• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Gasoline prices in your area?

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
BTW for those unaware you can get prices online at www.gasbuddy.com gives cheaptest prices, I use it before going for a fill up
The problem around here there are only 2-3 distributors. When you see a price it is gonna be all over the county in minutes. Now, Once in a while you may find a Mom & Pop who'll keep the price down until late evening trying to get the last of the Rush Hour Traffic going home.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The problem around here there are only 2-3 distributors. When you see a price it is gonna be all over the county in minutes. Now, Once in a while you may find a Mom & Pop who'll keep the price down until late evening trying to get the last of the Rush Hour Traffic going home.
I see 15 cent differences in our area

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see 15 cent differences in our area
Which is really nothin', once the math is done. How many gallons does the typical petson buy? 15, maybe 20 gallons on a fill up? Ie: a $2-$3 difference? Does that really break anyones bank? $2 will get ya a medium frys at mcd's.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My particular gas has risen about 45 cents per gallon since inauguration day, but other stations are up about a dollar.

I'm seeing $4 regular gas for the first time in years.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Which is really nothin', once the math is done. How many gallons does the typical petson buy? 15, maybe 20 gallons on a fill up? Ie: a $2-$3 difference? Does that really break anyones bank? $2 will get ya a medium frys at mcd's.
In the short term it that amount won't make much difference but multiply that by 52. And that's just gasoline. Oil produces much more than that. Hopefully pay was increased accordingly.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
In the short term it that amount won't make much difference but multiply that by 52. And that's just gasoline. Oil produces much more than that. Hopefully pay was increased accordingly.
Yea, over a years time it'd be an extra $150 or so, but even then it's still pretty low over all, as it doesn't have to be paid all at once. A dollar or two or even three in a week will break very few people.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
well we are seeing aprox up $1 a gallon now for diesel in our area from 1/20.......just in time for farming season .......fertilizer is up about 30% so far and climbing.......coming to a store near you soon .......propane?? not sure yet.....

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yea, over a years time it'd be an extra $150 or so, but even then it's still pretty low over all, as it doesn't have to be paid all at once. A dollar or two or even three in a week will break very few people.
That's just today's price though. I'd be surprised if the price drops come Summer.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Gas prices haven't slowed me down yet, I don't know what price it would take...it's not here yet. Ymmv

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Price is going up.

That's not a flaw; it's a feature.

The Left SAYS they want to Save De Earf by restricting fossil-fuel usage. LIE. Pipelines to transport petroleum are FAR less energy-consuming than tanking, railroading, transferring product in small batches. To say nothing of the inevitable spillage and accidents.

What the Left is about is LEVELING WESTERN SOCIETY. Attack the energy use and the famines create themselves. Coming...maybe this year; probably next year.

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
$2.92, that's about 40% up from January

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
A year ago it was 1.65 today I paid $2.49. What can you buy with $20???

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Let it be...this is actually perfect timing.

The Collapse, the sudden (seemingly) hyperinflation will be blamed on the Dumbos. And the Head Dumbo, Xiden.

The Dominion algos can only do so much. And when the WHOLE of the nation wants them out, and Fake Votes reelect the bedridden Alzheimer's patients...well, when everyone wants change, and the system refuses, and with fraud and disingenuous vote "tallies"...blood is gonna be spilled.

Couldn't happen to a more-deserving crowd of Mercedes Marxists.

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
$2.89, was 2.26 before the polar vortex and blackouts.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
$2.69.9 East Tn. Up almost $1 since the communist coup.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Made $2.89 but is drifting down, Sam's, Costco, and BJ's are usually cheaper. My local Sam's is $2.68.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
$3.35 (less Harris teeter 1 off) for premium

8.10/gal (up 0.75) for 100 octane unleaded from the handy Hugo pump

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
$2.94 9/10 at Chevron in Arizona for the cheap stuff.
Monday morning will probably see $2.99 9/10 then over 3 bucks by Friday.

Not quite as high as this picture but only going up.
Screenshot_20210314-094645_Chrome.jpg

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The price of gas hasn't changed very much over the years.

I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a gallon of gas for two dimes.

Two 1964 silver dimes that is.

Those same two silver dimes are worth about FRN 3.80 today.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Over night 20 cent hike...

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Paid 2.82 for 89 grade in Holly colorado this morning. It is tax deductible.

really

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Summer travel season.

It always happens. Although, in honesty, not that big a jump.

It's okay, though. High prices cure high prices. Sometimes it takes awhile, and since the critical factor now is intrusive government politics and Climate Hysteria...it will require regime change.

But it will happen. Within the existing system, or (more likely) out of collapse. The Fourth Turning.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
If high plains coyote hides would go up like fuel, id wait til they haired out in fall and kill 500.

My not kidding.

:truck2:

:don't know:

Cmon man, I have hairy legs.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The price of gas hasn't changed very much over the years.

I'm old enough to remember when you could buy a gallon of gas for two dimes.

Two 1964 silver dimes that is.

