• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

For those that are new to gold, silver, miners, etc...

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Please feel free to post your questions - items of interest and our staff will be more than happy to assist you with your awakening...

Regarding the "staff" - dont expect much. Some are senile, others are drunk and yet others are just batshit crazy.

But - they have been involved in the gold/silver market since before you were probably born...

There is a wealth of knowledge in this group - and some of them may be willing to help you with your questions...

So...ask away...

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Some are senile, others are drunk and yet others are just batshit crazy.
I've been buying PM's since the late 60's
AND I am ALL of the above ! So fucking what ? :2 thumbs up::oriental::green tea::gracious:

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Hi I am new to this site and I have a few questions.
1) How much does 1 silver contract cost in the futures market?
2) if a 100 trillion ton asteroid made of gold landed in my backyard, do I get to keep it?
3) Are we smarter than an octopus?
4) What are the best gold and silver stocks to buy?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hi I am new to this site and I have a few questions.
2) if a 100 trillion ton asteroid made of gold landed in my backyard, do I get to keep it?
3) Are we smarter than an octopus?
4) What are the best gold and silver stocks to buy?
YUP, you are a newbie, ALL of your questions are not well thought out, EXCEPT for #3, octopussies are smarter than the average newbie to PM's. :gracious::belly laugh::belly laugh::belly laugh:

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That is an excellent question, and it shows you are perfectly suitable for this website. The initial cost is low to control a full 5,000 ounces of paper silver. That is called LEVERAGE!! You know that it works by simply looking at the bankers, who always make profits when they buy back the silver futures they sold to drive prices lower to force you to sell too. I can guarantee that buying paper futures will be an intensive educational experience. I am happy to contribute to your learning process. :beer:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That is an excellent question, and it shows you are perfectly suitable for this website. The initial cost is low to control a full 5,000 ounces of paper silver. That is called LEVERAGE!! You know that it works by simply looking at the bankers, who always make profits when they buy back the silver futures they sold to drive prices lower to force you to sell too. I can guarantee that buying paper futures will be an intensive educational experience. I am happy to contribute to your learning process. :beer:
If you don't hold it, you don't own it!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Unless you are 200 miles away when that asteroid lands there won't be anything left of you so you could collect. :blew up:
OR
NO, But anybody who inherits or buys your former property will. :secret:

"NEXT"

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
"He called us STAFF, eh,eh)
1570895598072.png

1570895629906.png

YMMV

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Unless you are 200 miles away when that asteroid lands there won't be anything left of you so you could collect. :blew up:
OR
NO, But anybody who inherits or buys your former property will. :secret:

"NEXT"
It's not former property. It's still [property, just rearranged a bit is all]!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
'If you can't fold it, you don't own it'

more innocuous wisdom dead ahead should you choose to accept the mission
Those days are slowly coming to an end until one day the balloon with burst and the final kracken will be released. By then it's too late to prepare.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I've been looking to pick up some silver miners. Any suggestions? I've already been looking at AG, EXK, and SVM. Any exciting jr's I should be looking at?

Strawboss

Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I've been looking to pick up some silver miners. Any suggestions? I've already been looking at AG, EXK, and SVM. Any exciting jr's I should be looking at?
Too early for the juniors me thinks...

I would add WPM to your list and go overweight it...

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Years ago when I was entering my teen years I had an uncle that had one of those corner grocery stores that were scattered in every city before the dawn of the supermarket era. I remember my uncle would always segregate silver dollars in the cash register and I would guess one or two a day would come in. He also had an 8 acre hideaway out in the woods he would visit one day a week. Time went on and things passed and I happened to be in the nearby town to his old hideaway and was drinking coffee with some farmers that, after I explained abut my uncle having a place nearby back in the day had quite a story for me. This other farmer they said was converting the old place to cropland and was knocking down the buildings when his equipment was hitting big glass jars. Upon inspection the farmer found that the jar was filled with old silver dollars. He then decided to drag a blade across the ground and found numerous jars like that. I was pretty intrigued by it all remembering that my uncle had sold pickles one by one out of big glass jars so I asked just how much silver was found. The general consensus was that no one knew for sure but did say that the farmer quickly thereafter sold the farm and he and his wife left town never to be heard from again.
I think back and remember my uncle got a lot of mail from the John Birch Society that I never read but was always confused by all correspondence from them said something referring to America being a Republic that I didn't understand at the time. This was in the mid 1960's when the clad coin came into use so the way I see it people have been hoarding since at least back then.
Who would have thought?

Strawboss

Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Hey Weatherman - do you keep up with the juniors these days?

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Years ago when I was entering my teen years I had an uncle that had one of those corner grocery stores that were scattered in every city before the dawn of the supermarket era. I remember my uncle would always segregate silver dollars in the cash register and I would guess one or two a day would come in. He also had an 8 acre hideaway out in the woods he would visit one day a week. Time went on and things passed and I happened to be in the nearby town to his old hideaway and was drinking coffee with some farmers that, after I explained abut my uncle having a place nearby back in the day had quite a story for me. This other farmer they said was converting the old place to cropland and was knocking down the buildings when his equipment was hitting big glass jars. Upon inspection the farmer found that the jar was filled with old silver dollars. He then decided to drag a blade across the ground and found numerous jars like that. I was pretty intrigued by it all remembering that my uncle had sold pickles one by one out of big glass jars so I asked just how much silver was found. The general consensus was that no one knew for sure but did say that the farmer quickly thereafter sold the farm and he and his wife left town never to be heard from again.
I think back and remember my uncle got a lot of mail from the John Birch Society that I never read but was always confused by all correspondence from them said something referring to America being a Republic that I didn't understand at the time. This was in the mid 1960's when the clad coin came into use so the way I see it people have been hoarding since at least back then.
Who would have thought?
I can relate to the practice at the market.
My grandfather did this in his grocery stores and my dad did this with quarters and dimes at his carry-out. (S.D.s were long gone by the time he bought the carry-out). (I've told the story on what my uncle did as executor of my grandfather's estate in another thread)
One thing I got from my father's days of his carry-out is and old, heavy, 10K Au, 10x9mm oval Ruby ring. It was the last thing he personally gave to me while he lived.
I still wear it to this day, and get compliments at least once a week over it.
Dad had taken it in trade for a case of beer. Although the man was a regular customer he never came back to pay for that beer, never asked for the ring back.
25 years ago a friend I had in the jewelry repair business asked to see the ring. He said his material costs just to recreate the ring would be $600.00 not including his labor.
Hell of a trade for a case of beer.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hey Weatherman - do you keep up with the juniors these days?
Not yet. A wise man in #15 above said to overweight WPM, and I have been essentially all in WPM since it was Silver Wheaton (SLW). I am convinced gold will rise substantially in the coming years, and that silver will be gold on steroids.
I am sitting tight in hopes that I be right. :beer: