• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

France: Prostitution now legal, paying for sex illegal

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
France: Prostitution now legal, paying for sex illegal
By Holly Yan, CNN

Updated 4:35 PM ET, Thu April 7, 2016

France makes paying for sex illegal 01:23

(CNN)Paying for sex in France is about to get a lot more expensive.

France has joined a growing number of European countries that criminalize clients of prostitutes.
The French National Assembly outlawed the hiring of prostitutes while eliminating penalties for sex workers. Paying for sex services now carries a fine of 1,500 euros ($1,700). Repeat offenders could be fined up to 3,750 euros ($4,260).
Clients will also have to enroll in workshops to learn about the plight of sex workers, according to the National Assembly's website.
Meanwhile, sex workers will no longer be fined or jailed for public soliciting. And foreign sex workers actively trying to get out of prostitution can be given a six-month residential permit and state funding to prevent prostitution.

131204203002-prostitutes-france-demonstration-story-body.jpg

Le Monde editor on prostitution bill 07:54

The measure has been quite controversial in France, having bounced back and forth between the legislature's two chambers since 2013. It passed Wednesday in the National Assembly by a vote of 64 to 12.
"I think this prostitution bill is a good thing," one Parisian wrote on Twitter. "They finally understand that the clients are guilty."
But many wondered how prostitution could be legalized if the purchase of sex is now illegal.
"This anti-prostitution law is as if we allowed bakers to display their cakes but didn't allow people to buy them," Micky Marty tweeted.
France follows at least four other European countries that have criminalized the purchase of sex: Sweden, Norway, Iceland and the UK.
Journalists Noisette Martel and Aurore Gayte contributed to this report.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/07/europe/france-prostitution/?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
been legal in the US for years,

bankers, stock brokers, etc, all prostitutes

you pay them to get screwed,

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Prostitution is asking to be paid. Asking is now legal. Actually getting paid isn't.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Mickey Marty has it right.

So the basic contract is busted in France if'n you use money which as my grandma used to call "trading." No she wasn't referring to prostitution, she ment trading at the grocery store, gas station or the phone company. Though I suppose prostitution does or could happen at those places.

Actually I bet that trading or bartering for contract sex is still viable so eventually one will be abel to have their cake and eat it too. I mean day-am what's the difference between a toaster, gold coin, or a bicycle? There is none as they are things just like paper Frank's or euros, whatervers. As a thing it can be given away in contact or due to contract, so this makes them a thing. A thing which is fictional and they are going to tell me I can't have the cake in the window when I have something to trade? NAW

France, legislating morality by seizing control of sexual contract.....how pitiful....gona be a lot of people standing in front of that cake shop pining away at what they can't have now. Hmmmm, maybe there will be that cute special girl there yearning for some cake also....you don't think? No, can't be, France's new hook up place is in front of the bakers shop?

Oh look they went from banksters to bakers.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Aw hell they have been getting around laws like that for over a hundred and fifty years.
In frontier America you paid for tokens in brothels. Nothing illegal about buying tokens or exchanging tokens for favors.
If you happen to have some of those old brothel tokens nowadays you can sell them to collectors for $$$. :2 thumbs up:

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Prostitution is asking to be paid. Asking is now legal. Actually getting paid isn't.

So does that mean the Johns can strike a deal, do the deed and then walk away without paying with no recourse for the prostitutes? Sounds like a bad idea....not to mention the further implications of entrapment scenarios...

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?" Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!" Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Two people should be free to contract without the interference or morality of a third party

Just leave everyone alone, they'll make their own decisions and love with the consequences of their actions

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Two people should be free to contract without the interference or morality of a third party

It's "radical" ideas such as this that would see the majority of the parasites in government seeking gainful employment.

itchy166

Seeker
Reaction score
Fuck the French and their stupid laws.

(just don't pay them afterwards)

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I think it would be amusing if some of these ladies went to culinary school and then offered their services as personal chefs. The price for a gourmet dinner would be very high, of course. The customer places the order, and the price would cover pretty much anything. She brings the ingredients, makes him a great meal, and afterward... They celebrate.

An online rating system would help weed out the scammers and reward the best chefs.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
That's a fantastic business suggestion S_e!

Likely the goobermint busy bodies would soon find a way to criminalize the act of cooking. Need a license for that...in the interests of public safety.

itchy166

Seeker
Reaction score
I think it would be amusing if some of these ladies went to culinary school and then offered their services as personal chefs. The price for a gourmet dinner would be very high, of course. The customer places the order, and the price would cover pretty much anything. She brings the ingredients, makes him a great meal, and afterward... They celebrate.

An online rating system would help weed out the scammers and reward the best chefs.

"Coq au vin" will be a customer favorite I'm sure...

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

QWAK,Someone_else,I think they call that DATING!:don't    know2:

the DUCK :winks2:

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Reaction score
Just another mammoth sized pussy pass and a way that only men are held accountable for their actions and women can do no wrong no matter what. We men have to pay to even when we do the right thing and they get paid for doing the wrong thing.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

A better alternative would simply be to charge for a clothing optional dance, and whatever happens behind closed doors after the dance is betwixt the two.

Nude dancing is a protected form of free speech here. Is it in France too? If prostitution itself is legal, I can't see how nude dancing wouldn't be.
...but I think this more about the gov being able to run sting operations with female cops posing as prostitutes in order to arrest the johns. As long as you have a known to be real prostitute, I doubt there'd be any problems.

Also, if prostitution is actually declared to be legal and the act of prostitution itself is defined as charging for sex, how could it be illegal to pay for something that itself is legal? Without payment, it's impossible to have the prostitution that's supposed to be legal. I can't wait to see how their Court system deals with the contradiction. Although they'll probably just ignore it.

It'd be like if in Colorado they made weed legal and have stores selling it, but kept it illegal to buy it. What the he!! kinda sense would that make?