such as the variation in the angle of shadows cast by the sun at mid-day in places along the north-south axis were enough for even ancient philosophers to conclude it must be round. Not to speak of the successful circumnavegation of the globe in every direction centuries ago. Have you ever watched ships disappear over the horizon? That can be done. The fact that Galileo's predictions were accurate, that we have satellites orbiting the globe, that the planet has been observed from the Moon and from ships headed into the Solar system hundreds of times, the fact every other observable body in the sky is round... In my OPINION, the sum of the evidence is more than enough to prove that the Earth is round.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Although it's tough for me to understand how you could believe the Earth is flat
Libby, can you understand posting something to see how people react over the posting?
G-man creates lots of discussion with the promotion of 'flat earth'.

everyone's gonna have a good time
we're gonna have a good time...

BF

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Went looking for old photos of earth from space and found this one:

The first picture of Earth from space was taken in 1946 aboard a V-2 rocket, but it was grainy and barely recognizable as Earth. This photo, the first to be taken from 100 miles above Earth, was taken in 1947. (Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory) Smithsonian

Almost as old as me, but, since it's from .gov it will probably be dismissed as 'photoshopped' <grin>

BF
My concern here is not photoshopping... but what kind of lens was used. Curves where there are straight lines in reality is always a problem with these things. Of course, using a fish-eye lens gives you a wider view, but it also distorts the image.

Last edited:

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
In some cases, irrational skepticism may indeed be a root cause. In many other cases, it's a product of religious dogma and fundamentalism. You'll find many, but not all "flat-earthers" also cling to the idea that the Earth is 6,000 years old and that evolution is a hoax.

The fact that the Earth is round has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt; the key word being "reasonable". Reasonable means supported by or within the bounds of reason, aka "common sense". Reason is the only legitimate, objective standard.

Science is not some mysterious, inaccessible religion that can be manipulated by obscure "evil groups".
Science is based on the Scientific Method, which is itself based on repeatable, verifiable experiments, on observation, reasoning and testing various hypotheses to acquire empirical knowledge. Which part of that should we be suspicious of?

There are centuries of reasonable, scientific evidence supporting the knowledge that the Earth is round.

What reasonable evidence is there that the Earth is flat?

None.
If you want to be a little scientific, you need to understand that "round" is two-dimensional. Mankind 4000 years ago knew the difference between a circle and a sphere. Many of today's public school education system struggle with shapes like the scene on Idiocracy.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Oh, yeah, I also saw a little bit about how you can lay your head flat on a large round table, look at the edge and !WOW! looks just like what you'd see when yer standing up looking at the horizon. go figure...

BF

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Spectrism, you provided a thoughtful, respectful response, so I'll try to respond in kind.

If anyone appreciates the value of thinking and questioning generally held assumptions you can count on me to do that. But you'll also find I'm a proponent of reason, as thinking would imply.

You say you can't prove what NASA says and can't take it on blind faith. All faith is blind. If the Bible says the Earth is flat, that's not at all a reasonable argument. It doesn't equal thinking or questioning long held beliefs. If anything, it's a proposition that religious dogma, rather than thinking and reasoning, should be our basis to believe or question anything.
No, "blind faith" is stupidity. Faith is trusting a proven and trust-worthy source. You use faith to drive a car, get into an airplane, flip a light switch..... because you have a reasonable expectation of the results desired.

I mean your cell phone, the internet, weather satellites, defense systems, etc. They all function properly because the Earth is round and satellites can go into orbit at a certain speed. It's really not that complicated.
I believe we have aircraft and space craft... at least going to high altitudes. A flat earth concept does not eliminate the possibility of satellites. This is why I ask for photos from outside our atmosphere. Show me something that went beyond the VanAllen radiation belt.... or even as far away as the moon.

I'm not talking about the Moon's shadow. I'm talking about the Earth's shadow, which is periodically cast onto the lunar surface and reveals a spherical shape. How do you explain that?
A shadow is typically a two-dimensional thing and so is a circle. If you are seeing a shadow from earth on the moon, it is not showing you a sphere.

Really? So now we're going to go back to believing in a geocentric universe as well? Are we going to believe the flat Earth is surrounded by glass spheres where the planets, stars and galaxies are painted? Are we on the back of some giant tortoise, too?
Do you just believe what people tell you? Yes you do. Now start working to loving the truth and believing ONLY the truth.

It's funny you should mention that, because it is precisely on a flat Earth that gravity would not make any sense. The closer you got to the edge, the further it would tilt you in that direction. Only people living in the North Pole would be able to stand upright. It is only on a shperical planet that the way gravity affects us makes any sense at all.
Tell me what gravity is. How does it work?

