• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Found precious gems in my perlite

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I grow tomatoes in coco with Perlite mixed in. I reuse it several times so as I was sifting through some used stuff and replanting this dark colored stone rolls out.. This was a couple months ago.
Getting ready for garden season i was sifting through some more last night and an even larger one popped out. Kind of a light purple. Probably very rare purple diamonds so looks like I am rich at last. :dduck:One is maybe a carrot and the other probably close to 2. All that hard work finally paid off. :mining::mining:Now I'm going fishing:fishing::fishing::fishing::dduck:

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I grow tomatoes in coco with Perlite mixed in. I reuse it several times so as I was sifting through some used stuff and replanting this dark colored stone rolls out.. This was a couple months ago.
Getting ready for garden season i was sifting through some more last night and an even larger one popped out. Kind of a light purple. Probably very rare purple diamonds so looks like I am rich at last. :dduck:One is maybe a carrot and the other probably close to 2. All that hard work finally paid off. :mining::mining:Now I'm going fishing:fishing::fishing::fishing::dduck:
Shhhhh! Probably best not to broadcast your great find to this crowd.
You may soon be overrun with GIM2 prospectors!

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Million dollars a carrot. :) Just went digging some more and found a 3rd one. Calling Apmex on Monday to order a couple monster boxes of gold eagles, maybe some buffalo's as well. :)

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Are you sure it aint fossilized cat poo ? Jus' Axin'

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I know it's probably just obsidian or something but it looks like purple diamonds. :)

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Before you do the hookers and blow routine you may want to see if the nubs will scratch glass.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
here's a couple outdoor photos. _DSC0084.JPG _DSC0086.JPG

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yep, those gotta be diamonds. You be rich!!!

:2 thumbs up:
Sweet, off to the dealership. Finally gettin rid of this old truck. :)

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Perlite is an amorphous volcanic glass that has a relatively high water content, typically formed by the hydration of obsidian. It occurs naturally and has the unusual property of greatly expanding when heated sufficiently. It is an industrial mineral and a commercial product useful for its low density after processing.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Perlite is an amorphous volcanic glass that has a relatively high water content, typically formed by the hydration of obsidian. It occurs naturally and has the unusual property of greatly expanding when heated sufficiently. It is an industrial mineral and a commercial product useful for its low density after processing.
And aren't you just a expert on the topic.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
OK, OK, how bout this then:

The photos of the crystals demonstrates the difference between directed light (the LED flashlite) and diffused light (the light from the sky in this case).
So, if ya want to get some good closeup photos of rocks use directed lighting.

OK,
I'm done
BF

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So I guess that means I need about a gazillion tons of this stuff before I can order my Porshe? Hopefully the ol truck didn't hear about me wanting to get rid of her. :( :secret::show love::show affection:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
And aren't you just a expert on the topic.

Hahahaha I wish...

There is a Perlite Institute.....

Only reason I know a little about Perlite is because about 10 yrs ago Coopersmith turned me on to it as a medium for growing cannabis...100% Perlite...

Then Coopersmith took me to a factory here in Colorado that makes it...

Saved me a shit pot of money as the markup between factory and hydro grow store was criminal...

$8-9 a bag at the factory , $25-30 retail...

Persolite Products, Inc.

Florence, Colorado

Persolite Products is a processer of perlite. Our company was founded in 1953, and located in Florence, Colorado since 1959. We have been family owned and operated since 1972.

Our company expands perlite for horticulture, insulation, building materials, and will work with customers on custom blends.

PRODUCTS

Horticultural
Concrete Aggregate
Insulation
Texture
Filtration

F4F6B900-9464-4A06-8E20-F66D0D62BE0E.png 47AA41DC-0E04-4354-BF33-A74B84A0A382.jpeg
CCFFE44E-1395-479D-84C4-02003CE867CE.jpeg 471C926D-E35A-4359-AD2B-7C3A15D76456.jpeg

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hummmm
some stuff, very useful.

Raw perilite = 1.1 g/cm³
Expanded perilite = 0.03–0.150 g/cm³

Chemical composition
70–75% silicon dioxide: SiO²​
12–15% aluminium oxide: Al²O³​
3–4% sodium oxide: Na²O​
3–5% potassium oxide: K²O​
0.5-2% iron oxide: Fe²O³​
0.2–0.7% magnesium oxide: MgO​
0.5–1.5% calcium oxide: CaO​

A nonrenewable resource.

BF

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Hahahaha I wish...

Only reason I know a little about Perlite is because about 10 yrs ago Coopersmith turned me on to it as a medium for growing cannabis...100% Perlite...

Saved me a shit pot of money as the markup between factory and hydro grow store was criminal...

Persolite Products, Inc.

Florence, Colorado

Persolite Products is a processer of perlite. Our company was founded in 1953, and located in Florence, Colorado since 1959. We have been family owned and operated since 1972.

Our company expands perlite for horticulture, insulation, building materials, and will work with customers on custom blends.

PRODUCTS

Horticultural
Concrete Aggregate
Insulation
Texture
Filtration

View attachment 126333 View attachment 126334
View attachment 126329 View attachment 126330
Yea but does your cheap stuff come with diamonds in it? :summer::dduck: That reminds me. Gonna go do some more mining tonight, see if there's anymore. :)

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Hahahaha I wish...

Persolite Products, Inc.

Florence, Colorado

PRODUCTS

Horticultural
Concrete Aggregate
Insulation
Texture
Filtration

View attachment 126333 View attachment 126334
View attachment 126329 View attachment 126330
Compared to my knowledge of perlite, you are an expert.