• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Get Ready For Weed Checkpoints: The Marijuana Breathalyzer Is Now A Reality

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
read it and weep boys...........I been stoned most of adult life. And done pretty ok.

---------------------------------------------
Get Ready For Weed Checkpoints: The Marijuana Breathalyzer Is Now A Reality

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/get-ready-weed-checkpoints-marijuana-breathalyzer-now-reality

Ever since legalized recreational marijuana has become a reality in America, the powers that be have been brainstorming new ways in which to prosecute the legal marijuana user. Obviously, driving stoned is high on the list of no-nos, but the police state will exponentially increase now that cops will soon have marijuana breathalyzers.

As there are now 33 states with some form of legal marijuana, the government has been chomping at the bit for ways to find out how much THC you have in your system. Because THC metabolizes far differently than alcohol, this has presented a challenge to the authorities. Until now.

Current THC testing procedures have relied on blood, hair, and urine samples which test only for the presence of THC. Merely having THC in your system, however, is no way of indicating impairment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more at link......

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/get-ready-weed-checkpoints-marijuana-breathalyzer-now-reality

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
hahaha love it, they are going to test me? ahahah shit; I remember the drug tests from the seventies..... These tests were very accurate. They hold out the drugs and see what ya did....

K, this might derail the thread BUT there is a combination of DNA between those that are born and those that accept said borned umbilical blood AND do not get me started on an absorbed twin in the womb.

And, I am going to worry about some shit wanting to smell my fingers? ahahahaha f here pull my finger!

all frivolities aside] there will never be any true oil based control of a blood % of cannabinoids because THC is fat soluble. It is absorbed into the faty cells and can express itself as such in a blood titration. BUT, but now they have a breatherlix=zer? soryy...shit sorry busting a gut here and I do not even smoke the shit hahahHAHAHAH F

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
hahaha love it, they are going to test me? ahahah shit; I remember the drug tests from the seventies..... These tests were very accurate. They hold out the drugs and see what ya did....

K, this might derail the thread BUT there is a combination of DNA between those that are born and those that accept said borned umbilical blood AND do not get me started on an absorbed twin in the womb.

And, I am going to worry about some shit wanting to smell my fingers? ahahahaha f here pull my finger!

all frivolities aside] there will never be any true oil based control of a blood % of cannabinoids because THC is fat soluble. It is absorbed into the faty cells and can express itself as such in a blood titration. BUT, but now they have a breatherlix=zer? soryy...shit sorry busting a gut here and I do not even smoke the shit hahahHAHAHAH F
Explain that shit to the judge nigger.

Thats great!

Hats off man!

:truck2:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
this was too good to pass up, from coops link
someone got sold a shiny object by a snake oil salesman...........

totally high tech!
super scientific!
incredibly accurate to 6000 decimal places!
cheap at twice the price!
amazingly portable!

you too can have one for each of your po po for the unbelievably small price of just $$ /mth!!!!!!!!!!

Interdisciplinary researchers in Pitt’s Department of Chemistry and the Swanson School of Engineering claim to have overcome these limitations by using carbon nanotubes in their breathalyzer.

The THC molecules in your breathe reportedly “bind with the tubes and alter their electrical properties, while sensors detect levels of the compound with an accuracy comparable to, or better than, mass spectrometry, the gold standard for THC detection.”

“The semiconductor carbon nanotubes that we are using weren’t available even a few years ago,” said Sean Hwang, lead author on the paper published in the journal ACS Sensors. “We used machine learning to ‘teach’ the breathalyzer to recognize the presence of THC based on the electrical currents recovery time, even when there are other substances, like alcohol, present in the breath.”​

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
this was too good to pass up, from coops link
someone got sold a shiny object by a snake oil salesman...........

totally high tech!
super scientific!
incredibly accurate to 6000 decimal places!
cheap at twice the price!
amazingly portable!

you to can have one for each of your po po for the unbelievably small price of just $$ /mth!!!!!!!!!!

Interdisciplinary researchers in Pitt’s Department of Chemistry and the Swanson School of Engineering claim to have overcome these limitations by using carbon nanotubes in their breathalyzer.

The THC molecules in your breathe reportedly “bind with the tubes and alter their electrical properties, while sensors detect levels of the compound with an accuracy comparable to, or better than, mass spectrometry, the gold standard for THC detection.”

“The semiconductor carbon nanotubes that we are using weren’t available even a few years ago,” said Sean Hwang, lead author on the paper published in the journal ACS Sensors. “We used machine learning to ‘teach’ the breathalyzer to recognize the presence of THC based on the electrical currents recovery time, even when there are other substances, like alcohol, present in the breath.”​
Does it detect editable consumption?

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I wonder what other compounds act similarly in your blood and will provide false positives? CBD oil? Corn flakes? Smoke from burning underbrush? Toothpaste?

I wonder how many lives are going to be ruined by false positives?

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
But that won't matter because, after all, it is for our safety

But, the latest I've heard:
It's a Victimless Crime
I wonder if a positive result will get you two weeks in the local slammer

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Government has learned to profit from decriminalization of the plant. Now you gotta learn to partake the proper way.
Don't hold your breath big pharma gonna wanna patent strains. It'll be like farming and Monsanto variety crops up on your property. No they didn't invade you stole their property rights.
Big business loves big governments.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
When the cop pulls you over just light up. When he says you were smoking and riving just say you weren't smoking until he made you all nervous and pulled you over. Now you have to call someone to come and get you so you don't smoke and drive or and do you have any reeses peanut butter cups while iI am waiting.

What I find really messed up is when they get a call for a heroine overdose the same cops rush right out to give them a 1000 dollar taxpayer funded shot to save their lives and then they go free.

Just wait til the feds legalize. Thats when the FDA gets involved with 1000's of pages of regs. Probably already in the works. Fuckin little guy is still sitting in jail while the big players come in and make millions off the same shit. Only difference is words on a piece of paper that give someone permission.