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
You're the one that brought religion into this thread. Alas I was responding to your comment on science vs religion. Just because you don't like how your religious beliefs were exposed to be unscientific, now you no longer want to continue down that road?

To answer your question. I do believe in a ball earth. The Bible does in fact state, "The Lord sits enthroned above the circle/sphere of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers", does it not? (Isaiah 40:22)
YOU put that word "sphere" in there. It is not in the original Hebrew. The correct word IS "circle". A cricle is clearly not a ball and the writers knew the difference.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
  1. You’re on an elevator, accelerating up at eight feet per second per second. Your weight will increase by about 50%.
  2. You’re on one of those carnival rides that zooms in a big circles into the sky, turns over at the top, but you don’t fall out.
  3. You’re speeding down the road in your Olds 442 and take a hard left turn and your body tries to slide across the seat to the right.
In all these stupid little scenarios can you tell me; are they any different from the way gravity works?

BF

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
  1. You’re on an elevator, accelerating up at eight feet per second per second. Your weight will increase by about 50%.
  2. You’re on one of those carnival rides that zooms in a big circles into the sky, turns over at the top, but you don’t fall out.
  3. You’re speeding down the road in your Olds 442 and take a hard left turn and your body tries to slide across the seat to the right.
In all these stupid little scenarios can you tell me; are they any different from the way gravity works?

BF
Gravity is not conservation of momentum. Nor is it centrifugal force. But you did not answer my question: what is gravity and how does it work? What I mean by "how does it work?" is what is the principle of gravity- the attraction force or is it a pressure wave or is it something else? You don't know.... nobody on this earth knows.

Also, the scientists modelling of gravity is a complete bust. They invented (imagined) dark matter in space to account for observations of heavenly bodies. It turns out, nobody can see or verify any such matter and it seems that it does not exist. So, scientists have no idea how gravity, solar systems, or galaxies work.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Libby, can you understand posting something to see how people react over the posting?
G-man creates lots of discussion with the promotion of 'flat earth'.

everyone's gonna have a good time
we're gonna have a good time...

BF
Perhaps that explains it.

Did ya watch the video?
I watched some of it, but couldn't get through the whole thing. As is the case with many of these videos, they display ignorance about some subject and then try to pass off that ignorance as proof of something else. Once a video starts with ignornance, errors and false information as premises, the conclusions it draws on those premises are going to be faulty.

If you want to be a little scientific, you need to understand that "round" is two-dimensional. Mankind 4000 years ago knew the difference between a circle and a sphere. Many of today's public school education system struggle with shapes like the scene on Idiocracy.
Yeah, thanks. I don't think it takes a scientist to know the difference between a circle and a sphere. I said the Earth is round. So is a ball. I didn't say it was a circle.

No, "blind faith" is stupidity. Faith is trusting a proven and trust-worthy source. You use faith to drive a car, get into an airplane, flip a light switch..... because you have a reasonable expectation of the results desired.
No, a "reasonable" expectation is not faith. A reasonable expectation is based on reason. Faith is NOT based on reason. That's why flipping on a light switch does not involve faith, but praying for a miracle does.

I believe we have aircraft and space craft... at least going to high altitudes. A flat earth concept does not eliminate the possibility of satellites. This is why I ask for photos from outside our atmosphere. Show me something that went beyond the VanAllen radiation belt.... or even as far away as the moon.
Our understanding of physics is such that we can accurately calculate and predict the speed and altitude objects must travel at to maintain certain orbits. You say a flat earth does not eliminate the possibility of satellites. Please provide the physics that would allow for an object to orbit around a flat surface without superconductors or cryogenic temperatures, as our satellites orbit Earth today.

A shadow is typically a two-dimensional thing and so is a circle. If you are seeing a shadow from earth on the moon, it is not showing you a sphere.
The shadow of the Earth on the Moon can be seen at different times from different places of Earth. If the Earth were a flat circle, as you imply, the shape of that shadow would be different depending on the angle at which the Sun hit the Earth. It would be round only when the Sun hit the Earth perpendicularly and would at other times appear to be oval, oblongated, and would eventually reveal the silhouette of a flat Earth. It doesn't. Explain that.

Do you just believe what people tell you? Yes you do. Now start working to loving the truth and believing ONLY the truth.
You ARE people, and I don't believe what you say because I love truth.

