• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Food for THOUGHT !

engineear

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
edit, because I hit the post button too soon LOLOLOL

You can't get chicken feet at the supermarket these days so you got to go to a butcher store and beg for them get your own
View attachment 163079
View attachment 163080

Looks like something from planned parenthood...disgusting. Does one clean and then store the toe jam or is it all inclusive? Nevermind...I need a bucket.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like something from planned parenthood...disgusting. Does one clean and then store the toe jam or is it all inclusive? Nevermind...I need a bucket.
OBVIOUSLY you eat with your eyes, instead of with your taste buds, as sooo many Americans do. I would have missed out on a lot of tasty vitals, had I not learned to eat with my taste buds !! :2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished::finished::finished::chef::chef::chef:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
There should be a mushroom thread. How do you sample without killing yourself? I've spent some time looking & trying to match up to pictures but only even found the Chicken of the woods and never eaten any of them. Mine are not that good looking in the back yard but they are there.
View attachment 163692

Get a book that is for your area or use "ALL THAT THE RAIN PROMISES" by David Arora. This is an EXCELLENT book, I use mine a lot. :2 thumbs up::finished:

1588352498672.png

engineear

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY you eat with your eyes, instead of with your taste buds, as sooo many Americans do. I would have missed out on a lot of tasty vitals, had I not learned to eat with my taste buds !! :2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished::finished::finished::chef::chef::chef:
You're right...im a plain eating kind a guy. Meat and potatoes fer me. I suppose if I was brought up around that I might've tried it...to each his own.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You're right...im a plain eating kind a guy. Meat and potatoes fer me. I suppose if I was brought up around that I might've tried it...to each his own.
BUT, if you travel (I used to travel, A LOT) you would miss out on "tasting" other cultures. It can be rewarding. OK, it can also give you the runs !!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
:secret::secret::secret::winks2::shit happens:

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Easy Boiled Eggs:

Place eggs in pot with room temp water. Bring to a boil ,take off heat.
Set timer for 7 minutes(adjust time to preference. @10 min they usually grey)
Pour out hot water, dump eggs into ice water (the cold shock help separate the shell from the egg) or cold water. Once cooled down place in fridge.

Last edited:

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I liked those....makes you....psilly, with a nice 3 point landing at the end, no scraping your nose.
Unless you take 7gs of potent booms...then you may hit a wall at full speed and get a first class lesson in biology as you put your skeleton back together.

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
Reaction score
Deviled Scrambled Eggs:

2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tsp minced onion, 1 Tsp minced parsley, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 Tsp Anchovy Paste, 4 eggs well beaten, 1 Tsp dry English mustard. Salt and pepper.
Melt butter in frying pan. Mix remaining ingredients together and add to melted butter. Cook slowly, stirring constantly, until creamy. Serve at once. Serves 3 or 4.

Marjorie Mosser, Good Maine Food. Doubleday and Company, Garden City NY. 1947

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
7C4BD242-7BB5-4E13-A474-A6D2C41E421E.jpeg

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
My recipe for pot brownies:

1. 1 box Duncan Hines brownie mix.
2. Pot

Mix together and bake. Eat.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Deviled Scrambled Eggs:

2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tsp minced onion, 1 Tsp minced parsley, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 Tsp Anchovy Paste, 4 eggs well beaten, 1 Tsp dry English mustard. Salt and pepper.
Melt butter in frying pan. Mix remaining ingredients together and add to melted butter. Cook slowly, stirring constantly, until creamy. Serve at once. Serves 3 or 4.

Marjorie Mosser, Good Maine Food. Doubleday and Company, Garden City NY. 1947
Are there supposed to be eggs in this recipe, or is that just the name of the recipe?

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
My recipe for pot brownies:

1. 1 box Duncan Hines brownie mix.
2. Pot

Mix together and bake. Eat.
And get a headache of lead. We tried that in HS

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

KnowWhy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mildred’s pantry hasn’t been through an earthquake. I store my liquids on the floor or secured unless they’re in a can.

Great food today. No turkey‍♂️

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Does anybody make their own granola bars or protein bars anything like that?