Those same two silver dimes are worth about FRN 3.80 today.
I remember it being 29 cents a gallon.

Of course, being seven years old, I wasn't buying much of it. Same time, my old man made about $15k - and that put him in the top ten percent. The house we had just bought cost $13k. I sold it in 2009 for $145,000.

Truth is, though: As a measure of how many hours you need work to get a tankful, gas (HAS been) almost as cheap as it ever had been. So now we've politicized oil refining and energy use, and the dumphuk Left is getting what always comes of it. Price spikes.

There's a part of me that's not displeased, though. One CONSTANT irritation these days, is these slack-jawed morons with their huge, hulking, un-muffled, smoking Bro-Dozer trucks. They're either driven aggressively, to intimidate drivers in sensible-sized vehicles, or they're driven timidly, hesitantly - the driver unable to figure out how to maneuver something so big and so high up.

Some of those cretins need their mortgaged trucks repossessed - the sooner the better.

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reg Unl Still over 4.10 around here...Premium, for my bike, over 4.60 per gallon

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I rolled over to the neighbors today, to check his scene. His big old tractor is fucked up. Seems the main drive went out. He called the old fellers in garden city ks, they would fix him right up, in 2 weeks, fer 27k. Its time to plant milo he says, asks me r you done with your shit.

I said yes.

He says will you plant my crop, the moisture is good and we need to put the seed in the ground.

I said yes.

So I called the boys, they are moving equipment over there now.

he is paying me 18 frn an acre to plant, after wages and fuel I make 3 frn an acre. he has 4k acres. I dont even have to go over there. Done and Done! We ought to have his seed in the ground by friday.

I love fuel, and its tax deductible.

pit gets it...............

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Premium, for my bike, over 4.60 per gallon
But that's not an expense, that's fun or entertainment. What is one dollar an hour for having a good time? Okay, maybe a buck and a half if you speed up. Sure, changing the oil and cleaning the carbs is part of the game, but it is a hobby, right?

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
But that's not an expense, that's fun or entertainment. What is one dollar an hour for having a good time? Okay, maybe a buck and a half if you speed up. Sure, changing the oil and cleaning the carbs is part of the game, but it is a hobby, right?
Well, it depends on how he uses it. In city traffic, traveling by motorcycle is the fastest way - and the easiest way to find parking. I get around by cycle all summer.

We're fortunate here in Montucky to be able to get no-booze premium, and even sometimes, no-booze regular. Last I filled up, a week ago, ethanol-free was selling at $3.81. I'm sure that's up now; and I'm not sure we'll even continue to get the booze-free.

It's here because there's so much recreational use. Four-wheelers, outboards, motorcycles, big and little...plus a Smokejumper Center for firefighting training. The Forest Service and NPS both have regional headquarters here; and search-and-rescue teams, with equipment, work out of here. Ethanol doesn't work well with boats or little four-wheelers, and especially not when it's the SARS team that's gotten stalled off eth-gas.

But I suppose the government could put in a set of private pumps for their own needs, and let the boaters and trail-riders just get stuck. Or not go, which is what the eco-freaks really want.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
maintenance? i don't service my lawn mower either...but, what's fun?

the only day i'm not on my bike is when it's wet outside, like now, been drizzling all day

seriously, a hobby is not tax deductible, mine is my package delivery vehicle and overall work vehicle

but i don't get the standard mileage rate either, i've got to keep receipts for everything, but you know a bike costs basically nothing to run...ten spot for a filter and a few quarts of oil - my time is the larger ticket item and i usually waste more of it than i want to...

but fun?

idk...that's kinda out there for me

:summer:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Who decides this?
Yeah, it's a troubling question. Government diktats are never a good way to answer these issues.

But when you get a cretin with a double-digit IQ, trying to drive a top-heavy, three-ton clown truck...trying to drive it and failing, but really succeeding in using it as a weapon, or as a source of black smoke...I get to where I start thinking, "There ought to be a law."

But, the coming economic situation may well solve that, anyway.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it depends on how he uses it. In city traffic, traveling by motorcycle is the fastest way - and the easiest way to find parking. I get around by cycle all summer.

We're fortunate here in Montucky to be able to get no-booze premium, and even sometimes, no-booze regular. Last I filled up, a week ago, ethanol-free was selling at $3.81. I'm sure that's up now; and I'm not sure we'll even continue to get the booze-free.

It's here because there's so much recreational use. Four-wheelers, outboards, motorcycles, big and little...plus a Smokejumper Center for firefighting training. The Forest Service and NPS both have regional headquarters here; and search-and-rescue teams, with equipment, work out of here. Ethanol doesn't work well with boats or little four-wheelers, and especially not when it's the SARS team that's gotten stalled off eth-gas.

But I suppose the government could put in a set of private pumps for their own needs, and let the boaters and trail-riders just get stuck. Or not go, which is what the eco-freaks really want.
maybe it's me, maybe it's my knowledge base, i'd not use ethanol in any vehicle

that's one of the worst chemical fiasco's this country never needed...run our vehicles on whiskey

stoopid scientists