• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Georgia Family Finds Rare $150K Ty Cobb Baseball Card In Father's Sock Drawer

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
https://www.forbes.com/sites/workda...ng-in-an-era-of-constant-change/#1453ccf46c59

After my beloved father passed in 2005, my brother and I cleaned out his sock drawer where we found a container of old quarters and New York City subway tokens. I can only envy one Georgia family. While sorting through their late father’s sock drawer they discovered the most amazing matchbox on earth.

Tucked inside was a super rare and valuable, circa 1910, Ty Cobb tobacco card advertising the Cobb tobacco brand on its back. There was also a trove of ten other Hall of Famers from the same era. The Cobb, though graded in poor condition, may well command $150,000 in an SCP Auction opening on October 18.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Who?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Shortstop for the Tigers and A's (1905-1928). One of the greatest hitters and base stealers of all time.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Had a small box filled with baseball cards as a kid, left home in 69 for military and never moved back, many years later went to visit and remembered my cards but the box was nowhere to be found, no doubt thrown out by my mother as junk.

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I still have boxes of cards from the early 70's, many cards in EX condition, possibly/probably a few NM.

I'm willing/ready to sell but don't know exactly how I want to go about it. I do not want to buy a pricing guide and go through the collection, box by box, card by card, to get a good idea of value and then sell as a lot.

Would be nice to know someone trustworthy to go through the collection and give me a truly fair price.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I still have boxes of cards from the early 70's, many cards in EX condition, possibly/probably a few NM.

I'm willing/ready to sell but don't know exactly how I want to go about it. I do not want to buy a pricing guide and go through the collection, box by box, card by card, to get a good idea of value and then sell as a lot.

Would be nice to know someone trustworthy to go through the collection and give me a truly fair price.
If you don't want to do the work then why should someone else do the work in hopes of finding a treasure? Only to be told "sorry I don't want to sell for your price"?