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Boy seeing this thread made me start craving my great grandma's sour cream coffee cake!
eating-pie.gif

Crikey! Thats from page one eight years ago when I started the thread. It's unbelievable how time flies.

https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/food-for-thought.366793/#post-320500

his recipe is very dear to my heart. It is my great grandmother's recipe from when she ran a boarding house in NY state. She farmed, butchered, cooked, cleaned, raised kids, baked breads and pie, made her own pillows with the chicken feathers etc. Hard core Great granny passed her resourcefulness onto my mom who in turn passed it onto me.
I started to make this coffee cake with my mom when I was just a little guy. I could then and sill now, eat an entire recipe in a day...yummy stuff. :)

Great Granny Hoff's
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE
Bake: 350*
45-50 min

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

1 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla

Cream butter & sugar, add eggs, beat well.
Add dry ingredients & SC, Van, and beat well

Topping: (more or less per taste)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Forgot to mention to pour half the batter in the pan, then add a fair amount of the topping over top of the batter and then add the remaining batter. Now when cut open, there will be a marble type effect with the sugar mix inside (very important :) )

Sampson

Digging for nuggets of knowledge
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I had to necro this thread for the garlic pull apart cast iron bread I made tonight.

First, start with 2 bulbs, about 20 to 25 cloves of garlic chopped finely.
Melt about a third of a cup of butter in the cast iron pan and slowly cook the garlic in it, not too hot.
Strain out the garlic solids and save the butter.
Mix the garlic solids into your yeast starter, and add about 2 cups water
Add about 4 cups flour, a palm of salt and mix it all up into a good dough ball.
Let rise for an hour or two.
Punch down and roll up 12 to 15 dough balls and arrange them in the cast iron pan.
Let rise for another hour or so.
Cover and brush with half of the saved garlic butter.
Throw them in a 500deg oven for about 10 minutes.
Take them out and brush with the rest of the melted butter.

These are the best damned simple buns and anyone who eats them will be coming back for more
20201220_170302.jpg
20201220_170321.jpg
20201220_170334.jpg
20201220_170352.jpg

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Mugs for Muscles
Toggle Navigation
July 6, 2018

PROTEIN ICE CREAM​

Protein Ice Cream

This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to learn more.
2225SHARES
Protein ice cream is one of the greatest tools in the healthy eating toolbox. Whether you have the world’s worst sweet tooth (me), have high protein goals that are difficult to reach without protein powder (me), or want to save money by avoiding the fancy healthy ice cream products (also me), making your own protein ice cream is the way to go.
All the recipes below have five ingredients or less and incorporate micronutrient packed fruits. But don’t worry, they’re still super creamy and satisfy those ice cream cravings.

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MAKING PROTEIN ICE CREAM:

• If a recipe calls for vanilla protein powder and cocoa powder, you can just use chocolate protein powder. I prefer the taste of vanilla protein with added cocoa over any chocolate protein powder I’ve ever had. Not to mention, you can use vanilla protein powder for just about any recipe. But going from chocolate protein to vanilla, on the other hand, is pretty much impossible.
  • You can use any liquid for these recipes. I typically use unsweetened almond or cashew milk since they have 25-30 calories per cup. If you have the calories available, using whole fat milks will make a thicker protein ice cream.
  • Many of the protein ice cream recipes below use frozen fruit as base ingredients. While the recipes are themed to that particular fruit, you can usually get away with substitutions for similar fruits. For example, mango could be swapped for pineapple, blueberries could be swapped for other berries, and you could even reduce carbs in a recipe by swapping an avocado for a banana.
  • You won’t see instructions under each protein ice cream recipe because they’re all the same. Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
And as one final note on making your protein ice cream, you can adjust the consistency to your preference by increasing/decreasing the liquid ingredients. If you’d like a thicker ice cream that can be scooped like the blueberry mango, use very little liquid. And if you like the frosty consistency of the piña colada protein ice cream, add more liquid. Gradually add it in and don’t be afraid to stray (slightly) from the recipe to make it work for your ingredients.
Blueberry Mango Protein Ice Cream

BLUEBERRY MANGO PROTEIN ICE CREAM

I’ve seen some call this recipe the best protein ice cream they’ve ever made. And who am I to disagree? In terms of consistency, it’s unbelievably creamy for the ingredients and virtually nonexistent fat content.
  • 1 C (140g) Frozen Blueberries
  • 1 C (140g) Frozen Mango Chunks
  • 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1/2 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
Macros: 305 Calories | 26P | 43C | 3F
This makes a large bowl. In the photo above, you’re looking at five large scoops of ice cream. And there were 3-4 scoops remaining. So if you’re on a lower calorie diet, cut the recipe in half and you’ll still have plenty of ice cream.
strawberry protein ice cream

