• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Flat Earth - For all the Ballers out there I have a question..

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1537558208076.png
1537558276013.png
1537558743716.png

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
I think this myth has been sufficiently debunked...

Next:
1. Does the light in the fridge stay on after you close the door?
2. Are radio, TV and all wireless transmissions witchcraft?
3. Is Santa an FBI informant spying on you?

Stay tuned.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many glitches in the matrix - do you see them?
Debunked - by who? Whenever I hear the word debunked I look for source and proof?
I recall Obama's birth certificate was debunked. Does that mean it is real?
Maybe we should look to Elon Musk for guidance?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Many glitches in the matrix - do you see them?
Debunked - by who? Whenever I hear the word debunked I look for source and proof?
I recall Obama's birth certificate was debunked. Does that mean it is real?
Maybe we should look to Elon Musk for guidance?

Yes, matter is made of round particles ranging from infinitesimally microscopic to unimaginably macroscopic. We live in between molecules and planets & stars. We cannot not see the next largest particle larger than planets/stars nor can we see the atomic layer of particles that make up our molecular world of "solid objects".

Our human eyes are designed to stabilize matter to where we view it as a stable object be it liquid or solid. Being liquid or solid is a matter of how dense the molecules are arranged. These eyes see a very narrow band of the visible spectrum while the remaining invisible matter is unimaginable- gamma rays, thermal neutrons, protons, electrons, uv rays, infrasonic rays, trace elements etc.

The temperatures in a cremation furnace are not hot enough to destroy the atomic nuclei of the human body and thus our bodies made up of the more microscopic particles than molecules still exist after we shed our flesh bodies.

The Flat Earth "theory" has been debunked by using many very simple experiments, tests or calculations that can be achieved successfully and fully understood by grade school children. There's nothing much left to say except that it truly is easier to convince someone that the Earth is Flat than to convince him he has been fooled into thinking the Earth is flat.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I think this myth has been sufficiently debunked...

Next:
1. Does the light in the fridge stay on after you close the door?
Yes. (prove me wrong)
2. Are radio, TV and all wireless transmissions witchcraft?
Of course.
3. Is Santa an FBI informant spying on you?
No. Not since I caught him with my wife & put him in the freezer.

Stay tuned.

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
The Flat Earth "theory" has been debunked by using many very simple experiments, tests or calculations that can be achieved successfully and fully understood by grade school children. There's nothing much left to say except that it truly is easier to convince someone that the Earth is Flat than to convince him he has been fooled into thinking the Earth is flat.
I am glad they are so simple. Please present them here.

You know, little children have been indoctrinated with many simple concepts: life came from non-life, matter came from nothing, order came from disorder, complex systems came from random chance chaos, there is no personal God, humans are just more advanced animals, an unborn baby is just extra tissue of the mother, all are equal and regardless of performance all should get the reward, there is no right and wrong unless you are christian or a white male or a political conservative or one wanting a lawful society. Show me what your proud indoctrinations are.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Flat Earth "theory" has been debunked by using many very simple experiments, tests or calculations that can be achieved successfully and fully understood by grade school children.
Please school me and show me what you got..

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Please school me and show me what you got..
I gave the simplest and most indisputable example I can think of twice already.

Example: Travel a couple thousand miles make a 90 degree turn and travel the same distance. Now turn 90 degrees again and travel the same distance and you will arrive near your starting point. This doesn't occur on a flat surface, only on a sphere. This can be done on Google Earth or Maps or you can drive/fly it yourself.

Example #2, watch the moon and examine an eclipse. ROUND EARTH.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing is for sure is when I tell someone that I think the earth could be flat, I get a lot of anger. Kinda reminds me of saying Hillary and Obama have committed many crimes.

People get pissed if you rock the boat they are floating on?

I still have not decided if flat or round..

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Where is the anger G?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What do I do with that?
Consider what he posted and think about it, perhaps?

For instance, why do you think flight patterns look the way they do on a flat map and only make sense when viewed on a Globe?

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not getting it now, are you saying it does not happen? Do I need to provide examples? I can show you triggered and even people who have been fired for believing in flat earth and it has happened to me just for suggesting it may be!

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
I don't think anyone is angry that some believe the Earth is flat. I know I'm not. I'm not even sure I take it seriously, tbh.

But playing along, it's strange that so many solid arguments and observable phenomena that prove the Earth is round have been put forth and ignored. The shape of the Earth's shadow on the Moon during Lunar eclipses, the shape of all other observable bodies, the fact that there is, everywhere on Earth, an observable horizon, the fact that geodesic navigation works, the fact that satellites orbit the Earth, that people have gone around the world by following the same direction... Seems like plenty.

And hey, I like that blue ball at the bottom left of your Avatar, G.
:wink:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
You guys are just to funny... You cannot prove the earth is flat or a sphere, since neither can be substantially proven as various experiments suggest the earth is round while other experiments debunk the sphere and suggest the planet is flat... hence neither can be correct, therefore logically its back to drawing board for a new hypothesis, as the flat v round debate is inconclusive and proves nothing...

IDSE (Icosahedral-Dodecahedral Structure of the Earth) Hypothesis. Polyhedrons

https://rgdn.info/en/gipoteza_idsz_ikosaedro-dodekaedricheskaya_struktura_zemli._mnogogranniki

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Flight patterns prove the earth is a sphere, as do lunar eclipses. You can literally see the curvature of the earth if you fly high enough.

What other proof do you want?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Flight patterns prove the earth is a sphere, as do lunar eclipses.

Not neccessarily, lunar eclipses are a shadow, hence the shadow may resemble a sphere while not actually being a sphere... Plato thought the planet was a dodacahedron like shape, which would create a round like shadow during an eclipse. We cannot really tell the actual shape of the planet because of the oceans... the argument that since the moon, other planets & cosmic bodie appear to be spheres / sphereoids then too the earth must be a sphere is not logical or reasonable, as none of the other spheres hold & grow life as found on planet earth... this makes planet earth very, very, very different & special than ALL of the other observed planets and other cosmic bodies... hence on this fact alone, we should anticipate that the planet earths shape & composite is not the same as all the others in the observable universe... for if it was the same as the others, life would probably not exist here!!!

images (1).jpeg

download.png

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Not neccessarily, lunar eclipses are a shadow, hence the shadow may resemble a sphere while not actually being a sphere... Plato thought the planet was a dodacahedron like shape, which would create a round like shadow during an eclipse. We cannot really tell the actual shape of the planet because of the oceans... the argument that since the moon, other planets & cosmic bodie appear to be spheres / sphereoids then too the earth must be a sphere is not logical or reasonable, as none of the other spheres hold & grow life as found on planet earth... this makes planet earth very, very, very different & special than ALL of the other observed planets and other cosmic bodies... hence on this fact alone, we should anticipate that the planet earths shape & composite is not the same as all the others in the observable universe... for if it was the same as the others, life would probably not exist here!!!

View attachment 111888

View attachment 111887
Wouldn't those edges be observable all over Earth if this were the case? Even then, that's not flat, it's a ball.

Plus, of course it's reasonable to assume Earth is like every other observable body, just as it's reasonable to assume that Earth is not the only planet on which life exists.

Is that the real insecurity behind all this?

In other words, is it important to defend the flat Earth theory because it is important that we are God's only creation? If Earth is like every other planet rather than a clock dial at the center of a universe created around us, in which we are the main protagonists, is that really so hard to accept?

Spectrism

Seeker
Seeker
Flight patterns are all curved. No accurate flat earth map.
Flight patterns? Why are none over Antarctica when it would be the shortest route for some destinations on a spherical globe? How many of those flight patterns have you flown and actually checked with independent instruments?

Speaking of flights, how is that gyroscopes work just fine for a flat earth model but would not work for a sphere? And instructional / teaching manuals all assume a flat non-rotating earth?

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Flight patterns? Why are none over Antarctica when it would be the shortest route for some destinations on a spherical globe? How many of those flight patterns have you flown and actually checked with independent instruments?

Speaking of flights, how is that gyroscopes work just fine for a flat earth model but would not work for a sphere? And instructional / teaching manuals all assume a flat non-rotating earth?
Interesting questions. Do you have a relatively accurate map of the flat earth? Maybe that would help piece things together once and for all.

Someone has got to have a map of the flat earth right? We need one for comparison.

If you compare the known flight pattern of Chicago to Tokyo, only either the earth being spherical or the earth being flat will make sense... unless you are implying that every single major airline is in a giant conspiracy to waste fuel and money everyday and all the pilots and air traffic controllers are in on it... not to mention the USA military.

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Wouldn't those edges be observable all over Earth if this were the case? Even then, that's not flat, it's a ball.

Plus, of course it's reasonable to assume Earth is like every other observable body, just as it's reasonable to assume that Earth is not the only planet on which life exists.

Is that the real insecurity behind all this?

In other words, is it important to defend the flat Earth theory because it is important that we are God's only creation? If Earth is like every other planet rather than a clock dial at the center of a universe created around us, in which we are the main protagonists, is that really so hard to accept?
There are RIDGES all over the planet, they're called mountains & plateaus... most cannot be observed due to the water levels of the oceans...

Hasnt a damned thing to do with theology or insecurity... it has everything to do with finding truth and utilizing logic & reasoning. As HT would say, protecting "cherished delusions." The Rounders are just as delusional as the Flat Platters... There IS something very special about "this place, planet, reality" or whatever you wish to call it when there has been huge telescopes, etc. that have searched for other life in the cosmos & havent found it near or far... Life & Earth (whatever it really is) are very special & rare at least within 10 light years distance.

Since there are conclusive experiments that prove the earth is flat and there are also conclusive experiments that prove the earth is round, and since it cannot be both at the same time, this scientifically begs for a new hypothesis...

Last edited:

JDRock

Seeker
Seeker
The only thing which bodes well for flat earthers is - the government teaches a round earth. That is nearly damning as everything else they believe is a lie.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
There are RIDGES all over the planet, they're called mountains & plateaus... most cannot be observed due to the water levels of the oceans...