Gravity is a distortion in the space-time continuum caused by mass. It works predictably.
Is your premise that if science doesn't know something it doesn't know anything?
Remember, it's religion, not science, that pretends to have all the answers, and you seem perfectly willing to accept answers like "it works in mysterious ways" when it comes to how God works.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
bfc87a529dd213a656a7efdc6f1f837ed37989abf1d0ce1a7c529b1fdd0a9122.png

Video wasn't stupid in any way. Was very simple explanation into a proof earth is not flat. I think you may have prejudged it for some reason. AND, NO, I do not watch many of the videos folks post either.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
View attachment 110778
Video wasn't stupid in any way. Was very simple explanation into a proof earth is not flat. I think you may have prejudged it for some reason. AND, NO, I do not watch many of the videos folks post either.
I thought you were speaking of another video, I wasn't talking about anything you posted! hehe

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
I watched some of it, but couldn't get through the whole thing. As is the case with many of these videos, they display ignorance about some subject and then try to pass off that ignorance as proof of something else. Once a video starts with ignornance, errors and false information as premises, the conclusions it draws on those premises are going to be faulty.
Which video? Tell me the first ignorant thing you encountered... and quit.

Yeah, thanks. I don't think it takes a scientist to know the difference between a circle and a sphere. I said the Earth is round. So is a ball. I didn't say it was a circle.
Well, then use the correct terminology. When talking about a sphere, you don't call it round versus flat. You can have a round and flat object like a coin. I am not the smartest person in this world, but try to hang with me for a while before you get too snippy. We cannot have a reasonable discussion if we don't use the same words for the same meanings.

No, a "reasonable" expectation is not faith. A reasonable expectation is based on reason. Faith is NOT based on reason. That's why flipping on a light switch does not involve faith, but praying for a miracle does.
You just don't know what faith is. You are so brainwashed with ridiculing what you don't understand that you blind yourself. The bible says: faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Hoping for a resolute and unconverted drug addict to keep your money safe is a misplaced faith... and stupid. A friend whose character you know as steadfast and reliable would be a better object for your faith. Faith exercised is the careful placing of trust in such a friend. A car that always breaks down would not be a good choice to have faith in for emergency service.

Our understanding of physics is such that we can accurately calculate and predict the speed and altitude objects must travel at to maintain certain orbits. You say a flat earth does not eliminate the possibility of satellites. Please provide the physics that would allow for an object to orbit around a flat surface without superconductors or cryogenic temperatures, as our satellites orbit Earth today.
How do you know that "gravity" is what keeps those satellites where they are? And how do you know what other forces exist up there among the various atmospheric layers, electromagnetic shields and cosmic radiation? What I am getting at is that you already built in your mind a world of imaginary "truths" to support the presupposition of a globe and the stories that NASA told you. And if NASA turns out to have some serious flaws of character, consider whom you have faith in.

The shadow of the Earth on the Moon can be seen at different times from different places of Earth. If the Earth were a flat circle, as you imply, the shape of that shadow would be different depending on the angle at which the Sun hit the Earth. It would be round only when the Sun hit the Earth perpendicularly and would at other times appear to be oval, oblongated, and would eventually reveal the silhouette of a flat Earth. It doesn't. Explain that.
Now that is a good question for a flat earth model. I don't have an answer for that but here are some things I would think about.
How do we know the shadow is of the earth?
Why is light from the moon cold?
Can there be a light interference event that explains the lunar eclipse?
How could atmospheric lens impact light to and from moon and sun?

You ARE people, and I don't believe what you say because I love truth.
Well then you are a fool. I am not asking you to believe me, nor am I asking you to automatically disbelieve me. For you to take that stand is beyond ignorant. If nothing else, I am telling you to learn to think for yourself and trust what is true. If you go around distrusting everyone that is true for most of the time, your bias will keep you confused. Check out the ideas, concepts, reports and then see if they are true. You must have had a stunted childhood without the ability to ask "why?"

Gravity is a distortion in the space-time continuum caused by mass. It works predictably.
Is your premise that if science doesn't know something it doesn't know anything?
Gravity is a mental fabrication in an attempt to explain observations. It is a very weak force. For example, I can stand next to a massive building and not be pulled into it by gravity. The big bang (which was another false "scientific" concept) said that there was a force greater than gravity and the whole universe must continually keep expanding. Except it is not. And they fabricated the concept of dark matter in an attempt to keep that fallacy alive.

Science is not a sentient being that it can know at all. Science is a process, a method of seeking to understand through observation, experimentation and repeatability. It is very limited when you look at pure science.

Remember, it's religion, not science, that pretends to have all the answers, and you seem perfectly willing to accept answers like "it works in mysterious ways" when it comes to how God works.
Religion is also not a sentient being. Your flippant use of words is distressing.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
are they any different from the way gravity works?
Spec, I asked; are they any different from the way gravity works? Not "What are they." We both know what action is in play but can you tell the difference?

