• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Four Drinks a Day Keeps the Dementia Away

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Moderate to heavy alcohol drinkers are more likely to reach age 85 without developing dementia and similar cognitive issues when compared to non-drinkers, according to a new study from the University of California, San Diego.

The research is the latest in a series of studies that observe how factors like genetics, one’s diet and the environment impact the development of dementia.

“Moderate and heavy drinkers had 2-fold higher odds of living to age 85 without cognitive impairment relative to non-drinkers,” the study says.

Moderate drinking is characterized by consuming up to one alcoholic beverage daily for adult women of any age, as well as men aged 65 and older, according to a UC San Diego statement.

Heavy drinking is defined as up to three alcoholic beverages daily for all adult women, and men aged 65 and older, the statement says. The label also applies to adult men younger than 65 who consume four drinks daily. Excessive drinking occurs when an alcohol drinker consumes more than these amounts.

“[The study] does not suggest drinking is responsible for increased longevity and cognitive health,” UC San Diego said. “Alcohol consumption, particularly wine, is associated with higher incomes and education levels, which in turn are associated with lower rates of smoking, lower rates of mental illness and better access to health care.”

The study was primarily based on middle-class white men and women from Rancho Bernardo, a community in California’s North County. UC San Diego examined 1,344 older adults between 1984 and 2013, and all participants had at least some college education, university officials said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/08/02/moderate-heavy-drinking-dementia-mental-health-study/

OK - under 65; four drinks a day. Over 65; three drinks a day. Looks like I'm good for about 54,750 drinks to catch up.

BF

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
“[The study] does not suggest drinking is responsible for increased longevity and cognitive health,” UC San Diego said. “Alcohol consumption, particularly wine, is associated with higher incomes and education levels, which in turn are associated with lower rates of smoking, lower rates of mental illness and better access to health care.”
Shit,
The headline had me feeling pretty good about myself till I read the fine print...................

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Gives more credence to the idea of consuming a glass (4 ounces) of red wine per day for health in general. Alcohol is a solvent and as such may help cleanse the blood (and brain?) when used in moderation.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Another media half baked story, 3 beers have less alcohol than one mixed drink given the %, same with wine, they need to show more clarity on their reporting.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Another media half baked story, 3 beers have less alcohol than one mixed drink given the %, same with wine, they need to show more clarity on their reporting.
There are some delicious exceptions.
For instance:
P1010001.JPG
P1010002.JPG

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
I drink one bottle of red wine per day (most days anyway, if I don't have to work at night). I have a high alcohol tolerance and stop early so I never go to bed looped. Hoping to live to 125 or more....

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Howdy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
If this isn't outright fake news, it only applies to homemade beer/wine. Store bought booze has all sorts of undisclosed ingredients like formeldahyde that probably cause dementia.

Drinks all around!

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I never liked lone star or pearl beer growing up - it wasn't tasty from my point of view, but these craft beers, they are good!!!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Gives more credence to the idea of consuming a glass (4 ounces) of red wine per day for health in general. Alcohol is a solvent and as such may help cleanse the blood (and brain?) when used in moderation.
Alcohol.JPG

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I never liked lone star or pearl beer growing up - it wasn't tasty from my point of view, but these craft beers, they are good!!!
YOU DIDN'T LIKE PEARL! What kinda man in his right mind don't like Pearl? (At least the way they used to make it).
:beer:
BF

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Beer is an unfinished product. After fermentation you put it in the still to make Whisky!

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
funny thing is I told some 70 year olds this and they were making plans to get some scotch and wine. One thing butch did say is that every one he knows/knew who didn't drink suffered the dementia. So there has to be some truth in this drinking thing.

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
funny thing is I told some 70 year olds this and they were making plans to get some scotch and wine. One thing butch did say is that every one he knows/knew who didn't drink suffered the dementia. So there has to be some truth in this drinking thing.
All right anecdotal evidence!
:dancing guy:dancing guy:dancing guy:dancing guy:dancing guy
BF