• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

For the farmers here --

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Especially anybody who would like a 40% greater yield.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/01/190103142306.htm

Shitdamnhell.

I just got a new computer. It has Numbah 10 on it and everything is fubar. I have been setting it up for two fargin days. I have NO way to send an email... I can RECEIVE, but cannot find how to send.

And I can no longer copy the stinkin' location of a stinking picture to post here.

Pusfartbubble snot-sheepleg.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
So plant evolution over time has failed?

Maybe plants are evolving over time to accommodate the deteriorating soil conditions over time

and it isn't as though big ag hasn't been quite effective...............

Historical Corn Grain Yields for the U.S.
R.L. (Bob) Nielsen
Agronomy Dept., Purdue Univ.
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2054
Email address: rnielsen at purdue.edu
Twitter: @PurdueCornGuy

• Corn grain yields have steadily increased in the U.S. since the late 1930's.
  • Only two major shifts in corn yield trends have occurred since records were first published in 1866.
  • Year-to-year departures from trend yield are influenced primarily by year-to-year variability in growing conditions.

istorical grain yields provide us with a glimpse of yields yet to come, although like the stock markets, past performance is no guarantee of the future. The historical yield data for corn in the U.S. illustrate the positive impact of improved crop genetics and crop production technologies.

From 1866, the first year USDA began to publish corn yield estimates, through about 1936, yields of open-pollinated corn varieties in the U.S. remained fairly stagnant and averaged about 26 bu/ac (1.6 MT/ha) throughout that 70-year period. Amazingly, the historical data indicate there was no appreciable change in productivity during that entire time period (Fig. 1), even though farmers' seed-saving practices represented a form of plant breeding.

Rapid adoption of double-cross hybrid corn by American growers began in the late 1930's, in the waning years of the Dust Bowl and Great Depression. Within a very few years, the yield data indicated that a significant improvement in corn productivity had occurred, that resulted in an annual rate of yield improvement of about 0.8 bu/ac/year from about 1937 through about 1955 (Fig. 1).

A second significant improvement in the annual rate of yield gain began in the mid-1950's in response to continued improvement in crop genetics, increasing adoption of N fertilizer and chemical pesticides, and agricultural mechanization (Fig. 1). Since 1955, corn grain yields in the U.S. have increased at a fairly constant 1.9 bushels per acre per year, sustained primarily by continued improvements in genetics and crop production technologies (Fig. 1).

Some speculate that a third significant improvement in the annual rate of yield gain is "on the horizon", in part due to the advent and adoption of transgenic hybrid traits beginning in the mid-1990's. However, the USDA-NASS yield data show little evidence that the yield trend has deviated since the last big shift beginning in the mid-1950's (Fig. 1).

Annual yield estimates fluctuate above and below the yield trend line over the years (Fig. 2). The annual departure from yield is primarily in response to variability in growing conditions year to year (weather, pests). The Great Drought of 2012 certainly resulted in dramatic and historic reductions in corn grain yield relative to trend lines, but the greatest negative departure from trend yield actually occurred more than 100 years earlier during the Great Drought of 1901. The annual departures from trend yield since the mid-1950's reinforce the evidence from Fig. 1 that the advent and adoption of transgenic hybrid traits beginning in the mid-1990's has not resulted in noticeably greater departures from trend yield.

So, the good news is that corn grain yields in the U.S. have steadily increased since the 1950's. The sobering news is that, in order to support the ever-burgeoning world population in the years to come, a third and MAJOR shift in the annual rate of yield gain will be required.

Fig. 1.

Fig. 2.

https://www.agry.purdue.edu/ext/corn/news/timeless/YieldTrends.html

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Shitdamnhell.

I just got a new computer. It has Numbah 10 on it and everything is fubar. I have been setting it up for two fargin days. I have NO way to send an email... I can RECEIVE, but cannot find how to send.

And I can no longer copy the stinkin' location of a stinking picture to post here.

I HATE WINDOWS 10! It's farkin EVIL and STUPIDER THAN EVER! Designed by Fisher Price & the Common Core Curriculum.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Good stuff Walter.
I could use a 40% increase in my cannabis production.

In my opinion there is no world shortage of food.
There is a problem with distribution.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
A 40 percent increase in lawn growth will not be cut more frequently!

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We wouldn't need to increase corn production any more if we'd just stop dumping it into our gas tanks, only to drive to the supermarket to load up on more high fructose corn syrup.

