• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gillette ‘Shifting The Spotlight’ After Losing $8 Billion Amid ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Backlash

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Is there such a thing as a cheap safety razor that adjusts to give it a try? Why does a 60 year old razor work better than the BS they are selling now?
Why don't someone make an affordable safety razor?

I stopped at the 2 blade sensors. Got blades at a swap meet in dented boxes and bought a piule of them. Now I found some disposible razors in Czech Republic and I searched in the US & found them at Big Lots for $0.15 each.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Is there such a thing as a cheap safety razor that adjusts to give it a try? Why does a 60 year old razor work better than the BS they are selling now?
Why don't someone make an affordable safety razor?

I stopped at the 2 blade sensors. Got blades at a swap meet in dented boxes and bought a piule of them. Now I found some disposible razors in Czech Republic and I searched in the US & found them at Big Lots for $0.15 each.
On amazon, Weishi sells a long handle butterfly open nostalgic safety razor for $16.98. That’s cheap, but I don’t know how they work or how durable they are. Check out the customer review section and see what they say.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
On amazon, Weishi sells a long handle butterfly open nostalgic safety razor for $16.98. That’s cheap, but I don’t know how they work or how durable they are. Check out the customer review section and see what they say.
Supply your own strop and a barber chair to attach it to, along with some barbicide for combs and a lather brush and cup to massage the shaving area and "The barber from Seville" playing in the background...getting expensive.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Supply your own strop and a barber chair to attach it to, along with some barbicide for combs and a lather brush and cup to massage the shaving area and "The barber from Seville" playing in the background...getting expensive.
I just bought a new set of Oster clippers to trim my beard. What's a razor?

1567014062784.png

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I seem to get by without all that paraphernalia. A safety razor and blades is all that is required. I don’t even bother with shave cream, because soap and water does the same job just fine.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Not only listen but read the comments.... much bigger than Gillette. Listen at 1.25 or faster if you want.
THen when you are done do you really thing indian warrin is in any way a challenge or even molester biden?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Not only listen but read the comments.... much bigger than Gillette. Listen at 1.25 or faster if you want.
THen when you are done do you really thing indian warrin is in any way a challenge or even molester biden?
Comments are gold!!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Last week I signed up for Harry's shave club. Got the handle and blade (5). The first shave was kind of a different feel. The second was amazingly smooth. Not sure why? Broke in the blade?? Meh... I'm on their 3 month plan which is the cheapest.
Update on Harry's.

Got one blade and handle. Used it for about 2 weeks. Blades are spaced further apart than Gillettes. Probably a patent on Gillettes part??

Anyway, I shave about every 3 days, so I used it about 4 times? Last time it was pretty rough. Juxtaposed to Gillette... I've been using the same Gillette blade since June! I've gotten 8 months out of one before it would nick like Harry's did. Last shave was with the 3 mo old Gillette!

Must be a better steel Gillette is using? Also, they have two levels of blades. The 2nd is supposed to be sharper, more expensive?? I'm cheap and bought a bunch of the cheaper about 2 yrs ago.

Harry's mailed me my first installation (and probably my last). I'll use them and reevaluate as necessary.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
LOL bitch, ain't no coming back from that!

Not the first time I've had that thought either!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
LOL bitch, ain't no coming back from that!

Not the first time I've had that thought either!
Zed, you may now post in the senile thread.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
“Gillette ... monkey-double-back-flip, quadruple-doubled down.” That was funny.

silver solution

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I just bought a new set of Oster clippers to trim my beard. What's a razor?

View attachment 139704
They are not like they used to be. I bought new one for the dogs. It was ok. Well found old one at junk shop for 5 bucks. That one was great. Think paid near 100 bucks for the new one. Shorter cord, got hot faster just not as good.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
They are not like they used to be. I bought new one for the dogs. It was ok. Well found old one at junk shop for 5 bucks. That one was great. Think paid near 100 bucks for the new one. Shorter cord, got hot faster just not as good.
I've had good luck with Wahl clippers.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
naww, just comrade kotex doing bar stunts for tips back before she became uber importante'

or a Member Of The United States Of America House Of Representatives, in their parlance

thinking of that, the place reminds of that broken toy movie, whichever one it was, bunch of misfits, the whole lot of them