STRAWBERRY PROTEIN ICE CREAM

Ready to open up a world of protein ice cream possibilities?
  • 1 ½ C (210g) Frozen Strawberries
  • 1 scoop (34g) Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 3-4 ounces Diet Soda
  • 1 Tbsp Stevia or 0-Cal Sweetener (optional)
  • Fat-Free Whipped Topping (optional)
Macros: 200 Calories, 24g Protein, 23g Carbs, 1g Fat
Diet soda say whaaaat? This is by far the most asked about protein ice cream ingredient, and I guess it does seem strange. The diet soda works like a semi leavening agent and creates a fluff effect in the ice cream. Seriously, ya just gotta try it.
I typically use Diet Dr. Pepper, but you can use any diet soda. In the photo above, I crumbled a bit of graham crackers on top. You could turn this into a strawberry cheesecake protein ice cream by adding a tablespoon of sugar free, fat free cheesecake pudding mix to the ice cream.
strawberry protein ice cream

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA PROTEIN ICE CREAM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the chocolate, peanut butter, and banana triplet is the most underrated flavor tandem out there. For real real, it’s just so darn tasty.
  • 1 large (110g) Frozen Banana
  • 1 scoop (34g) Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1 Tbsp (6g) PB2 or Powdered Peanut Butter
  • 1 Tbsp (5g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1/4 to 1/2 C Cashew Milk (less liquid = thicker ice cream)
Macros: 265 Calories, 27g Protein, 37g Carbs, 2g Fat
If you have the fat available, you could swap the PB2 for a tablespoon of real peanut butter to make this protein ice cream extra creamy. Depending on the size of your banana and the consistency of your protein powder, you may want to start with 1/4 C liquid and add as needed.
pina colada protein ice cream

PIÑA COLADA PROTEIN ICE CREAM (FROSTY CONSISTENCY)

If you’ve seen this recipe before, it’s because I originally developed it for Stronger U. If you’re unfamiliar with Stronger U, they’re the best nutrition coaching company on the globe, having helped over 10,000 people lose more than 100,000 pounds at this point. Disclaimer: I currently serve as their Chief Deliciousness Officer so I’m a bit biased.
  • 1 scoop (34g) Protein Powder
  • 1 C (140g) Frozen Pineapple Chunks
  • 1 Tbsp (7g) Sweetened Coconut Flakes
  • 1/4 C (60mL) Unsweetened Almond Milk
Macros: 262 Calories, 26g Protein, 29g Carbs, 4g Fat
By now you’re starting to see the power of frozen pineapple and mango, right? They’re extremely versatile, work really well with other fruits and ingredients, and make protein ice cream actually creamy without fat. S’magical.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Boy seeing this thread made me start craving my great grandma's sour cream coffee cake!
eating-pie.gif

Crikey! Thats from page one eight years ago when I started the thread. It's unbelievable how time flies.
WOWW, I can now have my "ice cream" THANK YOU, misty :2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished:

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
WOWW, I can now have my "ice cream" THANK YOU, misty :2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::finished::finished::finished:
Thats exactly what I said!

Me and ice cream have a dangerous relationship.

offourse2

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
Seeker
Reaction score
Scotch eggs. You will need 10 eggs two of them beaten for a wash, 1 pound of pork breakfast sausage, 1/4 cup of flour and a cup of bread crumbs. Place eight eggs in room temp water and bring to a boil, takeoff heat let sit in hot water for eight minutes then plunge eggs into ice water and peel. While you’re prepping the eggs let 1 pound of your favorite pork breakfast sausage come to room temperature. I prefer a store-bought sage sausage with some cayenne pepper added. Divide sausage into eight pieces and roll out to approximately a quarter inch thick. Lightly dust eggs with flour. Carefully cover the eggs with the sausage making sure to fully cover them no egg should be visible. Roll the sausage covered eggs thru the egg wash and then the bread crumbs, again insure full coverage this keeps them from splitting open while cooking. You can then pan fry or bake at 400 until well browned. I have found that an air fryer is perfect for cooking them, although I have to cook half a batch at a time. A light mist of cooking spray to the basket and cook about 12 minutes turning halfway through. Serve hot or cold. I like them with a little spicy mustard Yum This is gas station food in the UK and I’m really glad I was starving that day.

Attachments

• 091DD2FA-8C39-4EA6-80C4-F5ACE13E58A0.jpeg
    091DD2FA-8C39-4EA6-80C4-F5ACE13E58A0.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 21

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Very recently was the first time I had ever heard of peanut butter powder.

I have been eating a lot of regular peanut butter lately(peanuts & salt- not that hydrogenated oil stuff).

Currently trying to pull back my calories a bit and at 190cal a serving, the Pb's gotta go.