Maybe we are really only zombie slaves and corn is the master elite being. Like good servants, we subsidize it, cultivate it, irrigate it, hack out forest and fence rows to grow more of it, kill bugs that damage it, tweak the genes to increase production... On and on it goes.

Any better explanation?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Good stuff Walter.
I could use a 40% increase in my cannabis production.

In my opinion there is no world shortage of food.
There is a problem with distribution.
Yowza, first thing I thought of was you, bro.

Competitive market = Given.

That means if you can increase yield by 40%, you can cut your price -- and still have a larger %-age profit than those who don't keep up wid dem scientists.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I HATE WINDOWS 10! It's farkin EVIL and STUPIDER THAN EVER! Designed by Fisher Price & the Common Core Curriculum.
You clearly know where I am right now.

I was able to get here the other day for a while... then lost how to get here. Then came the GIANT RED WARNING page. And a fuckin' VOICE comes roaring out of my fucking speakers telling me I am under attack. <<-- This, Pilgrims, is the penalty for typing the GIM2 URL in while using this pus-licking, birdshit non-operating system.

And I had no choice.

LATE EDIT ADD:

THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED. YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
OH GAAAAAHHH

I JUST DISCOVERED ALL MY WORD FILES ARE UNREADABLE!

I CAN GO TO THE PROPER TITLE... (*CLICK*) … GIBBERISH.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
OH GAAAAAHHH

Purey evil, terribly devolved and designed for people with no motor skills or common sense. Absolutely retarded as feck!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
OH GAAAAAHHH

Unh, Walter, you need to install MS Word before you can read those files.
Send yer compuker to me and I'll fix it up so it will work fine & dandy.

BF
PS I hear yer pain

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
You clearly know where I am right now.

THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED. YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the new FARM ECONOMY. Where they farm ur old naive ass for all it's worth.

NEVER EVER buy a new computer. (Didn't you ever read the 'senility and you' thread?)

1546961182319.png

Stick with the classics.

They just figured out how to yield 40% more of your SS check.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Unh, Walter, you need to install MS Word before you can read those files.
Send yer compuker to me and I'll fix it up so it will work fine & dandy.

BF
PS I hear yer pain
That may be (is) a problem:

I only have MS-Office. Jeez.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

RealJack

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
What's the point of upgrading a system when it downgrades the user experience?

We used to be concerned about using smart phones while driving, now we're driving around in gigantic smart phones.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Absolutely. But long term, everyone.. starves.
Naturally. I often proselytize "Nutrient Density" to people who haven't grasped how that relates to costing food purchases/amount of ingestion. Naturally I get a lot of blank stares.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I often proselytize "Nutrient Density"
Ain't that the 'don't-eat-the-animals' people's mantra?
Why do we feed three tons of grain to an animal to produce 200 pounds of meat? sort of thing?

Personally — I LOVE bacon.
and don't get me started on T-bone steak
<goes best with beer>
:beer:
rite thar on my plate 'side my smashed potatoes...

BF

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Why do we feed three tons of grain to an animal to produce 200 pounds of meat? sort of thing?

<goes best with beer>

BF
No, animals are very nutrient dense. I don't eat the ones fed GMO corn, but otherwise they are good eating.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Animal yield per acre/lb feed:

Crawfish followed by chickens.

IIRC. Mebbe I should check. But I seem to remember they get about 6000 pounds per acre

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This is the reason Americans are so fat. Too much food, too few nutrients. What good is doubling food production if you have to eat three times as much ro get the same micronutrients?
Nice to see you around OMS. How the little one?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

<goes best with beer>

BF
No it's about eating Earth Grown nutrients as close to the source as possible, avoiding powders, pills, potions and poisonous chemical cocktails.

Earth grown nutrients have sustained humans since the dawn of civilization. Don't mess with Mother Nature cause you will lose.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
We wouldn't need to increase corn production any more if we'd just stop dumping it into our gas tanks, only to drive to the supermarket to load up on more high fructose corn syrup.

Maybe we are really only zombie slaves and corn is the master elite being. Like good servants, we subsidize it, cultivate it, irrigate it, hack out forest and fence rows to grow more of it, kill bugs that damage it, tweak the genes to increase production... On and on it goes.

Any better explanation?

Why can't they engineer a strain of corn that won't make my poop look so nasty?

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Shitdamnhell.