Gravity is not conservation of momentum. Nor is it centrifugal force. But you did not answer my question: what is gravity and how does it work? What I mean by "how does it work?" is what is the principle of gravity- the attraction force or is it a pressure wave or is it something else? You don't know.... nobody on this earth knows.
AMEN to that!

Used as an expletive here, not meaning to get religious (which, btw, brings in another whole truckload of "how it works")

how does electricity work?
how does magnetism work/
why can't you go faster than the speed of light?
where does the other sock go?

jeese!
BF

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
where does the other sock go?
I have some socks that are labeled L and R, can't confuse which feet to put them on. Thought it was a joke when I first got them, but put 'em on the wrong feet and you'll see why they are labeled. However, somewhere in the spin cycle of the washing machine lives a monster that eats socks.

600e3f016d5b3ae9c311343d840864316ea4b11e1267dab7898525741078340e.jpg

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Which video? Tell me the first ignorant thing you encountered... and quit.
The video I was referring to starts out by calling into question everything NASA has done and implying it's all been faked. Believing that requires ample ignorance about many subjects.

Well, then use the correct terminology. When talking about a sphere, you don't call it round versus flat. You can have a round and flat object like a coin. I am not the smartest person in this world, but try to hang with me for a while before you get too snippy. We cannot have a reasonable discussion if we don't use the same words for the same meanings.
Meh. The Earth is round.

You just don't know what faith is. You are so brainwashed with ridiculing what you don't understand that you blind yourself.
You are so arrogant that you don't realize how ridiculous it is for you to pretend that, because I don't accept your erroneous definition of faith, I don't know what it is or have been brainwashed. Historically, it is religious people who are brainwashed to believe whatever someone else tells them, or whatever they read in some book that someone else says is "the word of God".

The bible says: faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Hoping for a resolute and unconverted drug addict to keep your money safe is a misplaced faith... and stupid. A friend whose character you know as steadfast and reliable would be a better object for your faith. Faith exercised is the careful placing of trust in such a friend. A car that always breaks down would not be a good choice to have faith in for emergency service.
See? There you go again. Who cares what the Bible says?
Again, a reasonable expectation is not faith, it is a reasonable expectation. Faith is an unreasonable expectation.

How do you know that "gravity" is what keeps those satellites where they are?
Because the equations that describe it work well enough that, when you assume they are correct and use those calculations to decide at what speed and altittude you should launch them, those satellites don't fall out of the sky.

And how do you know what other forces exist up there among the various atmospheric layers, electromagnetic shields and cosmic radiation? What I am getting at is that you already built in your mind a world of imaginary "truths" to support the presupposition of a globe and the stories that NASA told you. And if NASA turns out to have some serious flaws of character, consider whom you have faith in.
Again, the evidence that we know enough is that the theory works in practice. There may be many unkowns "up there", but we know enough that satellites and space stations don't fall out of the sky. They behave as reasonably expected.

Now that is a good question for a flat earth model. I don't have an answer for that but here are some things I would think about.
Good. Start there.

How do we know the shadow is of the earth?
Uh, because it is observed when the Earth is directly between the Sun and the Moon and its movement corresponds precisely with what a spherical Earth model predicts.

Why is light from the moon cold?
Can there be a light interference event that explains the lunar eclipse?
How could atmospheric lens impact light to and from moon and sun?
The electromagnetic spectrum is a wonderous thing and there are volumes written on those subjects. Einstein's equations were confirmed in part thanks to observations of how mass affects light. But no, none of what we know would lead any reasonable person to conclude anything other than the Earth is roughly spherical.

Well then you are a fool. I am not asking you to believe me, nor am I asking you to automatically disbelieve me. For you to take that stand is beyond ignorant. If nothing else, I am telling you to learn to think for yourself and trust what is true. If you go around distrusting everyone that is true for most of the time, your bias will keep you confused. Check out the ideas, concepts, reports and then see if they are true. You must have had a stunted childhood without the ability to ask "why?"
No, here's what you actually said:
"Do you just believe what people tell you? Yes you do. Now start working to loving the truth and believing ONLY the truth."
You ask a silly question and then pretend to answer for me. Then you also pretend to be somehow closer to the truth than I am, which is not only arrogant but obviously false. That's foolish indeed.

Gravity is a mental fabrication in an attempt to explain observations. It is a very weak force. For example, I can stand next to a massive building and not be pulled into it by gravity. The big bang (which was another false "scientific" concept) said that there was a force greater than gravity and the whole universe must continually keep expanding. Except it is not. And they fabricated the concept of dark matter in an attempt to keep that fallacy alive.
Nice. So no one on Earth knows what gravity is... except you?
Add the fact that the universe, from what we can observe, is in fact expanding to the list of things you didn't know. You're welcome.