Hasnt a damned thing to do with theology or insecurity... it has everything to do with finding truth and utilizing logic & reasoning. As HT would say, protecting "cherished delusions." The Rounders are just as delusional as the Flat Platters... There IS something very special about "this place, planet, reality" or whatever you wish to call it when there has been huge telescopes, etc. that have searched for other life in the cosmos & havent found it near or far... Life & Earth (whatever it really is) are very special & rare at least within 10 light years distance.

Since there are conclusive experiments that prove the earth is flat and there are also conclusive experiments that prove the earth is round, and since it cannot be both at the same time, this scientifically begs for a new hypothesis...
So, is your contention that the Earth is a geodesic sphere under water? The shape and location of ridges and mountains is not a mystery, and it doesn't match what you propose.

10 light years distance is like 10 centimeters in cosmic terms. The nearest star is 40 light years away, and we are an infinitesimal part of only one of billions of galaxies.

Also, there are absolutely no experiments that "prove the Earth is flat".

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Consider what he posted and think about it, perhaps?

For instance, why do you think flight patterns look the way they do on a flat map and only make sense when viewed on a Globe?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
So, is your contention that the Earth is a geodesic sphere under water? The shape and location of ridges and mountains is not a mystery, and it doesn't match what you propose.

10 light years distance is like 10 centimeters in cosmic terms. The nearest star is 40 light years away, and we are an infinitesimal part of only one of billions of galaxies.

Also, there are absolutely no experiments that "prove the Earth is flat".
I have said what I have said, your wrong & in error when you state there are no experiments that prove the earth is flat... thats outright ignorance of the subject matter or just plain complete denial... I learned a long time ago not to argue with ideologues about their ideology, facts to these people dont matter. Hence I'm not about to argue over your errors of thinking, its axiomatic that your not open minded to explore the possibility that the current teachings are false and/or in error... Its your right to believe whatever you want to whether its true or not, whether its correct or not... Personally I dont really care what anyone believes...

IDSE (Icosahedral-Dodecahedral Structure of the Earth) Hypothesis. Polyhedrons

https://rgdn.info/en/gipoteza_idsz_ikosaedro-dodekaedricheskaya_struktura_zemli._mnogogranniki

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Fair well gents. Best regards all.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Flight patterns prove the earth is a sphere, as do lunar eclipses. You can literally see the curvature of the earth if you fly high enough.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Your argument for the flight pattern from Australia to South America is simply that it’s a lie told by nasa?

F7F512A9-C87E-4EEB-ACC9-497CA598EA19.png

What about that? Nasa faking that too?

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
There are other explainations as to why the earth seems flat to some, round to others and something different to many, Tom Campbell explains...

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They don't allow us to explore Antarctica..
If they did, you'd run right out and do it, right?
....but don't have the time or ability to travel far enough to do other simpler experiments closer to home that would serve the same purpose?

If you simply had the ability to drive a couple hundred miles, that'd be enough to confirm that Earth ain't flat.

BTW, if you did travel to Antarctica, you'd find the same thing there that you find where you already are.
Ie: to your own senses, the World would appear just as flat to you there as it does outside your front door right now. It's just on a different part of the ball we call Earth.

Also, you can in fact go to Antarctica. You can get a job there. 159 current openings. https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/antarctica-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,10_IN20.htm

There's even Antarctic tourism. Visit Antarctica, the 7th most populated Continent in the World! Some land visits may include mountaineering, skiing or even a visit to the South Pole. WoW! There ya go G. Not only can you go there, you can go skiing there.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Travel a couple thousand miles make a 90 degree turn and travel the same distance. Now turn 90 degrees again and travel the same distance and you will arrive near your starting point.
Somehow this just didn't float for me, misty. Just two 90° turns did not seem to be enough. So, simple enough, pulled up a map and tried it out.

Left Seattle and flew to Wyoming, turned left 90° and flew to the northeast corner of Montaaaaaana, turned 90° left once more (for a total of two 90° turns) to fly back to Seattle and wound up in Calgary. — didn't work.

90 degrees.JPG

So what did I do wrong?
BF

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Do any flights go over the South Pole?

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/33938/do-any-flights-go-over-the-south-pole

Please forgive me for asking if you are a "flat earth truther". We sometimes get those numpties passing by trying to justify their theories (especially the one about Antarctica being a ringed ice wall with the military guarding it to make sure no-one learns the secret).

There have been many flights over the geographic South Pole, the first documented one being in 1935 by Lincoln Ellsworth and Herbert Hollick-Kenyon. See: first flight over Antarctica.

Pan Am flight 50, using a Boeing 747SP, also flew over both poles.

No scheduled commercial flights over fly the South Pole since there are no great circle routes in use which do so.

Flights from New Zealand to South Africa would fly over Antarctica but no airline currently flies that route.

A couple of other considerations when asking about commercial flights is the need for ETOPS certification and the need to carry special survival equipment when flying south of latitude 72 degrees which is very considerable and would require the removal of revenue seats to carry it.

There is a big difference between the nearest suitable diversion airport flying over the Arctic and flying over the Antarctic.
Thought so — safety considerations.
BF

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Earth2.PNG

Joe King