Now that's funny, like way funny. When saving a picture do the save as option and when the box pops up to save as scroll to where you want the picture saved. Or you can look in quick access. Thing you are going to find out about ten is that pictures will save in multiple places and then they won't which is very frustrating. Then there is the ghost files, the files that have just one bit in them but are still listed as a file.....now those a muderpuckers to find and delete because you have to know exactly where they are. I did the command prompt and got rid of a lot of them, deleted some more and have yet to venture back into command prompt land.

Here is one for you and this one you will love cuz it is going to happen to you if you do not use office suite or office 360. I like open office, always have BUT micro-butt did an update on 360 and they hijacked every dammm PDF and word document and get this, and they created a duplicate of their own. Well sorry me but I never did a document in word but all of a sudden all I had was graph paper on the 360 hijacked docs and my other docs I had to do the view in option. Talk about frustrating!

So I googled as a googler does and all the boneheads were saying that you had to purchase the micro-butt license just do delete what micro-butt did.....I searched and searched and I figured it out; just command prompt 360 suit or what ever it is called out of there. And, I am happy now except I still have to get rid of a bunch of ghost stuff.

I use a third party e-mail like two of them and never use outlook but as I kind of remember you have to open a micro-butt account and your sign in will be the pass word for that account so if they/them/those and the others crack your micro-butt pass word they will have access to all of your e-mails. One thing I like about the edge browser is it does delete browsing history after I close it but the fox aka mozzila will not and I have the mozilla set up to delete.

Another thing. If your puter starts acting funny like persnikity funny do not do like I did and think it just has an attitude. I found out by using the f2 thingy that my HDD had failed somewhat and get this IT WAS 2 MONTHS OUT OF WARRANTY. Go figure? Now I just limp along.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I tried smoking crawdad's but I couldn't keep them lit. Switches to shrimp.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
WALT...sorry fer yelling...Walt, since you have a tenthingymabob lets me and you do a 3dpaint competition? Oh come on it will be fun; we can show everyone how much we actually do not know. We will be on equal footing and every one else can join in or root us on. *secrets* I still ain't figured that stuff out.

Lets do...

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Sweet corn cakes are killer!.....
ehh, don't know about sweet cakes but my Grandmaw showed me how todo corn fritters. We were after all eating what she had to cook because that was all there was...….K, deleted shit cuz its not better known or better not known.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
so? what about hominids? sorry did I get that wrong?

wernt there something about poop and cakes?
Fiber...Nick has gut bug issues—->cannot digest corn = ugly poop.

Fiber is what Nick needs.
My theory is until he fixes his gut , hominy will digest better than gmo corn.
Fiber and happy gut bugs is a nutritional secret.

Take a can of sweet corn , crack an egg , smash up some crackers , season and mix and then make a pattie or corn cake...
Fried in your favorite oil...I like avacado oil and Danish butter..

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Fiber is what Nick needs.
My theory is until he fixes his gut , hominy will digest better than gmo corn.
Fiber and happy gut bugs is a nutritional secret.

Take a can of sweet corn , crack an egg , smash up some crackers , season and mix and then make a pattie or corn cake...
Fried in your favorite oil...I like avacado oil and Danish butter..
now ur talkin.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
oh crap or not crap...NICK..If you are worried about your poop just know....YOU are leaving it behind. it cannot jump up out of the trench or out of the commode. BUTT if there is anything there then the chickens will sort it out......hahahaha I gots to quit.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Shitdamnhell.

The way I read that and understand it is that the plants are grabbing oxygen instead of CO2. IMO the CO2 level is to low on the planet. I've read where yields are substantially increased in greenhouses where CO2 is added, up to 1400 PPM. My guess is that CO2 levels were higher in the past and plants evolved to grow at those levels. With the lower levels we have now the plants are suffering.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The way I read that and understand it is that the plants are grabbing oxygen instead of CO2. IMO the CO2 level is to low on the planet. I've read where yields are substantially increased in greenhouses where CO2 is added, up to 1400 PPM. My guess is that CO2 levels were higher in the past and plants evolved to grow at those levels. With the lower levels we have now the plants are suffering.
I read a book years ago in fact it was eyons ago. Name of the book: The War Between Plants and Animals. The animals pulled ahead and the plants pulled ahead and it flipped flopped like that all though the book and get this "there were no people around." The author used the geological accepted time lines along with the fauna of the time and proved his point. I ….I just looked it up.

http://discovermagazine.com/1993/jul/thewarbetweenpla248

haha poopies…..well they say the first thing to go is your memory hahahah....