Science is not a sentient being that it can know at all. Science is a process, a method of seeking to understand through observation, experimentation and repeatability. It is very limited when you look at pure science.

Religion is also not a sentient being. Your flippant use of words is distressing.
Fine. You get stuck on the little things. Here, for your convenience, I'll re-write what you quoted:
"Remember, it's proponents of religion, not science, who pretend to have all the answers, and you seem perfectly willing to accept answers like "it works in mysterious ways" when it comes to how God works."

There. What's your response now?

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
The video I was referring to starts out by calling into question everything NASA has done and implying it's all been faked. Believing that requires ample ignorance about many subjects.

Meh. The Earth is round.

You are so arrogant that you don't realize how ridiculous it is for you to pretend that, because I don't accept your erroneous definition of faith, I don't know what it is or have been brainwashed. Historically, it is religious people who are brainwashed to believe whatever someone else tells them, or whatever they read in some book that someone else says is "the word of God".

See? There you go again. Who cares what the Bible says?
Again, a reasonable expectation is not faith, it is a reasonable expectation. Faith is an unreasonable expectation.

Because the equations that describe it work well enough that, when you assume they are correct and use those calculations to decide at what speed and altittude you should launch them, those satellites don't fall out of the sky.

Again, the evidence that we know enough is that the theory works in practice. There may be many unkowns "up there", but we know enough that satellites and space stations don't fall out of the sky. They behave as reasonably expected.

Good. Start there.

Uh, because it is observed when the Earth is directly between the Sun and the Moon and its movement corresponds precisely with what a spherical Earth model predicts.

The electromagnetic spectrum is a wonderous thing and there are volumes written on those subjects. Einstein's equations were confirmed in part thanks to observations of how mass affects light. But no, none of what we know would lead any reasonable person to conclude anything other than the Earth is roughly spherical.

No, here's what you actually said:
"Do you just believe what people tell you? Yes you do. Now start working to loving the truth and believing ONLY the truth."
You ask a silly question and then pretend to answer for me. Then you also pretend to be somehow closer to the truth than I am, which is not only arrogant but obviously false. That's foolish indeed.

Nice. So no one on Earth knows what gravity is... except you?
Add the fact that the universe, from what we can observe, is in fact expanding to the list of things you didn't know. You're welcome.

Fine. You get stuck on the little things. Here, for your convenience, I'll re-write what you quoted:
"Remember, it's proponents of religion, not science, who pretend to have all the answers, and you seem perfectly willing to accept answers like "it works in mysterious ways" when it comes to how God works."

There. What's your response now?
I'll pipe in here on one thing, because you keep commenting on it, even though it's been explained to you. When it comes to the concept of faith, you don't have a clue, if only because you don't understand it. And you probably don't or can't understand it because you haven't experienced it, or just plain don't believe in it. You actually have a cartoon understanding of faith. Faith in God is not blind. You just assume it is blind. For most maybe all people who have faith in God, they have experience with Him and having had that experience with His power in their lives and presence, they learn to have faith. Faith is an experience with unseen things and is not blind.

Last edited:

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
I'll pipe in here on one thing, because you keep commenting on it, even though it's been explained to you. When it comes to the concept of faith, you don't have a clue, if only because you don't understand it. And you probably don't or can't understand it because you haven't experienced it, or just plain don't believe in it. You actually have a cartoon understanding of faith. Faith in God is not blind. You just assume it is blind. For most maybe all people who have faith in God, they have experience with Him and having had that experience with His power in their lives and presence, they learn to have faith. Faith is an experience with unseen things and is not blind.
Pipe on in and pass whatever you're smoking.
You are utterly ignorant about my faith or spiritual experience, yet pretend to know it and judge it.
Faith is not experience. Experience is empirical knowledge. True faith is blind.
Your opinions are welcome, however misguided they appear to me, but please, don't pretend to lecture me about faith; you don't have any credibility to do so and it's not the topic of this thread.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Pipe on in and pass whatever you're smoking.
You are utterly ignorant about my faith or spiritual experience, yet pretend to know it and judge it.
Faith is not experience. Experience is empirical knowledge. True faith is blind.
Your opinions are welcome, however misguided they appear to me, but please, don't pretend to lecture me about faith; you don't have any credibility to do so and it's not the topic of this thread.
I am currently chuckling to myself, Libby. If faith is not the subject of this thread and it isn't really, why do you continually bring it up? And faith is not blind, but we'll just drop that subject, since it isn't a concern of this thread.