• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

For the gold bugs.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
If you have not noticed, much ramblings by Armstrong, Sinclair, and others about gold movement. What catches my attention is Sinclair and Armstrong are rarely in agreement, but both have mentioned a 5 K valuation. Received this bit from a friend, paid subscription, no link. Keep in mind the Treasury Secretary just visited Ft Knox. Fire away.

The Fed isn’t getting the pound of flesh (inflation) it seeks. But, as Jim Rickards points out, it does have options.

“The Fed can cause massive inflation in 15 minutes,” he wrote this week. “They can call a board meeting, vote on a new policy, walk outside and announce to the world that effective immediately, the price of gold is $5,000 per ounce.

“The Fed can make that new price stick by using the Treasury’s gold in Fort Knox and the major U.S. bank gold dealers to conduct ‘open market operations’ in gold. They will be a buyer if the price hits $4,950 per ounce or less and a seller if the price hits $5,050 per ounce or higher.

“They will print money when they buy and reduce the money supply when they sell via the banks. This is exactly what the Fed does today in the bond market when they pursue QE. The Fed would simply substitute gold for bonds in their dealings. The Fed would target the gold price rather than interest rates.”

Rickards has been, as you may know, rather prescient this last year with a couple of his big predictions.

And, now he sees something strange happening with the “higher-ups” and gold. Namely that the politicos are publicly giving gold the finger with their left hand, while slipping their right hands beneath golden sheets.

Something strange is going on with gold. And it could mean chaos at Fort Knox.

Read on.

[Ed. note: “No one is talking about this,” Rickards wrote in a recent email. On Monday, Aug. 21, Donald Trump’s treasury secretary visited the U.S. gold holdings in Fort Knox."

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Should I be looking to buy gold now, numbers? What's your take on this?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
They announced a new gold bull market a couple of weeks ago and it appears to be a good call. It should continue to go up, retrace and then resume. I expect new all time highs before Trump retires.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
"To Da MOON!!!!!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Just for whatever it's worth, I watched several Peter Schiff videos from last week, I believe and he was saying that if the price of gold actually hits $1300, he believes it will stay above that price and continue up. Here we are, what, nine days over $1300, now. I don't recall him stating a price point for the highs, but he was convinced that a move up was inevitable. His take, as I recall, was that the high lows and low highs were converging and the space between was getting smaller and smaller. He took this as the sign, chart wise, that a breakout was coming. He made at least three videos on this. He seemed jazzed about it.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Better back up the truck Shooter. Sell 10% of your armory and buy a ton or so.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I mentioned in a recent post I myself have been in the stock market for the past few years, I re evaluate come October/ November. I suspect if you are like me, you probably have " enough" already and should have been enjoying your interests while waiting for a break out....the monkey off my back was Nobama's long awaited departure and Trump's appearance. I believe with competent leadership, a black swan is unlikely to suddenly appear. If it does, my thanks go to Nobama for arming up the middle class and causing wide scale prepping early on when prices were much cheaper than today. I am not back to buying PMs just yet, as with any bull there will be a lot of signals, fake outs, pull backs,....the Treasury Sec's publicized visit to Ft Knox does tell me we should be thinking about gold, but not buying just yet unless you currently have none. All those folks in Houston need food, water, and shelter- not gold. When the water recedes, they can fish out their gold and rebuild.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I mentioned in a recent post I myself have been in the stock market for the past few years, I re evaluate come October/ November. I suspect if you are like me, you probably have " enough" already and should have been enjoying your interests while waiting for a break out....the monkey off my back was Nobama's long awaited departure and Trump's appearance. I believe with competent leadership, a black swan is unlikely to suddenly appear. If it does, my thanks go to Nobama for arming up the middle class and causing wide scale prepping early on when prices were much cheaper than today. I am not back to buying PMs just yet, as with any bull there will be a lot of signals, fake outs, pull backs,....the Treasury Sec's publicized visit to Ft Knox does tell me we should be thinking about gold, but not buying just yet unless you currently have none. All those folks in Houston need food, water, and shelter- not gold. When the water recedes, they can fish out their gold and rebuild.
That's pretty much the way I see it too. I've got a good handle on preps and I'm comfortable with my holdings as they stand now. If things change, so can I

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I don't sell firearms. Once they hit my evil little hands they stay with me
Good man. You know what's valuable and what warms your heart.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
If fake bitcoin can go over 4k, gold can easily go over 10k when tptb quit hammering it down
Let's be honest. Gold should be 10K and bitcoin should be zero. Bitcoin isn't anything, therefore it shouldn't have a monetary value. I never thought I would live to see the day people would pay thousands of dollars for nothing.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Let's be honest. Gold should be 10K and bitcoin should be zero. Bitcoin isn't anything, therefore it shouldn't have a monetary value. I never thought I would live to see the day people would pay thousands of dollars for nothing.
BTC is yet another trap laid out by the central banks. Sheeple are pouring 10's of millions of dollars into BTC trying to get in on the 'ground floor'. The banks give the sheeple enough rope to hang themselves and those sheeple march to the same drummer over and over again.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
BTC is yet another trap laid out by the central banks. Sheeple are pouring 10's of millions of dollars into BTC trying to get in on the 'ground floor'. The banks give the sheeple enough rope to hang themselves and those sheeple march to the same drummer over and over again.
You know the jigs up on Cryptos when every bank, finance corporation, and used car lot are creating their own block chain technology crypto currency.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
You know the jigs up on Cryptos when every bank, finance corporation, and used car lot are creating their own block chain technology crypto currency.
AND Some how this remarkable world of crypto currencies gets vandalized and the owners get ripped off on such a secure platform. WTF ??

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I could tell you if I did or not but then I'd have to kill you :belly laugh:
And believe me, he has the means to do it. And he's probably mean enough. :smiles:

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Nibble, nibble, and nibble, that's all I do nowadays...I'm happy.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
image.jpeg
You're in the stock market, but were telling everyone here it was going to crash the last 3 years because of some random numbers?
For the record, pull up my past posts. I have followed Armstrong's take on a 22-25,000 Dow for quite some time. While not in full agreement with his " numbers", he has been the closest one since 2012/13 in his forecasts. His cycle charts ( I have posted many) finally convinced me to go" all in" in late 2015 in my companies 6 percent match, and the last two years have been very good. Time to re- evaluate in Oct, as many other greats are calling for some huge moves in PM's.