• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

for reference

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
don't know if you guys have watched any of the news feeds re crypto,

but one after another crypto outfit of one type or another is singing praises and support for ukrainia,
vowing to shut down, disinfranchise, do whatever but actually conduct business with anything russhian

so I ask,

one of the promises of crypto was to be insulated from such,
to be free and open,
to be above the battle field of politics,

and of course, as time goes on,
come to find out, greed is good,
new boss = old boss

I don't want them to be pro or anti anything,
just want them to hush up and do what they do

just as with actors or doctors,
just stfu and do your thing

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Saw that Coinbase froze 25,000 accounts for activity related to Russia.

I have to think that all of this corporate virtue-signaling has something to do with pleasing the tax-master.

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Centralized businesses in crypto are still centralized and at risk of political and other pressures. That's why centralized services aren't crypto. That's why CeFi (centralized finance) is very different from DeFi (decentralized finance).

This is a key difference between smart contact crypto and Bitcoin. Smart contact crypto like Ethereum have unlimited decentralized functionality that can be added to it via its programmable Blockchain. DeFi and decentralized exchanges are just part of it. There is also decentralized anonymous orgs (DAOs) which basically replace centralized businesses. Bitcoin only has Bitcoin transaction functionality and is reliant on centralized services to fill the gaps on the rest. Basically Bitcoin requires CeFi, centralized companies, etc and IMO this not enough for a crypto revolution. It's why billionaires like Michael Saylor embrace only bitcoin, because they aren't interested in replacing the entire financial system. Smart contact crypto is looking at the bigger picture Bitcoin ignores, and will eventually take over surpassing bitcoin IMO.

Bitcoin replaces money. Ethereum replaces the entire financial system, centralized business structures, and potentially even government itself. I don't think this is well understood yet, but eventually government and regulators will catch on. When they do you can expect they will suddenly embrace Bitcoin (because it doesn't replace the financial system or them, and they can control it like they control gold), while attacking smart contract crypto as "dangerous." This crypto bull run has been stunted, I think because bitcoin is leading but its potential is reaching its limit. There's only so much use for "digital gold", especially when there is no larger decentralized infrastructure to use it. Meanwhile smart contract crypto has recently created dozens of stablecoins, decentralized exchanges, derivatives, lending facilities, NFTs, etc. and is just getting starting. It's clear bitcoin is not the decentralized revolution crypto promised, the Ukraine restrictions are the latest evidence of that--but the revolution is happening anyway via smart contract crypto.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Saw that Coinbase froze 25,000 accounts for activity related to Russia.

I have to think that all of this corporate virtue-signaling has something to do with pleasing the tax-master.
Careful who you crypto with! :oriental: