• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

GETTR......

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you all have heard of the mass migration to GETTR......ie...... PRESS RELEASE: “Joe Rogan Wave” of 700,000 new GETTR users is a “Great Awakening”. This has probably grown to over a million now.

Lots of folks moving away from Twitter. I deleted my FB account but I was never on Twitter. Its just a growing dissatisfaction with a lot of social media and tech giants. I've completely done away with Apple, fb, firefox, & chrome and mostly minimized google, amazon, microsoft, and several others.

Starting out the new year with a few changes. GETTR is one of them. I'm done with talking heads, fact checkers, censored posts, and flat out liars. I'll be a part of this wave.

Find me on GETTR at NMfreeman@NMfreeman

And BTW this forum is one of my favorites. I've learned lots here and appreciate most all of you. We may not always agree but it sure makes this a fun place to let off some steam......

:2 thumbs up:

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Meh, Gettr is no different than twitter. It is just a competitor in the censored speech space. If you want an actual free speech competitor to twitter the only real option I've found is gab.com. Of course you wont find many big names on it; because they don't want to be associated with the stink that comes along with free speech.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Thanks to President Trump, I have a few people on twittler I read. Never joined. I learned by doing a half assed sign up with reddit that any opinion contrary to the version the PTB want everyone to see just gets overridden and with twittler, they are now kicking people out.

GETTR does sound intriguing. I may get over there.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Meh, Gettr is no different than twitter. It is just a competitor in the censored speech space. If you want an actual free speech competitor to twitter the only real option I've found is gab.com.

Meh.....I'm on Gab and MeWe too. Both of those two are more like FB, but you wont be censored or fact checked on either of them.

And I beg to differ,.....Yer not gonna get banned from Gettr for posting something some lib finds objectionable. And I think Gettr is going to have a huge footprint on social media.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Meh.....I'm on Gab and MeWe too. Both of those two are more like FB, but you wont be censored or fact checked on either of them.

And I beg to differ,.....Yer not gonna get banned from Gettr for posting something some lib finds objectionable. And I think Gettr is going to have a huge footprint on social media.

but you might get banned for posting something a "conservative" finds objectionable, so just the opposite wing of the same vulture. But, it takes all kinds and the more competition the better.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
funny enough just came across this... might want to rethink that you wont get banned for offending liberals.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
funny enough just came across this... might want to rethink that you wont get banned for offending liberals.
Yeah, good luck with that! There is no freedom from censorship nor any degree of security on the internet. C'mon man!! That's not a God given right

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I followed Rogan over to GETTR. Just to make a statement.

Never went there b4.

Just followed you vChris

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I followed Rogan over to GETTR. Just to make a statement.

Never went there b4.

Just followed you vChris

How can I find you on Gettr? Edited: never mind I found you and followed you also.

Last edited:

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
from Wikipedophile
Gettr is a privately held company.[32] Miller has said the company was financed by a "consortium of international investors" including a foundation tied to Guo Wengui, a Chinese businessman and dissident[33] with connections to former Trump strategist Steve Bannon and Mar-a-Lago.[30][2] Guo has said he is an adviser to the platform.[2] Media sites tied to Guo have suggested that the platform and its logo were his ideas, though Miller has downplayed the connections.[34] The Daily Beast reported that Gettr was a retooled version of Guo's Chinese internet app, Getome, created by Guo's Chainnov, which Miller confirmed.[30] Getome accounts were wiped before relaunching as Gettr.[35] Miller has said that Guo did not invest money directly and has no official authority within Gettr.[32]

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Guo Wengui (Chinese: 郭文贵; born May 10, 1970—self claim[2] or October 5, 1968[3]), also known under the names Guo Haoyun (郭浩云), Miles Guo, and Miles Kwok,[4] is an exiled Chinese billionaire businessman who became a political activist and controls Beijing Zenith Holdings (via proxies Li Lin and Jiang Yuehua),[5] and other assets.[6][7] At the peak of his career, he was the 73rd richest person in China. Guo was accused of corruption and other misdeeds by the Chinese authorities and fled to the United States in late 2014, after learning he was going to be arrested under allegations including bribing, kidnapping, money laundering, fraud and rape.[8][9] Guo is a colleague of Steve Bannon[10] and a member of former U.S. President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.[4]

Traderjoe

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is only one free speech platform and that is Gab.com. Gettr is just another fake.
If you want the truth look into Andrew Torba's story and what he has had to overcome.
gettr.jpeg

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
that's too much for my interest...what i can't type here, my wife gets to hear

she's not always happy but she IS well informed

:summer:

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There is only one free speech platform and that is Gab.com. Gettr is just another fake.
If you want the truth look into Andrew Torba's story and what he has had to overcome.View attachment 239807

I've been on Gab for about a year or so now. It is a good forum. I'm also on MeWe. I like them both. I pretty much went to Gettr for the same reasons GoldHedge mentioned above.

My two cents on this is from a personal perspective. I have a friend and a sibling who are both employed by the media. My friend (we used to be very close) works for the local ABC NEWS affiliate. I talked with him the other night at a new years party. We are both Dodge Challenger owners and we belong to a local Mopar club.

We had a pretty intense, but friendly, discussion about the media. They are alarmed at the audience share that they have lost over the past year. He's a weather guy but they have him do local human interests stories on occasion. He's a old school lib but even he is alarmed at the direction his station has taken them with this "woke/swj" agenda. He admitted to me that there's an aura of fear at their loss of market share. And he relayed to me that its a common theme throughout the other networks and Cable news. He even told me he was anxious to talk to me because he knows exactly where I stand from when we were FB friends. He's always been respectful of my conservative viewpoint. His station believes they have lost a little market share to the local CBS affiliate but what's far more alarming to them is the that viewership is way down. And its also affecting their advertisement sales.

And to follow up on that he text me earlier today asking me what I thought about the amount of traffic Joe Rogan has pulled to Gettr. I didn't mince words and told him how half the country and our State believes that ABC was an acting cheerleader for Biden and the left. And that, and the censoring the Tech companies are doing is only going to accelerate the move away from traditional media. He didn't even bother to argue the point. In the past he has. He actually reluctantly agreed.

I'm hearing the same kind of stuff from my brother in CA. He's a camera/video operator.

Even if you don't want to learn how to navigate Gettr like Goldhedge said it's worth it to sign up, just to make a statement.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I've been on Gab for about a year or so now. It is a good forum. I'm also on MeWe. I like them both. I pretty much went to Gettr for the same reasons GoldHedge mentioned above.

My two cents on this is from a personal perspective. I have a friend and a sibling who are both employed by the media. My friend (we used to be very close) works for the local ABC NEWS affiliate. I talked with him the other night at a new years party. We are both Dodge Challenger owners and we belong to a local Mopar club.

We had a pretty intense, but friendly, discussion about the media. They are alarmed at the audience share that they have lost over the past year. He's a weather guy but they have him do local human interests stories on occasion. He's a old school lib but even he is alarmed at the direction his station has taken them with this "woke/swj" agenda. He admitted to me that there's an aura of fear at their loss of market share. And he relayed to me that its a common theme throughout the other networks and Cable news. He even told me he was anxious to talk to me because he knows exactly where I stand from when we were FB friends. He's always been respectful of my conservative viewpoint. His station believes they have lost a little market share to the local CBS affiliate but what's far more alarming to them is the that viewership is way down. And its also affecting their advertisement sales.

And to follow up on that he text me earlier today asking me what I thought about the amount of traffic Joe Rogan has pulled to Gettr. I didn't mince words and told him how half the country and our State believes that ABC was an acting cheerleader for Biden and the left. And that, and the censoring the Tech companies are doing is only going to accelerate the move away from traditional media. He didn't even bother to argue the point. In the past he has. He actually reluctantly agreed.

I'm hearing the same kind of stuff from my brother in CA. He's a camera/video operator.

Even if you don't want to learn how to navigate Gettr like Goldhedge said it's worth it to sign up, just to make a statement.

Some time ago I would have wondered where these executives got any of their business training. I know better now. They were all hired via the old who you know and whether or not they can mingle with others and make friends so to speak. Whether or not they actually knew how to run a business was never a factor.

Go Woke - Go Broke.

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ok......... let me splain it to you Lucy, Dr. Steve Turley does an excellent job of explaining pretty much, the point I'm trying to get across here.

We are winning......

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Facebook is good for very niche groups so long as you enter Facebook knowing that they are trying to profile you. Just use a fake name, fake picture, and a dummy email.

I have a troll account there and I can’t tell you how many times they have called my fake accounts stated employer to snitch on me haha.

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Jason Miller, the CEO of GETTR, spent two hours on Bannons War Room ...

Episode 1,547 – Twitter’s War On MAGA
Published January 8, 2022 by Bannons War Room

Episode 1,548 – Twitter’s War On MAGA
Published January 8, 2022 by Bannons War Room

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Do you pay for either of these?

I don't. Just wondering if there is any benefit to it?

vichris

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Do you pay for either of these?

I don't. Just wondering if there is any benefit to it?

I don't,.....although I might. Been considering it with Gab for no other reason than to just support them. I've been sending a yearly donation to one of my favorite website CFP. Citizens Free Press. I also have a subscription to Epoch News. I figure I'm way ahead. I probably paid double that with what my cable bill was in just 2 months. I don't mind supporting freedom. Kinda like GIM...