So i heard about this stuff in the bodybuilding community and kept in in the back of my mind until yesterday during an unexpected stop at a Walmart for a phone charger. I spotted it on a shelf above my head and grabbed a jar of the real pb to compare labels.

So the stuff I've been eating is 190cal serving with 16g fat and 7g carbs 8g protein @ a cost of around $.28 per serving.

Screenshot_20210716-163518~2.png

The powdered stuff has 1.5g fat 4g carbs & 6g protein and costs about $.14 per serving (IIDMYC) ( if I did my math correctly)
Screenshot_20210716-163702~3.png
Screenshot_20210716-163835.png

As soon as I got home I opened it up and follow the directions of a 2-2-1 powder to water ratio to make peanut butter and I was pretty darn shocked at the whole concept.

Anyway, wanted to let yall know in case you're looking for lower calorie dense foods high in protein, seeking a seemingly great prep item, or peeks your interest for another of the many reasons i can think of that makes this a great tool for your pantry.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Scotch eggs. You will need 10 eggs two of them beaten for a wash, 1 pound of pork breakfast sausage, 1/4 cup of flour and a cup of bread crumbs. Place eight eggs in room temp water and bring to a boil, takeoff heat let sit in hot water for eight minutes then plunge eggs into ice water and peel. While you’re prepping the eggs let 1 pound of your favorite pork breakfast sausage come to room temperature. I prefer a store-bought sage sausage with some cayenne pepper added. Divide sausage into eight pieces and roll out to approximately a quarter inch thick. Lightly dust eggs with flour. Carefully cover the eggs with the sausage making sure to fully cover them no egg should be visible. Roll the sausage covered eggs thru the egg wash and then the bread crumbs, again insure full coverage this keeps them from splitting open while cooking. You can then pan fry or bake at 400 until well browned. I have found that an air fryer is perfect for cooking them, although I have to cook half a batch at a time. A light mist of cooking spray to the basket and cook about 12 minutes turning halfway through. Serve hot or cold. I like them with a little spicy mustard Yum This is gas station food in the UK and I’m really glad I was starving that day.
That looks pretty darn edible.
giphy.webp

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

I have been eating a lot of regular peanut butter lately(peanuts & salt- not that hydrogenated oil stuff).

Currently trying to pull back my calories a bit and at 190cal a serving, the Pb's gotta go.

So i heard about this stuff in the bodybuilding community and kept in in the back of my mind until yesterday during an unexpected stop at a Walmart for a phone charger. I spotted it on a shelf above my head and grabbed a jar of the real pb to compare labels.

So the stuff I've been eating is 190cal serving with 16g fat and 7g carbs 8g protein @ a cost of around $.28 per serving.

View attachment 218211

The powdered stuff has 1.5g fat 4g carbs & 6g protein and costs about $.14 per serving (IIDMYC) ( if I did my math correctly)View attachment 218213View attachment 218212

As soon as I got home I opened it up and follow the directions of a 2-2-1 powder to water ratio to make peanut butter and I was pretty darn shocked at the whole concept.

Anyway, wanted to let yall know in case you're looking for lower calorie dense foods high in protein, seeking a seemingly great prep item, or peeks your interest for another of the many reasons i can think of that makes this a great tool for your pantry.
Taste is ok.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

View attachment 218211

The powdered stuff has 1.5g fat 4g carbs & 6g protein and costs about $.14 per serving (IIDMYC) ( if I did my math correctly)View attachment 218213View attachment 218212

its actually a decent survival prep food too. Without the oil added it can be stored much longer than regular peanut butter.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
its actually a decent survival prep food too. Without the oil added it can be stored much longer than regular peanut butter.
Only two ways I eat peanut butter. 1, A Butterfinger Candy Bar OR 2. a Boyer's Smoothie Cup. No Can Do Straight PB.
1627525577874.png
1627525603987.png

1627525657627.png

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Only two ways I eat peanut butter. 1, A Butterfinger Candy Bar OR 2. a Boyer's Smoothie Cup. No Can Do Straight PB.
View attachment 219454 View attachment 219455

View attachment 219456
SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR !!!
I like Adams, 2 ingredients, peanuts & salt. Seems to have a long shelf life, as we divide the huge 64 oz. jar into 2 smaller jars & keep it in the frig. I like to mix it up with a high quality Berry jam (low sugar) or a high quality, over 80% cocoa powder or Hershey's Unsweetened 100% Cocoa. No bread, just a small bowl & a spoon !!!
:refer::2 thumbs up: